Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:26:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267971 times)
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4675 on: January 06, 2021, 12:37:30 AM »

You guys think SirWoodbury is going to honor his deal?
有爭議嘅領土 of The Figgis Agency
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4676 on: January 06, 2021, 12:37:31 AM »

Republicans, if you're feeling bummed I have good news for you

McDonald (R) looks to have beaten Blackman (D) for the District 4 Public Service Commission

His campaign focused heavily on climate change. That and a desire to split tickets probably doomed him with country clubbers in places like Roswell, Alpharetta and West Paces Ferry.

SMFH goddamnit... but if what forsythvoter said is true, McDonald is fairly pro-nuclear energy. So that counts for something on the climate action front.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4677 on: January 06, 2021, 12:37:51 AM »

Fox is already helping pushing: voting irregularities... poll observers not being close enough ... etc  (and this is Shannon Beam, not Hannity or Laura or the like)

Are you serious?
How pathetic. Good God!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4678 on: January 06, 2021, 12:38:04 AM »

Ugh hopefully Manchin uses his power to stop the left wing agenda and force a more centrist agenda to pass

Biden's agenda is already fairly centrist. It's like some Republicans forget who won the primaries.

Yah centrist compared to how far left the Democratic Party has become but it’s still much to the left of the Democratic Party circa 2015

2015? I really don't get the sense the party has moved all that left since then. Bernie lost twice, "The Squad" doesn't have any power within the party. The leftists may be loud but they are hardly pulling the strings of the party.

Yeah OSR doesn't have to worry. The policies of supporting the genocide in Yemen and letting people die because they can't afford insulin are safe with you.

On the night we win the Senate you really want to talk about how a Democrat Senate is just as bad as a Republican Senate.

Absolutely not. Alben Barkley was saying s***t that deserved a response.

He might just be an asshole and make me feel bad I ever defended him.
Alben Barkley is right about the true significance of the squad and the Left of the party. Sorry to say it, but it's true. If anything, I admire his brutal honesty.

But it's not brutal honesty. It was a photo that right wing media played up. No different then if Ossoff and Warnock get called "the brothers" since they referenced that and it gets manipulated in a racist way because of one comment made off hand.
I don't have a horse in this besides the "how much power does the left have" question. It's fair to say that the actual influence that folks like AOC have is indeed exagerrated and the perception that they have this level of power is due to the media giving them a huge megaphone.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #4679 on: January 06, 2021, 12:38:12 AM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4680 on: January 06, 2021, 12:38:28 AM »

"I am going to the Senate to work for all of Georgia."

Basically declaring victory.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #4681 on: January 06, 2021, 12:39:16 AM »

Ugh hopefully Manchin uses his power to stop the left wing agenda and force a more centrist agenda to pass

Biden's agenda is already fairly centrist. It's like some Republicans forget who won the primaries.

Yah centrist compared to how far left the Democratic Party has become but it’s still much to the left of the Democratic Party circa 2015

2015? I really don't get the sense the party has moved all that left since then. Bernie lost twice, "The Squad" doesn't have any power within the party. The leftists may be loud but they are hardly pulling the strings of the party.

Yeah OSR doesn't have to worry. The policies of supporting the genocide in Yemen and letting people die because they can't afford insulin are safe with you.

On the night we win the Senate you really want to talk about how a Democrat Senate is just as bad as a Republican Senate.

Alben Barkley is right about the true significance of the squad and the Left of the party. Sorry to say it, but it's true. If anything, I admire his brutal honesty.
Problem is I get the sense he'd like it to stay that way.
forsythvoter

« Reply #4682 on: January 06, 2021, 12:39:20 AM »

McDonald (R) looks to have beaten Blackman (D) for the District 4 Public Service Commission

His campaign focused heavily on climate change. That and a desire to split tickets probably doomed him with country clubbers in places like Roswell, Alpharetta and West Paces Ferry.

SMFH goddamnit... but if what forsythvoter said is true, McDonald is fairly pro-nuclear energy. So that counts for something on the climate action front.

Yeah GA has a big nuclear power plant under construction under McDonald and I really wanted to see it through for climate and fiscal reasons.
SCNCmod

« Reply #4683 on: January 06, 2021, 12:39:48 AM »

Classy- Fox cuts Warnock's Speech after about 30 seconds.
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #4684 on: January 06, 2021, 12:39:49 AM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4685 on: January 06, 2021, 12:40:00 AM »

Yeah GA has a big nuclear power plant under construction under McDonald and I really wanted to see it through for climate and fiscal reasons.

So you voted Ossoff/Warnock/McDonald?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4686 on: January 06, 2021, 12:40:08 AM »

I know Garland is considered a favorite for AG, though I'm skeptical. Wonder if he finally gets his SCOTUS seat if Breyer retires.
No, Biden has pledged to pick a Black woman and Garland was a compromise pick that Obama made. If Biden doesn't pick a Black woman, most Black voters and probably most Democratic voters will be outraged.

I hear Mrs. Cheri L. Beasley of North Carolina is looking for a new job Wink

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4687 on: January 06, 2021, 12:40:17 AM »

Isn’t it ironic that Democrats won the Senate because of a Republican senator dying, a Republican senator retiring, and an outdated runoff system the GOP reinstated to help them win
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #4688 on: January 06, 2021, 12:40:45 AM »

Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #4689 on: January 06, 2021, 12:40:59 AM »

Not trying to brag, but I feel vindicated for thinking GA was more likely to flip than NC in both the Presidential and Senate races (I thought this since the very beginning of this election cycle).
forsythvoter

« Reply #4690 on: January 06, 2021, 12:41:05 AM »

So you voted Ossoff/Warnock/McDonald?

Indeed. I had a post on this last week and my reasons for voting for each.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4691 on: January 06, 2021, 12:41:12 AM »

Red Georgia is now Blue Georgia !!!
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4692 on: January 06, 2021, 12:41:16 AM »

You guys think SirWoodbury is going to honor his deal?

If there is a God, let him speak...
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4693 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:14 AM »

Ossoff's election gives me hope that Millennials will be able to run for office despite a complete social media history accessible to the public.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4694 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:17 AM »

But it's not brutal honesty. It was a photo that right wing media played up. No different then if Ossoff and Warnock get called "the brothers" since they referenced that and it gets manipulated in a racist way because of one comment made off hand.
I don't have a horse in this besides the "how much power does the left have" question. It's fair to say that the actual influence that folks like AOC have is indeed exagerrated and the perception that they have this level of power is due to the media giving them a huge megaphone.

1992 was the "year of the women". If the women took a picture to celebrate, and then right wind media manipulated that, would we blindly accept that? I don't. I'm no fan of Tlaib or Omar but frankly we need to stop feeding into these talking points. It sounds like we mostly agree but I'd prefer not to co-opt terms that are being used in a derogatory way.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #4695 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:19 AM »

so whens dekalb gonna drop?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4696 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:33 AM »

good meme, isn't it?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4697 on: January 06, 2021, 12:42:38 AM »

Did you get a picture of this from Fuzzy's home (hanging on his wall)?
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #4698 on: January 06, 2021, 12:43:10 AM »

Once they see how many votes they need to make up the difference. (Joking)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4699 on: January 06, 2021, 12:43:26 AM »

It sounds like Warnock is declaring victory.

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies