Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:29:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 263685 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: January 03, 2021, 04:31:53 PM »

Just saw a new (at least to me) DSCC ad during the NFL broadcast that showed Loeffler and Perdue as wealthy, out-of-touch elites and encouraged Republicans to not vote on Tuesday.  Haven't seen that suggestion before.

I'm glad they didn't use this attack too early on because if they did by now it would render useless. Obviously, the ad will likely change very few people's plans but a few people here and there can make all the difference
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2101 on: January 03, 2021, 04:55:19 PM »

Even given Perdue's quarantine, it really feels like he's either given up, or is purposely trying to lay low. Not sure how that is helpful given the Dems have actually had a really great GOTV this time around
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2102 on: January 03, 2021, 05:03:53 PM »

Even given Perdue's quarantine, it really feels like he's either given up, or is purposely trying to lay low. Not sure how that is helpful given the Dems have actually had a really great GOTV this time around

I think he’s been laying low since he pulled out his Marvelous Mrs Maisel audition at the rally with Harris’s name.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2103 on: January 03, 2021, 05:43:29 PM »

I’m wondering at what point all this media and stuff reaches critical mass and starts having diminishing returns. I’m past the point of being excited for this race and being annoyed. I just got called twice within ten minutes.Ofc I’m going to vote but it’s just been relentless. I don’t watch live tv outside of work and I don’t listen to the radio at all but I still can’t escape the ads. They pop up on YT and Spotify too. I’ve been texted two or three times a day for a couple of weeks now. Idk if I ever want to see any of the four of their faces or hear their names ever again. I answer the phone when I know it’s them because I don’t want to keep getting called. I politely told the last volunteer who called me to not call me again.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2104 on: January 03, 2021, 05:51:09 PM »

I’m wondering at what point all this media and stuff reaches critical mass and starts having diminishing returns. I’m past the point of being excited for this race and being annoyed. I just got called twice within ten minutes.Ofc I’m going to vote but it’s just been relentless. I don’t watch live tv outside of work and I don’t listen to the radio at all but I still can’t escape the ads. They pop up on YT and Spotify too. I’ve been texted two or three times a day for a couple of weeks now. Idk if I ever want to see any of the four of their faces or hear their names ever again. I answer the phone when I know it’s them because I don’t want to keep getting called. I politely told the last volunteer who called me to not call me again.

there's 2 days left. i think you'll be fine gurl
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2105 on: January 03, 2021, 05:53:07 PM »

I agree - there's a level of exhaustion setting in.  I wish the runoff period was shorter.
Catalunya
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #2106 on: January 03, 2021, 05:55:48 PM »

Imagine if Republicans lose because of people being sick of getting told to vote constantly and at the end deciding they won’t vote out of annoyance.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2107 on: January 03, 2021, 05:56:22 PM »

Ossoff has now taken over Perdue in the betting markets.

Ossoff 51.6%
Perdue 48.3%

Warnock 58.2%
Loeffler 41.7%
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2108 on: January 03, 2021, 06:16:32 PM »

If you want to follow one local reporter for Georgia politics, Bluestein is the one.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2109 on: January 03, 2021, 06:23:43 PM »

"Anonymous sources" can say whatever, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. How many "anonymous sources" were saying that 2020 would be a bloodbath for House Republicans?

FWIW, I've changed my mind from earlier and believe the Democrats are very slightly favored in both races. Though it could easily go the other way.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #2110 on: January 03, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »

One thing's for sure: a leaked call of Trump (who is worshipped in cult-like fashion by a majority of Republicans in GA) threatening GA Republican officials seen as the swamp and saying his supporters aren't going to vote Tuesday is the last possible thing Republicans want going into election day. If I were involved in either of the GOP campaigns there, I'd feel terrified and awful by this being the main news story going into election day.

What they'd want to be front-and-center is some crazy-sounding policy from Democrats that would motivate Republicans to get out and vote. They're probably not getting that.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #2111 on: January 03, 2021, 06:35:09 PM »

Basically, the crux of this election pivots on the answer to the question of why Democrats are outperforming the early vote compared to November. Are they outperforming because Republican voters are planning a disproportionate election day surge, or are they outperforming because a bunch of Republican voters aren't planning to show up at all?

Nobody seems to know the answer to this question.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2112 on: January 03, 2021, 06:40:47 PM »

Another interesting thought I saw on twitter today:

A dem win in GA on tuesday will actually increase the chances the repubs take the house in 2022, because a 51-50 senate increases chances of dems passing a law that could end up being unpopular in certain purple areas.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2113 on: January 03, 2021, 06:41:23 PM »

I agree - there's a level of exhaustion setting in.  I wish the runoff period was shorter.

If there’s runoffs for the GE, they should change them to instant imo.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2114 on: January 03, 2021, 06:54:59 PM »

Another interesting thought I saw on twitter today:

A dem win in GA on tuesday will actually increase the chances the repubs take the house in 2022, because a 51-50 senate increases chances of dems passing a law that could end up being unpopular in certain purple areas.

I think in general, it just increases the range of outcomes for 2022; it gives Democrats the chance to be extremely unpopular but also extremely popular.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2115 on: January 03, 2021, 06:58:57 PM »

Seems like a lot isn't going well for the GOP right now, and they may very well still win these races, but if they lose both and therefore the Senate, they likely would've been very avoidable losses.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #2116 on: January 03, 2021, 07:22:47 PM »

On another note, are you doing polling work in Georgia?  If so, any hints you can drop for us? Smiley

We are doing tracking until election day, and this has been among the most stable races I've ever polled.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2117 on: January 03, 2021, 07:26:22 PM »

Seems like a lot isn't going well for the GOP right now, and they may very well still win these races, but if they lose both and therefore the Senate, they likely would've been very avoidable losses.

I would love to think such a loss would humble them into backing down from challenging American democracy at its very core, but we all know it won't.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2118 on: January 03, 2021, 07:27:30 PM »

I'm sorry, but does Loeffler's campaign outfits irritate anyone else?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2119 on: January 03, 2021, 07:31:26 PM »

Let's review what a 51-50 senate can do, realistically

1) tax increases for the rich through reconciliation, and other budget stuff through reconciliation

2) judges and cabinet confirmations

3) infrastructure

4) criminal justice, MAYBE

What isn't happening

1) public option

2) filibuster repeal

3) gun control

4) green new deal, or any big enviro bill

5) immigration

6) 15 dollar minimum wage

Basically, whatever dems couldn't pass between 2010 and 2014 will not be done in 2021 and 2022 either.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2120 on: January 03, 2021, 07:31:46 PM »

Republicans are playing the expectations game. Nothing new.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2121 on: January 03, 2021, 07:34:22 PM »

Republicans are playing the expectations game. Nothing new.

that might make sense if we didn't have EV data.

you can't lie about EV data that is publically available.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2122 on: January 03, 2021, 07:44:34 PM »

If Ossoff and Warnock both won, who would be the senior senator?
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2123 on: January 03, 2021, 07:45:46 PM »

If Ossoff and Warnock both won, who would be the senior senator?

Coin flip?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2124 on: January 03, 2021, 07:47:41 PM »

On another note, are you doing polling work in Georgia?  If so, any hints you can drop for us? Smiley

We are doing tracking until election day, and this has been among the most stable races I've ever polled.

So, still the very close race in which nobody has an advantage that your final extensive runoff poll showed?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies