Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:07:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267477 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2025 on: January 02, 2021, 06:29:34 PM »

Whatever happened to the AJC/UGA poll that was rumored to be in the field?

Maybe Monday? Seems odd though that they stayed out completely if there's no poll.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2026 on: January 02, 2021, 06:47:27 PM »

brad raffensberger honestly is best off running for reelection as an indy and getting dems to stand down, he could deffo win that way
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2027 on: January 02, 2021, 07:12:26 PM »

brad raffensberger honestly is best off running for reelection as an indy and getting dems to stand down, he could deffo win that way
Um, no. LOL. He's trash like the rest of the GOP. Threatening to charge people with a felony for line warming and charge voters if they take food from orgs doing line warming. Not to mention he's come out in support of eliminating no-excuse absentee.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2028 on: January 02, 2021, 07:45:53 PM »

I swear, Republican politicians will do anything - now matter how seriously disgusting - to win. Sometimes, I'm deeply embarrassed to be an American.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2029 on: January 02, 2021, 07:53:26 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2030 on: January 02, 2021, 07:53:55 PM »

Have fun. Smiley
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2031 on: January 02, 2021, 08:08:51 PM »

The person who took the Perdue picture is black, and is demanding Judd legum take down the tweet or legal action will be taken. Judd legum completely made up the story

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2032 on: January 02, 2021, 08:22:01 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2021, 08:34:37 PM by pppolitics »

The person who took the Perdue picture is black, and is demanding Judd legum take down the tweet or legal action will be taken. Judd legum completely made up the story

LAMO

What is the guy going to do?

...file a lawsuit against someone for reposting a picture?
SCNCmod

« Reply #2033 on: January 02, 2021, 08:38:11 PM »

Will Perdue's quarantine all the way until election day, coupled with not showing up for debate- make him come across as someone constantly "hiding out" or avoiding answering questions (in the case of the quarantine... maybe questions about his view of Josh Hawley's stunt, or specific questions on his stimulus stance, etc)?

Maybe he really is just being responsible- but it just seems like he's probably been exposed to someone with covid before without deciding to quarantine... and if he thought it would help him win, to not quarantine- I imagine he would choose not to (or only for a day or two).  So I'm wondering if this is a miscalculation on his part, in thinking this will help him in some way? (It just seems like the "running out the clock" strategy never plays well in close elections).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2034 on: January 02, 2021, 08:44:15 PM »

Pretty sure that's not a normal way to throw up the number 3.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2035 on: January 02, 2021, 08:44:56 PM »

Will Perdue's quarantine all the way until election day, coupled with not showing up for debate- make him come across as someone constantly "hiding out" or avoiding answering questions (in the case of the quarantine... maybe questions about his view of Josh Hawley's stunt, or specific questions on his stimulus stance, etc)?

Maybe he really is just being responsible- but it just seems like he's probably been exposed to someone with covid before without deciding to quarantine... and if he thought it would help him win, to not quarantine- I imagine he would choose not to (or only for a day or two).  So I'm wondering if this is a miscalculation on his part, in thinking this will help him in some way? (It just seems like the "running out the clock" strategy never plays well in close elections).

That's what I brought up a page or two ago... this doesn't seem new, it feels like he's been pretty invisible from the campaign for a while now
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2036 on: January 02, 2021, 08:49:57 PM »

The posting of the picture likely falls under fair use so taking legal action would be hard. Second, that's a really weird way of signifying 300 and sounds like an explanation created after the fact. Lastly, some Native Americans identify as white and plenty of black conservatives overlook or subscribe to racism, so the race of those in the picture or of who took it is irrelevant.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2037 on: January 02, 2021, 08:58:31 PM »

That was my immediate thought too.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2038 on: January 02, 2021, 09:09:19 PM »

Wow, what a soothing bipartisan consensus builder and outsider hero of the suburbs, the king of cobb
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2039 on: January 02, 2021, 09:10:44 PM »

Another ad by doomed Perdue whom isn't going to win, Perdue is now losing by more than Loeffler
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #2040 on: January 02, 2021, 09:46:26 PM »

If Perdue loses, it will ostensibly be due to flip-flopping on checks to upset the fiscal conservatives in the ATL suburbs coupled with not appearing for the debates and quarantining.
Buzz

« Reply #2041 on: January 02, 2021, 09:59:32 PM »

it’s the young hip way to do it now a day.  It’s what the kids are doing ya boomer!
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2042 on: January 02, 2021, 10:01:49 PM »

lmao at calling that a white power hand symbol. That's the "got your neck" hand symbol, or just a way to show the number 3. Was there really nothing real to attack him for?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2043 on: January 02, 2021, 10:06:12 PM »

It really is tiresome how some people try to play everyone for a fool.
Buzz

« Reply #2044 on: January 02, 2021, 10:07:27 PM »

Muh white power

Atlas gets dumber by the day
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2045 on: January 02, 2021, 10:41:31 PM »

The sad evil genius of the alt-right adopting 👌 as a slang for white power is that it has both the worlds easiest cover story and it is also easy for people to get falsely accused and thus discredit the whole concept
Motorcity

« Reply #2046 on: January 02, 2021, 11:29:23 PM »

Yep.

What’s killing us is the lack of credible polling

I just don’t take Emerson, surveyusa, trafalgar, etc seriously

Gravis is ok I guess, but even they have pooped the bed at times in recent cycles

Where are fox, cnn, abc/WAPO, Monmouth, Sienna, etc?

Ah yes, the brilliant posters who respectively had Biden up by 16 nationally, up 17 in Wisconsin, Van Drew trailing by 5, and double digits undecided a couple days before the election.
No one had Biden up by 16 nationally. And had that one poll that had Biden up 17 was an outlier. The very pollster said so.

For the most part, the polls were spot on. They correctly predicted 48 states. The margins were off, but that’s called the margin of error.

The truth is, you can’t be 100% accurate when it comes to polls.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2047 on: January 02, 2021, 11:31:32 PM »

Yep.

Gravis is ok I guess, but even they have pooped the bed at times in recent cycles

Ah yes, the brilliant posters who respectively had Biden up by 16 nationally, up 17 in Wisconsin, Van Drew trailing by 5, and double digits undecided a couple days before the election.
No one had Biden up by 16 nationally. And had that one poll that had Biden up 17 was an outlier. The very pollster said so.

For the most part, the polls were spot on. They correctly predicted 48 states. The margins were off, but that’s called the margin of error.

oh come on.

The polls were terrible. Every fair minded person admits that.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2048 on: January 03, 2021, 12:13:19 AM »

Yep.

oh come on.

Yeah polls were pretty bad, especially in swing states. Ironically, the places where polling held up the best were safe blue states + GA. The polling map was eerily similar to the Trump 2016 vs Biden 2020 map, which makes me think polls do a better job at picking up D turnout than R turnout
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2049 on: January 03, 2021, 12:49:03 AM »

Yep.

oh come on.

Yeah polls were pretty bad, especially in swing states. Ironically, the places where polling held up the best were safe blue states + GA. The polling map was eerily similar to the Trump 2016 vs Biden 2020 map, which makes me think polls do a better job at picking up D turnout than R turnout

I just don't like the argument at all that we shouldn't compare results with polling margins, only results with polling OUTCOMES.

Under such logic, a poll showing trump +30 in Ohio is a good poll because it predicted his win.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies