Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:41:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 257781 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« on: November 07, 2020, 12:52:40 PM »

I've already got three voters registered for the Senate runoffs! (Granted, they all turn 18 between now and then, so it's sort of cheating Tongue) But I hope to get an appreciable number of new Dem voters minted between now and then.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 04:18:23 PM »

Gotta identify 2,000,000 or more registered voters likely to vote for Ossoff/Warnock and make sure they get to the polls.

And for the love of god never let Qelly Loeffler live down her Q connections. She made her bed and must now lie in it.

anti -Qanon does not seem like a good thing to run on, Joe Rae Perkins is actually running ahead of Trump in metro Portland Tongue.This would just let Loeffler pivot to other stuff. Just attack her for the early stuff about the coronavirus stock stuff.

I doubt it's good for her, seems more likely that it's some stupid #chexnbalances move from Never Trumpers who don't know who she is. I think it might be a wash though.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 10:12:24 PM »

Something interesting I've noticed: are we certain that the Libertarian vote is going to break for Perdue? Per NYT, Perdue's running 0.5% ahead of Trump, but Ossoff's running like 1.6% behind Biden. Shane Hazel is getting 2.3% of the Senate vote while Jorgensen's getting 1.24% of the presidential vote. This leads me to believe that about a third of Ossoff's underperformance (half a point) is Biden/Perdue voters and about two thirds (a point) is Biden/Hazel voters. This is obviously pretty counterintuitive, and I struggle to imagine that many Libertarians biting the bullet and voting for Biden and that few of them voting for Trump, but these data seem to suggest that this is the case.

Anyways, that seems to suggest to me that at least some of those Libertarians might be persuadable, at least to vote for Warnock, if not Ossoff as well. I don't know, though, I haven't been doing this nearly as long as some of y'all.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 01:48:44 PM »

Do people have any actual evidence for Libertarians breaking for Perdue and Loeffler or is that just a hunch? Results from GA-PRES seem to indicate most of them broke for Biden.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 03:27:03 PM »

Imagine opposing universal healthcare in the middle of a pandemic.

Anyway, nothing we didn't already know, but anyone blaming the Left if he loses is totally disingenuous.

Universal. Healthcare. And. Medicare. For. All. Are. Not. The. Same. Thing.

If you oppose M4A you oppose at least an avenue to achieve universal healthcare, yes?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 01:22:34 PM »

Nothingburger, most likely. Jewish groups are already coming out for Warnock and his statement wasn't even that bad. Palestinian lives do matter. Saying that is not anti-Semitic in the slightest.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 03:38:22 PM »

Nikki Haley is RIGHT! I can't fadom a Budget Chairman named Sanders in the Senate. This should be a big Motivation for Republicans in Georgia.

We need to hold our Senate Majority for a couple more Cycles until hyperbolic Bernie retires. I am scared having him as Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee. This would be a total Disaster!

- person whose life is not going to be affected by the military's funding in any way
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 05:26:15 PM »

I’m sorry to ask a question that’s probably been addressed multiple times already, but I only found this out today....

Why are the runoffs AFTER the new Congress is seated? Who came up with that?

This is a Jim Crow era rule to prevent candidates from winning with Black support, basically. The runoffs used to be in December, but I think a lawsuit forced Georgia to move the federal runoffs to January.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 12:10:29 PM »

If Warnock is seen as antiwhite, he could lose to Loeffler.

Loeffler and the GOP will use the white patriotism card

Both races are tossup

The Georgia GOP has been race baiting nonstop for as long as I've been alive. In fact, in 2022, someone called my (very white) parents and told them to vote for Stacey Abrams to be Georgia's first B L A C K governor. Seriously, it was like she choked on the word, and sure enough at the end of the call it went "paid for by the Republican Party of Georgia." Anyways, I think those strategies are nearing their expiration date, since the hick vote is already maxed out and I doubt people in the metro would be swayed in great numbers by a message they've been absolutely inundated with.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 12:43:18 PM »

Stop or I'm going to start liking Warnock instead of just hating Loeffler
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 12:58:12 PM »

The difference between AOC and MTG is that conservatives hate AOC for her policies and agenda. MJT agenda is not QANON but rather just conservative policies.

Trust me, friend, I hate her policies even more than I hate her bizarro cult.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2020, 02:35:21 PM »

Karl Rove has seen enough of the liberal crapshow in our Country and has been appointed to serve as Finance Chair to the Georgia Battleground Fund, a joint Fundraising Committee between the GA Battleground Fund & the NRSC

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/16/karl-rove-fundraising-georgia-runoffs-436783

Ossoff & Warnock will be heavily outspend. Dan Quale, Haley, Barbour, etc among others are involved.

You liberals did a lot to make even Establishment Republicans very, very angry.

Quaking in my boots rn, not Karl Rove. Might as well concede right now tbh, especially since Dan Quayle is involved.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 05:08:02 PM »

OK this ad actually makes Ossoff and Warnock look way cooler imo

Also if you look up the video of that dude who got bopped it turns out he was a massive POS who was picking fights and pushing smaller people and women around so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 11:34:48 AM »

Brian Kemp is almost certainly going to be a casualty of this fiasco with the Georgia GOP even if he wins because of a midterm environment. Trump keeps slamming him and I find it hard to believe he doesn't run hard to the right in the primary and/or the general to convince the base that he's their guy. Sort of a Loeffler dilemma.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2020, 08:52:08 PM »

Dozens of Georgia Veterans are calling for Warnock to drop out after decade old comments stating that "no one can serve God and the military surface.

Dozens of veterans from Georgia are calling on Democratic Senate candidate Rev. Raphael Warnock to drop out of the state’s run-off race in January after his nearly a decade-old comment saying “nobody can serve God and the military” resurfaced.

Fox News obtained a list of more than four dozen Georgia veterans who are calling on Warnock to suspend his campaign.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flashback-raphael-warnock-america-nobody-can-serve-god-military

The relevant quote:

“America, nobody can serve God and the military,” Warnock said at the time. “You can’t serve God and money. You cannot serve God and mammon at the same time. America, choose ye this day who you will serve. Choose ye this day.”

“Politicians try to keep their power. Political parties lie in order to keep their power. And church folk, yeah, you too, maneuver…in order to keep your power And Jesus says, that’s not power. That’s paranoia.”

“Because when you’ve got real power, you’re not worrying about your place in the world. You know how to be exalted and you know how to be abased. You know how to sit high and you know how to sit low and you’re not worried about your place in the world because you’re connected with something that’s greater than you and you’re concerned about something that’s greater than yourself.”

“When you have real power, Jesus says that you’ll lay it down so that somebody else can have some power. Real power will lay itself down on behalf of the powerless,” Warnock added.

Wow, 50 veterans? Unbelievable, worthy of headline news.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2020, 04:53:40 PM »

Pweeeeassseee

We would be so owned
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 09:19:04 PM »

The Democrats won't win these Seats - Period!

Biden has realized this already by thus far nominating "Safe Picks" to his Cabinet who can sail through the Senate without too much Republican Opposition. That tells me that he doesn't believe that they will win both Seats.

I still believe that if Republicans win one or both runoffs in Georgia, no nominee of his will get a hearing in the Senate.

Then Biden pulls a Trump and puts in place some hack to serve as acting secretary. I think the Republicans would lose that game so they'll let "reasonable" appointees through.

Wouldn't it be nuts if he got Pelosi to help him dissolve Congress and recess appoint his cabinet? That would be funny I think
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2020, 03:44:03 PM »

This really needs to be a bigger thing. Our senators are such crooks.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2020, 12:29:55 PM »

No, Perdue's race is Safe R because Atlanta suburbanites LOVE corruption, racist dog whistles, and a senator who votes with his party like 100% of the time. But Loeffler's race is a toss-up at best for Republicans because she's a shrill extremist who campaigned with Greene.

#sexism #analysis
No you see harry keeping calling qoeffler is gonna totally work rather than you know attacking the multi millionaire on insider trading.

FWIW I've seen more ads about insider trading than anything else. Every time I try to watch a YouTube video I'm treated to "David Perdue was EXONERATED" before I can skip and it feels like the only things on TV are ads about Loeffler's trading.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2020, 06:10:01 PM »

lol
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2020, 07:01:17 PM »

Uhhh, I feel like this could end badly for Ossoff and Warnock:

You're vastly overstating how much this would make an impact, especially in a state as polarized as Georgia. Sanders has also tweeted support for other Democratic candidates before.

I know we make all the "king of the suburbs" memes about Perdue, but he actually did run slightly ahead of Trump in these areas.

Swing voters and ticket splitters do exist in this state. And guess what? They're not exactly on board with the far left.

Mike Siegel in TX-10 had the brilliant idea of touting this endorsement:

He lost by over 7 as Biden lost the district by less than 2. Kara Eastman? Wendy Davis? Candace Valenzuela? Dana Balter? Lather, rinse and repeat. Left wing candidates are toxic, and Mitch is probably popping champagne.

I would hesitate to draw huge conclusions from that data, frankly I'm more surprised at the discrepancy between the regular and special than anything else. Ossoff and Warnock aren't exactly progressive firebrands, certainly no more than Lucy McBath, and a lot of people in North Fulton were motivated mostly by hatred of Trump, so doesn't it stand to reason that the margins are due to NeverTrumpers rather than some sort of suburban revolt against AOC or something?

Also, I've brought this up before, but there are plenty of counterexamples to the "progressives underperformed" talking point. Despite his less D friendly district and STRONG CHALLENGER everyone was bedwetting about, progressive DeFazio's performance was almost identical to electable moderate Kurt Schrader's next door, DeFazio's 51.6% to Schrader's 52%. Eastman lost in a Biden district, but Golden won in a Trump district (and he's hardly a conservadem, he's a M4A cosponsor). Most of the Cali Dems that went under weren't that progressive. Of the Miami Democrats who lost, Shalala was more moderate, but DMP did better relative to the top of the ticket. If you cherrypick examples you can form whatever narrative you want, but I think it's fairer to just say that there are about as many Democratic representatives as Biden congressional districts.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2020, 09:40:13 PM »

Thank you from Georgia!
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2020, 11:01:47 AM »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/gov-hogan-vote-loeffler-perdue-to-uphold-moderation-and-compromise-in-the-us-senate

Hogan endorses Loeffler and Perdue and loses much of my respect

Also his justification is very lame

I guess he really wants to run for President and get 8% in the New Hampshire primary
Why would Larry Hogan endorse Qelly Loeffler and David "pray for Obama's death" Perdue?

Believe he thinks he's a viable 2024 candidate.

Lol in what universe, he's going to get absolutely blown out
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »

This opinion writer 1. thinks that Qelly Loeffler is not too radical for Georgia voters, a talking point I've always found a little racist since it deligitimizes the votes of so many black residents of the third blackest state as well as overlooking Loeffler's radicalism, 2. thinks Virginia "leans blue," and 3. is a Lincoln Projectite hack who thought that Mike Pence should and could step up to handle COVID since Donald Trump wouldn't.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2020, 07:11:41 PM »

Loeffler is astoundingly uncharismatic.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies