CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:07:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 89
Author Topic: CONGRESSIONAL RESULTS MEGA THREAD  (Read 69663 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: November 18, 2020, 01:23:12 PM »

Sorry that I have to say this: The Nassau County (New York State) Elections Supervisor should be FIRED immediatedly. The Reason why the Associated Press is unable to call NY-1 (Zeldin) and NY-2 (Andrew Garbarino vs Jackie Gordon) is because Nassau won't start counting Absentees until tomorrow.

There could be Voter Fraud in Nassau all over the place if you wait to count Absentees almost 2 1/2 Weeks after the Election.
Most election supervisors nationwide should be fired. Wtf is the reason that Los Angeles is only counting votes for 2 days a week, and for only 6 damn hours?
Yup, it's very bad optics. LA County I can understand a bit because it's quite large. I do not understand Nassau at all TBH.

Wasserman thinks Garbarino will hang on but IMO it's crap starting counting 2 weeks after the Election.
It's understandable they take a while to count, not understandable that they're only counting two days  a week, for just 12 hours a week.

New York elections have always been terrible in terms of administration, but nobody cares because it isn't competitive or decisive in the Presidential elections anymore.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #1351 on: November 18, 2020, 01:24:06 PM »

That's a whole 6% gain in her margin! (I have no idea if that's right, don't flame me)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1352 on: November 18, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »

Sorry that I have to say this: The Nassau County (New York State) Elections Supervisor should be FIRED immediatedly. The Reason why the Associated Press is unable to call NY-1 (Zeldin) and NY-2 (Andrew Garbarino vs Jackie Gordon) is because Nassau won't start counting Absentees until tomorrow.

There could be Voter Fraud in Nassau all over the place if you wait to count Absentees almost 2 1/2 Weeks after the Election.
Most election supervisors nationwide should be fired. Wtf is the reason that Los Angeles is only counting votes for 2 days a week, and for only 6 damn hours?
Yup, it's very bad optics. LA County I can understand a bit because it's quite large. I do not understand Nassau at all TBH.

Wasserman thinks Garbarino will hang on but IMO it's crap starting counting 2 weeks after the Election.
It's understandable they take a while to count, not understandable that they're only counting two days  a week, for just 12 hours a week.

New York elections have always been terrible in terms of administration, but nobody cares because it isn't competitive or decisive in the Presidential elections anymore.

This is a good example of why one-party rule is bad. There’s never any incentive to improve.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #1353 on: November 18, 2020, 01:26:05 PM »

This is a good example of why one-party rule is bad. There’s never any incentive to improve.
It also makes states with one sided congressional delegations worthless, why should a Republican really appeal to Cali and New York?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1354 on: November 18, 2020, 01:35:03 PM »

It also makes states with one sided congressional delegations worthless, why should a Republican really appeal to Cali and New York?

Expand Congress to the nearest odd number ending in five to the cube root of the United States Population (675 for 2011). It gets very had with small, more granular districts to wipe a delegation out.

Require independent commissions with strict guidelines for composition and redrawing.

Every CA Republican should endorse these positions. Even if the commission doesn't cheat its own mandate, the loss of a seat and the large size of the districts will cause Republicans to have fewer seats relative to what they should (18 seats is 33% of delegation) because their baseline statewide is so low at 32% (look at MA), that's how you end up with 8 or 10, or in some expectations 4 seats. Small districts makes it harder to drown out communities that are a minority in state level politics.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1355 on: November 18, 2020, 01:36:19 PM »

Maybe moving to an election where we decide elections by congressional district while banning gerrymandering would help make things better.

Gerrymandering alone isn't the problem, the size of the House is a major factor in allowing states to be lopsided in their delegations relative to their popular vote share.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #1356 on: November 18, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »

Expand Congress to the nearest odd number ending in five to the cube root of the United States Population (675 for 2011). It gets very had with small, more granular districts to wipe a delegation out.

Require independent commissions with strict guidelines for composition and redrawing.

Every CA Republican should endorse these positions. Even if the commission doesn't cheat its own mandate, the loss of a seat and the large size of the districts will cause Republicans to have fewer seats relative to what they should (18 seats is 33% of delegation) because their baseline statewide is so low at 32% (look at MA), that's how you end up with 8 or 10, or in some expectations 4 seats. Small districts makes it harder to drown out communities that are a minority in state level politics.
You put far too much faith in the CAGOP for that to happen.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1357 on: November 18, 2020, 01:43:40 PM »

You put far too much faith in the CAGOP for that to happen.

I live in North Carolina, our GOP's motto is straight from Clint Eastwood. "No God's not on our side because he hates idiots also".
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1358 on: November 18, 2020, 02:53:42 PM »

Finally the AP has called the LA-5 Runoff Election between two Republicans, Letlow and Harris

NYT did as well and therefore the GOP House Tally is now at 205 on the Times Website.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1359 on: November 18, 2020, 04:40:31 PM »

Just going to put it bluntly, if everyone keeps quoting posts that are pretty blatantly inappropriate and carry on a conversation that even evolves past that with those quotes embedded, most of the time I'm just going to delete every single post involving the quote. I don't have the time to edit out the problem content from dozens of posts (I'm on break at work right now, for instance). In Bagel's case, that means like a dozen posts are gone.

Please don't quote posts that are likely against the rules.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1360 on: November 18, 2020, 05:01:30 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1361 on: November 18, 2020, 05:04:44 PM »

That's beautiful
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1362 on: November 18, 2020, 05:06:00 PM »

N U T

Look at all those #Populist Purple heart  Trump-Warner voters in VA-09

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #1363 on: November 18, 2020, 05:08:56 PM »

I was looking at some Virginia county results and somehow a county that almost always votes Republican 65-35, randomly went for Warner in 2001.
Amherst county’s coming home, I tell ya
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1364 on: November 18, 2020, 05:09:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BchLv9B_Gj8

1996 VA-Sen map is back, baby!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1365 on: November 18, 2020, 05:10:00 PM »

L M A O
Poor guy, leave him be, bloody hell.

he deserves that and worse Smiley
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1366 on: November 18, 2020, 05:45:31 PM »

Jackie Gordon has conceded in NY-02.

https://twitter.com/kirk_bado/status/1329175475898511365
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1367 on: November 18, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1368 on: November 18, 2020, 05:52:53 PM »

The virus is spreading like wildfire through the halls of Congress. At this point, it would be a miracle if Pelosi, McConnell, and the other party leaders didn't get it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1369 on: November 18, 2020, 06:01:48 PM »

The virus is spreading like wildfire through the halls of Congress. At this point, it would be a miracle if Pelosi, McConnell, and the other party leaders didn't get it.

I'm not sure I would call McConnell not getting covid a miracle if you catch my drift
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #1370 on: November 18, 2020, 06:01:52 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #1371 on: November 18, 2020, 06:02:10 PM »

So, Gordon conceded despite not a single Absentee Vote being counted in NY-2? That's a bit odd since NY-2 lies in Nassau County which starts its Absentee Vote Count tomorrow. I am guessing she saw that she was too far behind.

Don't expect a Race Call from the AP, NYT or the Networks soon though as they are behaving terribly this Election Cycle.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1372 on: November 18, 2020, 06:02:35 PM »

Obviously, this isn't anywhere near what Cox needs, correct?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1373 on: November 18, 2020, 06:04:29 PM »

So, Gordon conceded despite not a single Absentee Vote being counted in NY-2? That's a bit odd since NY-2 lies in Nassau County which starts its Absentee Vote Count tomorrow. I am guessing she saw that she was too far behind.

Don't expect a Race Call from the AP, NYT or the Networks soon though as they are behaving terribly this Election Cycle.

I thought Nassau counted most absentees and it was Suffolk that was dragging it out.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1374 on: November 18, 2020, 06:06:08 PM »

I'm not sure I would call McConnell not getting covid a miracle if you catch my drift

I wouldn't wish illness on McConnell, even though I absolutely despise him.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 89  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies