2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:17:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 630526 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9400 on: November 05, 2020, 07:54:51 AM »

Now, nobody should be celebrating PA yet; I'm still mixed about the state rn.  But "400K outstanding ballots, mainly in SEPA" is not what you want to hear if you're Team Trump.  

Forgetting Philly itself, Chester County (with its seven point swing from 2016) is a pretty standard poster-child for how hard these largely white suburbs have gone against the GOP.  
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #9401 on: November 05, 2020, 07:55:02 AM »

Just ran some numbers on Arizona, based on what's available.
Given what happened with the latest batch of votes reported from Maricopa, which went 59,5% for Trump (a 12,1% swing with respect to the Maricopa previous results), I tried to look what would happen if the same difference with respect to the prior vote occurred everywhere.
Answer: Trump would win by 15K votes.

This is a pretty "strict" hypothesis, nonetheless...it's really tight.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #9402 on: November 05, 2020, 07:55:46 AM »

So uh...when exactly will we be off to the races this morning? PA said yesterday evening they'd be counting through the night but it doesn't look like they've actually done so?

Per Bob Casey, the Philly numbers will be dropping at noon.

And if those Philly numbers don't put Biden over the top, is there any hope left?

Yes.

GA, NV, AZ.

Biden does not actually need Pennsylvania.

It's only if you want to get to 306.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9403 on: November 05, 2020, 07:56:12 AM »

What's going on in IL, NJ, NY, etc? It feels like they haven't updated since like Tuesday night lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9404 on: November 05, 2020, 07:56:50 AM »

So uh...when exactly will we be off to the races this morning? PA said yesterday evening they'd be counting through the night but it doesn't look like they've actually done so?

And if those Philly numbers don't put Biden over the top, is there any hope left?

Well, he's winning Mail ins by like 78% so yes. There is a large chunk of mail ins still to come from Bucks, Delaware, Lehigh, Erie, etc and at least 35K out in Allegheny.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #9405 on: November 05, 2020, 07:57:05 AM »

What is NC doing meanwhile? No change in 14 hours or so.

Not that I think Biden (and especially Cunningham) still have a good shot at winning, they're strong underdogs, but I don't want my hopes to remain kept up as long as it hasn't been called for Trump/Tillis.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9406 on: November 05, 2020, 07:57:58 AM »

I was going to say, if those 400k votes are from SE Pennsylvania, with probably at least 120k from Philadelphia itself, then Biden should easily take close to 80% of those.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9407 on: November 05, 2020, 07:58:20 AM »

Given what happened with the latest batch of votes reported from Maricopa, which went 59,5% for Trump (a 12,1% swing with respect to the Maricopa previous results), I tried to look what would happen if the same difference with respect to the prior vote occurred everywhere.

the first batch went 59% Trump but wasn't the second 57%? And again, it appears those batches were expected to be more pro-Trump than the remaining batches.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9408 on: November 05, 2020, 07:59:09 AM »

What is NC doing meanwhile? No change in 14 hours or so.

Not that I think Biden (and especially Cunningham) still have a good shot at winning, they're strong underdogs, but I don't want my hopes to remain kept up as long as it hasn't been called for Trump/Tillis.

Yeah, there's allegedly ~120K out in NC but it appears none of it has been counted yet. And who knows if that even accounts for any ballots coming in late.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #9409 on: November 05, 2020, 07:59:17 AM »

Wait, is that the Philly numbers dropping at noon or all/most of the remaining ballots?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9410 on: November 05, 2020, 08:00:01 AM »

Word on the street (or Twitter) is that Trump's numbers aren't encouraging in Arizona and if future batches of votes are less favorable then it won't look good for him. But there is still a chance he eeks out a win if everything goes right for him.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9411 on: November 05, 2020, 08:00:16 AM »

Wait, is that the Philly numbers dropping at noon or all/most of the remaining ballots?

The impression I got from PA is that we're getting definitive state-wide #s at Noon.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #9412 on: November 05, 2020, 08:01:01 AM »

Word on the street (or Twitter) is that Trump's numbers aren't encouraging in Arizona and if future batches of votes are less favorable then it won't look good for him. But there is still a chance he eeks out a win if everything goes right for him.

(I'm gonna be annoying from now until the end of the election and ask people to source what they're hearing.  Nothing personal! And I'm not doubting you! It just helps to have some verification).  

Who's saying this on Twitter, DC?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9413 on: November 05, 2020, 08:02:03 AM »

And if we lose Arizona and PA....then we most likely lose.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9414 on: November 05, 2020, 08:02:44 AM »

NATHANIEL RAKICH
NOV. 5, 7:18 AM

Good morning, early birds! Overnight, both Georgia and Arizona tightened some but are still led by Trump and Biden, respectively. While we aren’t expecting to get our next update from Maricopa County in Arizona until 9 p.m. tonight, Georgia is expected to finish counting its remaining 25,000 ballots today. Elsewhere, Nevada will announce more results starting at noon Eastern, and we continue to get results at a steady pace in Pennsylvania — which may be Biden’s best chance to end this race.

Panda Express

« Reply #9415 on: November 05, 2020, 08:04:04 AM »

Nevada will be finishing at noon ET as well. Hopefully we can we finally get a call for the Election at that time
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #9416 on: November 05, 2020, 08:04:20 AM »

the first batch went 59% Trump but wasn't the second 57%? And again, it appears those batches were expected to be more pro-Trump than the remaining batches.

I don't know, really. Was there any announcement about a specific kind of early vote being reported?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9417 on: November 05, 2020, 08:04:37 AM »

(I'm gonna be annoying from now until the end of the election and ask people to source what they're hearing.  Nothing personal! And I'm not doubting you! It just helps to have some verification).  

Who's saying this on Twitter, DC?

That's totally fair. I'm referring to a data analyst that was on the ground in Maricopa County and Harry Enten also said it on MSNBC, I think. Sadly I didn't save any links since I've been pretty obsessively bouncing from page to page trying to get information.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9418 on: November 05, 2020, 08:05:40 AM »

Confirming that the Georgia issue is “counted vs reported” hope that clears stuff up
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #9419 on: November 05, 2020, 08:08:03 AM »

pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #9420 on: November 05, 2020, 08:14:30 AM »

Unless Pittsburgh and Philadelphia just flat out didn't vote, I'm not sure there's any way Trump CAN win PA. Trump won by 0.7% in 2016, but it looks like everything has shifted left in excess of 0.7% - with the exception of some small rural counties where no movement occurred. If the average trend in PA is several points towards Democrats (as it currently looks), this is over.

*This assumes that Democratic areas are not overwhelmed in turnout by Republican areas.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #9421 on: November 05, 2020, 08:14:44 AM »

The guy bringing in the votes from Mohave got cornered by a pack of coyotes.  
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9422 on: November 05, 2020, 08:15:50 AM »

Nevada will be finishing at noon ET as well. Hopefully we can we finally get a call for the Election at that time

Did they say they'd be done with all the ballots they currently have? I thought it was just ~one~ update.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9423 on: November 05, 2020, 08:16:28 AM »

You get what you pay for
andrewa
Rookie

« Reply #9424 on: November 05, 2020, 08:16:50 AM »

Anyway, why the remaining batches from Maricopa must follow the trend of the 59,5% one, and not the Maricopa major trend 51-47 ?
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies