2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:56:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 673 674 675 [676] 677 678 679 680 681 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 642380 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16875 on: November 09, 2020, 07:57:05 PM »

The Trump campaign is getting destroyed in court.
gf20202
« Reply #16876 on: November 09, 2020, 07:59:14 PM »

Yikes, looks like the Biden lead is coming down further. Pima, where art thou?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16877 on: November 09, 2020, 08:00:29 PM »

Given how many states Trump's challenging, it's time to ask what I asked months ago and never got an answer to--while the courts are clearly not giving Trump victories he wants, what happens if he continues to keep the states tied up in the appeals process, and thus prevents MI/AZ/PA/GA (states that have R legislatures) from certifying their results before the December 8 deadline?

I can't speak for the other states, but in Georgia the legislature is not involved in the process:

(b) The Secretary of State shall also, upon receiving the certified returns for presidential electors, proceed to tabulate, compute, and canvass the votes cast for each slate of presidential electors and shall immediately lay them before the Governor. Not later than 5:00 P.M. on the seventeenth day following the date on which such election was conducted, the Secretary of State shall certify the votes cast for all candidates described in subparagraph (a)(4)(A) of Code Section 21-2-497 and upon all questions voted for by the electors of more than one county and shall no later than that same time lay the returns for presidential electors before the Governor. The Governor shall enumerate and ascertain the number of votes for each person so voted and shall certify the slates of presidential electors receiving the highest number of votes. The Governor shall certify the slates of presidential electors no later than 5:00 P.M. on the eighteenth day following the date on which such election was conducted. Notwithstanding the deadlines specified in this Code section, such times may be altered for just cause by an order of a judge of superior court of this state.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2019/title-21/chapter-2/article-12/section-21-2-499/

So based on the wording Kemp at least can't just unilaterally say screw it and refuse to certify it or appoint his own electors?

That's my interpretation.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16878 on: November 09, 2020, 08:00:48 PM »

The Trump campaign is getting destroyed in court.
They withdrew the suit after it was discovered the "illegal votes" they alleged were actually military absentee votes.

But of course, all these suits are just a fundraising tool to convince his base to burn their money.
n1240

« Reply #16879 on: November 09, 2020, 08:04:22 PM »

In the mirror universe known as PredictIt, Trump's price in PA has surged to 25 cents because RCP changed the state to uncalled for no logical reason.
Buzz

« Reply #16880 on: November 09, 2020, 08:05:18 PM »

In the mirror universe known as PredictIt, Trump's price in PA has surged to 25 cents because RCP changed the state to uncalled for no logical reason.
I wish I had money to burn like some of these people.  Wtf
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #16881 on: November 09, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »

Seriously tho what is going on at predictit? Is there something I missed?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #16882 on: November 09, 2020, 08:07:48 PM »

Seriously tho what is going on there? Is there something I missed?
Nah they're just idiots
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #16883 on: November 09, 2020, 08:09:19 PM »

RCP never called PA for Biden. I even posted that on Saturday:

Just saw that Real Clear Politics hasn't call the election for Biden yet...
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #16884 on: November 09, 2020, 08:18:34 PM »

Yikes, looks like the Biden lead is coming down further. Pima, where art thou?

It's certainly possible that the next batch could go strongly to Trump. People are looking at a municipal map of Arizona and seeing what areas are below their 2016 turnout levels. I'm not sure I agree with the premise, but you never know.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #16885 on: November 09, 2020, 08:18:41 PM »

I get why an ego maniac like trump will never accept the fact that he lost this election
but I have need no idea why so many in the GOP are still going along with him at this point beacause
the reality is by the end of all of this Biden will sworn in as the 46th president of the united states come January

There is simply no evidence of voter fraud that is large enough to reverse the results of this election and all the investigations from Bill Barr in the world is not going to change that fact
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #16886 on: November 09, 2020, 08:19:26 PM »

I get why an ego maniac like trump will never accept the fact that he lost this election

but I have need no idea why so many in the GOP are still going along with him at this point
the reality is by the end of all of this Biden will sworn in as the 46th president of the united states come January

There is simply no evidence of voter fraud that is large enough to reverse the results of this election and all the investigations from Bill Barr in the world is not going to change that fact

They know there is no voter fraud. This is to keep the base happy and turnout high for 2022.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #16887 on: November 09, 2020, 08:21:52 PM »

lol lit
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #16888 on: November 09, 2020, 08:23:02 PM »

but I have need no idea why so many in the GOP are still going along with him at this point

I assume that Republicans don't want to lose all these new voters Trump has attracted to the GOP base. Capitol Hill GOP probably acknowledges that Trump lost, but they need to put up a show just to show to these voters they are fighting for the "truth", as is Trump, and hope they can secure their votes for the future.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #16889 on: November 09, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »

Why did Trump go up to 18 cents on PredictIt?
n1240

« Reply #16890 on: November 09, 2020, 08:25:32 PM »

Yeah I just figured that out, the market was pumped with the false report that it was called then retracted regardless.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #16891 on: November 09, 2020, 08:26:20 PM »

Yeah I just figured that out, the market was pumped with the false report that it was called then retracted regardless.

The same thing happened when someone on twitter cited ABC withdrawing their Arizona call. Except ABC never called Arizona, yet Predictit ate it up.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #16892 on: November 09, 2020, 08:30:12 PM »

Your going to want to look away because its going to get closer.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #16893 on: November 09, 2020, 08:31:53 PM »

Why did Trump go up to 18 cents on PredictIt?
They’re idiots
roxas11
United States

« Reply #16894 on: November 09, 2020, 08:44:33 PM »

There is no reason whatsoever to worry about AZ
biden still wins it in the end but even if trump does win
It would not change the outcome of the election at all.

heck the only thing a Trump win in AZ would do is make Fox News look even more sillier than they currently do lol
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16895 on: November 09, 2020, 08:47:32 PM »

but I have need no idea why so many in the GOP are still going along with him at this point beacause

Being part of Trump's GOP is like being part of a violent gang.  You can't leave it.  You owe your existence to it.  And if you do try to leave they hunt you down.  They all live in fear of Trump's chubby orange fingers hovering over the "tweet" button on twitter.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16896 on: November 09, 2020, 08:58:13 PM »

BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #16897 on: November 09, 2020, 09:02:02 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16898 on: November 09, 2020, 09:03:24 PM »

I'll crunch the numbers once the website updates, but that's not nearly as good enough for Trump as he needs.  I was expecting something much worse from his earlier tweet.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16899 on: November 09, 2020, 09:04:27 PM »

Lol
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 673 674 675 [676] 677 678 679 680 681 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies