Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 89914 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: October 02, 2020, 05:11:24 PM »

Eric Trump is asking for prayers.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #651 on: October 02, 2020, 05:11:53 PM »

Keep in mind that Donald Trump is at much more risk than either Boris Johnson or Bolsonaro. Boris Johnson is 18 years younger than Trump yet still had to spend time in intensive care. Bolsonaro is only 9 years younger but is an ex-paratrooper and far more physically fit than Trump.

BoJo had bad pneumonia when he was younger, so that probably contributed to his issues.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #652 on: October 02, 2020, 05:13:35 PM »

For what?  That the RNC select him to replace his father at the top of the ticket?
compucomp

« Reply #653 on: October 02, 2020, 05:13:49 PM »

I wonder if they’re discussing the 25th. I’d bet Pence cancels the debate ASAP just to be safe.

When you're as far behind in the polls as that ticket, canceling debates isn't something you do.

They're basically out of chances to "reset" or get a favorable news cycle. Debates are the only avenues left for that to happen.
Well now that Biden is basically worshipping this genocidal maniac, he will get a sympathy bump. The debates won’t be needed.

If you're suggesting Biden should still go negative against Trump right now, you're crazy. Biden is running on decency, bipartisanship, and "restoring the soul of America" and is openly trying to get moderate Republicans to vote for him. If he continued to be negative while Trump is in Walter Reed, his message would be ruined.

Now is a perfect time for him to be positive and establish his vision, which many people here have criticized him for not doing. The case that Trump caught the coronavirus due to his own negligence makes itself to any thinking person and he can have surrogates talk about that. In any case, any time coronavirus is at the top of the news, it hurts Trump (like Hillary's emails hurt Hillary).
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #654 on: October 02, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »

I like to be smug and think that younger generations just "get" a lot of issues that older politicians are too set in their ways to understand. But I do have to give Joe Biden credit that, if this were a younger crowd running a campaign, we would not be able to resist going for the throat right now, and I think the country is all the better that we have someone with the capacity to be so magnanimous at this point poised to take over in a couple months.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #655 on: October 02, 2020, 05:15:28 PM »

I wonder if they’re discussing the 25th. I’d bet Pence cancels the debate ASAP just to be safe.

When you're as far behind in the polls as that ticket, canceling debates isn't something you do.

They're basically out of chances to "reset" or get a favorable news cycle. Debates are the only avenues left for that to happen.
Well now that Biden is basically worshipping this genocidal maniac, he will get a sympathy bump. The debates won’t be needed.

Biden is getting sympathy voters?
No, Trump is getting sympathy voters.

Biden needed to balance between subtly jabbing at Trump’s response and having civility. He instead is now completely ignoring the pure f**kery that this administration has put us through.

Who is changing their vote over this? No one. Not wanting him to die doesn't mean one will vote for him.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #656 on: October 02, 2020, 05:15:43 PM »

Biden needed to balance between subtly jabbing at Trump’s response and having civility. He instead is now completely ignoring the pure f**kery that this administration has put us through.

I agree that Biden is being way too conciliatory for my liking. He does nothing but help Trump electorally I feel by being that over the top about it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #657 on: October 02, 2020, 05:15:51 PM »

turmp swore up-and-down that he would take "the miracle drug" hydroxychloroquine.
Why is he not insisting for his doctor to put him on this medication?
Then if he is cured, he can say "it was an event the likes of which nobody’s seen before."

I went to FreeRepublic earlier to get a sense of how hard-line Republicans are reacting to the news and almost 1/4 of posts were people being in disbelief about how Trump could have gotten infected despite taking hydroxychloroquine...

OMG ! !
Tell me you are pulling-our-leg?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #658 on: October 02, 2020, 05:16:18 PM »

Unless I've missed something, he's not actually at Walter Reed yet. Marine One is waiting on the White House lawn. (Isn't Walter Reed normally a short car trip from the WH?)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #659 on: October 02, 2020, 05:16:27 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #660 on: October 02, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »

If you're suggesting Biden should still go negative against Trump right now, you're crazy. Biden is running on decency, bipartisanship, and "restoring the soul of America" and is openly trying to get moderate Republicans to vote for him. If he continued to be negative while Trump is in Walter Reed, his message would be ruined.

Now is a perfect time for him to be positive and establish his vision, which many people here have criticized him for not doing. The case that Trump caught the coronavirus due to his own negligence makes itself to any thinking person and he can have surrogates talk about that. In any case, any time coronavirus is at the top of the news, it hurts Trump (like Hillary's emails hurt Hillary).

Very well said.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #661 on: October 02, 2020, 05:17:45 PM »

I agree that Biden is being way too conciliatory for my liking. He does nothing but help Trump electorally I feel by being that over the top about it.

Yeah, theres a line between not wanting him to die (No one does) and praising and worshiping him.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #662 on: October 02, 2020, 05:18:09 PM »

Unless I've missed something, he's not actually at Walter Reed yet. Marine One is waiting on the White House lawn. (Isn't Walter Reed normally a short car trip from the WH?)

I'm not certain, but I think Trump has avoided going full motorcade more than previous presidents for some reason. If he can take a helicopter somewhere, that's usually what he does.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #663 on: October 02, 2020, 05:19:23 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #664 on: October 02, 2020, 05:19:36 PM »

Yeah, theres a line between not wanting him to die (No one does) and praising and worshiping him.
Eh....
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #665 on: October 02, 2020, 05:19:42 PM »

He deserves to live to see electoral defeat. Well, we deserve to witness it at least.

Horace Greeley had a rough month, losing his wife, a Presidential election, and then dying himself.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #666 on: October 02, 2020, 05:21:08 PM »

Is Trump going to be injected with bleach?

Seems as good a time as any to experiment.
forza nocta

« Reply #667 on: October 02, 2020, 05:21:31 PM »

Yea Biden doesn’t have to be super negative, but he shouldn’t be on his knees crying out for Trump’s safety. It looks weak and I feel like it’ll just depress his voters
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #668 on: October 02, 2020, 05:21:51 PM »

Trump at least was able to walk to Marine One unaided, which was a good sign, I guess.
Concerning that he needs to fly there though.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #669 on: October 02, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »

Yea Biden doesn’t have to be super negative, but he shouldn’t be on his knees crying out for Trump’s safety. It looks weak and I feel like it’ll just depress his voters

Hyperbole much?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #670 on: October 02, 2020, 05:22:08 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #671 on: October 02, 2020, 05:22:10 PM »

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #672 on: October 02, 2020, 05:22:24 PM »

I think the benefit of not dealing with the inherent instability and disruption of the leader of a major world power dying (regardless of that leader's performance in office) cannot be overstated.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #673 on: October 02, 2020, 05:22:53 PM »

😂😂😂
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #674 on: October 02, 2020, 05:22:55 PM »

the giveaway to the seriousness was the lack of tweets.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies