Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:39:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91414 times)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: October 02, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »

Trump hasn't tweeted since the announcement that he tested positive. I imagine he's had a  rough day, but it's always odd to see these long silent stretches from the President.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #526 on: October 02, 2020, 03:31:56 PM »

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #527 on: October 02, 2020, 03:32:58 PM »

He got a cutting edge treatment which seems like they are possibly worried about his health or know something we don't about this cocktail treatment's effectiveness and safety.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #528 on: October 02, 2020, 03:33:04 PM »

Amy Coney Barrett met with Trump yesterday. There's a decent chance that she also contracted COVID-19. Republicans might not be able to ram her in before the election. She now has to go into quarantine for 14 days no matter if she has it or not.

And Barrett met with several Republican Senators, so all of them might have contracted the virus as well, to say nothing of their colleagues on the other side of the aisle, staffers, etc. We could be seeing a wave of diagnoses among prominent political figures in upcoming days and weeks.

And adding to this, the announcement ceremony for Barrett's nomination at the White House was criticized by some in the media for the lack of masks worn by those in attendance-and that ceremony was a week ago, which would be well within the framework for one to become symptomatic from the virus. Given that it's been speculated that the Trumps and Hicks may have gotten the virus from the same event, it could have been that event. Moreover, I didn't see Barrett or the Senators she met wearing masks in their meetings-at least, not what the media showed of them.

Given what we've learned today-that Sen. Lee, the Trumps, Hope Hicks, and the President of Notre Dame were all at the announcement event, it seems likely-in fact almost certain-that this event was the source of the coronavirus outbreak, just as I suspected. Barrett herself apparently contracted coronavirus earlier this year and recovered from it, so she may have some immunity to it-thus explaining why she didn't contract it now.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #529 on: October 02, 2020, 03:33:22 PM »

Basically blocks what's called the "spike protein" -- the major point at which the virus binds to receptors.  
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #530 on: October 02, 2020, 03:34:29 PM »

TRUMP WASN'T TESTED BEFORE THE DEBATE!!!

Why would Biden's team ever agree to any sort of "honor system" with the Trump campaign?

To use a certain Georgia senator's favorite analogy, that's like agreeing to an honor system with Attila the Hun.

Attila the Hun kept his end of the peace treaty with the Romans. When the Romans broke THEIR end (not returning all Hun refugees fleeing Attila back to Attila as Rome had promised), he was pretty ruthless in exacting retribution, though. And, to be fair, he was basically just WAITING for the Romans to break that very difficult to enforce part of the agreement as a justification to attack.

Late antiquity is definitely my weak point in terms of historical knowledge, haha
Attila the Hun did nothing wrong
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #531 on: October 02, 2020, 03:34:44 PM »

Why would Biden's team ever agree to any sort of "honor system" with the Trump campaign?

To use a certain Georgia senator's favorite analogy, that's like agreeing to an honor system with Attila the Hun.

Attila the Hun kept his end of the peace treaty with the Romans. When the Romans broke THEIR end (not returning all Hun refugees fleeing Attila back to Attila as Rome had promised), he was pretty ruthless in exacting retribution, though. And, to be fair, he was basically just WAITING for the Romans to break that very difficult to enforce part of the agreement as a justification to attack.

I don't even care how true or fair this story is. I'm just happy this is where this thread has ended up.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #532 on: October 02, 2020, 03:37:02 PM »

cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #533 on: October 02, 2020, 03:40:18 PM »

I don't even care how true or fair this story is. I'm just happy this is where this thread has ended up.

Mods, could we move this to the GA-Special thread where it belongs?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #534 on: October 02, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »

turmp swore up-and-down that he would take "the miracle drug" hydroxychloroquine.
Why is he not insisting for his doctor to put him on this medication?
Then if he is cured, he can say "it was an event the likes of which nobody’s seen before."
JRP1994

« Reply #535 on: October 02, 2020, 03:41:31 PM »

Idk why the Clinic would take Trump's word on something like that, you have to treat him like a toddler because he's not going to be careful & take precautions himself
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #536 on: October 02, 2020, 03:42:04 PM »

Honor system? Really?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #537 on: October 02, 2020, 03:42:22 PM »

The word "honor" does not belong anywhere in the same context as Trump.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #538 on: October 02, 2020, 03:43:36 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #539 on: October 02, 2020, 03:44:40 PM »

Interesting that they are already giving him experimental treatments if all he has is a cold and low grade fever. Perhaps it's precautionary.
compucomp

« Reply #540 on: October 02, 2020, 03:45:07 PM »

Hopefully this is widely reported because it would blow holes through his post-recovery "I defeated the virus because I'm strong" or "COVID-19 isn't that bad, it's like the flu" narrative (assuming he recovers). He's now getting the best medical care possible, including these experimental treatments that are not available to the public, and without any regard to cost.
Of course, as President of the United States he should get this treatment. But Biden/Democrats should remind voters that they would not get nearly the same level of treatment and turn it into a talking point that Trump doesn't care about ordinary people.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #541 on: October 02, 2020, 03:45:14 PM »

turmp swore up-and-down that he would take "the miracle drug" hydroxychloroquine.
Why is he not insisting for his doctor to put him on this medication?
Then if he is cured, he can say "it was an event the likes of which nobody’s seen before."

I went to FreeRepublic earlier to get a sense of how hard-line Republicans are reacting to the news and almost 1/4 of posts were people being in disbelief about how Trump could have gotten infected despite taking hydroxychloroquine...
new_patomic

« Reply #542 on: October 02, 2020, 03:46:11 PM »

Interesting that they are already giving him experimental treatments if all he has is a cold and low grade fever. Perhaps it's precautionary.
Well, he is the President, so precautionary seems... good?

I'm sort of comfortable reading too much into every tweet trying to read between the lines of a mild, lowgrade, or "high" fever. All we really have to do is just wait to see how his condition develops.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #543 on: October 02, 2020, 03:46:16 PM »

Absolute dumbassery.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #544 on: October 02, 2020, 03:47:30 PM »

Am I correct that we don’t know if he was tested? Wallace just knows he wasn’t tested at CC?

If so, the title should be updated.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #545 on: October 02, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »

I'm sort of comfortable reading too much into every tweet trying to read between the lines of a mild, lowgrade, or "high" fever. All we really have to do is just wait to see how his condition develops.

Did you mean uncomfortable?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #546 on: October 02, 2020, 03:55:01 PM »

He says “they,” meaning both Biden and Trump. Both of them didn’t get tested by the clinic that day, so if one was wrong, then so was the other.

But lemme guess ... only Trump was wrong, right?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Biden was tested before the debate.  He has been on-the-ball and totally responsible throughout this campaign, to the point where Republicans have to complain about him "virtue signaling" by being such a boy scout about it.

Given who Trump is, I would be shocked if he actually did a test before the debate.  He doesn't care.  He probably sees it as a plus if he gives Biden COVID.  Also, if Trump had a test on Tuesday, surely that would have been released to the public by now as part of the tracing to figure out when and where he contracted the virus.
new_patomic

« Reply #547 on: October 02, 2020, 03:55:16 PM »

Did you mean uncomfortable?
Right, yes. Uncomfortable.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #548 on: October 02, 2020, 03:57:30 PM »

He says “they,” meaning both Biden and Trump. Both of them didn’t get tested by the clinic that day, so if one was wrong, then so was the other.

But lemme guess ... only Trump was wrong, right?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Biden was tested before the debate.  He has been on-the-ball and totally responsible throughout this campaign, to the point where Republicans have to complain about him "virtue signaling" by being such a boy scout about it.

Given who Trump is, I would be shocked if he actually did a test before the debate.  He doesn't care.  He probably sees it as a plus if he gives Biden COVID.  Also, if Trump had a test on Tuesday, surely that would have been released to the public by now as part of the tracing to figure out when and where he contracted the virus.

Agreed. My wife even suggested that if Biden got Covid from the debate, Trump and his enablers could claim he (Biden) infected Trump on purpose. I think it's not hard to assume they would go that low.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #549 on: October 02, 2020, 03:59:53 PM »

Biden has proven himself to be a lot more careful in this whole situation (objectively so), so it's pretty damn likely he got a test before. Trump on the other hand, has not, so it's not surprising that he didn't.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies