Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:43:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91378 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: October 02, 2020, 04:57:10 PM »

Given how the Trump Administration has continuously lied and downplayed anything that hurts the president, then saying that Trump is experiencing “mild symptoms” means that he’s really on death’s door
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #626 on: October 02, 2020, 04:57:21 PM »

Hopefully he recovers.  I may not agree with him, but I do not wish death on anyone.

Let's not dance on his grave.  Criticize him on policy and personality, but don't wish him dead.

America needs to reject Donald Trump, not have him just go away. And we need to demonstrate that those who abuse the power the public has entrusted them with will face justice.
And him dying of a disease is justice?  A disease is a natural phenomenon and I doubt it sought Trump out.

I think justice would be served a lot better by a massive defeat in the elections or prosecution for crimes.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #627 on: October 02, 2020, 04:58:54 PM »

Hopefully he recovers.  I may not agree with him, but I do not wish death on anyone.

Let's not dance on his grave.  Criticize him on policy and personality, but don't wish him dead.

No one wants him dead. I hope he recovers in time to witness his thrashing on 11/3.

While respecting the rules of this board, these are (most of) my thoughts on this.

We heard this in Melania Trump’s phone call (for those who heard them), we hear this frequently from Donald Trump, and we saw this in the clearly orchestrated way that the entire Trump family attending the debate took off their masks in unison. These are not only callous, selfish and greedy people, this entire evil family goes out of its way to be publicly callous, selfish and greedy all in some attempt to ‘own the libs’ and Trump’s despicable  supporters love him and his family for it.

So, that I and others respond to this news of Trump after his years of not just a lack of compassion, but a deliberate lack of compassion, in kind, should absolutely be expected, and is a perfectly rational response.

Yes, I would like to see him punished for any crimes committed and his presidency repudiated at the polls in November.  I don't like him one bit, and recognize that his handling of this entire pandemic has been a contributing factor in his illness.  

I understand people may be happy to hear this news, I just don't think spreading joy at someone else's illness, no matter how bad the person, is at all in good taste.  We gain nothing by wishing for his death on the internet.

Speak for yourself, but I would be lying (and I suspect some of the people who even upvoted your initial post) if I said I feel any sympathy for him whatsoever. He gets what he deserves.
I'll tell you that does nothing for the political climate.  Just because you think something doesn't mean it needs to be said.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #628 on: October 02, 2020, 05:00:47 PM »

Hopefully he recovers.  I may not agree with him, but I do not wish death on anyone.

Let's not dance on his grave.  Criticize him on policy and personality, but don't wish him dead.

America needs to reject Donald Trump, not have him just go away. And we need to demonstrate that those who abuse the power the public has entrusted them with will face justice.
And him dying of a disease is justice?  A disease is a natural phenomenon and I doubt it sought Trump out.

I think justice would be served a lot better by a massive defeat in the elections or prosecution for crimes.

Him dying from a contagious disease that he has been irresponsible handling at both the micro and the macro level at best, and intentionally criminally irresponsible for at worst, is not the same as randomly catching some deadly disease.

Of course, I won't say it would be justice though.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #629 on: October 02, 2020, 05:00:49 PM »

Given the pattern and practice of deceit and dishonesty by the administration, I think we need either evidence of competence from Pres. Trump by this evening, or Pence needs to be Acting President until Donald Trump has recovered. Between global and national events, there needs to be a clear chain of lawful authority.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #630 on: October 02, 2020, 05:00:53 PM »

BoJo was in the hospital for what, ten days? Guess we will see what happens this time.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #631 on: October 02, 2020, 05:01:58 PM »

Given how the Trump Administration has continuously lied and downplayed anything that hurts the president, then saying that Trump is experiencing “mild symptoms” means that he’s really on death’s door

Indeed. They've lied too much. Far too much.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #632 on: October 02, 2020, 05:02:09 PM »

I know everyone wants to speculate about his health and the political impact of this, but the bottom line is we don't know either.  We need to be praying though!
I will pray this ruins Trump’s campaign. As for his health...it is what it is.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #633 on: October 02, 2020, 05:03:50 PM »

What a class act.
Terrible idea.
Trump should be hammered for his Covid-19 response. This will martyr the b**tard.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #634 on: October 02, 2020, 05:04:05 PM »

I've been watching Marine One landing on the White House Lawn, live on CNN.

It's chilling to watch history unfold in front of us.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #635 on: October 02, 2020, 05:04:19 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #636 on: October 02, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »

Oompa loompa doompety doo

I've got a perfect puzzle for you

Oompa loompa doompety dee

If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you don’t wear a mask?

Mock those who do, and are a total ass?

What are you at, getting terribly fat?

What do you think will come of that?

I don't like the look of it

Oompa loompa doompety da

If you're not greedy, you will go far

You will live in happiness too

Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do

Doompety do
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #637 on: October 02, 2020, 05:05:52 PM »

The difference between Democrats and Republicans right here. Trump would be tweeting for Biden's doom right now.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #638 on: October 02, 2020, 05:06:01 PM »

He deserves to live to see electoral defeat. Well, we deserve to witness it at least.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #639 on: October 02, 2020, 05:06:14 PM »

Most of us here are too young to remember the Reagan attempted assassination, let alone JFK's assassination.

It's 11.05pm here and there is a non-zero chance I wake up tomorrow to Acting President or even President Pence.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #640 on: October 02, 2020, 05:06:17 PM »

I wonder if they’re discussing the 25th. I’d bet Pence cancels the debate ASAP just to be safe.

When you're as far behind in the polls as that ticket, canceling debates isn't something you do.

They're basically out of chances to "reset" or get a favorable news cycle. Debates are the only avenues left for that to happen.
indietraveler

« Reply #641 on: October 02, 2020, 05:06:57 PM »

will this finally get some people to wear a damn mask?
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #642 on: October 02, 2020, 05:07:06 PM »

BoJo was in the hospital for what, ten days? Guess we will see what happens this time.
But he was also sick 10 days before he went to the hospital
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #643 on: October 02, 2020, 05:07:29 PM »

I wonder if they’re discussing the 25th. I’d bet Pence cancels the debate ASAP just to be safe.

When you're as far behind in the polls as that ticket, canceling debates isn't something you do.

They're basically out of chances to "reset" or get a favorable news cycle. Debates are the only avenues left for that to happen.
Well now that Biden is basically worshipping this genocidal maniac, he will get a sympathy bump. The debates won’t be needed.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #644 on: October 02, 2020, 05:07:38 PM »

Most of us here are too young to remember the Reagan attempted assassination, let alone JFK's assassination.

It's 11.05pm here and there is a non-zero chance I wake up tomorrow to Acting President or even President Pence.

Tomorrow seems a bit early.  It is looking more likely that they lied about how long Trump was positive for (or that he hadn't been tested in a while at all) but he was out and about yesterday after all.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #645 on: October 02, 2020, 05:07:57 PM »

will this finally get some people to wear a damn mask?

No, they're wondering why the President went to the hospital for just a flu still.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #646 on: October 02, 2020, 05:08:04 PM »

Oompa loompa doompety doo

I've got a perfect puzzle for you

Oompa loompa doompety dee

If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you don’t wear a mask?

Mock those who do, and are a total ass?

What are you at, getting terribly fat?

What do you think will come of that?

I don't like the look of it

Oompa loompa doompety da

If you're not greedy, you will go far

You will live in happiness too

Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do

Doompety do
😭
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #647 on: October 02, 2020, 05:08:49 PM »

Well now that Biden is basically worshipping this genocidal maniac, he will get a sympathy bump. The debates won’t be needed.

Biden is getting sympathy voters?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #648 on: October 02, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »

Biden is getting sympathy voters?
No, Trump is getting sympathy voters.

Biden needed to balance between subtly jabbing at Trump’s response and having civility. He instead is now completely ignoring the pure f**kery that this administration has put us through.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #649 on: October 02, 2020, 05:10:51 PM »

Keep in mind that Donald Trump is at much more risk than either Boris Johnson or Bolsonaro. Boris Johnson is 18 years younger than Trump yet still had to spend time in intensive care. Bolsonaro is only 9 years younger but is an ex-paratrooper and far more physically fit than Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies