Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:13:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91348 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: October 02, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »

apparently now it's actually "for treatment of symptoms".

God they're changing the story pretty fast.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #601 on: October 02, 2020, 04:42:37 PM »

I don’t think we know just “how bad” it really is because we don’t have all the information. The signs don’t look good but without full context, we’re mostly just assuming.

Of course, this administration has lied about so much that it could very well be worse than they’re saying.

I don't even think we need a particularly untrustworthy administration to doubt the official story. Remember how Boris Johnson had a very mild case right up until he was in a medically induced coma and they couldn't hide it anymore? (Maybe the British Tories aren't the paragon of honest politicians, but they're around average.) I think probably a Clinton administration, or a Biden administration, would try to downplay the severity at first as well. Just a matter of controlling the messaging.

“The President is merely resting” = Trump is on the ventilator.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #602 on: October 02, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »

Hopefully he recovers.  I may not agree with him, but I do not wish death on anyone.

Let's not dance on his grave.  Criticize him on policy and personality, but don't wish him dead.

America needs to reject Donald Trump, not have him just go away. And we need to demonstrate that those who abuse the power the public has entrusted them with will face justice.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #603 on: October 02, 2020, 04:43:16 PM »

This is what has never made sense about Trump's PR strategies.

He comes from real estate, where the norm is to overpromise and underdeliver because by the time it's clear you've underdelivered, the building's already sold/leased and you've already deposited the check.

He doesn't get that expectations matter in politics. If they keep saying he's not that sick and these ominous updates keep trickling out, it's just going to set the entire country (and much of the world) into even more anxiety.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #604 on: October 02, 2020, 04:43:34 PM »

They’re clearly lying about his condition
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #605 on: October 02, 2020, 04:43:56 PM »

My gut says he's in rough shape and hiding it.

Here's another one of those moment where it would be nice if 65% of the country didn't think he was a dishonest person. Credibility is valuable!
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #606 on: October 02, 2020, 04:45:44 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2020, 04:51:04 PM by Frank »

Hopefully he recovers.  I may not agree with him, but I do not wish death on anyone.

Let's not dance on his grave.  Criticize him on policy and personality, but don't wish him dead.

No one wants him dead. I hope he recovers in time to witness his thrashing on 11/3.

While respecting the rules of this board, these are (most of) my thoughts on this.

We heard this in Melania Trump’s phone call (for those who heard them), we hear this frequently from Donald Trump, and we saw this in the clearly orchestrated way that the entire Trump family attending the debate took off their masks in unison.

These are not only callous, selfish and greedy people, this entire evil family goes out of its way to be publicly callous, selfish and greedy all in some attempt to ‘own the libs’ and Trump’s despicable supporters love him and his family for it.

So, that I and others respond to this news of Trump after his years of not just a lack of compassion, but a deliberate lack of compassion, in kind, should absolutely be expected, and is a perfectly rational response.

CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #607 on: October 02, 2020, 04:46:34 PM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #608 on: October 02, 2020, 04:46:58 PM »

What a class act.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #609 on: October 02, 2020, 04:48:23 PM »

God knows if the shoe was on the other foot
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #610 on: October 02, 2020, 04:48:29 PM »

Hmmm

Good move. The Lincoln Project can handle that.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #611 on: October 02, 2020, 04:51:07 PM »

Hopefully he recovers.  I may not agree with him, but I do not wish death on anyone.

Let's not dance on his grave.  Criticize him on policy and personality, but don't wish him dead.

No one wants him dead. I hope he recovers in time to witness his thrashing on 11/3.

While respecting the rules of this board, these are (most of) my thoughts on this.

We heard this in Melania Trump’s phone call (for those who heard them), we hear this frequently from Donald Trump, and we saw this in the clearly orchestrated way that the entire Trump family attending the debate took off their masks in unison. These are not only callous, selfish and greedy people, this entire evil family goes out of its way to be publicly callous, selfish and greedy all in some attempt to ‘own the libs’ and Trump’s despicable  supporters love him and his family for it.

So, that I and others respond to this news of Trump after his years of not just a lack of compassion, but a deliberate lack of compassion, in kind, should absolutely be expected, and is a perfectly rational response.

Yes, I would like to see him punished for any crimes committed and his presidency repudiated at the polls in November.  I don't like him one bit, and recognize that his handling of this entire pandemic has been a contributing factor in his illness.  

I understand people may be happy to hear this news, I just don't think spreading joy at someone else's illness, no matter how bad the person, is at all in good taste.  We gain nothing by wishing for his death on the internet.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #612 on: October 02, 2020, 04:52:07 PM »

Well I think he’ll get sympathy votes now if he’s going to the hospital. That’s the end of us in the Biden camp.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #613 on: October 02, 2020, 04:52:43 PM »

Well I think he’ll get sympathy votes now if he’s going to the hospital. That’s the end of us in the Biden camp.

/s?
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #614 on: October 02, 2020, 04:53:25 PM »

I hate this wretched website.
Splash
United States

« Reply #615 on: October 02, 2020, 04:53:47 PM »

redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #616 on: October 02, 2020, 04:53:49 PM »

I hate this wretched website.

It's sarcasm, I'm sure.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #617 on: October 02, 2020, 04:54:11 PM »

What a class act.

Biden's an Irish Catholic who has buried a wife, a daughter and a son. Grief is a second language to him and he would never hit someone when they're down.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #618 on: October 02, 2020, 04:55:23 PM »

How do you go from like, no symptoms to needing to be hospitalised in the case of 48 hours anyway? I thought the idea was that the disease usually progressed quite slowly at first?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #619 on: October 02, 2020, 04:55:34 PM »

I wonder if they’re discussing the 25th. I’d bet Pence cancels the debate ASAP just to be safe.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #620 on: October 02, 2020, 04:55:45 PM »

I know everyone wants to speculate about his health and the political impact of this, but the bottom line is we don't know either.  We need to be praying though!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #621 on: October 02, 2020, 04:56:02 PM »

How do you go from like, no symptoms to needing to be hospitalised in the case of 48 hours anyway? I thought the idea was that the disease usually progressed quite slowly at first?

I think he’s had it for a while
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #622 on: October 02, 2020, 04:56:09 PM »

Hopefully he recovers.  I may not agree with him, but I do not wish death on anyone.

Let's not dance on his grave.  Criticize him on policy and personality, but don't wish him dead.

We heard this in Melania Trump’s phone call (for those who heard them), we hear this frequently from Donald Trump, and we saw this in the clearly orchestrated way that the entire Trump family attending the debate took off their masks in unison. These are not only callous, selfish and greedy people, this entire evil family goes out of its way to be publicly callous, selfish and greedy all in some attempt to ‘own the libs’ and Trump’s despicable  supporters love him and his family for it.

Yes, I would like to see him punished for any crimes committed and his presidency repudiated at the polls in November.  I don't like him one bit, and recognize that his handling of this entire pandemic has been a contributing factor in his illness.  

I understand people may be happy to hear this news, I just don't think spreading joy at someone else's illness, no matter how bad the person, is at all in good taste.  We gain nothing by wishing for his death on the internet.

I believe it is actually an evolutionary response to show a lack of compassion (or lesser compassion anyway) to people who show a lack of compassion to others, and even more so when that person intentionally demonstrates their lack of compassion.

I'm not going to apologize in the slightest and I think we also gain nothing from those engaging in virtue signaling here.

Of course, as per the rules, I did not wish for his death here.
solidcoalition
Rookie
United States

« Reply #623 on: October 02, 2020, 04:56:41 PM »

Prayers for the President.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #624 on: October 02, 2020, 04:56:47 PM »

Speak for yourself, but I would be lying (and I suspect some of the people who even upvoted your initial post) if I said I feel any sympathy for him whatsoever. He gets what he deserves.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies