Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:52:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Ted Cruz harasses DC preschool teacher for being pregnant  (Read 5412 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2022, 09:20:10 AM »

It is not ridiculous to recognize the biological fact that men cannot get pregnant, or harassment to condemn the spread of an ideology that denies that fact in our nations elite institutions.

If we accept that the person who is permanent is 'biologically female'...he is still harassing a 'pregnant woman'

Should this 'pregnant woman' be both harassed and considered unsuitable to teach because they are pregnant?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2022, 09:21:30 AM »

It is not ridiculous to recognize the biological fact that men cannot get pregnant, or harassment to condemn the spread of an ideology that denies that fact in our nations elite institutions.

If we accept that the person who is permanent is 'biologically female'...he is still harassing a 'pregnant woman'

Should this 'pregnant woman' be both harassed and considered unsuitable to teach because they are pregnant?

Except that he's not harassing her.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2022, 09:33:44 AM »

Ted Cruz is an ass.

I'm also very confused about why someone AFAB who can't/doesn't want to be a woman would choose to get pregnant in the first place. Doesn't get much more female than that. Shouldn't getting a hysterectomy or at least tubal ligation be part of that transition?
Some people are willing to go through unpleasant experiences to have biological children. And in general, gender is complicated and varies by person. It's not always going to make perfect sense.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2022, 09:37:41 AM »
« Edited: October 20, 2022, 09:56:16 AM by Torie »

Because he is an unsympathetic ahole who objectifies people, he seemingly waded into this topic solely to mock with no policy issues in play. That displays at once cruelty, stupidity and a lack of self discipline. The fact that he thinks he is presidential material and/or electable displays a finely honed ability of self delusion.

In pondering the matter, I do think he probably wins the prize as the least likeable member of the Senate.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2022, 09:40:28 AM »

"some boys have bodies that can have babies"
"my grown-ups made a guess that I was a girl" (they guessed wrong)

These are not things teachers should be confusing preschoolers with but it's now considered good and normal in our educational culture. It's perfectly fine to publicly criticize it without sharing the name of the school or the teacher.

With all due respect, you don't really know what you're talking about. (And to be fair, why would you, as a non-father?) "Preschoolers" can handle things like that just fine.

You realize that many trans people have families who care about them and support them, families that may include small children? And that those children might tell their schoolmates about their family members?

I've been a child myself

Sorry shua I know this is a very serious topic, but I snorted at the way you said "I've been a child myself" like it's a semi-unique quality Tongue
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2022, 09:42:49 AM »

What’s he doing then? What do you think Ted Cruz’s goal is here? And what do you imagine happens to private citizens  who get attacked by Ted Cruz on twitter? Do you imagine their lives get better or worse?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2022, 10:06:08 AM »

What’s he doing then? What do you think Ted Cruz’s goal is here? And what do you imagine happens to private citizens  who get attacked by Ted Cruz on twitter? Do you imagine their lives get better or worse?

I think his goal is to draw attention to the prevalence of these beliefs in elite circles, and to boost his own profile. I don't imagine much of anything happens to an unnamed citizen criticized by Ted Cruz on Twitter, especially one who works for a liberal preschool in DC. I also wouldn't even really describe this as a criticism of said citizen, so much as the school for indoctrinating kids with these beliefs/exposing them to this fetish in its classrooms.

He's doing this because issues like "pregnant men" are the only things that the GOP is certain to win on. Anything else requires effort or persuasion on their part, but this is an easy win.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2022, 10:12:08 AM »

What's wrong with pregnant men? It is just another silly battle over semantics. That apparently is what mediocres get their rocks off on. And you can even get infracted here if you get it wrong. What a country.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2022, 10:22:04 AM »

I also wouldn't even really describe this as a criticism of said citizen, so much as the school for indoctrinating kids with these beliefs/exposing them to this fetish in its classrooms.
My brother in Christ don't talk about how kids shouldn't be exposed to fetishes when you would literally support Roger Tozer in his quest to mutilate his daughter. It's like the great poet Conor Mason once said: "the conservatives aren't conservative, they're just as venomous."
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2022, 10:28:27 AM »

Cmon guys we all know how particular Teddy is ab his MILFs
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2022, 10:31:57 AM »

I also wouldn't even really describe this as a criticism of said citizen, so much as the school for indoctrinating kids with these beliefs/exposing them to this fetish in its classrooms.
My brother in Christ don't talk about how kids shouldn't be exposed to fetishes when you would literally support Roger Tozer in his quest to mutilate his daughter. It's like the great poet Conor Mason once said: "the conservatives aren't conservative, they're just as venomous."

I've never heard of either of these people. You sound insane.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2022, 11:22:43 AM »

Conor Mason is the lead vocalist of Nothing But Thieves (the original line referred to liberals, but I changed it to fit with your worldview), Roger Tozer is basically my fictional go-to for idiots like you: His daughter, Danielle, is transgender, and she had been transformed into a(n effectively cisgender) girl by the eponymous mantle of Dreadnought. Because Danielle's closet of glass after the fact was evidently not transparent enough, he decides "hmm, yes, I will mutilate him so he can be a boy again," eager to give his "son" testosterone shots, and surgery to get back "his"... you know. This plan does not go well, however, as Danny finally musters the strength to shatter the glass closet, only for her father to refer to her with many slurs, and eventually kick her out of the house for it.

As for the part about me sounding insane, I'll simply quote classic Quantum Leap:
Quote from: Sam Beckett, Future Boy (Season 3, 1991)
A man is judged to be insane if he behaves outside the norms of society. But who is society? We are, plus the thousands upon thousands who work and live around us.
Spotify records that Nothing But Thieves has 2.7 million monthly listeners. Goodreads.com notes that Dreadnought has 7.7 thousand ratings. It's conceivable that of the people aware of both, every one of them believe that Roger Tozer is the asshole in the coming out plotline.
Society believes the same thing [Peebs] does, so either thousands [if not millions] of people in society are crazy, or [Peebs] is sane.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2022, 11:33:13 AM »

He's doing what conservatives always do and that is subtly telling his fan base to find this person and harass them. There is no reason for him to tweet about the affairs of private citizens especially the type of citizen who is under attack constantly by a mob.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2022, 12:14:57 PM »

As to Ted Cruz, I think he is wrong for calling national attention to this minor local story just to try to score points by demonizing trans people.

As to the underlying of the teacher and the explanations given to the students, I do have a bone to pick. His choices in his life are his and not mine to judge. I certainly don't understand them, but they are his and not mine. Fine. But the quotes attributed to him don't seem to make sense in explaining what is actually happening. "Some boys have bodies that can have babies." That is way more confusing than saying people who are born biologically female and determine that they identify as male can have babies too. The attributed quote leaves a biologically and identifying male boy sitting there wondering "I wonder if I can have babies?" It doesn't make sense. "My grown-ups made a guess that I was a girl." That really doesn't have anything to do with it, and just adds more confusion without actually explaining the situation. "I was born with the body of a female, but I have determined that I identify as male. Because I was born that way, I can have babies." That's all that needs to be said.

I am not someone who is going to say that trans people aren't allowed to have certain jobs or anything like that. That is certainly discriminatory. But if this type of situation arises where an explanation is necessary, then make sure you do it the right way with simple facts and no biased framing.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2022, 12:27:30 PM »

Conor Mason is the lead vocalist of Nothing But Thieves (the original line referred to liberals, but I changed it to fit with your worldview), Roger Tozer is basically my fictional go-to for idiots like you: His daughter, Danielle, is transgender, and she had been transformed into a(n effectively cisgender) girl by the eponymous mantle of Dreadnought. Because Danielle's closet of glass after the fact was evidently not transparent enough, he decides "hmm, yes, I will mutilate him so he can be a boy again," eager to give his "son" testosterone shots, and surgery to get back "his"... you know. This plan does not go well, however, as Danny finally musters the strength to shatter the glass closet, only for her father to refer to her with many slurs, and eventually kick her out of the house for it.

As for the part about me sounding insane, I'll simply quote classic Quantum Leap:
Quote from: Sam Beckett, Future Boy (Season 3, 1991)
A man is judged to be insane if he behaves outside the norms of society. But who is society? We are, plus the thousands upon thousands who work and live around us.
Spotify records that Nothing But Thieves has 2.7 million monthly listeners. Goodreads.com notes that Dreadnought has 7.7 thousand ratings. It's conceivable that of the people aware of both, every one of them believe that Roger Tozer is the asshole in the coming out plotline.
Society believes the same thing [Peebs] does, so either thousands [if not millions] of people in society are crazy, or [Peebs] is sane.

So you've made up a fictional character with a nonsensical scenario and are attempting to use that as a gotcha? That's incredibly strange, to say the least.

Society doesn't believe what you believe. 51% of Americans say changing one's gender is morally wrong. Considering that "changing one's gender" is leading language because it presupposes that it is possible to change gender, and that polls have consistently underestimated conservative support in recent years, it is almost certain that the % of Americans with anti-transgenderist beliefs is much higher than 51%. However, even if it was just 51%, that would still be a majority.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/351020/changing-one-gender-sharply-contentious-moral-issue.aspx

Additionally, 60% say a person's gender is determined at birth, a percentage that has actually been rising in recent years. Believing in transgenderism is a very radical minority belief that relies on the denial of biological reality, and Senator Cruz is right to call it out in elite institutions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/rising-share-americans-say-gender-determined-birth-assigned-sex-poll-f-rcna35560
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2022, 01:12:20 PM »

So you've made up a fictional character with a nonsensical scenario and are attempting to use that as a gotcha? That's incredibly strange, to say the least.
Oh, no, I'm not the one who wrote Dreadnought. And I assure you, it's quite sensical.
Society doesn't believe what you believe. 51% of Americans say changing one's gender is morally wrong.
For those of you watching at home, that still leaves 49% who don't think my existence is morally wrong. Anyhow, let's say I'm exaggerating the popularity of media I like (true) and literally everybody wants me dead (probably not true, but might be). Big whoop. But what is it about transitioning that makes it such a moral wrong? I'm not hurting anybody, am I?

Considering that "changing one's gender" is leading language because it presupposes that it is possible to change gender,
Try telling that to all the people who have changed gender (If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and is generally recognized as a duck, then it doesn't really matter if you think it's a goose, does it?).

Believing in transgenderism is a very radical minority belief that relies on the denial of biological reality, and Senator Cruz is right to call it out in elite institutions.
You can whine about "biological reality" all you like, but you don't look at a wooden chair and call it a tree, or call a bag of candy a cornfield, do you? Those are their "biological realities", much as mine indicates that I'm a dude. Besides, you want to know what was a very radical minority belief that relied on the denial of biological reality 150 years ago? That women should be allowed to vote.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2022, 01:12:50 PM »

"Preschool" is a scam and is nothing more than glorified daycare. It takes zero skill to "teach" and accomplishes nothing aside from separating children from their parents. This exhibitionist display is nothing more than icing on the turd.

"Exhibitionist"?

(Also Jesus Christ, you have never taught preschool and it shows.)

Yeah, I actually have something to contribute to the world aside from babysitting.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2022, 02:25:50 PM »

Can you imagine being this teacher? Being attacked for who you are by a US Senator like this and having people like shua condone it?

Can you imagine honestly thinking this is a fair description of anything that actually happened?  I sure can't.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »

Can you imagine being this teacher? Being attacked for who you are by a US Senator like this and having people like shua condone it?
The school is being ridiculed for being ridiculous.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2022, 02:56:48 PM »

What should the school do to not be "ridiculous" in your eyes? Not have transgender teachers in the first place, or allow them but fire them if they have the audacity to get pregnant?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2022, 03:04:34 PM »

It's not enough for Republicans to ban LGBT people from public schools, they're going to ban them from private schools as well and everywhere else they can.

If you vote Republican next month, this is what you are voting for.

Unfortunately shaming them is useless because this is what they've been working towards in the first place. The people who are voting for these people have embraced this with open arms from the start.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2022, 03:14:12 PM »

In short, Cruz's response isn't that unusual in 2022.  He shouldn't have made it, obviously, it give his enemies yet another "look at this douchebag" moment and more importantly, who the hell cares?  Of the few people still on the fence about Cruz, this isn't going to change their mind one way or the other, the pregnant man is not hurt, this is a non-story.

As others have said, Cruz singling out this private citizen for culture war / trans stuff is an open invitation for right winger twitter warriors to harass the teacher. That isn't appropriate for a senator or anything approaching presidential behaviour.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2022, 03:19:53 PM »

This school is acting as conservative-friendly and non-political as possible without not allowing trans teachers who can get pregnant or forcing the teacher to lie about their pregnancy in the present AND the future. It's literally as non-ridiculous as reasonably possible.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2022, 04:33:25 PM »

"Preschool" is a scam and is nothing more than glorified daycare. It takes zero skill to "teach" and accomplishes nothing aside from separating children from their parents. This exhibitionist display is nothing more than icing on the turd.

"Exhibitionist"?

(Also Jesus Christ, you have never taught preschool and it shows.)

Yeah, I actually have something to contribute to the world aside from babysitting.

Like being transphobic on Atlas?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2022, 04:34:44 PM »

"some boys have bodies that can have babies"
"my grown-ups made a guess that I was a girl" (they guessed wrong)

These are not things teachers should be confusing preschoolers with but it's now considered good and normal in our educational culture. It's perfectly fine to publicly criticize it without sharing the name of the school or the teacher.

Is it your position that transgender people should be banned from being preschool teachers altogether?

Still waiting for an answer on this.

Do you think that trans people should be banned from being preschool teachers?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies