The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:04:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 130
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 177766 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: November 24, 2020, 11:45:02 PM »

Wanting anyone to convert to your religion is sociopathic.

The last part.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #551 on: November 24, 2020, 11:46:11 PM »

Directly in the thread and all that.

Conversion efforts are abusive to congregants. By sending their followers out to "spread the good word," religions do not expect to win any new adherents. They assume (correctly) that the outside world will be hostile to their attempts, and that normal people will balk at them and be rude to their members. Then, when the congregants return to the security of the cult, they feel welcomed and at home again. The familiarity of the group calms their anxiety, and they are gradually taught to hate and fear those outside of the cult through conditional exposure. The goal is not to convince anyone to join the faith; that's just icing on the cake. On the contrary, their intention is to solidify their flock's dependence upon the cult by making them feel isolated, persecuted, and victimized. It's an insidiously genius method.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #552 on: November 24, 2020, 11:50:11 PM »

Conversion efforts are abusive to congregants. By sending their followers out to "spread the good word," religions do not expect to win any new adherents. They assume (correctly) that the outside world will be hostile to their attempts, and that normal people will balk at them and be rude to their members. Then, when the congregants return to the security of the cult, they feel welcomed and at home again. The familiarity of the group calms their anxiety, and they are gradually taught to hate and fear those outside of the cult through conditional exposure. The goal is not to convince anyone to join the faith; that's just icing on the cake. On the contrary, their intention is to solidify their flock's dependence upon the cult by making them feel isolated, persecuted, and victimized. It's an insidiously genius method.
good lord, that one's bad.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #553 on: November 25, 2020, 02:21:55 AM »

I hope Andrew Yang is not chosen as the commerce secretary.

He created the virus and inserted in animals in the Wuhan wet markets. He created the virus for the sole purpose of instituting his UBI agenda. He should not be rewarded for creating a global pandemic.

I'm sorry, but how is that not an infractable offense (I'm thinking it would fall under Bigotry/Hatefulness.)

Apparently it's a "joke"

Like Yang?

Frankly, I never understood why anyone took Yang seriously enough to either support or oppose him.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #554 on: November 25, 2020, 03:23:22 AM »

Alabama made it clear it didn't want any qualified candidate. It wanted a candidate to match their intellect.

The good post Gallery is that way.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #555 on: November 25, 2020, 03:24:12 AM »

Dems should give up period. They aren't winning anymore once the fraud is exposed. GOP will be in white house for decades.

Renaming This Thread is long overdue.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #556 on: November 25, 2020, 03:25:13 AM »

Twirling_Fedora.jif

I'd say you could do better than this, but on reflection that probably isn't true.

Dude, if you're going to fulfill a stereotype, at least own it.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #557 on: November 25, 2020, 04:02:15 AM »

I will own the stereotypes that actually apply to me (blonde white suburban libertarian from wealthy area who hates manual labor and is completely antisocial).
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #558 on: November 25, 2020, 07:56:16 AM »

I will own the stereotypes that actually apply to me (blonde white suburban libertarian from wealthy area who hates manual labor and is completely antisocial).

You forgot smug, atheist, and memelord.

Also I would have imagined you with dark hair, lol.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #559 on: November 25, 2020, 08:28:39 AM »

He washed the dye out his senior year of college when he had to start applying for grad school.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #560 on: November 25, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »

Could've sworn you said you were Asian...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #561 on: November 25, 2020, 12:50:18 PM »

For the same reason some Jews voted for Hitler (it's true, look it up).

For the same reason some ethnic Albanians supported Slobodan Miloscevic.

And the same reason there were blacks who supported the Confederacy.

There will always be House Slaves and Uncle Toms.  
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #562 on: November 25, 2020, 03:26:47 PM »

Quite frankly, it is now a mainstream view of how Democrat Party sees Trump's/GOP's non-white voters.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #563 on: November 25, 2020, 11:31:45 PM »

My hair is the color of gold bullion.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #564 on: November 27, 2020, 03:08:10 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2020, 03:32:01 AM by Au H2O »

On a related note, I’m really just getting sick of f—king idiots trying and failing to challenge me intellectually. You have a subzero chance of ever besting me in a battle of wits, you’re doomed before you even try, so... why even try? It’s literally just an embarrassing self-own for you, every time. Many a man has tried to outsmart me on this site and elsewhere; every single one just ended up with massive amounts of egg on their face. I cringe for them all. At a certain point you’d think people would just accept that they have absolutely no chance of successfully challenging me over anything, yet they smugly keep trying and failing anyway. I can’t say I understand why people insist on repeatedly making themselves look like total fools in front of the entire world, but by all means keep it up and I’ll just keep swatting down you down like the flies you are. I’m being benevolent, I think, by trying to warn you against your own stupidity. But you know, stupid is as stupid does I guess.

LOL, go ahead. I can certainly understand how that would sound dramatic and ridiculous to most people. But you know? As someone with a Southern accent from Kentucky, I’ve frequently throughout my life been sneeringly judged, underestimated, and ridiculed by the likes of John Dule. People who I know for a fact I am much more intelligent than, yet they act like I’m some stupid hick who’s not worth their precious time talking to. And it gets to me, frankly. Gets real deep under my skin. So insults to my intelligence, especially ignorant and blatantly absurd insults like that one which prove the person saying it is too dumb to even understand the very basics of what I am saying, are taken VERY personally. And when you cross that line, I take it as a cue to take the gloves off and f—k you up. Because I don’t abide smug, ignorant fools pretending they are smarter than me. That just ain’t something I’m gonna stand for, anywhere, ever.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #565 on: November 27, 2020, 03:50:58 AM »

Something is wrong with him.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #566 on: November 27, 2020, 06:23:28 AM »

On a related note, I’m really just getting sick of f—king idiots trying and failing to challenge me intellectually. You have a subzero chance of ever besting me in a battle of wits, you’re doomed before you even try, so... why even try? It’s literally just an embarrassing self-own for you, every time. Many a man has tried to outsmart me on this site and elsewhere; every single one just ended up with massive amounts of egg on their face. I cringe for them all. At a certain point you’d think people would just accept that they have absolutely no chance of successfully challenging me over anything, yet they smugly keep trying and failing anyway. I can’t say I understand why people insist on repeatedly making themselves look like total fools in front of the entire world, but by all means keep it up and I’ll just keep swatting down you down like the flies you are. I’m being benevolent, I think, by trying to warn you against your own stupidity. But you know, stupid is as stupid does I guess.

LOL, go ahead. I can certainly understand how that would sound dramatic and ridiculous to most people. But you know? As someone with a Southern accent from Kentucky, I’ve frequently throughout my life been sneeringly judged, underestimated, and ridiculed by the likes of John Dule. People who I know for a fact I am much more intelligent than, yet they act like I’m some stupid hick who’s not worth their precious time talking to. And it gets to me, frankly. Gets real deep under my skin. So insults to my intelligence, especially ignorant and blatantly absurd insults like that one which prove the person saying it is too dumb to even understand the very basics of what I am saying, are taken VERY personally. And when you cross that line, I take it as a cue to take the gloves off and f—k you up. Because I don’t abide smug, ignorant fools pretending they are smarter than me. That just ain’t something I’m gonna stand for, anywhere, ever.

r/iamverysmart
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #567 on: November 27, 2020, 06:26:38 AM »

Quite frankly, it is now a mainstream view of how Democrat Party sees Trump's/GOP's non-white voters.

I commented here a few weeks ago about how another red avatar's description of GOP voting Hispanics was one of the most openly racist things I've ever seen on this forum... but I think we have a new champion for most racist Atlas post *cringe*
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #568 on: November 27, 2020, 07:47:40 AM »

Considering that Trumpers are doing everything in their power to throw out all black people votes, it is the correct view. 

I'm an authority on the subject. 

I'm the official white spokesperson of all black people.   
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #569 on: November 27, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »

Considering that Trumpers are doing everything in their power to throw out all black people votes, it is the correct view. 

I'm an authority on the subject. 

I'm the official white spokesperson of all black people.   

10/10 troll, would rage again
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #570 on: November 27, 2020, 01:39:37 PM »

Common sense. Disappointing, if not downright horrifying, that this isn't unanimous.

Click thread for context
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #571 on: November 27, 2020, 02:00:03 PM »

Coming from him, this is also very ironic.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #572 on: November 27, 2020, 02:51:03 PM »

Common sense. Disappointing, if not downright horrifying, that this isn't unanimous.

Click thread for context
Nothing absurd or ignorant about observing that the Court has always held facially discriminatory laws to be unconstitutional.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #573 on: November 27, 2020, 08:28:02 PM »

the first one is copypasta, right?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #574 on: November 28, 2020, 02:06:47 AM »

I personally believe that Lockdown Advocates have zeroed their strategy to where these programs disproportionately affect churchgoers, small business people, and working class moms that cannot work from home.  All three of these groups trend Republican; two (2) of them always have.

Lockdowns aren't sincere attempts to contain COVID, they're a vast conspiracy to target specific Republican groups for #reasons.

Whoever introduced Fuzzy to Facebook did this forum a huge disservice. He wasn't always this unhinged.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies