Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:50:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 86978 times)
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: April 22, 2019, 10:32:54 PM »

Very interesting. A lot of candidates are heading to California very early. Not surprising. I was under the impression that Kamala would win in a blowout.

She’s down as far as third in polls there. I wouldn’t call it safe for her.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #976 on: April 23, 2019, 01:15:30 AM »

Beto really should done the town hall tonight, he’s fading into to obscurity at this point. I can see his next quarter being disappointing.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #977 on: April 23, 2019, 02:29:31 AM »

Yeah, Beto is done
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #978 on: April 23, 2019, 02:54:02 AM »

LOL.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #979 on: April 23, 2019, 06:28:02 AM »

It's April 23rd political junkies. We still have over 10 months til Super Tuesday. Take a step back and take a deep breath. It's gonna take a while to winnow the field.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #980 on: April 23, 2019, 09:27:35 AM »

It feels like September, lol. Anyways, I still am seeing some enthusiasm but it is quite clear that Pete is grabbing his camp.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #981 on: April 23, 2019, 04:20:38 PM »

Maybe, Just Maybe, O'Rourke is a genuinely unimpressive trustfund baby who gained an unwarranted national profile from a slobbering media that hated Ted Cruz? Now that there are other shiny objects for democratic voters, his whole schtick isn't selling anymore
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #982 on: April 23, 2019, 05:02:58 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/439613-buttigieg-steals-betos-thunder

Savage.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #983 on: April 23, 2019, 05:04:39 PM »

Maybe, Just Maybe, O'Rourke is a genuinely unimpressive trustfund baby who gained an unwarranted national profile from a slobbering media that hated Ted Cruz? Now that there are other shiny objects for democratic voters, his whole schtick isn't selling anymore
Maybe just maybe half the people in this thread are overreacting and the vast majority of the people who will vote in the primary don't even know or care what's going on?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #984 on: April 23, 2019, 09:12:40 PM »

He didn't even bother to come to Town Hall
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #985 on: April 24, 2019, 02:08:21 PM »

RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #986 on: April 24, 2019, 05:31:46 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #987 on: April 24, 2019, 05:59:25 PM »

My impression at this moment is that Beto's entire campaign had been a big adrenaline rush from his TX Senate race performance and great hype he'd been receiving, and it starts to wear out. He didn't struck me as somebody with a plan, more drifting on the momentum. If things goes the way they go now, his presidential bid would be viewed as nothing more than an impulsive ego trip.

Many people run for President to accumulate political capital for future endeavours. Beto might very well have destroyed his prospects if he does poorly from now on.
SCNCmod

« Reply #988 on: April 24, 2019, 06:18:42 PM »

Beto was never going to do well in NH... He needs to win IA & NV ... & do respectable in SC.
I think Beto is being very strategic (by taking a break from media, etc). He was getting wildly unfair nitpicking from media when he first announced (taking in platitudes, not enough specifics, etc ... the same thing Pete is doing, which barely gets mentioned). 

His campaign knows that early front runners in Iowa almost never win in years with a crowded field. And young optimistic positive campaigns very often surge in Iowa (Obama, Edwards '04).  I also think his campaign will aim to really get an infrastructure on the ground inplace and be ready for a big media blitz around the same time his HBO "running with Beto"comes out- which I think is in about a month.

Regardless if his strategy to far is the best or not- there is still almost a year left before ppl start voting- and there will be a lot of ups and downs in the polls as well as a lot of buyers remorse regarding frontrunners... and Beto is the type candidate that can really do well in such an environment.

Also- His Texas campaign was a slow burn reaching critical mass of voters via his rallies in Texas Senate.  The same will likely be true in the Primary- but just like he eventually gained steam in Texas... he will also in IOWA, NV. SC
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #989 on: April 24, 2019, 06:58:05 PM »

Maybe just maybe half the people in this thread are overreacting and the vast majority of the people who will vote in the primary don't even know or care what's going on?

Maybe, just maybe, the phrase "maybe, just maybe" is a tad overused these days. Maybe.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #990 on: April 24, 2019, 09:11:26 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #991 on: April 24, 2019, 09:19:43 PM »

That's obviously just itemized donations. I'm sure Bernie has more than Castro overall.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #992 on: April 24, 2019, 09:25:58 PM »

Beto was never going to do well in NH... He needs to win IA & NV ... & do respectable in SC.
I think Beto is being very strategic (by taking a break from media, etc). He was getting wildly unfair nitpicking from media when he first announced (taking in platitudes, not enough specifics, etc ... the same thing Pete is doing, which barely gets mentioned). 

His campaign knows that early front runners in Iowa almost never win in years with a crowded field. And young optimistic positive campaigns very often surge in Iowa (Obama, Edwards '04).  I also think his campaign will aim to really get an infrastructure on the ground inplace and be ready for a big media blitz around the same time his HBO "running with Beto"comes out- which I think is in about a month.

Regardless if his strategy to far is the best or not- there is still almost a year left before ppl start voting- and there will be a lot of ups and downs in the polls as well as a lot of buyers remorse regarding frontrunners... and Beto is the type candidate that can really do well in such an environment.

Also- His Texas campaign was a slow burn reaching critical mass of voters via his rallies in Texas Senate.  The same will likely be true in the Primary- but just like he eventually gained steam in Texas... he will also in IOWA, NV. SC

The problem with staying quiet is you're allowing others to control the narrative. If you let that happen, you're finished. He has time to turn around, but he needs to act fast.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #993 on: April 26, 2019, 05:47:52 AM »

The two most important states in 2020 will be Florida & Wisconsin. Amendment 4 (Voting Rights Restoration) having been passed and now implemented in Florida.

Maybe I spoke too soon. YIKES!

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2019/03/19/felon-vote-sparks-battle-for-florida-as-gop-moves-to-define-rights-921875

The upcoming s**tshow of 2020.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/25/18277470/amendment-4-florida-felon-voting-rights-fees-legislation

"In a 71-45 vote Wednesday evening, legislators voted to require people with felony records to pay restitution, as well as all court fines and fees — including fees that have been converted to a civil judgment — before regaining their voting rights. " aka a modern POLL TAX
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #994 on: April 26, 2019, 08:01:13 AM »

Surprised Sanders is so low. And who is donating to Tulsi Gabbard???
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #995 on: April 26, 2019, 10:45:37 AM »

Paulite Republicans
James Monroe

« Reply #996 on: April 26, 2019, 05:36:33 PM »

Michael Tracey of course.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #997 on: April 26, 2019, 06:19:28 PM »

The two most important states in 2020 will be Florida & Wisconsin. Amendment 4 (Voting Rights Restoration) having been passed and now implemented in Florida.

Maybe I spoke too soon. YIKES!

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2019/03/19/felon-vote-sparks-battle-for-florida-as-gop-moves-to-define-rights-921875

The upcoming s**tshow of 2020.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/25/18277470/amendment-4-florida-felon-voting-rights-fees-legislation

"In a 71-45 vote Wednesday evening, legislators voted to require people with felony records to pay restitution, as well as all court fines and fees — including fees that have been converted to a civil judgment — before regaining their voting rights. " aka a modern POLL TAX

My signature continues to be accurate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #998 on: April 29, 2019, 08:26:54 AM »

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #999 on: April 29, 2019, 09:37:57 AM »