Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 05:29:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51
Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 86593 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: June 02, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »

It's sad - because he could have a nearly-safe win against Corryn - but he's shooting for an office that he's just not going to earn, yet.

I still don't think a run against Cornyn would have been as successful as his run against Cruz. Cornyn is not as scummy as Cruz is to most Texans, even those who seem to only tolerate him at best.

I don't blame O'Rourke for attempting a run for President. He just hasn't done the best job at taking advantage of the momentum he had early in the year, or with justifying his presence in the race. Which is a shame.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1101 on: June 05, 2019, 05:11:12 PM »

His decision to not take PAC funds isn't smart for a prez run, but against Cornyn or Cruz. Its smart
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #1102 on: June 07, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »

He never had a chance.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1103 on: June 07, 2019, 05:29:33 PM »

It's sad - because he could have a nearly-safe win against Corryn - but he's shooting for an office that he's just not going to earn, yet.

The only reason the race with cruz was close is because cruz is unpopular. Beto would lose by 10 points against John and 15 against Abbott
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1104 on: June 07, 2019, 05:57:06 PM »

Please don't say you're just now realizing this.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1105 on: June 07, 2019, 07:02:55 PM »

The only reason the race with cruz was close is because cruz is unpopular. Beto would lose by 10 points against John and 15 against Abbott
Ted Cruz is not unpopular in Texas and the 2018 electorate was more Republican than 2016.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1106 on: June 07, 2019, 10:37:22 PM »

Beto should also campaign some in Florida.  Many Dems will have bad matchup numbers vs Trump in the all important Florida.... Beto is a candidate that could potentially gain some strength in vs Trump in Florida (even if he is lower in the Florida Primary polls).
There’s no point. The narrative will be set by the time Florida votes. If he can’t make something happen in Iowa, Nevada, California, or Texas it’s over.
This. His focus should be on Iowa.
But only in places like Dubuque, Dallas, Polk and the college counties. He has little appeal to rural voters, who appear solidly Biden at this point
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1107 on: June 08, 2019, 01:52:48 AM »

Oh no. I knew it when he ran against Cruz. But you can't tell my buddies that in tejas.

Ted Cruz is not unpopular in Texas and the 2018 electorate was more Republican than 2016.

Cruz is unpopular in texas lol.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1108 on: June 08, 2019, 02:48:12 AM »

Oh no. I knew it when he ran against Cruz. But you can't tell my buddies that in tejas.

Cruz is unpopular in texas lol.

Well, actually Cruz was barely above water on election day and a recent poll shows that Texans approve of Cruz 50-42.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1109 on: June 13, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1110 on: June 13, 2019, 04:28:58 PM »

A smart point to make in the primary and the general. Painting Biden as a return to the past may work as a strong attack against him in the primary, but be a net-neutral for a general electorate wary of the scandal-plagued and corrupt Trump Administration. This is a message younger candidates need to hammer home without fear of truly damaging Biden if he becomes nominee.
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1111 on: June 13, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »

Did people really think he had a chance? His only excitement was in Texas because of big it was for a democrat to win or in his case get close to winning. There wasn't excitement for Beto for Beto himself and obviously he didn't realize that
Sounds
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1112 on: June 13, 2019, 09:09:24 PM »

Beto will stand on the podium at the debate.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1113 on: June 13, 2019, 09:36:57 PM »

Did people really think he had a chance? His only excitement was in Texas because of big it was for a democrat to win or in his case get close to winning. There wasn't excitement for Beto for Beto himself and obviously he didn't realize that

No, Beto was quite the icon down here, and you either loved him or you didn't.

Even in my rather conservative county, you could find 35 yard signs to 1 Cruz...this was in a county that went for Cruz by double digits.

But what worked on a statewide level with relatively little competition isn't gonna work on a national level with 20+ candidates.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1114 on: June 13, 2019, 10:12:56 PM »

No, Beto was quite the icon down here, and you either loved him or you didn't.

Even in my rather conservative county, you could find 35 yard signs to 1 Cruz...this was in a county that went for Cruz by double digits.

But what worked on a statewide level with relatively little competition isn't gonna work on a national level with 20+ candidates.

He was the highest profile candidate there as well, right? Now he's up against people like Biden, Sanders, Warren and Harris.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1115 on: June 17, 2019, 10:44:16 AM »

I hope Beto rebounds. He's so much better than most of the other candidates (granted, that's a low bar - there's only 5-6 at most whom I'd even consider at this point).
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1116 on: June 18, 2019, 04:28:54 AM »

I hope Beto rebounds. He's so much better than most of the other candidates (granted, that's a low bar - there's only 5-6 at most whom I'd even consider at this point).

This dude has literally no reason to be President. He's a young dude who's only notable achievement is being a house member for 6 years and losing to Ted Cruz. Also I guess being a tall white guy if that counts as an achievement.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1117 on: June 18, 2019, 10:43:43 AM »

This dude has literally no reason to be President. He's a young dude who's only notable achievement is being a house member for 6 years and losing to Ted Cruz. Also I guess being a tall white guy if that counts as an achievement.

He’s got as much reason as anyone not named Biden, Bernie, or Warren.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #1118 on: June 18, 2019, 02:09:52 PM »

I mean this completely genuinely, what do you think his biggest qualities are that make you hope he rebounds?
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1119 on: June 18, 2019, 03:29:58 PM »

What's his reason? He has no reason, people weren't excited about him they were excited about a democrat coming close in Texas. Come on he is literally the same exact candidate as the majority of the field 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1120 on: June 18, 2019, 03:35:39 PM »

What's his reason? He has no reason, people weren't excited about him they were excited about a democrat coming close in Texas. Come on he is literally the same exact candidate as the majority of the field 
What is anybody’s reason? He is at least 35 years old and was born here. He can run. Go look at his platforms. He doesn’t need to meet your standards before he makes a decision for himself. If the voters decide they want someone/something else and he loses the primary then he loses. There doesn’t need to be some grand, eloquent case for why he’s running. LOL.
VeniceItaly
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1121 on: June 18, 2019, 10:17:30 PM »

What is anybody’s reason? He is at least 35 years old and was born here. He can run. Go look at his platforms. He doesn’t need to meet your standards before he makes a decision for himself. If the voters decide they want someone/something else and he loses the primary then he loses. There doesn’t need to be some grand, eloquent case for why he’s running. LOL.
Hes not polling well and hes basically generic democrat #8. You could literally vote for some else, not named bernie, warren, tulsi and still get the same thing.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1122 on: June 20, 2019, 01:27:26 PM »

Beto is nothing but Jason Kander 2.0
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1123 on: June 20, 2019, 01:31:24 PM »

Imagine still being excited about Beto O'Rourke in June of 2019.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1124 on: June 20, 2019, 01:39:38 PM »

Imagine still being excited about Beto O'Rourke in June of 2019.

imagine being a libertarian...ever...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies