Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:29:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 133594 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: October 11, 2019, 01:14:50 AM »

Gore was far stronger on environmental and foreign policy issues than Clinton, which made him a solid choice.
LOL at you thinking voters really considered the politics of the VP choices before casting their vote. Nobody cares if he is moderate, liberal, or otherwise. People vote off of emotion, identity, and their tribe. Gillum is an intelligent black man, with a beautiful young family, and powerful speaking skills. That's all that will matter at the end of the day. It's obvious Warren wants to lean in on ginning up excitement among AAs. She is plenty populist herself for the "WWC"

Who also lost a winnable race. This your old Beto fanboyism coming back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJ5wPoLTvY&feature=youtu.be Please do watch this from about 11:34 and broaden your mind beyond fantasy tickets.
This isn’t anything other than Gillum would be an interesting choice for Warren. I promise y’all are putting more thought into Gillum’s electoral history than any voter ever will.

Me supporting Beto in the past is irrelevant so not sure why he’s being brought up. Y’all need to stop acting like people haven’t lost races and then ran and won again before.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1576 on: October 11, 2019, 01:31:04 AM »

Shocked no-one mentioned Gillums FBI investigation? Would be a major hurdle
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1577 on: October 11, 2019, 03:43:23 AM »

Shocked no-one mentioned Gillums FBI investigation? Would be a major hurdle

Oh apparently that's not a big deal at all.

Gore was far stronger on environmental and foreign policy issues than Clinton, which made him a solid choice.
LOL at you thinking voters really considered the politics of the VP choices before casting their vote. Nobody cares if he is moderate, liberal, or otherwise. People vote off of emotion, identity, and their tribe. Gillum is an intelligent black man, with a beautiful young family, and powerful speaking skills. That's all that will matter at the end of the day. It's obvious Warren wants to lean in on ginning up excitement among AAs. She is plenty populist herself for the "WWC"

Who also lost a winnable race. This your old Beto fanboyism coming back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJ5wPoLTvY&feature=youtu.be Please do watch this from about 11:34 and broaden your mind beyond fantasy tickets.
This isn’t anything other than Gillum would be an interesting choice for Warren. I promise y’all are putting more thought into Gillum’s electoral history than any voter ever will.

Me supporting Beto in the past is irrelevant so not sure why he’s being brought up. Y’all need to stop acting like people haven’t lost races and then ran and won again before.

Did you even watch it at all?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1578 on: October 11, 2019, 04:22:12 AM »

responding to something a couple of pages back, but

Balance is overrated.  Was Clinton/Gore a "balanced" ticket?

exactly, "balancing the ticket" is largely a myth

Clinton: 46 year old moderate white governor from the upper south
Gore: 44 year old moderate white senator from the upper south

W. Bush: 54 y.o. white conservative Texas oilman who went to Yale, strong ties to GOP national leadership
Cheney: 61 y.o. white conservative Texas oilman who went to Yale, strong ties to GOP national leadership
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1579 on: October 11, 2019, 08:22:20 AM »

Those are the voters who'll swing Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania and if you shun them, you lose thise three states and the election.
I don't see any reason to think this is true — it's hard to argue that swings among non-college-educated white voters in these states was the only decisive factor, or somehow more decisive than, say, a decline in black turnout...
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1580 on: October 11, 2019, 09:08:16 AM »

This is also how I feel about Gillum.

Cinemark

« Reply #1581 on: October 11, 2019, 09:13:39 AM »

Gillum would be an okay choice if he wasnt sunk by an FBI investigation in 2018. That alone makes him a horrible choice for an anti-corruption ticket.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1582 on: October 11, 2019, 09:16:42 AM »

I don't see what Gillum adds to the ticket. Abrams would be a great choice, but she will almost certainly sit 2020 out and challenge Kemp in 2022. Am I the only one that thinks there aren't any perfect VP options? Like for any of the candidates?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1583 on: October 11, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »

This is also how I feel about Gillum.

Little does Max know he will join the loser crowd in 2021
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1584 on: October 11, 2019, 11:20:17 AM »

I don't see what Gillum adds to the ticket. Abrams would be a great choice, but she will almost certainly sit 2020 out and challenge Kemp in 2022. Am I the only one that thinks there aren't any perfect VP options? Like for any of the candidates?

Tammy Duckworth would be a good VP IMO.

A ticket with two women isn't unlikely, but methinks it won't go over well. I would love this ticket, but you know...America gonna America. Duckworth is also from a safe D state and doesn't necessarily help drive out the voting demographics that Warren needs.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1585 on: October 11, 2019, 11:35:02 AM »

Warren would essentially absorb literally all of the Sanders votes, so isn’t Warren really far in the lead, more than the polls currently indicate?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1586 on: October 11, 2019, 12:17:21 PM »

I would love to see an all woman ticket.
jacobmeteorite
jafcontact
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1587 on: October 11, 2019, 12:28:18 PM »

I would love to see an all woman ticket.
Hell yes.
Amikum

« Reply #1588 on: October 11, 2019, 12:45:32 PM »

One would imagine that in the long run this should happen about one in four tickets
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1589 on: October 11, 2019, 01:01:20 PM »

Warren would essentially absorb literally all of the Sanders votes, so isn’t Warren really far in the lead, more than the polls currently indicate?
Your working assumption here is that most Sanders voters are ideologically driven — I don't think this is true (for any group of voters, really)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1590 on: October 11, 2019, 01:01:27 PM »

Heck yeah, she’s one of my favourite candidates for VP.
- She brings military experience to the ticket, in a way that demands respect, but also has experience protecting vets.
- She brings a geographical balance to the ticket, representing the Midwest, which will likely take centre stage.
- She’s a proficient debater with a cool head, as shown in her 2016 debate with Mark Kirk, making her an ideal contrast with Mike Pence.
- Her nomination would assure Asian-Americans that the Democratic Party is not unaware of their role as an emerging demographic whose importance will only grow in the coming years.
- She has an incredible life story, and is a model of resilience, who I imagine could have widespread appeal.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #1591 on: October 11, 2019, 02:06:55 PM »

Probably mostly go to Biden actually. I think there was a recent poll that showed Sanders’ supporters second choice as mostly being Biden.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1592 on: October 11, 2019, 03:42:20 PM »

The problem isn't that people will judge Gillum for losing, it's that he lost. And there's reasons why. Also, he's hardly qualified to be Vice President (and by extension, President).
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1593 on: October 11, 2019, 06:35:50 PM »

A ticket with two women isn't unlikely, but methinks it won't go over well. I would love this ticket, but you know...America gonna America. Duckworth is also from a safe D state and doesn't necessarily help drive out the voting demographics that Warren needs.

And how about Senator Catherine Cortez Masto?  
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1594 on: October 11, 2019, 06:37:40 PM »

Would be ideal but she’s DSCC chair.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1595 on: October 11, 2019, 06:41:42 PM »

That is a complication, but not insurmountable.  I like the idea of her as Elizabeth Warren's running-mate in the sense that even if (God forbid) Warren loses narrowly to either Trump or Pence next year, she would be the instant 2024 frontrunner.  And the face of a new generation ready to take over the reins of the Democratic Party from the aging baby boomers.   
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1596 on: October 11, 2019, 07:25:55 PM »

That is a complication, but not insurmountable.  I like the idea of her as Elizabeth Warren's running-mate in the sense that even if (God forbid) Warren loses narrowly to either Trump or Pence next year, she would be the instant 2024 frontrunner.  And the face of a new generation ready to take over the reins of the Democratic Party from the aging baby boomers.   

What? Tim Kaine wasn’t the instant frontrunner this time.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1597 on: October 11, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »

I can't wait to see a fellow boy from Queens, our amazing President, embarrass Pocahontas in front of the whole wide world when he decisively defeats her in a little over a year.

Assuming it is Lying Liz, we have nothing to fear.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1598 on: October 11, 2019, 08:13:58 PM »

I can't wait to see a fellow boy from Queens, our amazing President, embarrass Pocahontas in front of the whole wide world when he decisively defeats her in a little over a year.

k
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #1599 on: October 11, 2019, 08:42:17 PM »

No way! Warren will take Trump down big time.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies