Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:01:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 299
Author Topic: Biden VP news megathread (pg 286 - been selected, announcement could be today)  (Read 363518 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: April 15, 2020, 10:46:07 AM »

The new Politico/Morning Consult poll also shows that a LOT of voters want him to pick a VP that has governing experience, which Abrams very much lacks
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #576 on: April 15, 2020, 10:57:24 AM »

I’ve been saying Abrams was an overhyped, entitled clown ever since she refused to accept that she lost the Governor’s race fair and square, so I now accept my accolades Smiley
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #577 on: April 15, 2020, 11:18:42 AM »

I’ve been saying Abrams was an overhyped, entitled clown ever since she refused to accept that she lost the Governor’s race fair and square, so I now accept my accolades Smiley
She conceded, so it's not like she didn't accept it. It's a fact that Kemp had his thumb on the scale by throwing voters off the rolls and Abrams is right to point that out because it can happen again this year.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #578 on: April 15, 2020, 11:23:17 AM »

Abrams takes public lobbying for the VP job to new heights:

https://www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/a32132819/stacey-abrams-on-voting-rights-covid-19-and-being-vice-president/

Stacey Abrams does not give the expected answer when I ask if she would accept an offer from former vice president Joe Biden to serve as his 2020 running mate. “Yes. I would be honored,” Abrams says. “I would be an excellent running mate. I have the capacity to attract voters by motivating typically ignored communities. I have a strong history of executive and management experience in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. I’ve spent 25 years in independent study of foreign policy. I am ready to help advance an agenda of restoring America’s place in the world. If I am selected, I am prepared and excited to serve.”

"I would be an excellent running mate" isn't the expected answer to this question.

Ok, at first she was amusing. Now she has become obnoxious.
This makes her come off as desperate and thirsty.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #579 on: April 15, 2020, 11:24:21 AM »

https://www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/a32132819/stacey-abrams-on-voting-rights-covid-19-and-being-vice-president/

Stacey Abrams does not give the expected answer when I ask if she would accept an offer from former vice president Joe Biden to serve as his 2020 running mate. “Yes. I would be honored,” Abrams says. “I would be an excellent running mate. I have the capacity to attract voters by motivating typically ignored communities. I have a strong history of executive and management experience in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. I’ve spent 25 years in independent study of foreign policy. I am ready to help advance an agenda of restoring America’s place in the world. If I am selected, I am prepared and excited to serve.”

"I would be an excellent running mate" isn't the expected answer to this question.

Uh, yeah. This is getting desperate. Biden should quietly tell her he's not going to pick her but promise her a cabinet post or something.
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #580 on: April 15, 2020, 11:46:21 AM »

What is Abrams doing being upfront and honest about her ambition? Doesn't she realize she is supposed to lie and deflect when asked simple questions? Doesn't she know she is supposed to avoid answering questions straightforwardly?

Can you imagine politicians being ambitious and saying they would be great choices for public office? Disgusting, absolutely pathetic.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #581 on: April 15, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »

I like that answer from Abrams. I still don't think she would be a good VP at all, but I respect her being upfront and promoting herself.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #582 on: April 15, 2020, 11:58:14 AM »

She conceded, so it's not like she didn't accept it. It's a fact that Kemp had his thumb on the scale by throwing voters off the rolls and Abrams is right to point that out because it can happen again this year.

Abrams didn't acknowledge the legitimacy of the election that she lost.  Kemp did not steal the Governorship from her, the voters chose to elect him.  Her inability to accept that was itself disqualifying for even a cabinet post, much less VP.  She has no respect for the democratic process.  Frankly, the Democrats would be wise not to run her again in 2022.
OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #583 on: April 15, 2020, 12:39:03 PM »

I liked Abrams well enough but this air of entitlement coming from her is mind-boggling. Especially when you have women like Harris/Warren/Klobuchar/CCM/Grisham in contention who are far more able and prepared.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #584 on: April 15, 2020, 12:39:19 PM »

Due to the DNC being held in Milwaukee this year, a Baldwin VP candidacy would make sense. My instinct says Biden will pick Harris though.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #585 on: April 15, 2020, 12:40:36 PM »

The new Politico/Morning Consult poll also shows that a LOT of voters want him to pick a VP that has governing experience, which Abrams very much lacks

Whitmer? She's too bland IMO and wouldn't help much other than to deliver Michigan, which Biden is already leading in.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #586 on: April 15, 2020, 12:50:07 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2020, 12:59:50 PM by Da2017 »

Whitmer? She's too bland IMO and wouldn't help much other than to deliver Michigan, which Biden is already leading in.

I been keeping an eye on her. So far havan't seen an it factor. Her stou response was pretty bland. When I watched her Detroit rally with Harris and Booker something seemed off.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #587 on: April 15, 2020, 12:57:23 PM »

Abrams needs to stop.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #588 on: April 15, 2020, 01:05:03 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2020, 01:49:30 PM by President Johnson »

Abrams is beyond delusional now. Hope Joe Biden doesn't pick her (which I doubt). Let it be Kamala, CCM, Whitmer or Klobuchar.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #589 on: April 15, 2020, 01:14:27 PM »

Abrams has proven she not ready for prime time.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #590 on: April 15, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »

Wow, looks like Klobuchar, Gabbard, and Duckworth are the only good options left. Hopefully Joe sees the light.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #591 on: April 15, 2020, 01:21:17 PM »

Wow, looks like Klobuchar, Gabbard, and Duckworth are the only good options left. Hopefully Joe sees the light.

Gabbard adds nothing.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #592 on: April 15, 2020, 01:40:28 PM »

I still don't get why y'all are roasting Abrams, at least she is being honest about wanting the position and upfront about it.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #593 on: April 15, 2020, 01:47:41 PM »

Abrams didn't acknowledge the legitimacy of the election that she lost.  Kemp did not steal the Governorship from her, the voters chose to elect him.  Her inability to accept that was itself disqualifying for even a cabinet post, much less VP.  She has no respect for the democratic process.  Frankly, the Democrats would be wise not to run her again in 2022.

Local Dimmycrat loves Brian Kemp and voter suppression!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #594 on: April 15, 2020, 01:49:05 PM »

"25 years in independent study of foreign policy"  Angry
Lol. That’s what jumped out at me. That’s not a thing ma’am.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #595 on: April 15, 2020, 01:53:43 PM »

Gabbard adds nothing.

Gabbard is so bad her selection would case major damage to Biden's chances of winning.  She is now a persona non grata in the Democratic Party, including her home state.  There would be a political firestorm and possibly even a convention walkout.  Biden is smarter than that.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #596 on: April 15, 2020, 01:56:53 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2020, 02:01:40 PM by KaiserDave »

My rankings is such (tentative)

1. Elizabeth Warren
2. Tammy Baldwin
3. Tammy Duckworth
4. Catherine Cortez Masto
5. Gretchen Whitmer or Kamala Harris

6. Amy Klobuchar
7. Stacey Abrams

8.. Tulsi Gabbard
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #597 on: April 15, 2020, 02:19:56 PM »

1. Elizabeth Warren
2. Tammy Baldwin
3. Tammy Duckworth

6. Amy Klobuchar
7. Stacey Abrams

8.. Tulsi Gabbard

Hillary?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #598 on: April 15, 2020, 02:22:14 PM »

1. Elizabeth Warren
2. Tammy Baldwin
3. Tammy Duckworth

6. Amy Klobuchar
7. Stacey Abrams

8.. Tulsi Gabbard

Hillary?

Why do you have such an obsession with Hilldog?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #599 on: April 15, 2020, 02:22:32 PM »

Abrams didn't acknowledge the legitimacy of the election that she lost.  Kemp did not steal the Governorship from her, the voters chose to elect him.  Her inability to accept that was itself disqualifying for even a cabinet post, much less VP.  She has no respect for the democratic process.  Frankly, the Democrats would be wise not to run her again in 2022.

Throwing voters off the rolls while you are running for Governor is cheating. But I'm not going to argue about it with you about it because you clearly don't see that it was a problem what Kemp did.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 299  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies