🇩🇪 German state & local elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:36:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇩🇪 German state & local elections
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 76
Author Topic: 🇩🇪 German state & local elections  (Read 128243 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2019, 01:38:48 PM »

ZDF says his name is Bernd: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdHXn0LagMc

So does "Die Welt":

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #351 on: September 20, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »

LOLwhat ?

They are the important news media of Germany and can’t get his name right ?

That’s like CNN showing a map of Austria with the capital Canberra ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »

Germany’s clown-in-chief strikes again:

Is the one in the middle Heiko Maas ? And who’s the one on the right ?

Also, Strache:

urutzizu
« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »

Middle is fmr. internal security services Chief Maaßen and right is Andreas Kalbitz methinks, AFD leader in Brandenburg (the one with the neo-nazi controversy)

The Bernd/Björn is a running joke in Germany, his actual name sadly is Björn.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2019, 01:54:29 PM »

LOLwhat ?

They are the important news media of Germany and can’t get his name right ?

That’s like CNN showing a map of Austria with the capital Canberra ...

Actually, it was originally a one-time mistake by a regional newspaper which quickly led to widespread meme. The popularity of the meme in turn caused futher iterations of the same mistake, including one on the official Bundestag website:

Kinda suprised that the meme is completely unknown in Austria.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2019, 01:55:38 PM »

Campaign poster for Björn Höcke, AfD lead candidate for the Thüringen state election next month:

Jörg Haider (FPÖ) campaign poster 20-25 years ago:

His name is Bernd. It's Bernd Höcke!

?

No, it’s Björn.

There's been going on a joke in German media, especially among comedians, that his actual name is Bernd. A few years ago, someone misspoke and Höcke was upset about that.

FDP leader Ulrich Rülke in Baden-Württemberg Landtag (starting at 7:40)

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2019, 01:59:28 PM »

Not surprising ...

We rarely watch the Heute Show.

The things we watch is Bares für Rares or Ninja Warrior Germany.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2019, 02:04:17 PM »

Not surprising ...

And GNTM and DSDS and TVOG ... 🙄
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2019, 02:05:34 PM »

BTW: one of my co-workers is actually from Thüringen.

Not sure if she can vote though, because she has her main residence here in Salzburg and state election law in Germany usually does not allow (?) former residents of the state to vote if they are abroad.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »

Not surprising ...

Maybe others, not me.

I would never watch Topmodel or Dieter Bohlen.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »

Not sure if she can vote though, because she has her main residence here in Salzburg and state election law in Germany usually does not allow (?) former residents of the state to vote if they are abroad.

Does she have the German citizenship?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »

Of course.

I don’t know about the election laws in each German state and it may even vary from state to state, like it is the case here ...

In some state elections, Austrians abroad are allowed to vote and in others they are not.

In federal elections, they are allowed to vote as well.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2019, 02:12:48 PM »

Not surprising ...

Maybe others, not me.

DSDS is mainly undermined by the Swiss. But GNTM, even though you have your own version of that show, and TVOG (the only show of the three I actually watch) attracts many Austrians.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2019, 02:14:53 PM »

Not surprising ...

Maybe others, not me.

DSDS is mainly undermined by the Swiss. But GNTM, even though you have your own version of that show, and TVOG (the only show of the three I actually watch) attracts many Austrians.

I rather watch Vermisst and Nightwash Standup Comedy than this.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »

Of course.

I don’t know about the election laws in each German state and it may even vary from state to state, like it is the case here ...

In some state elections, Austrians abroad are allowed to vote and in others they are not.

In federal elections, they are allowed to vote as well.

No, the law is the same in every state, which is the same as on the federal level.
25 years is the limit for the time you can have your fixed abode outside Germany in order to have right to vote in federal and state elections. I learnt that in a special episode of Monitor before the last federal election.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #365 on: September 20, 2019, 02:35:34 PM »

It's good, Mr. President, that you happened to post that video, because the woman specking in the Schleswig-Holstein Landtag in that clip is Doris "Princess" von Sayn-Wittgenstein. (She is not really a princess; she merely acquired her title of nobility by purchase, which is totally legal in Germany.) She used to be the AfD state party chairwoman of Schleswig-Holstein, but she was dismissed from her party some weeks ago after she refused to dissociate herself from right-wing associations and from her refusal of accepting the Oder-Neisse line.
That was the first time in the history of the FRG that a state party chair has been unseated by the federal party executive board.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2019, 04:52:40 PM »

Actually, it was originally a one-time mistake by a regional newspaper which quickly led to widespread meme. The popularity of the meme in turn caused futher iterations of the same mistake, including one on the official Bundestag website.

No, it was Oliver Welke who did this mistake first. In the follow-up episode of the video posted above he corrected Höcke's name after he'd received much criticism from AfD supporters, and a meme was born...

That's incorrect.

The mistake was first made by the Thüringer Allgemeine in 2015. After Höcke showed himself outraged over that mistake in a video (that one: https://youtu.be/FLU-pZ7873E), Welke started to use the "wrong" name on his show on purpose.

Mit diesem Video begann alles. 2015 hatte die Thüringer Allgemeine aus Björn Höcke einen Bernd Höcke gemacht, und er schreit dagegen an. Hätte er das nicht getan oder hätte in diesem Moment keine Kamera vor ihm gestanden, wäre für den Rechtspopulisten mit Hitler-Rhetorik vermutlich alles besser gelaufen. Die Zeitung hätte ihren Fehler bemerkt und sich in der nächsten Ausgabe entschuldigt oder zumindest seinen Namen wieder richtig geschrieben. Niemals wäre der Fehler in den Nachrichten des ZDF gelandet, niemals wäre er über die Lippen der Moderatorin Marietta Slomka gehuscht.
Anzeige

Doch er hat es damals nunmal lauthals beklagt, und zwar so laut, dass die heute-show das Video lustig fand. Seit die heute-show Bernd ...äh... Björn ...äh... Bernd – seit sie Höcke "Bernd" nennt, machen es alle, von der Huffington Post bis zum SWR. Und in der allgemeinen Wahrnehmung ist Björn offensichtlich schon so sehr Bernd geworden, dass ihn jetzt sogar die Redakteure und die Moderatorin des Heute Journals so nennen:

https://www.vice.com/de/article/9a43ye/bernd-oder-bjorn-hocke-die-ultimative-verwirrung-hat-ein-neues-level-erreicht

Die Thüringer Allgemeine hat Höcke wohl als erste "Bernd" genannt. 2015 stand der falsche Vorname versehentlich in einem Artikel der Zeitung. Höcke ärgerte sich darüber und beschwerte sich bei einer Rede. "Wut über den Auftritt des AfD-Politikers Bernd Höcke in Erfurt", zitierte er bei einer Demonstration aus der Zeitung, um dann in das Mikrofon zu rufen: "Mein Name ist Björn Höcke!" Das brachte das Team der ZDF "Heute Show" um Oliver Welke darauf, den Politiker fortan nur noch "Bernd" zu nennen.

https://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/panorama/Bjoern-Hoecke-Bernd-Hoecke-Wie-heisst-der-Mann-denn-nun-id41247442.html

Die "Thüringer Allgemeine" hatte den Vornamen des AfD-Politikers im Jahr 2015 falsch geschrieben. Daraufhin hatte Höcke auf einer Demo in einer Rede wutschnaubend die Angelegenheit richtig gestellt: "Ich heiße nicht Bernd Höcke, ich heiße Björn Höcke." Diesen Auftritt griffen Oliver Welke und die Kollegen von der "heute show" dankbar auf. Seitdem heißt Björn "Bernd" in der Sendung.

https://www.stern.de/kultur/tv/bjoern-hoecke-wird-zu--bernd-hoecke----marietta-slomkas-lustiger-versprecher-im--heute-journal--7420836.html

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #367 on: September 20, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »

Actually, it was originally a one-time mistake by a regional newspaper which quickly led to widespread meme. The popularity of the meme in turn caused futher iterations of the same mistake, including one on the official Bundestag website.

Okay, I remembered it wrongly. I'm sorry! I just recalled how Höcke angrily shouted in a clip shown on the heute show that his name was Björn and not Bernd. I thought he referred to a preceding episode of that show
rob in cal
« Reply #368 on: September 20, 2019, 07:42:06 PM »

Was in Thuringia last week, and saw a lot of CDU and Green and Linke posters, no AFD posters, and also lots from some fringe leftist marxist revolutionary party. Loved Erfurt by the way.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2019, 05:21:06 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 05:56:42 AM by Ye Olde Europe »

Was in Thuringia last week, and saw a lot of CDU and Green and Linke posters, no AFD posters, and also lots from some fringe leftist marxist revolutionary party. Loved Erfurt by the way.

The lack of AfD posters (in Thuringia of all places) seems a bit strange and goes contrary to my experience in Saxony-Anhalt and Brandenburg. Even in Potsdam - which is probably the number two Green patty stronghold in East Germany following Leipzig - the visible campaign posters for the recently held state election seemed to be split like 40% Greens, 40% AfD, and 20% SPD/Left.

That fringe leftist party must have been the MLPD, I guess. They have one or two odd millionaires as main financial contributors which often leads to the party being able to run campaigns on roughly the same level as major ones despite the fact that this never translates into actual votes for them. This ironically proves that money can't buy you everything even if you happen to be a communist with money.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2019, 05:51:39 AM »

Tender you seriously didn't know the Bernd Höcke meme?
People do watch the Heute Show here (if you don't Tender, you absolutely should!), at least in my segment of Austrian society.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2019, 06:34:50 AM »

Tender you seriously didn't know the Bernd Höcke meme?
People do watch the Heute Show here (if you don't Tender, you absolutely should!), at least in my segment of Austrian society.

Maybe young people watch it.

Older (30+), rural people certainly do not watch the Heute Show.
rob in cal
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2019, 07:10:49 AM »

He's it was the mlp d party with the posters everywhere.
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #373 on: September 23, 2019, 01:58:09 AM »

New poll for Baden-Württemberg, where the next state election takes place in 2021:

Greens: 38% (+7.7%)
CDU: 26% (-1%)
AfD: 12% (-3.1%)
SPD: 8% (-4.7%)
FDP: 8% (-0.3%)
Left: 3% (+1%)

This is the highest percentage value for the Greens in any statewide or countrywide poll ever.
77% of all respondents are satisfied with Governor Winfried Kretschmann's job performance. 71% of them back his decision to seek the governorship for a third time; among the AfD supporters it's only 44%, but that's still a high favorability number.
65% of them stated that they are contented with the green-black government as a whole.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #374 on: September 23, 2019, 01:05:25 PM »

New poll for Baden-Württemberg, where the next state election takes place in 2021:

Greens: 38% (+7.7%)
CDU: 26% (-1%)
AfD: 12% (-3.1%)
SPD: 8% (-4.7%)
FDP: 8% (-0.3%)
Left: 3% (+1%)

This is the highest percentage value for the Greens in any statewide or countrywide poll ever.
77% of all respondents are satisfied with Governor Winfried Kretschmann's job performance. 71% of them back his decision to seek the governorship for a third time; among the AfD supporters it's only 44%, but that's still a high favorability number.
65% of them stated that they are contented with the green-black government as a whole.

I've posted this already, but huge numbers for #UnbeatableTitanWinfried. The SPD's showing is beyond pathetic. The irony is, that if in 2011 the SPD received just a percentage more and was ahead of the Greens, Nils Schmid would have been MP and most likely a popular one.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies