Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:39:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 150631 times)
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: November 01, 2019, 12:24:20 PM »

I dread looking at my phone on Friday mornings and reading what drunk me said the night before. There needs to be a phone equivalent of an ignition interlock device.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1326 on: November 01, 2019, 12:28:08 PM »

I dread looking at my phone on Friday mornings and reading what drunk me said the night before. There needs to be a phone equivalent of an ignition interlock device.

i know how u feel brah
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1327 on: November 01, 2019, 12:48:03 PM »

i know how u feel brah

Alcohol is bad. But life sucks so how else do we numb the pain?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1328 on: November 01, 2019, 12:49:55 PM »

i know how u feel brah

Family
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1329 on: November 01, 2019, 11:32:19 PM »

I am a complete loser.  I'm turning twenty five in less than two weeks and I have no idea where I'm going, no structure whatsoever.  I don't have a purpose in life anymore.  Six years ago I was studying to become a priest or spiritual counselor, but now I don't have the drive or the confidence anymore.  I am nothing.  All day yesterday I was tripping on medications and since I don't have access to weed anymore I've recently taken up cigarettes.  Fortunately I don't have an addictive personality and quitting shouldn't be much of a challenge for me when the time comes, but I just want to be sedated all the time so that I don't feel the pain.

Every night I pray to God to restore my mental/spiritual health so that I can be on a better path and find my purpose, but I feel like God's abandoned me.  Maybe I don't have the faith I thought I did.  Everything in this world looks ugly to me.

I don't know.  I see people like Sanchez getting their lives in order and I can't help but feel a little envious.  I don't need to be rich, I just want a life of purpose.  Mental illness has made it impossible for me to be the best version of myself.  I have had to cope with these problems all my life, but at least before my dad died I felt like I had a path and a purpose.  I could overcome those hurdles and be able to improve my corner of the world.  Now I am nothing but a waste of space.

I understand now why people turn to dangerous vices like heavy drinking and heroin.  It shields you from the pain.  What shields me from that is a good combo of Lyrica, Xanax, and sleeping pills.  I don't want this to be the sum of my existence.  And I know I have nobody to blame but myself for not being more proactive and working to improve myself.

Sorry for the whiny therapy session; I just needed to vent.  Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1330 on: November 01, 2019, 11:43:04 PM »

My life isn’t all great. I deleted Tinder forever after what happened today. I legit think I was about to get murdered.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1331 on: November 01, 2019, 11:45:58 PM »

My life isn’t all great. I deleted Tinder forever after what happened today. I legit think I was about to get murdered.

LMAO, did you get catfished?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1332 on: November 01, 2019, 11:48:16 PM »

Shouldn't have deleted the detailed post!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1333 on: November 01, 2019, 11:53:44 PM »

LMAO, did you get catfished?
The chick was a man in a dress and a wig. I made and deleted a thread about it. Most bizarre thing to ever happen in my entire life for sure, honestly I think it was a rape set up. I was never closer than ten feet from the cross dresser (I asked if he was trans, said “not exactly”) but I really just feel....spooked. It was an unnerving experience. I feel very stupid lol.

Shouldn't have deleted the detailed post!
Mods were gonna nuke it hard. It’s just too dark.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1334 on: November 02, 2019, 12:49:59 AM »

I am a complete loser.  I'm turning twenty five in less than two weeks and I have no idea where I'm going, no structure whatsoever.  I don't have a purpose in life anymore.  Six years ago I was studying to become a priest or spiritual counselor, but now I don't have the drive or the confidence anymore.  I am nothing.  All day yesterday I was tripping on medications and since I don't have access to weed anymore I've recently taken up cigarettes.  Fortunately I don't have an addictive personality and quitting shouldn't be much of a challenge for me when the time comes, but I just want to be sedated all the time so that I don't feel the pain.

Every night I pray to God to restore my mental/spiritual health so that I can be on a better path and find my purpose, but I feel like God's abandoned me.  Maybe I don't have the faith I thought I did.  Everything in this world looks ugly to me.

I don't know.  I see people like Sanchez getting their lives in order and I can't help but feel a little envious.  I don't need to be rich, I just want a life of purpose.  Mental illness has made it impossible for me to be the best version of myself.  I have had to cope with these problems all my life, but at least before my dad died I felt like I had a path and a purpose.  I could overcome those hurdles and be able to improve my corner of the world.  Now I am nothing but a waste of space.

I understand now why people turn to dangerous vices like heavy drinking and heroin.  It shields you from the pain.  What shields me from that is a good combo of Lyrica, Xanax, and sleeping pills.  I don't want this to be the sum of my existence.  And I know I have nobody to blame but myself for not being more proactive and working to improve myself.

Sorry for the whiny therapy session; I just needed to vent.  Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
Scott, I was exactly in the same situation. I was forced by circumstances into a new chapter. Sometimes you don’t find purpose. More often, purpose finds you. That’s certainly what happened in my life.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1335 on: November 02, 2019, 11:20:48 AM »

i know how u feel brah

Family

my family hate me.

but also when my fiancee and I get married, have a child and build our own (superior) family, yes i believe that will help.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1336 on: November 02, 2019, 12:43:07 PM »

you know guys i don't really know a lot about politics and all, i'm basically an apolitical person who just listened to too many George W Bush speeches.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1337 on: November 02, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »

In 365 days, we will be on the eve of election night 2020. A lot can change in that year, and I hope a lot changes in my life (I have high ambitions). I won't be here on a regular basis until after that date, if at all.

I will pop in from time to time if anything significant happens - for instance, if Biden flunks the primaries I'll pop in to say "I told ya so."

If my 2019 gubernatorial predictions turn out to be accurate, I'll pop in to say "looks like I was right and GOP's infrastructure and Trump's blessing was enough to overcome solid Democratic candidates who would have won if this weren't the Trump Era."

and so on and so forth

I'm going to miss talking to all of you.

I can be reached more frequently here: https://discord.gg/HEyakKn
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1338 on: November 02, 2019, 01:25:44 PM »

you know guys i don't really know a lot about politics and all, i'm basically an apolitical person who just listened to too many George W Bush speeches.

How did you get on the forum then?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1339 on: November 02, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »

working on my #populist wardrobe, just need a flatop and rip the clothes

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1340 on: November 02, 2019, 06:55:43 PM »

How did you get on the forum then?

No clue bro probably on accident and been trapped here since
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1341 on: November 02, 2019, 07:09:09 PM »

I guess I'm not stupid, I'm just lazy.
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #1342 on: November 02, 2019, 07:16:07 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2019, 07:37:53 PM by Larry Hogan 2024 »

All you need to do is hop on a tractor and then you will be really  Purple heart #populist.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1343 on: November 02, 2019, 07:21:29 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2019, 07:26:46 PM by Bagel23 »

All you need to do is hop on a tractor and then you will be really  Purple heart #populist

And ofc double my weight and select an American tractor like a John Deere and not one of them Mahindra's like the fam back in Punjab used. Other than that, I appear white enough to do the #populist wardrobe.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1344 on: November 03, 2019, 02:59:29 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2019, 03:22:43 PM by Atlas: Consistently Wrong »

@Bagel23: you're taller than I expected and that Jon Tester outfit seems to fit you well, I recommend rocking it in college to attract the ladies

Anyway guys, as an Internet addict who keeps finding my way back, here are my last predictions. You can make fun of me if they end up being wrong.

Virginia House and Senate: will go D (I won't even bother researching the exact races in order to predict how much)

Louisiana: Rispone 51.5%, JBE 48.5%; however a JBE 50.1%, Rispone 49.9% result or something along those lines is decently possible; you could say it's between Lean R and Tilt R.

Kentucky: Bevin 51%, Beshear 47%, Libertarian 2%. However, there's a small chance for a Beshear 48.2%, Bevin 48.1%, Libertarian 3.7% style victory. You can say it's Lean R.

Mississippi: Hood can't seem to get beyond 45% in the Hickman Analytics(D) polls, ergo I rate it Likely R, possibly Safe. I predict a result similar to the 2018 MS-SEN Special race between Hyde-Smith and Espy. If you factor in that gubernatorial races can be less partisan, you can predict that Hood can mayyybe get up to 48%. I'd still predict something like 50% Reeves, 48% Hood, 2% Third Party. There exists the possibility that it'll be something more like 54% Reeves, 45% Hood, 1% Third Party. And you could even argue that it's possible that Hood will get less than 45%.

Right now the likeliest option for me is something like 53% Reeves, 46% Hood, 1%Third Party.

Edit: by the way I'll do my best not to pop in again until the Iowa Caucus results. Again, normally my 'internet addiction' wouldn't be a problem if I was content to have a regular life, but I yearn for something far more ambitious.

Edit2: Also my hot take for the Iowa Caucus this far out is that there is a decently greater chance of Warren+Buttigieg being in the Top 2 than Bernie+Biden being in the Top 2. Again, I don't have faith in those geezers.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1345 on: November 03, 2019, 04:16:50 PM »

Watched the first episode of His Dark Materials.

Waited nearly 20 years for this!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1346 on: November 03, 2019, 08:30:41 PM »

@Bagel23: you're taller than I expected and that Jon Tester outfit seems to fit you well, I recommend rocking it in college to attract the ladies

Anyway guys, as an Internet addict who keeps finding my way back, here are my last predictions. You can make fun of me if they end up being wrong.

Virginia House and Senate: will go D (I won't even bother researching the exact races in order to predict how much)

Louisiana: Rispone 51.5%, JBE 48.5%; however a JBE 50.1%, Rispone 49.9% result or something along those lines is decently possible; you could say it's between Lean R and Tilt R.

Kentucky: Bevin 51%, Beshear 47%, Libertarian 2%. However, there's a small chance for a Beshear 48.2%, Bevin 48.1%, Libertarian 3.7% style victory. You can say it's Lean R.

Mississippi: Hood can't seem to get beyond 45% in the Hickman Analytics(D) polls, ergo I rate it Likely R, possibly Safe. I predict a result similar to the 2018 MS-SEN Special race between Hyde-Smith and Espy. If you factor in that gubernatorial races can be less partisan, you can predict that Hood can mayyybe get up to 48%. I'd still predict something like 50% Reeves, 48% Hood, 2% Third Party. There exists the possibility that it'll be something more like 54% Reeves, 45% Hood, 1% Third Party. And you could even argue that it's possible that Hood will get less than 45%.

Right now the likeliest option for me is something like 53% Reeves, 46% Hood, 1%Third Party.

Edit: by the way I'll do my best not to pop in again until the Iowa Caucus results. Again, normally my 'internet addiction' wouldn't be a problem if I was content to have a regular life, but I yearn for something far more ambitious.

Edit2: Also my hot take for the Iowa Caucus this far out is that there is a decently greater chance of Warren+Buttigieg being in the Top 2 than Bernie+Biden being in the Top 2. Again, I don't have faith in those geezers.

Lol dude thanks but I'm wanting to remain solo forever, and also I'm only like 5'10, it must just be the hair or shoes or cropping or camera angle etc.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1347 on: November 03, 2019, 11:03:29 PM »

So, um, I’ve made 25 posts today because I’m not holding back. Normally I don’t post ~1/2 of what I think on here, or I write up tons of posts and don’t post them. What do you guys think? Should I be more selective in my thoughts or say (almost) everything I think on here?
You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1348 on: November 04, 2019, 11:31:22 PM »

You know, I definitely have my issues, but at least I can take comfort in knowing that, despite the fact that my mental health is in the sh**tter, I'm not quite as crazy as Cole Turner from Charmed.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1349 on: November 05, 2019, 09:05:34 AM »

Election Day. Cast votes for mayor and city council.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies