The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:58:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170353 times)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: July 19, 2019, 12:49:26 AM »

"Race" and "Discrimination" are manufactured issues that mean nothing to people trying to put food on their f**king table.
There is no "discrimination" in this country.
Give me an example of discrimination in America. You can’t.
Epicly roasting me by placing my response here doesn’t change that it’s not a real issue.

Cmon buddy give me some evidence that it’s an issue.

You clearly can’t.

It’s not an issue.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=racism+statistics&s=
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #1051 on: July 19, 2019, 12:52:59 AM »

"Race" and "Discrimination" are manufactured issues that mean nothing to people trying to put food on their f**king table.
Epicly roasting me by placing my response here doesn’t change that it’s not a real issue.

You clearly can’t.

It’s not an issue.

Big Tech won't give reliable answers, you fool. We must restrict our sources of information to a few outlets that tell the truth.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #1052 on: July 19, 2019, 12:55:10 AM »

You clearly can’t.

It’s not an issue.

And this proves your point... how? It’s a google search, you get opinions and polls. I don’t care about either of those. The reality is simple. Of course racism is bad, but it’s not an issue that affects anyone’s daily lives, let alone affecting anyones lives at all. People in this country are struggling to get employed, to make ends meet, to support their children’s future, to have good healthcare, and you seriously think racism is a big issue that is facing us all? What a joke.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1053 on: July 19, 2019, 01:04:02 AM »

Grassr00ts is right. I'm a racial minority myself and racism ranks very, very, very low on the list of problems in my life. In fact I get more racial problems from left-wing women who assume they can talk crap about white people, white conservatives in particular, around me in order to attempt to get on my good side. Note: I don't really consider the previous thing a 'problem' for me, but I definitely come across more things like that than actual racism.

Inefficient bureaucracy, poorly managed public transit, poorly spent taxpayer funds, overly high cost of rent, peers/coworkers/friends/romantic-partners afflicted with depression/anxiety, managerial incompetence, the sheer complexity of balancing a wide variety of activities/obligations for optimal life satisfaction, and other issues, etc all rank much, much, much higher than 'racism.' In my experiences in this country I've also faced more racial vitriol from certain types of people who vote Democratic far more than the types of people who voted for Trump, though I'll state that even that wasn't a huge issue for me. 

I recommend that everyone listen to Grassr00ts more.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1054 on: July 19, 2019, 02:14:28 AM »

You clearly can’t.

It’s not an issue.

And this proves your point... how? It’s a google search, you get opinions and polls. I don’t care about either of those. The reality is simple. Of course racism is bad, but it’s not an issue that affects anyone’s daily lives, let alone affecting anyones lives at all. People in this country are struggling to get employed, to make ends meet, to support their children’s future, to have good healthcare, and you seriously think racism is a big issue that is facing us all? What a joke.

You know, it's funny. I used to think like you. I was a naive white suburban pre-teen who thought we had solved racism and that people discussing racism were just being oversensitive. After all, we had a black President! We did away with legal segregation and Jim Crow decades ago! I hadn't experienced the cruel lash of racism myself, so I assumed it wasn't an issue for anybody in this day and age.

Then I matured a little bit. I got into high school and started to develop more of an interest in politics and the world around me. I befriended more people with backgrounds, races, ethnicities, appearances, cultures, and stories different than my own. I started to read more and pay attention to the news. And I started to realize that my thoughts on racism were foolish and underdeveloped. I didn't think racism was still a problem in this country because I was fortunate enough not to have experienced it personally.

My ignorance was regrettable, but in my own defense, I had yet to be truly exposed to other perspectives. You, on the other hand, have almost certainly been confronted with piles of evidence in your time trolling political communities like this one. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt one more time. Let's review some of the most poignant realities. Let's review racism in this country today.

You talk about race being a distraction from bread and butter issues. People trying to put food on their table. So let's start there. Food insecurity disproportionately impacts racial minorities. While only 9% of white households in the US struggle with food insecurity, it’s a problem for 22% of black households and 18% of Hispanic households. In fact, according to Drexel’s Dr. Mariana Chilton, “you cannot take on poverty and hunger without taking on historical and contemporary discrimination.”

Let’s talk about poverty. According to the Census Bureau, for every $100 earned by white families in the US, black families earn an average of $57.30. That’s just income. In terms of actual wealth, for every $100 held by white families, black families hold $5.04. While only 10.1% of non-Hispanic whites live in poverty, 23.6% of Hispanic Americans do, alongside 26.2% of Black Americans and a shocking 28.3% of Native Americans.

How about jobs? According to Pew, for six or seven straight decades, the black unemployment rate has consistently been twice as high as the white unemployment rate. This affects black college graduates as well. Back in 2014, the unemployment rate for black college graduates was 12.4%. Overall, the unemployment rate for college graduates was 5.6%. Even higher education can’t outpace the scourge of racism. That’s not even getting into the well-attributed phenomenon of people with white sounding names receiving as high as 50% more callbacks for employment than those with stereotypically black names.

Let’s get back to education for a second. Black children are put to a disadvantage as early as preschool, where they make up half of all suspensions per the Department of Education. Across the nation, minority children make up disproportionate percentages of schools that underachieve, largely due to poor funding. According to a paper from the Civil Rights Project, schools with high proportions of minority enrollment are often characterized by "less experienced and less qualified teachers, high levels of teacher turnover, less successful peer groups and inadequate facilities and learning materials." And their problems don’t end in high school. According to the Hechinger Report, 42% of college age white Americans are actually enrolled in college, while only 34% of black and Hispanic Americans the same age are. These students are less likely to go to selective institutions and are less likely to graduate.

Black people make up around 40% of the prison population despite making up 13% of the total population of the country. This is due entirely to institutional racism, sentencing disparities, and racial profiling. Black drivers are 30% more likely to be pulled over by the police and black convicts are 20% more likely to be sentenced to jail time for the same crime (oh, and by the way, their sentences are 20% longer as well.)

Only 42% of black Americans own homes, as compared to 72% of white Americans.

When an implicit bias survey was conducted in 2012, 56% of Americans expressed anti-black attitudes. 57% of Americans expressed anti-Hispanic attitudes.

76% of black and Asian Americans, alongside 58% of Hispanics, said that they had experienced discrimination or unfair treatment at some point in their lives, something that can affect one’s psyche for years.

Let’s not forget about the President of the United States denigrating members of Congress, telling them to go back to their countries and implying their citizenship wasn’t equal to a native-born white American’s. Do you think that promotes a good image of American values in the mind’s eye of children of color?

I could go on for pages and pages, but since I assume you gave up reading a while back, I’ll wrap up with an anecdote. The other day, I attended a roundtable talk put on by some friends of mine. It was intended to discuss race, culture, and disparities here in my home county. Not that someone like you would see the value in this, but I found the perspectives of those who had differences than my own illuminating. Racial disparities exist everywhere, and if you’re not aware of that, you need to look harder. A Latino guy made the salient point that something as simple as trash collection was done with much more care in the whiter portion of my county where he used to live than the less white portion of the county where he lives now. Several Muslim students brought up the difficulties they had experienced attempting to practice their faith in school.

I find it quite telling that you don’t find racism to be a big problem in the US, Grasr00ts. It goes to show that you’re lucky. You’re living in a fantasy land where you haven’t been the victim of these vicious behaviors and, since you’re the kind of person who’s seemingly incapable of understanding other people’s perspectives, you assume that all of this bigotry has vanished. It hasn’t and it’s stunningly naive for you to assume that is has. I encourage you to try and learn from people who don’t think like you and don’t have the same background as you in the future. Like I said, I was once like you. I hadn’t experienced all of this crap so I assumed there was no way it could exist. I was wrong then, and you’re wrong now. Grow up, open your eyes, and listen to others. It might just serve you well.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1055 on: July 19, 2019, 03:13:15 AM »

You clearly can’t.

It’s not an issue.

You know, it's funny. I used to think like you. I was a naive white suburban pre-teen who thought we had solved racism and that people discussing racism were just being oversensitive. After all, we had a black President! We did away with legal segregation and Jim Crow decades ago! I hadn't experienced the cruel lash of racism myself, so I assumed it wasn't an issue for anybody in this day and age.

Then I matured a little bit. I got into high school and started to develop more of an interest in politics and the world around me. I befriended more people with backgrounds, races, ethnicities, appearances, cultures, and stories different than my own. I started to read more and pay attention to the news. And I started to realize that my thoughts on racism were foolish and underdeveloped. I didn't think racism was still a problem in this country because I was fortunate enough not to have experienced it personally.

My ignorance was regrettable, but in my own defense, I had yet to be truly exposed to other perspectives. You, on the other hand, have almost certainly been confronted with piles of evidence in your time trolling political communities like this one. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt one more time. Let's review some of the most poignant realities. Let's review racism in this country today.

You talk about race being a distraction from bread and butter issues. People trying to put food on their table. So let's start there. Food insecurity disproportionately impacts racial minorities. While only 9% of white households in the US struggle with food insecurity, it’s a problem for 22% of black households and 18% of Hispanic households. In fact, according to Drexel’s Dr. Mariana Chilton, “you cannot take on poverty and hunger without taking on historical and contemporary discrimination.”

Let’s talk about poverty. According to the Census Bureau, for every $100 earned by white families in the US, black families earn an average of $57.30. That’s just income. In terms of actual wealth, for every $100 held by white families, black families hold $5.04. While only 10.1% of non-Hispanic whites live in poverty, 23.6% of Hispanic Americans do, alongside 26.2% of Black Americans and a shocking 28.3% of Native Americans.

How about jobs? According to Pew, for six or seven straight decades, the black unemployment rate has consistently been twice as high as the white unemployment rate. This affects black college graduates as well. Back in 2014, the unemployment rate for black college graduates was 12.4%. Overall, the unemployment rate for college graduates was 5.6%. Even higher education can’t outpace the scourge of racism. That’s not even getting into the well-attributed phenomenon of people with white sounding names receiving as high as 50% more callbacks for employment than those with stereotypically black names.

Let’s get back to education for a second. Black children are put to a disadvantage as early as preschool, where they make up half of all suspensions per the Department of Education. Across the nation, minority children make up disproportionate percentages of schools that underachieve, largely due to poor funding. According to a paper from the Civil Rights Project, schools with high proportions of minority enrollment are often characterized by "less experienced and less qualified teachers, high levels of teacher turnover, less successful peer groups and inadequate facilities and learning materials." And their problems don’t end in high school. According to the Hechinger Report, 42% of college age white Americans are actually enrolled in college, while only 34% of black and Hispanic Americans the same age are. These students are less likely to go to selective institutions and are less likely to graduate.

Black people make up around 40% of the prison population despite making up 13% of the total population of the country. This is due entirely to institutional racism, sentencing disparities, and racial profiling. Black drivers are 30% more likely to be pulled over by the police and black convicts are 20% more likely to be sentenced to jail time for the same crime (oh, and by the way, their sentences are 20% longer as well.)

When an implicit bias survey was conducted in 2012, 56% of Americans expressed anti-black attitudes. 57% of Americans expressed anti-Hispanic attitudes.

76% of black and Asian Americans, alongside 58% of Hispanics, said that they had experienced discrimination or unfair treatment at some point in their lives, something that can affect one’s psyche for years.

Let’s not forget about the President of the United States denigrating members of Congress, telling them to go back to their countries and implying their citizenship wasn’t equal to a native-born white American’s. Do you think that promotes a good image of American values in the mind’s eye of children of color?

I could go on for pages and pages, but since I assume you gave up reading a while back, I’ll wrap up with an anecdote. The other day, I attended a roundtable talk put on by some friends of mine. It was intended to discuss race, culture, and disparities here in my home county. Not that someone like you would see the value in this, but I found the perspectives of those who had differences than my own illuminating. Racial disparities exist everywhere, and if you’re not aware of that, you need to look harder. A Latino guy made the salient point that something as simple as trash collection was done with much more care in the whiter portion of my county where he used to live than the less white portion of the county where he lives now. Several Muslim students brought up the difficulties they had experienced attempting to practice their faith in school.

I find it quite telling that you don’t find racism to be a big problem in the US, Grasr00ts. It goes to show that you’re lucky. You’re living in a fantasy land where you haven’t been the victim of these vicious behaviors and, since you’re the kind of person who’s seemingly incapable of understanding other people’s perspectives, you assume that all of this bigotry has vanished. It hasn’t and it’s stunningly naive for you to assume that is has. I encourage you to try and learn from people who don’t think like you and don’t have the same background as you in the future. Like I said, I was once like you. I hadn’t experienced all of this crap so I assumed there was no way it could exist. I was wrong then, and you’re wrong now. Grow up, open your eyes, and listen to others. It might just serve you well.

Purple heart Blue heart Yellow heart Green heart
One of the best posts I've seen here and actually educated me on racism in America too (which I obviously know less well than racism in my country).
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1056 on: July 19, 2019, 03:43:07 AM »

You clearly can’t.

It’s not an issue.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1057 on: July 19, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »

You clearly can’t.

It’s not an issue.

Nice try, but i'm not falling for it. So many things are wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

Don't accuse me of trolling, i'm simply expressing my actual opinion on this issue, and I feel unsatisfied because no one has given me actual evidence against it, at least until now. But I feel that a lot of your evidence is unsubstantiated. And you haven't given me any sources, so I don't know if you are skewing results or just flat out making stuff up. But here I go.

First of all, it's common knowledge that in many cases, minorities are at a worse state than whites. And while a lot of this is because of lasting effects of historical discrimination, most of it has gotten worse in recent days. Home ownership, funding to schools, and poverty statistics, all put minorities on the losing end. The reason? Historical discrimination. Recently, city, state, and the federal government, have implemented and tried to reduce these effects, but nothing changes. Why? Because the actions of the past are a domino effect. The poor state of these areas has generally decayed the societal values of these areas. When given a large sum of money, people are more likely to buy shoes and "drip", as opposed to investing that money into their futures or setting themselves up economically. This means that while these communities are no longer being treated disproportionately by the government, they are still continuing to get worse because of the societal "life is short" values that people live by, plus the overall situation getting worse for lesser income people in this country of all races.

White Americans generally hold better jobs by chance and lasting effect. Minorities have less paying jobs overall, and we can't really change that without the government being a d*ck. The reason for the disparity is lasting effects of location and job experience from a historical age of white advantage. We need to encourage and give easier job training in poorer areas, and make it easier to start a business in poorer areas, rather than use affirmative action.

The prison population inequality, is, and i'm sad to say it, due to minorities generally committing more crimes. I'm quite sure everyone knows this. While whites commit more crimes overall, latinos and african americans generally commit more crimes from a proportional perspective. This is do to societal values which in these poorer areas is more degraded, not race. There is no "institutional racism", its a lie. There is no proof to suggest blacks and hispanics are disproportionately jailed without causing disproportionate cimes.

The poll of racist attitudes sounds baloney. I would like to see where that survey was taken and how many people were polled. In reality, less than 15% of people in this country see any race as lower than their own, and most of that is probably actually minorities towards whites.

Yes, Trump is pandering to the far right and being too rhetorical for comfort, but he condemned the chants at his rallies and has went out of his way to condemn racists. I think he's a bad president, but racism is a buzzword.

I can see where you get your perspective from, but I have got a lot of perspective as well. I live in a pretty high minority area. I see these people, talk to them, and friends with them, and have learned their stories as well. The roots of the problem are poverty and bad areas where these people disproportionately live in, not because of fictional racism.

I've spent my time going through a school system which has plenty of minorities in higher occupations, getting good grades (often better than whites), etc. I live in a generic suburb, which I believe shows that it really depends on where someone lives, rather than their race, when it comes to opportunities. I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

damn you really just pulled a 13% of the population didn’t you
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1058 on: July 19, 2019, 05:35:13 PM »

Grassr00ts, you're an arrogantly ignorant, narrow-minded fool who's obviously not gonna be convinced by anything that anybody (on this forum or otherwise) can say. I think (& can only hope) that we've all come to understand that by now. But for the love of god & all that is holy, please spare us your (as hummus_con_pita rightly referred to it in another thread elsewhere on the forum earlier today) "proud purposeful ignorance."

You are a terrible poster if personal attacks are the only thing you can throw at me. Save that crap for some other forum.

damn you really just pulled a 13% of the population didn’t you

I clearly stated that it's not due to race.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1059 on: July 19, 2019, 05:44:18 PM »

Grassr00ts, you're an arrogantly ignorant, narrow-minded fool who's obviously not gonna be convinced by anything that anybody (on this forum or otherwise) can say. I think (& can only hope) that we've all come to understand that by now. But for the love of god & all that is holy, please spare us your (as hummus_con_pita rightly referred to it in another thread elsewhere on the forum earlier today) "proud purposeful ignorance."

You are a terrible poster if personal attacks are the only thing you can throw at me. Save that crap for some other forum.

Takes one to know one.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1060 on: July 19, 2019, 05:50:52 PM »

Takes one to know one.

You are one.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1061 on: July 19, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »

Takes one to know one.

You are one.

"You are a terrible poster if personal attacks are the only thing you can throw at me. Save that crap for some other forum."
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1062 on: July 19, 2019, 05:58:55 PM »

Seriously guys?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1063 on: July 20, 2019, 09:30:13 AM »

WHAT. THE. HECK.
IS. WRONG. WITH.
ANDREW. CUOMO?

HE. IS. A.
MASSIVE. FREEDOM. FIGHTER.
AND. ONE. OF. THE.
BEST. GOVERNORS.
IN. AMERICA.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1064 on: July 20, 2019, 09:37:48 AM »

WHAT. THE. HECK.
IS. WRONG. WITH.
ANDREW. CUOMO?

HE. IS. A.
AND. ONE. OF. THE.
BEST. GOVERNORS.
IN. AMERICA.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1065 on: July 20, 2019, 02:10:56 PM »

WHAT. THE. HECK.
IS. WRONG. WITH.
ANDREW. CUOMO?

HE. IS. A.
AND. ONE. OF. THE.
BEST. GOVERNORS.
IN. AMERICA.

President Johnson, why do you have a fetish for Andrew Cuomo?
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1066 on: July 20, 2019, 07:02:57 PM »

WHAT. THE. HECK.
IS. WRONG. WITH.
ANDREW. CUOMO?

HE. IS. A.
AND. ONE. OF. THE.
BEST. GOVERNORS.
IN. AMERICA.

Why wouldn't he? He's a #reasonablemoderate
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1067 on: July 20, 2019, 08:36:01 PM »

While whites commit more crimes overall, latinos and african americans generally commit more crimes from a proportional perspective.

This is an incredibly complicated issue.  It's an issue that is uncomfortable, and people SHOULD be uncomfortable in discussing this.  There are many, many aspects of this issue that require serious discussion by serious people who wish more equitable life outcomes for all our citizens, as well as a significant reduction in personal and national pain and anguish.

But there can be NO discussion of issues of "equality" without honestly discussing this.  This discrepancy is what drives much inequality, and much of the negative stats that were mentioned earlier.  This factor drives a great deal of the inequality in income, school suspensions, and incarceration (although I will agree that there is often crass disparity in sentencing, and that is often due to racial bias).  Until we are honest about THIS and this becomes a discussion of ALL sides of the issue, with ALL people (white, black, and all others) speaking to each side and listening to each side (without insisting that people different than them have no right to address them), then there will be no meaningful or effective mitigation to this problem, let alone an permanent solution.  This can't be an "off limits" topic, and it can't be a topic where one side is doing all the talking and other sides are insisting that the other side has no business in the discussion.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1068 on: July 21, 2019, 03:59:06 AM »

WHAT. THE. HECK.
IS. WRONG. WITH.
ANDREW. CUOMO?

HE. IS. A.
AND. ONE. OF. THE.
BEST. GOVERNORS.
IN. AMERICA.

Because he is a very effective chief executive and political leader with quite a record over the past eight years. Cuomo is a pragmatist who gets stuff done and I also like his personal style. Does that mean I support everything he's done or said? Of course not. He's done some mistakes, like everyone, but I don't get the hate for the guy. I'm also a fan of his dad and his brother.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1069 on: July 21, 2019, 07:05:22 AM »

The GOP is not even close to the theoretical maximum in WV, since whites in WV are increasingly voting like whites in the deep south, the maximum % of the white vote the GOP could get is 90% in WV, since the state is 92% white and we assume the GOP can get 35% of the non-white vote overall in WV, that would mean the GOP could get 85% or so of the total vote. There is no reason to believe Harris can't drop below 20% in WV.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1070 on: July 21, 2019, 09:42:59 AM »

The GOP is not even close to the theoretical maximum in WV, since whites in WV are increasingly voting like whites in the deep south, the maximum % of the white vote the GOP could get is 90% in WV, since the state is 92% white and we assume the GOP can get 35% of the non-white vote overall in WV, that would mean the GOP could get 85% or so of the total vote. There is no reason to believe Harris can't drop below 20% in WV.
It's not entirely impossible for a Republican to get 90% in WV, but that candidate literally would have to be a native West Virginian. They're very big on that up there. Being from WV originally is a major plus compared to being, say, someone from Florida who moved there at some point.

My grandma was a West Virginia native who considered the state to be the northernmost state of the south. Another relative, who grew up in New Jersey before doing high school and college in West Virginia, thinks it is the southernmost northern state. Perspectives on the state are mixed in many ways. You'd need someone who could appeal almost universally to people in both groupings. Someone like a native West Virginian version of Dwight Eisenhower.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1071 on: July 21, 2019, 01:31:27 PM »

WHAT. THE. HECK.
IS. WRONG. WITH.
ANDREW. CUOMO?

HE. IS. A.
AND. ONE. OF. THE.
BEST. GOVERNORS.
IN. AMERICA.

Because he is a very effective chief executive and political leader with quite a record over the past eight years. Cuomo is a pragmatist who gets stuff done and I also like his personal style. Does that mean I support everything he's done or said? Of course not. He's done some mistakes, like everyone, but I don't get the hate for the guy. I'm also a fan of his dad and his brother.

One word: corruption.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1072 on: July 21, 2019, 06:13:18 PM »

AtorBoltox

« Reply #1073 on: July 21, 2019, 08:10:53 PM »

You clearly can’t.

It’s not an issue.

Nice try, but i'm not falling for it. So many things are wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

Don't accuse me of trolling, i'm simply expressing my actual opinion on this issue, and I feel unsatisfied because no one has given me actual evidence against it, at least until now. But I feel that a lot of your evidence is unsubstantiated. And you haven't given me any sources, so I don't know if you are skewing results or just flat out making stuff up. But here I go.

First of all, it's common knowledge that in many cases, minorities are at a worse state than whites. And while a lot of this is because of lasting effects of historical discrimination, most of it has gotten worse in recent days. Home ownership, funding to schools, and poverty statistics, all put minorities on the losing end. The reason? Historical discrimination. Recently, city, state, and the federal government, have implemented and tried to reduce these effects, but nothing changes. Why? Because the actions of the past are a domino effect. The poor state of these areas has generally decayed the societal values of these areas. When given a large sum of money, people are more likely to buy shoes and "drip", as opposed to investing that money into their futures or setting themselves up economically. This means that while these communities are no longer being treated disproportionately by the government, they are still continuing to get worse because of the societal "life is short" values that people live by, plus the overall situation getting worse for lesser income people in this country of all races.

White Americans generally hold better jobs by chance and lasting effect. Minorities have less paying jobs overall, and we can't really change that without the government being a d*ck. The reason for the disparity is lasting effects of location and job experience from a historical age of white advantage. We need to encourage and give easier job training in poorer areas, and make it easier to start a business in poorer areas, rather than use affirmative action.

The prison population inequality, is, and i'm sad to say it, due to minorities generally committing more crimes. I'm quite sure everyone knows this. While whites commit more crimes overall, latinos and african americans generally commit more crimes from a proportional perspective. This is do to societal values which in these poorer areas is more degraded, not race. There is no "institutional racism", its a lie. There is no proof to suggest blacks and hispanics are disproportionately jailed without causing disproportionate cimes.

The poll of racist attitudes sounds baloney. I would like to see where that survey was taken and how many people were polled. In reality, less than 15% of people in this country see any race as lower than their own, and most of that is probably actually minorities towards whites.

Yes, Trump is pandering to the far right and being too rhetorical for comfort, but he condemned the chants at his rallies and has went out of his way to condemn racists. I think he's a bad president, but racism is a buzzword.

I can see where you get your perspective from, but I have got a lot of perspective as well. I live in a pretty high minority area. I see these people, talk to them, and friends with them, and have learned their stories as well. The roots of the problem are poverty and bad areas where these people disproportionately live in, not because of fictional racism.

I've spent my time going through a school system which has plenty of minorities in higher occupations, getting good grades (often better than whites), etc. I live in a generic suburb, which I believe shows that it really depends on where someone lives, rather than their race, when it comes to opportunities. I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1074 on: July 22, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »

So it's ok to dishonor your parents, cheat on your significant other, convent stuff owned by other people, bear false witness, and murder people?

Sigh.

Do you wish to stone unruly children and fornicators?

Regards
DL

Again, does not apply.

Cowards can never be moral.

Regards
DL
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies