I went to a Gillibrand event tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:19:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  I went to a Gillibrand event tonight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I went to a Gillibrand event tonight  (Read 3091 times)
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2019, 12:27:58 AM »

Did a black man slap your girlfriend's ass at a GameStop?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »

Did a black man slap your girlfriend's ass at a GameStop?
No, but racism isn’t an issue.
You think this guy is even capable of getting a girlfriend?
Yes, I already have, but deflecting isn’t going to do anything when racism isn’t a freaking issue.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2019, 12:45:53 AM »

Some thoughts:

- Say what you will about Gillibrand, one thing she is not is low energy. She could really carry the room, and pretty much never paused or said "um" when speaking.

- She dropped the F bomb twice, which surprised me. But even as a cursing prude, I thought both were pretty acceptable in context.

- She really hit it out of the park on questions about race and discrimination. I think she has a lot of room to grow among the - dare I say - "NYC Millennial Minority" demographic.

- The crowd was definitely overwhelmingly female, LGBT, and young, but not overwhelmingly white. It may have been disproportionately white, given the demographics of DC democrats, but there was definitely plenty diversity. The average age was probably somewhere around 25.

- The person she was on stage at the debate is pretty much exactly who she is in person, whatever you think of that.

- She only played the "when I am president" line once, and made a very clear point about voting for whoever the Democrats nominate.

- The place where the event was held was probably the single most woke Millennial type place I have ever been in my life. If someone walked in with a MAGA hat, I imagine some sort of matter-anti-matter reaction would happen and the whole city would be destroyed. It had really comfy chairs, though.

"Race" and "Discrimination" are manufactured issues that mean nothing to people trying to put food on their f**king table. Unsurprisingly, her base consists entirely of people (wealthy, entitled millenials) who have no problem doing that.

Thanks for this post, OP. I hate her even more now.

You know, in that answer, she specifically mentioned how discourse surrounding discrimination alienates impoverished and disadvangtaged whites, and why and how we can address that. It is actually possible to care about more than one issue at a time.

There is no "discrimination" in this country. As I said, it's a manufactured issue, used mainly to pander to politically ignorant minorities.

You live in a bubble if you think this

Give me an example of discrimination in America. You can’t.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2019/01/23/gay-marriage-discrimination-fair-housing-column/2644060002/

That’s a private community and they have the right to deny anyone they want.
So you're saying that discrimination is good, and federal government shouldn't stop others from doing it?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2019, 12:47:50 AM »

Some thoughts:

- Say what you will about Gillibrand, one thing she is not is low energy. She could really carry the room, and pretty much never paused or said "um" when speaking.

- She dropped the F bomb twice, which surprised me. But even as a cursing prude, I thought both were pretty acceptable in context.

- She really hit it out of the park on questions about race and discrimination. I think she has a lot of room to grow among the - dare I say - "NYC Millennial Minority" demographic.

- The crowd was definitely overwhelmingly female, LGBT, and young, but not overwhelmingly white. It may have been disproportionately white, given the demographics of DC democrats, but there was definitely plenty diversity. The average age was probably somewhere around 25.

- The person she was on stage at the debate is pretty much exactly who she is in person, whatever you think of that.

- She only played the "when I am president" line once, and made a very clear point about voting for whoever the Democrats nominate.

- The place where the event was held was probably the single most woke Millennial type place I have ever been in my life. If someone walked in with a MAGA hat, I imagine some sort of matter-anti-matter reaction would happen and the whole city would be destroyed. It had really comfy chairs, though.

"Race" and "Discrimination" are manufactured issues that mean nothing to people trying to put food on their f**king table. Unsurprisingly, her base consists entirely of people (wealthy, entitled millenials) who have no problem doing that.

You know, in that answer, she specifically mentioned how discourse surrounding discrimination alienates impoverished and disadvangtaged whites, and why and how we can address that. It is actually possible to care about more than one issue at a time.

There is no "discrimination" in this country. As I said, it's a manufactured issue, used mainly to pander to politically ignorant minorities.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2019/01/23/gay-marriage-discrimination-fair-housing-column/2644060002/

So you're saying that discrimination is good, and federal government shouldn't stop others from doing it?
You clearly support it when it comes to people preventing MAGA hat wearers from shopping at their store. Someone owns a private neighborhood, it’s technically their property.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2019, 02:14:58 AM »

Wow I was at that event too. In DC for work. She really was killer. She has always been so smart, and unfairly overlooked. Also saw Cory Booker, which was cool.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 02:28:34 AM »

Some thoughts:

You clearly support it when it comes to people preventing MAGA hat wearers from shopping at their store. Someone owns a private neighborhood, it’s technically their property.
Wait, I thought discrimination doesn't exist in America?Huh But it does of course with republicans, who are always the victim. Also, you just said "discrimination in America", so even if the government doesn't interefere, does that change the fact that it is discrimination?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 08:45:41 AM »

Guys, Grassr00ts is clearly just trying to derail this thread. I can only assume it's because he sees Gillibrand as a major threat to Republican control.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 12:53:05 PM »

Some thoughts:

Wait, I thought discrimination doesn't exist in America?Huh But it does of course with republicans, who are always the victim. Also, you just said "discrimination in America", so even if the government doesn't interefere, does that change the fact that it is discrimination?
That's not discrimination, it's refusal of service. And changing such laws would be autocratic.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 12:57:10 PM »

Some thoughts:

That's not discrimination, it's refusal of service. And changing such laws would be autocratic.
I understand your political opinion on the issue and agree to some extent, but it objectively is discrimination that comes in the form of refusal of service. This is the definition of discrimination-the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 01:20:39 PM »

Some thoughts:

I understand your political opinion on the issue and agree to some extent, but it objectively is discrimination that comes in the form of refusal of service. This is the definition of discrimination-the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
It's not discrimination by any extent. Refusal of service never has, and never should be put as a type of discrimination. And example of discrimination would be a town or public community not allowing POC, but a private community is different.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 01:23:18 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2019, 07:42:54 PM by Speaker YE »

Guys, Grassr00ts is clearly just trying to derail this thread. I can only assume it's because he sees Gillibrand as a major threat to Republican control.
No i'm not. I don't view Gillibrand as a serious contender at all, and clearly neither do a lot of you people.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 01:26:54 PM »

Some thoughts:

Should the Civil Rights Act be repealed?
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »

Some thoughts:

No?
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2019, 01:29:38 PM »

Some thoughts:

No?

But it prohibits private businesses from discriminating based on race. Isn't that "autocratic"?
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2019, 07:32:17 PM by Speaker YE »

Some thoughts:

No?

Here you go.

https://www.povertyactionlab.org/evaluation/discrimination-job-market-united-states

Boobs
HCP
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2019, 01:32:34 PM »

Y'all, from what you've learned about Grassroots through his posting history, is he really worth the effort and time to reply to? Just put him on ignore and forget about his proud purposeful ignorance.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2019, 01:41:06 PM »

Some thoughts:

You're either ignorant, stupid, or both.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2019, 01:55:19 PM »

Some thoughts:

I'm neither.

Y'all, from what you've learned about Grassroots through his posting history, is he really worth the effort and time to reply to? Just put him on ignore and forget about his proud purposeful ignorance.

You people aren't replying to me, you are literally just calling me ignorant and such and walking away. Learn to respond to people with opposing opinions rather than putting that person on ignore.

Some thoughts:

No?

Here you go, Nick.

https://www.povertyactionlab.org/evaluation/discrimination-job-market-united-states

Wow, is 2000 to 2002 the best you could come up with? Honestly, I don't think any discrimination based on that occurs in the 2010's, let alone 2019 area.

Some thoughts:

No?

But it prohibits private businesses from discriminating based on race. Isn't that "autocratic"?

It doesnt. It bans discrimination in schools, employment, and public accommodations. Not private businesses. And it only does so for race.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »

No i'm not. I don't view Gillibrand as a serious contender at all, and clearly neither do a lot of you people.

Okay, prove me wrong. Stop posting in this thread and make your own "does discrimination/racism exist in America" thread somewhere else.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »

Okay, prove me wrong. Stop posting in this thread and make your own "does discrimination/racism exist in America" thread somewhere else.

I don't even need to. I'm already arguing with people on the "bad posts" thread.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2019, 03:44:45 PM »

Some thoughts:

I'm neither.

You people aren't replying to me, you are literally just calling me ignorant and such and walking away. Learn to respond to people with opposing opinions rather than putting that person on ignore.

Some thoughts:

No?

Here you go, Nick.

Wow, is 2000 to 2002 the best you could come up with? Honestly, I don't think any discrimination based on that occurs in the 2010's, let alone 2019 area.

Some thoughts:

No?

It doesnt. It bans discrimination in schools, employment, and public accommodations. Not private businesses. And it only does so for race.

Who are you to say that there's no racism/discrimination?  Just because it hasn't happened to you?  Go away.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2019, 04:50:51 PM »

Huh?

Not sure if the confusing part here is Gillibrand giving good answers or the NYC Millenial Minority part, but if it's the latter, I wasn't refering to the poster (except as a joke). I just meant she gave answers that showed that she was a lot more in touch on those sorts of issues than, say Buttigieg, and might have an opening among young urban minorities.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »

Back on topic, guys, or I will have to split this exchange fueled by Grasroots into its own thread on grounds on thread derailment (which I nearly did anyway but it's a pain in the ass to do so I'm giving you guys a second chance).

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies