The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 10:42:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 171967 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: June 17, 2019, 09:36:53 AM »

Hilarious density and lack of reading comprehension on display:
That's a good way to alienate a large chunk of their base voters.

Minorities are very skeptical of those sources. Black women don't like it when a rich bro from Brooklyn tells them to bend over their knees.

Black women probably also don't like it when a white guy from Delaware projects his own opinions onto them.

Except actual real live black women have made it very clear they like that white guy from Delaware far more than they do the other white guy from Brooklyn. And you projecting your own opinions onto them (when it is very clear to anyone who cares to find out what their actual opinions are), while simultaneously projecting your own qualities onto others, is far more condescending than anything Biden could ever say.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #951 on: June 17, 2019, 10:55:00 AM »

Republicans always poll about 10% less than their final results in Safe R states.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #952 on: June 17, 2019, 02:07:55 PM »

As much as I hate all the outlets you've just listed, I feel I have to (*shudder*) defend the Young Turks here. TYT is not even remotely in the same league as Chapo Trap House. Yes, they're a bunch of progressive idiots who are certainly to the left of the average Democrat, but they're not communists. CTH has more in common with The Daily Stormer than it does with TYT.

This whole thread is a f#cking dumpster fire.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #953 on: June 17, 2019, 03:54:04 PM »

In 2016 the state went 63-33 for Trump. At the moment Trump is seeing a mild dip from his 2016 performance, some of this you can see from his national approval rating which is down a few points than the popular vote victory he had in 2016. Not to mention not everyone is decided either. #objective
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #954 on: June 18, 2019, 04:48:34 PM »

If Trump's approval rating is +14 in South Carolina, Harrison's ceiling is probably about -14. The 2018 elections taught me that everything is nationalized, now and probably forever.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #955 on: June 18, 2019, 06:45:37 PM »

It's Hitler in mid-April 1945 thinking that he was going to win the war.
Hitler knew that everything was over by then, there is a lot of misconseptions about Hitler in general besides the laughable assertions that he was an incompetent buffoon (most likely stemming from German generals who placed their mistakes/military failures on Hitler). Infact, contrary to common belief, he was a brilliant strategist and one of the smartest tacticians in the 20-century, starting from his rise to the position of the fuhrer, to his millitary victories in the West and East, only to be stopped from the sheer strength of the allies.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #956 on: June 18, 2019, 11:57:36 PM »

Democracy and capitalism are headed for a divorce, and capitalism will be the winner. It deserves the win, too. Democratic ideals are founded on a false idea of equality that has no basis in reality. Any boob can see that differences between individuals are vast and contribute massively to a person's success (or lack thereof). The lie of equality is perpetuated only so that weak-willed people can feel that their own failures were not within their control. I'm not talking about the poor black kid in Compton who never had a lick of economic opportunity in his life here-- I'm talking about people like the ones I went to high school with. You know, entitled, spoiled bratty white kids with helicopter parents who bought them a Lexus for their fifteenth birthday, and who (despite having every possible advantage in life) burned their brains out with weed and ended up moving back in with mommy and daddy after college. They love the idea of everybody getting an equal share because they know they're not bringing anything to the potluck. Tell me that these people deserve a "Freedom Dividend" or even a vote, I dare you.

Voting is ridiculous. American democracy asserts that the subjective, ill-informed, bullsh**t opinion of some uneducated (sorry, "low-information") voter in Frog Balls, Arkansas is worth as much as the input of well-educated, civic-minded people like the ones on this forum. It's just absurd. Majority rule is a wretched, utilitarian way of governing a nation and it deserves to be cast into the dustbin of history. If 51 or 66 or 72 or 99 percent of the public shares the same opinion, that should not affect me one iota if I think they're wrong. They have no right to affect my life through the voting process just because we've all arbitrarily decided that "everybody's vote counts."

I have my own problems with capitalism, but at least it's meritocratic.

You want to discuss my thoughts, or just sneakily make cowardly posts on other threads like this?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #957 on: June 21, 2019, 05:28:56 PM »

How about the Republicans being like the DUP?
Well, they have certain tendencies which you find in the Republicans but not so much in other UK parties, mainly those associated with the Christian Right, but overall Northern Ireland politics is sufficiently weird that comparisons don't work that well.
As far as religion and gun ownership goes, the similarities are striking. The DUP's radical bigoted evangelicalism would have its place in Alabama today, excoriating Catholics instead of agnostics. Ian Paisley remarked after the Pope's death that "this Romish man of sin is now in Hell", and described Catholics as those who “breed like rabbits and multiply like vermin”.

But the DUP are the definition of a single-issue party:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ME45v08fQ0&pbjreload=10

And in that sense it doesn't quite fit with the Republicans, who have multiple wings as well as the frothing Religious: the progressives (Baker, Scott, Sununu, Hogan...), the reasonable (people like Amash, Collins, the former Walter Jones...), the libertarians (Rand), and the authoritarians (Trump' manservants)

IMO most British Conservatives would be Republicans if they'd launched a US political career, and most US Democrats would either be Labour or Lib Dem in the UK.  I'm sure there are exceptions but in general I think Democrats aren't motivated by the same sorts of things as Tories and vice versa, except of course where they're mainly motivated by whatever suits their own careers best.
I agree with you. I'd argue it would be far easier for a British politician to gain mild success in America than vice versa. The sort of US politicians who could climb their way the British ladder are the low-key but relatively high-quality moderates - .e.g. Greg Walden for the Republicans, and quite a few Democrats - someone like Denny Heck or Mike Quigley would fit in well as an average Labour MP.
I vehemently agree. That a Labourite MP would join the Democratic party makes no doubt, but it doesn't follow that a Democrat would join the Labour party.

In fact, as far as taxes, business and interventionism goes, I think the vast majority of the house Dems would part ways with Corbyn and feel closer to a Cameron or a May.

Does no one at the Tory party understand all this could have been done in one day, without shenanigans, with ranked ballot voting? Rank candidates in order. Machine tells you who wins while maximising voter satisfaction.
They're wasting so much time for nothing with this baby version of it.

That said, I think Tories would presumably say that they want the inter-ballot jockeying, that they'd like to see how candidates respond to changes in the dynamics and that they are open to the idea of lesser-ranked candidates endorsing better-ranked ones. I'm not saying this is correct, but I think this would be the argument.
But that would be balderdash. The only case RBV doesn't cover is if MPs actually shift their vote on who is to become prime minister in a month. That some could change their mind on such a momentous matter in a few hours reveals a appalling lack of conviction.
They're not all weathervanes, are they?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #958 on: June 21, 2019, 07:59:20 PM »

Parker and Stone (sane, normal, etc)

MacFarlane's shows tend to be garbage (can't recall a single time I ever so much as chuckled at an episode of FG, for example). 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #959 on: June 22, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »

Context:

His gaslighting of Medicare for All will prevent him from polling well.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #960 on: June 22, 2019, 12:20:51 PM »

Umm... Why Volusia? I think there's next to zero chance it flips.

It was very close in 2012 and has an important urban area.

Its been majorly trending right tho Trump won it by a lot Nelson and Gillum lost by double digits

That's because of Russia interfering.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #961 on: June 22, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »

Massive FF move. I want my undocumented friends and neighbors being protected by the government, not persecuted by it.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #962 on: June 22, 2019, 06:18:28 PM »

Massive FF move. I want my undocumented friends and neighbors being protected by the government, not persecuted by it.

I see nothing absurd or ignorant about having empathy for undocumented immigrants who are upstanding members of the community and not a threat to anyone.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #963 on: June 22, 2019, 06:22:42 PM »

The irony:

Boobs
HCP
« Reply #964 on: June 22, 2019, 06:49:02 PM »

delete thy account
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #965 on: June 22, 2019, 08:14:34 PM »

I don't think so. I give him credit for cancelling the air strike. That was for now the right decision. However, I don't think he will hesitate to use force if Iran further provokes him. The Iranians should tone down and return to the table.

I didn't know the Iranians were the ones who left the table, but I must've been wrong,
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #966 on: June 22, 2019, 09:46:04 PM »

Honestly, it seems like many view calling someone a racist as worse than racism itself.

That's because around here, the label is abused to slander and libel people.  If a great many people openly called people "racists" for the reasons they do here in real life, by name, they would be subject to slander and libel laws.

One is not a racist because they oppose Affirmative Action.  One is not racist because they support Voter ID.  One is not racist because they oppose open borders and desire existing immigration laws to be changed.  One is not racist because they question a good deal of legitimacy of the complaints toward law enforcement.  These are political issues that, to some degree, crystallize along racial and ethnic lines, but there are logical, principled reasons to support/oppose all of those positions, and positions on similar issues.  And the floodgates on this issue are about to open wide with the upcoming debates on "repirations" (which I am opposed to on grounds of any number of principles that have nothing to do with race.

It's one thing to ban a person with 10K posts at Stormfront.  It's another thing to label a person a "racist" and ban them because they oppose the removal of Confederate monuments.  And people know that; they know the nuances of that issue (as well as the issue of whether or not Confederate Troops should be called "traitors").  
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #967 on: June 23, 2019, 07:20:30 AM »

Check out the poll results and see how asinine this strawman is.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #968 on: June 23, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »

Likely D. Tim Ryan's stupid presidential run may hurt him but a typical Republican in a neutral or D-friendly year is not going to win. At the presidential level, nobody should be calling this Safe D.

This ended up being kind of a dummymander on the GOP's part because they could've made some other districts slightly more Democratic in turn to get this one a little more Republican and therefore be more winnable. But only one more cycle of it anyway.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #969 on: June 23, 2019, 01:41:39 PM »

LMAO

What's Cornyn's reason for tweeting this 🤔
Maybe trying to raise awareness about the fact that the hispanics are coming in massive hordes, trying to replace the people (Anglo-Americans) that made Texas into what it is. Before you scream racist, I want you to just look at California, they let too many illegals in, and because of this, Anglos have lost dominance, essentially turning into a liberal cesspool. By the time Wilson got elected, it was already too late.

But I know better than to call this post r*cist, because that would be an "offensive personal attack", and would make me one of those "SJWs", since everyone living outside the liberal ivory tower bubble knows racism is dead (expect against white Christian men.)

Either way, has this thread been named after this totally not r*cist poster before?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #970 on: June 23, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »

LMAO

Maybe trying to raise awareness about the fact that the hispanics are coming in massive hordes, trying to replace the people (Anglo-Americans) that made Texas into what it is. Before you scream racist, I want you to just look at California, they let too many illegals in, and because of this, Anglos have lost dominance, essentially turning into a liberal cesspool. By the time Wilson got elected, it was already too late.

But I know better than to call this post r*cist, because that would be an "offensive personal attack", and would make me one of those "SJWs", since everyone living outside the liberal ivory tower bubble knows racism is dead (expect against white Christian men.)

Either way, has this thread been named after this totally not r*cist poster before?

It's the deluge for absurd and ignorant posts, not racist ones.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #971 on: June 23, 2019, 02:10:13 PM »

LMAO

It's the deluge for absurd and ignorant posts, not racist ones.

Racism is absurd and ignorant

Racists are absurd and ignorant
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #972 on: June 23, 2019, 03:02:24 PM »

Context: FDR v. Dewey, 1940

Bonus for using wrong electoral votes number.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #973 on: June 23, 2019, 03:03:22 PM »

MacFarlane's shows tend to be garbage (can't recall a single time I ever so much as chuckled at an episode of FG, for example). 

You must've accidentally put the quote here, instead of the Simple Truths Gallery.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #974 on: June 23, 2019, 03:19:21 PM »

You must've accidentally put the quote here, instead of the Simple Truths Gallery.
I thought you liked Family Guy.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies