The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 10:07:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170347 times)
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: July 14, 2019, 10:48:25 PM »

Makeup is literally a sexual signal.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1026 on: July 15, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »

A huge take: Kerry lost OH in 2004 because Edwards had little foreign policy knowledge? Roll Eyes

Co and NV are fallbacks for OH-18, since the state has gone GOP, John Kerry would of won OH if Gephardt,  not Edwards was selected as Veep. Edwards has zero foreign policy knowledge. Dubya knew that. It was an error on Bob Shrum's part to give Veep to Edwards, who had a sex scandal in 2008, anyways
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1027 on: July 15, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »

A huge take: Kerry lost OH in 2004 because Edwards had little foreign policy knowledge? Roll Eyes

Co and NV are fallbacks for OH-18, since the state has gone GOP, John Kerry would of won OH if Gephardt,  not Edwards was selected as Veep. Edwards has zero foreign policy knowledge. Dubya knew that. It was an error on Bob Shrum's part to give Veep to Edwards, who had a sex scandal in 2008, anyways
Olowakandi posts always cause brain cell damage whenever a person attempts to read them.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #1028 on: July 15, 2019, 03:47:24 PM »

Olowakandi posts always cause brain cell damage whenever a person attempts to read them.

Just like alcohol, and we all know how much people love alcohol!
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1029 on: July 16, 2019, 09:28:22 AM »

MN flipping to Trump is the most likely of all of these.

AZ flipping to the Dem is very plausible even in a Trump win, indeed I could see a Trump wins MN/Dem wins AZ scenario pretty easily.

GA is possible if the Dem is winning by at least 5ish but probably doesn't flip until 2024.

TX will have to wait for 2024 or more likely 2028.

Also PA flipping back to the Dem is IMO about as likely as AZ flipping, but MI and WI will be much harder flips.

This outcome (290 Trump/248 Dem) is very plausible:

I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1030 on: July 16, 2019, 12:53:11 PM »

Trump has no chance at winning re-election because he makes me feel bad and to cope with that fact I'm going to claim that factors like mean tweets, the Russia hoax, dubious accusations of bigotry, rich people making more money than poor people, and butthurt losers like me being energized will hurt him far more than they actually will. I'm going to make over 9000 posts on Atlas to try to convince myself of my delusions.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1031 on: July 16, 2019, 01:01:48 PM »

Shoutouts to Democratic leadership for making all this possible
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1032 on: July 16, 2019, 01:16:57 PM »

Shoutouts to Democratic leadership for making all this possible

The poll Trump cited (which is fifty shades of problematic in and of itself) was literally commissioned by House Democrats lol
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1033 on: July 16, 2019, 04:33:55 PM »

Yo wtf

I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1034 on: July 16, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »

Did you take that screenshot using a potato powered 90s laptop? I can barely read it. I don't even know which poster is that.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1035 on: July 16, 2019, 07:44:31 PM »

Did you take that screenshot using a potato powered 90s laptop? I can barely read it. I don't even know which poster is that.

Yeah, I'm poor.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1036 on: July 16, 2019, 07:45:59 PM »

Yeah, I'm poor.

maybe I should Paypal or Venmo you $1500 later
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1037 on: July 16, 2019, 07:54:10 PM »

Yeah, I'm poor.

Do not allow the left to gain our wealth. We control the vast majority of wealth in this country, and we need to keep it that away by only supporting each other. Even if the money goes to a Trump-supportive business, you are first reducing a hardcore dissident's possible debt burden.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1038 on: July 16, 2019, 08:11:48 PM »

Yeah, I'm poor.

Do not allow the left to gain our wealth. We control the vast majority of wealth in this country, and we need to keep it that away by only supporting each other. Even if the money goes to a Trump-supportive business, you are first reducing a hardcore dissident's possible debt burden.

Good point. I was just about to get ready to send it too! Sorry Bagel
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1039 on: July 16, 2019, 09:53:13 PM »

Yeah, I'm poor.

Man... what happened to the Atlas Hilarious post thread.....

I was looking to cross-post it right now, but couldn't find it.   Sad

But seriously, I do believe that Publicly funded High Schools and Universities should provide laptops to students to reduce the educational inequality gap in America, so that wealthier and middle-class parents that might be able to afford an extra PC / Laptop don't have an extra edge over those who do not.

This should come of State education budgets, but funded with Federal $$$ as part of a "block grant" from the DOE and adjusted annually into the budget as part of forecasting numbers to allow for cheapest possible procurement numbers from the largest and most established PC/laptop manufacturers.

Now, we could always specify that these belong to companies such as Dell, HP, Apple, which actually have corporate HQs located in the USA (or use other methods to negotiate with the large Tech companies that are feeling screwed with Trump's China policy, especially vis-a-vis disruption to their global supply chains at the last minute).

Trump could sign the bill, and now you have a huge chunk of voters (parents with kids) that will actually see something positive happening in Washington (Even under the Trump administration), and maybe who knows he might be able to take credit for that as part of his 2020 reelection bid....

Hopefully Trump campaign Operatives are not reading this post on Atlas..... what did I do?Huh    Sad

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1040 on: July 16, 2019, 11:34:55 PM »

this society (even on the political right) seems to be turning more and more away from Him every day.

We can only hope.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1041 on: July 17, 2019, 02:14:59 AM »

Yeah, I'm poor.

Man... what happened to the Atlas Hilarious post thread.....

I was looking to cross-post it right now, but couldn't find it.   Sad

But seriously, I do believe that Publicly funded High Schools and Universities should provide laptops to students to reduce the educational inequality gap in America, so that wealthier and middle-class parents that might be able to afford an extra PC / Laptop don't have an extra edge over those who do not.

This should come of State education budgets, but funded with Federal $$$ as part of a "block grant" from the DOE and adjusted annually into the budget as part of forecasting numbers to allow for cheapest possible procurement numbers from the largest and most established PC/laptop manufacturers.

Now, we could always specify that these belong to companies such as Dell, HP, Apple, which actually have corporate HQs located in the USA (or use other methods to negotiate with the large Tech companies that are feeling screwed with Trump's China policy, especially vis-a-vis disruption to their global supply chains at the last minute).

Trump could sign the bill, and now you have a huge chunk of voters (parents with kids) that will actually see something positive happening in Washington (Even under the Trump administration), and maybe who knows he might be able to take credit for that as part of his 2020 reelection bid....

Hopefully Trump campaign Operatives are not reading this post on Atlas..... what did I do?Huh    Sad

Thank you, I will forward this idea to the higher ups.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1042 on: July 18, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »

Okay, so you're not even going to list any options where the incumbent loses?
No because it's not going to happen.

Context: thread about what election 2020 will look like
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1043 on: July 19, 2019, 12:21:47 AM »

Some thoughts:

- Say what you will about Gillibrand, one thing she is not is low energy. She could really carry the room, and pretty much never paused or said "um" when speaking.

- She dropped the F bomb twice, which surprised me. But even as a cursing prude, I thought both were pretty acceptable in context.

- She really hit it out of the park on questions about race and discrimination. I think she has a lot of room to grow among the - dare I say - "NYC Millennial Minority" demographic.

- The crowd was definitely overwhelmingly female, LGBT, and young, but not overwhelmingly white. It may have been disproportionately white, given the demographics of DC democrats, but there was definitely plenty diversity. The average age was probably somewhere around 25.

- The person she was on stage at the debate is pretty much exactly who she is in person, whatever you think of that.

- She only played the "when I am president" line once, and made a very clear point about voting for whoever the Democrats nominate.

- The place where the event was held was probably the single most woke Millennial type place I have ever been in my life. If someone walked in with a MAGA hat, I imagine some sort of matter-anti-matter reaction would happen and the whole city would be destroyed. It had really comfy chairs, though.

"Race" and "Discrimination" are manufactured issues that mean nothing to people trying to put food on their f**king table. Unsurprisingly, her base consists entirely of people (wealthy, entitled millenials) who have no problem doing that.

Thanks for this post, OP. I hate her even more now.

I'm pretty sure that racism matters to black working class people trying to feed their kids. Or do you not believe that black people work?

Racism isn’t an issue.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1044 on: July 19, 2019, 12:26:54 AM »

If you read their page you'd see their left-right index only accounts for economic positions, not social ones.

Given this, it's not absurd to consider that Trump himself is not that right-wing, and certainly not as far right as some free-marketers in the Dem party.

Overall, it faithfully reflects how economically right-wing American politics are compared to European ones.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1045 on: July 19, 2019, 12:28:43 AM »

Some thoughts:

- Say what you will about Gillibrand, one thing she is not is low energy. She could really carry the room, and pretty much never paused or said "um" when speaking.

- She dropped the F bomb twice, which surprised me. But even as a cursing prude, I thought both were pretty acceptable in context.

- She really hit it out of the park on questions about race and discrimination. I think she has a lot of room to grow among the - dare I say - "NYC Millennial Minority" demographic.

- The crowd was definitely overwhelmingly female, LGBT, and young, but not overwhelmingly white. It may have been disproportionately white, given the demographics of DC democrats, but there was definitely plenty diversity. The average age was probably somewhere around 25.

- The person she was on stage at the debate is pretty much exactly who she is in person, whatever you think of that.

- She only played the "when I am president" line once, and made a very clear point about voting for whoever the Democrats nominate.

- The place where the event was held was probably the single most woke Millennial type place I have ever been in my life. If someone walked in with a MAGA hat, I imagine some sort of matter-anti-matter reaction would happen and the whole city would be destroyed. It had really comfy chairs, though.

"Race" and "Discrimination" are manufactured issues that mean nothing to people trying to put food on their f**king table. Unsurprisingly, her base consists entirely of people (wealthy, entitled millenials) who have no problem doing that.

I'm pretty sure that racism matters to black working class people trying to feed their kids. Or do you not believe that black people work?

Racism isn’t an issue.

It isn’t.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1046 on: July 19, 2019, 12:30:21 AM »

Some thoughts:

Racism isn’t an issue.

It isn’t.
Epicly roasting me by placing my response here doesn’t change that it’s not a real issue.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #1047 on: July 19, 2019, 12:39:08 AM »

Some thoughts:

Racism isn’t an issue.

It isn’t.
Epicly roasting me by placing my response here doesn’t change that it’s not a real issue.
It isn’t an issue.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1048 on: July 19, 2019, 12:42:51 AM »

"Race" and "Discrimination" are manufactured issues that mean nothing to people trying to put food on their f**king table.
There is no "discrimination" in this country.
Give me an example of discrimination in America. You can’t.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1049 on: July 19, 2019, 12:46:32 AM »

By the way, Grassr00t's username is spelled with two zeros and not two o's. Whoever edited this thread should keep that in mind.

0 = zero, which is a number. It is an abstract concept representing the absence of any quantifiable item, and theoretically speaking has countless uses.
o = the letter 'o' which is a letter, it symbolized a variety of sounds that can be made, such as the 'oh' and 'aw' sounds

I know it's easy to mix them up, but I hope you guys correct that mistake. Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies