Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:39:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26618 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: January 04, 2018, 06:43:20 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Announcement Speech

''It's great to be back here in my old high School in Livingstone. God, if you'd told that the arrogant, headstrong, confident kid that one day he'd be running for President, you know what he'd say, 'don't ever change.' (laughs from the crowd)

That kid knew, like I do now, that the most important task given to us is to stand up and fight. Whether it was the group of bullies that use to parade the halls with their chests puffed out,or the school administrators who use to tell us we couldn't go and study because the Union's were on strike, you need to stand up. Because you know what happens when you stand up; people take notice.

So I want America to take notice of this; I'm Chris Christie, and I'm standing up today to run for President of the United States.

I'm standing up so that that I can fight for every single American  I've had citizens from across the land, from Utah, to Iowa, from New Hampshire, to South Carolina all tell me a simple message; they want someone with the guts to fight. They don't want someone who sounds like he's just left the Harvard debating team, they don't someone who's running a campaign from 2002, they don't want someone who follows Barack Obama's every weak, stumbling turn. They want someone who can fight.

You know I could have sat back in New Jersey, I have a great job as Governor, in the greatest state in the America. But I couldn't watch was happening to my country continue. I couldn't watch as a weak, cowardly President prepared another campaign based on deceit, and I certainly couldn't sit back when I knew that America, more so than any day since 1980, needs someone in the Oval Office, who can fight for the ordinary men, and women, out there, who are just trying to make a buck.

We've got some tremendous challenges out there; a stagnant economy, with job growth grinding to a halt, with another recession just on the horizon. The private sector is shrinking, businesses are failing at a record rate, and you know what's worst of all; it's seeing those people who've lost out, those people who've been harmed by this useless President, it's seeing those people get up every morning, it's seeing the pain in there face knowing that there isn't any work out there. Where is the dignity in that?

But ya know, there is hope. Look at New Jersey. I'm gonna warn ya, you're gonna hear a lot about New Jersey (cheers) I'm sure Mitt is making some poor intern search through every part of our state, but believe me, I'm ready to fight them every step of the way.

Here in New Jersey we've done what Washington has failed to do; we've balanced a budget twice, without raising taxes, and whilst protecting vital services. We've reformed our healthcare, and pension system that was collectively underfunded by $121 billion. We've capped property taxes, and you know what makes me most proud. We've been honest with people. We've told them the truth. We've told them that times will be hard, we've told them that they're not gonna like every decision we make, and we've told them 'the old ways need to change.'

So I'm going to start this campaign by being honest. We need to rein in our out of control entitlement reform. We need to Washington to balance it's budget, we need to break the stranglehold that union bosses have over our kids future and you know what. We need to to crack some heads together, get out the way, and let the private sector create some quality jobs again.

Barack Obama is never going to be honest with America. He's going to appeal to his slice of the electoral. He's going to appeal to the 51% of voters his campaign has worked out to target. He's going to be doing a hell lot of pandering in this primary.

But hold on, I know, it's easy to say that. It's easy for any Republican to stand up here, and talk about how bad President Obama is. In fact, I expect we'll see Hillary Clinton again on stage talking about how bad President Obama is (laughs)

What's hard is to get results. You know I was appointed U.S Attorney just after 9/11. Every single person in this room knows the pain that America felt that day; we know the suffering that our country went through. But we also know what Americans did; they hit back. They got straight back up, and they fought, and they fought, and they fought (cheers). I'm the only candidate running who has stood up in court, and prosecuted terrorists who were trying to kill our brave Troops in Fort Dix. Believe me, when you've stood up in court and sent terrorists behind bars, you're not worried about what the talking heads in Washington say.

Mary-Pat is giving me a look now, she always says that only thing worst than an Attorney, is an Attorney talking about his successful cases. But just remember this, whether it was putting terrorists behind bars, or getting 132 successful prosecutions, I've been there; fighting for America.

But being a U.S Attorney was only the second most important job in my life; the first was to my family, to my brilliant wife Mary-Pat, to my 4 amazing kids and to my folks; my Dad, Bill, standing right behind me, and my wonderful, wonderful mom, Sondra who isn't here today, god rest her.

You know the last time I saw my mom, she was sat in hospital. I held her hand, and you know what she said to me. She told me that 'there was nothing unsaid.'' She knew how much I loved her, and by god, I knew how much she loved me. She begged me, she told me to 'go back to work, to do my duty' and that's why I'm standing here today. I'm standing here today to so that together, we can fight, to get this country back to work.

So please, join our my fight. Join our campaign. Join us to fight for the America we know, and love. Thank you New Jersey!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 07:18:04 AM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Schedule
September 1st-5th: 'Telling it like it is tour', New Hampshire.
September 6th: Rally with Ambassador Huntsman, Manchester, New Hampshire.
September 7th: Returns to New Jersey.
September 8th: Fundraiser with Governor Kasich, and Ambassador Huntsman.
September 8th-11th: Returned to New Jersey to open the 'Empty Sky' Memorial in Liberty State Park.
September 12th-14th: Visit to Cedar Rapid's, Iowa, to open campaign HQ, and hold 6 Town Hall events.
September 15th: Campaign BBQ, and 'meet and greet' with supporters of Governor Christie.
September 16th: Campaign rally in Iowa City, with Governor John Kasich.
September 17th: Town Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire with Mary Pat Christie.
September 17th-19th: Travels to Canada for a Trade Mission.
September 20th: Meets with Henry Kissinger, to discuss Foreign Policy, and other global issues.
September 21st: Gives speech at Rockefeller Centre about Counter-Terrorism.
September 21st-25th: Travels to Texas, Neveda, California, Florida, and Georgia, for fundraising.
September 26th: Launches campaign in Nevada.
September 27-30th: Returns to New Hampshire for another 'Telling it like it is Tour' of Town Halls.

Governor Kasich endorses Governor Christie.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jon Huntsman Jnr, and John Huntsman Snr endorse Governor Christie for President

Governor Christie begins 'Telling it like it is' Tour in New Hampshire

Town Hall in Rochester, New Hampshire

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 01:56:48 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2018, 05:15:44 PM by Blair »

Debate Answers

Look, we gotta be honest with people. And I'll be simple; if I'm elected President I'll repeal Obamacare, and repeal it with

The healthcare system is broken under Obamacare. And the healthcare system was broken before Obama came. Heck the healthcare system was broken when Nixon tried to reform it in the 70s. You  know why it's been broken; because republicans have been too damn afraid of being honest.

We pay too much for our healthcare, our premiums keep increasing at record highs, we haven't carried out meaningful Tort reform, to stop the ambulance chasing lawyers that give millions to the Democratic party. America can do so much better.

So I'll tell you what my healthcare plan would do; I'd repeal both the individual and employer mandate, the second of which is crippling our ability to create good, long term jobs. I'd get rid of the tax hikes that Obamacare put in, and I'd begin to reform Medicaid and Medicare for future recipients, and fight the hospital monopolies. Put simply, I'd fight the hell back against the massive government intrusion that the Obama-Clinton Machine forced upon us.

This would reduce federal spending alone by $283 Billion. That's almost as much money as Mitt made last year.

Seriously though, we need to use market based solutions, such as state lead exchanges to get as many people covered as possible. We need to stop this stupid idea put forward by the Democrats that we're somehow happy when people don't have healthcare insurance, and that we're happy when people get ill and die. That's why my plan would aggressively lower uninsured rates, by lowering premiums, tackling hospital monopolies, and by offering real conservative solutions.

It's easy though for politicians to stand up here and talk about there plans, but remember this; I'm the only person up here who has cleaned up after a Democratic administration. In New Jersey I took on the special interests, the big public sector unions, and left wing Democrats, and I fixed our underfunded pension system, I balanced our budget, I froze the spiral property taxes, and I sorted out the mess.

If you vote for me, believe me, you'll get someone who has delivered real, conservative reforms, not someone who has just remembered a bunch of talking points.

It's the most crushing thing to have to watch as a Governor, when people can't get work. I saw a man in his 50's, he reached out to me, and grabbed his wrinkled, worn hands to tell that after two decades of working, the steel mill where he worked had been closed down. The look in his eyes was crushing, because he knew, that politicians like me, where responsible for that.

So let's change that; let's get the government out the way. Repeal the job-killing employee mandate, stop the spread of the EPA, and let's focus on creating good, proper high paying jobs.

The first route to job creation is through tax cutting.  I'd cut corporation tax to 25%, so that America can be competitive in attracting the best, and biggest, which would bring us 10 million new jobs. I'd make individual taxes lower, fairer, and simpler. I'd get rid of payroll tax for those under the age of 25, and those over the age of 62, so that we can get everyone who wants to work, a proper well paid job.

Second, we gotta unleash the energy markets in these countries. Let's end the ban on exporting crude oil, let's get the Keystone Pipeline going and let's start pumping out that Shale Gas. Let's get the government out the way, and get the jobs flowing in.

I can be trusted to do. When I became Governor in New Jersey we had a job growth of 0%. Zero. We've now had two years of job growth, with 60,000 new private sector jobs. After the mess that we were left in by John Corzine, we're doing pretty well. I know that I can clear up this mess that the Obama-Clinton method has left us in.

Woh Woh let's stop there.

I have more experience than President Obama when he ran in 2008. Way more. When President Obama was giving speeches in Chicago I was appointed as the first U.S Attorney after 9/11.  When President Obama was palling around in the Illinois State legislature I was using the Patriot Act to convict terror suspects.

I know the talking heads like to pretend that the only experience that matters is sitting around in Washington D.C, but come on. I've spend 7 years as a U.S Attorney before becoming Governor. Every day, when I woke up, I had witnesses to interview, I had court notes to prepare, I had warrants to get approved. I didn't just sit around and write a nice book like President Obama.

It would have been easy for me to follow the Obama route ya know, I could have sat and waited for a nice seat in the House, or the Senate. I could have sat in Washington doing nothing but talking, and then what, in 2020 I could have ran for President. But I couldn't sit back and watch this country slide down the drain. In my family, we get up and we go to work.

I'm the only person on this stage who has prosecuted terrorists, and put them behind bars. I'm the only one who has fought with a Democratic dominated legislature, and got real conservative reforms.

Closing Statement

The only way that Republicans are going to win in 2012, and actually sort of the mess that been left in Washington is to be honest with people. So please folks at home, put down your beer, put down your nachos, and listen up. We face a hell of a lot of problems, problems that were caused by President Obama, like the job-killing mandate in Obamacare, and problems that existed before President Obama, such as the failure to invest in infrastructure, the failure to become truly energy independent, and the failure to tackle the big, powerful special interest lobbies. Only by accepting these problems, can we come together and fix them.

I'll also be honest with you; I didn't plan on running in this campaign. Some of the talking heads, and media folk seem to think I should have stayed in New Jersey and padded my CV. But that's not what I do. I get up, every day and I get to work. I was not able to best serve my family, my state or my country, if I sat at home, and watched another plain old republican get beaten by another deceitful democrat.

I knew that I had to stand up and fight. If you want a nominee who has put terrorists behind bars, if you want a nominee who has won and passed real, conservative reform in a deep blue state, and if you want a nominee who can beat the Obama-Clinton machine like a drum, join me in my fight.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 03:02:45 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Ad: Go to Work.

When my mum was on her deathbed, she grabbed me by hand, and told me 'there is nothing unsaid between us.'' There is no love stronger than the love between a son, and his mother, but she knew that I knew how much she loved, and cared for me. Then she told me something even more moving...

She said to me 'Christoper, Go back to Work.' She was giving me permission to let her go, she knew that she had done everything to raise me. Three days later she passed away, and they were the last words we exchanged. I had no regrets because I lived my life the way she taught me.

Every day I do what my mom told me. I went to work.

I was the first U.S Attorney appointed after 9/11, and I made counter-terrorism the number 1 priority of my office after the cowardly attacks on America.

I put the Fort Dix attackers behind bars, and am the only candidate running who has stood up, day after day, to protect America.

I put crooked, corrupt politicians like Sharpe Jones in prison, for using campaign funds to pay for their lavish lifestyle.

I ran for Governor of New Jersey, and won in a deep blue state. Since then we balanced a budget twice, without raising taxes, we fixed our broken pension system and we beat the powerful public unions.

Now I'm running to President, so that I can fight for you, so that I can fight to get our Economy booming again, to get Washington to balance it's budget and to get rid of Obamacare. Join me, and let's fight for America.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Political Ad: The New Jersey Way.

(Governor Christie talking straight to the Camera)

''My dad is Irish, and my Mum is Italian. That was all the training I need for New Jersey Politics. It's loud, it's ugly and it's tough as nails. But here in New Jersey we've got a good story to tell.

The pundits, and media figures said I didn't have a chance against Governor Corzine and the the special interests. The Teachers Union spend $3 million trying to defeat me, but there negative campaign failed, and in 2009 I became Governor of New Jersey.

We have 700,000 more Democrats in New Jersey, and a Democratic dominated legislature. I could have sat back, or changed all my policies to get along with the Democrats, but that's not the New Jersey way. Instead we got together, cracked some heads together, and got on with the Job.

We balanced a budget two years in a row, without any tax rises.

We passed bi-Partisan pension reform to fill in a $121 billion gap.

We defeated the big public sector unions who opposed our common sense reforms.

We created 60,000 public sector jobs.

And best of all, we proved that divided government, with ideologically opposed parties doesn't have to be as much of a disaster as it is in Washington.

I may be loud, I may be rather large, and I may keep yabbering on for too long, but that's the New Jersey Way, and we know how to get things done.

(laughs to Camera)

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.
Extracts from Governor Christie's Speech at the Rockefeller Centre

Reporter: Governor Christie, have you seen Governor Romney's Ad?

Governor Christie: Oh yeah. Where does Mitt Stand? I know that when I was standing up in court to put terrorists behind bars, Mitt was standing on some ice in Utah..
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 12:44:22 PM by Blair »

Debate Answers.

No, and it's an absolute disgrace that President Obama is playing politics with Iraq. This is what the Obama-Clinton political machine do best; they put their own electoral prospects ahead of the security of the United States.

I wanna make this clear. As President I will never, ever play politics with our national security. The only people who will benefit from withdrawing US troops from Iraq are Al-Qaeda, and the other terrorist groups who will step in the moment we lead. That's where there's three crucial things we've got to do. One, we've got to keep training, supporting and aiding the Iraqi Army, because they'll be the one's doing the heavy lifting, second we should keep a small, rapid protection force in Iraq for the foreseeable future and finally, and I don't think anyone else has actually said this; but we've got proud about promoting Democracy in Iraq.

It's a brilliant thing. Millions of Iraqi's were able to go and carry out there must fundamental right; the right to vote. Millions of women were able to go to the polls, and vote. If we pulled out without any combat troops, without any sort of proper plan we could see this all go up in flames. It's easy to talk about how horrible Obama's policies are, we all know that (cheers)

The hard thing is to put forward you own plans, which I have, and to demonstrate that you've been able to carry them out; I'm the only person on this stage who've put terrorists behind bars. If you want someone as commander in chief who has direct experience at keeping America safe, and promoting the power of American Democracy; then I'm your candidate.

I'll be honest with viewers, until I first heard my daughters heartbeat in the womb, when she was at 13 weeks, I was a non-thinking pro-choice guy. But when I heard that heartbeat, that precious beat of life, I knew that heartbeat was a life, and I changed my view. I think I'm like a lot of other conservatives in the country, in that I didn't make up my mind by reading a textbook- I made up my mind through the wonders of seeing life.

So I've been strongly pro-life since 1996, and I've carried that into public office. I've de-funded planned parenthood as Governor, I've been very open about supporting banning abortion after 20 weeks, with exceptions for if the child was conceived by rape, or incest, or if the mothers life was in serious risk.

I did all this in a deeply Democratic state; unlike Governor Romney, who in 2002, when running to be Governor of Massachusetts said he ''preserve and protect a woman's right to choose.'' You know in public life you have to make choices; I was honest to the voters of New Jersey about my views on abortion. Mitt Romney decided to do what Mitt Romney always does; weasel away from the issue.

Frankly, for me, this is an issue where you've got to have a moral backbone. As Governor of New Jersey I fought for the cause of the unborn, and I'm proud of the progress we've made.

Look, I'm a conservative republican from New Jersey. I'm use to taking a bit of flack from the Teaching Unions for being on the far-right, so frankly it's a nice change to have someone question if I'm conservative enough. (chuckles)

But sure, I'm certain that I'm conservative enough. Republican voters, whether they're in Iowa, New Hampshire or Texas want someone who stands up and tells the American people the truth; our spending is out of control, Obamacare is a disaster that we must repeal, and we we need to start getting tough again on American's enemies who want to do us serious harm. A lot of the media folks think that republican voters are looking for politicians who share all there views; they're not. They're looking for someone who has the guts to fight.

In New Jersey I've managed to fight to get serious, real conservative reform done. I've got 700,000 more Democrats than Republicans, but I still managed to pass a balanced budget, without raising taxes. I manged to defeat the big public sector unions to fix the pension system, I defunded planned parenthood and we created 60,000 private sector jobs. That's what real, conservative results look like. If I can do that in one of the bluesiest states, just think what I can do after November when we take back our government.

Well, I guess it was only a matter a time before pundits and spin-masters got hold of one of my statements and twisted it beyond belief.

Let me tell the American people again what they may have already heard me say, except this time I'm going to clarify -- no shifting, no flip-flopping, just clarifying.

First of all I'd like to reiterate that no matter what way you spin it, forcing 11 million people out of the United States is a fool's errand -- its a political promise with no real weight behind it.

Governor Romney, it doesn't matter whether you call it shifting, flip flopping, or even clarifying. Frankly there's only one word that matters- trust.

In 2005 you supported Ted Kennedy's immigration bill that would have provided amnesty. Then you opposed it in 2007 when you wanted to win the Iowa Caucasus. Heck in 2008 you said that you wanted to ideally deport most illegal immigrants within 90 days; now you're saying that's a political promise with no weight behind it.

But really it comes down to trust Governor. We've both governed in deeply blue states; in New Jersey I've fought the public unions, I've won real conservative reform on property taxes and pensions. In Massachusetts you sold out to the Democratic establishment on day one. You're going to get chewed alive by Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid.

Frankly we need a President who's got the guts to fight.  

Closing Statement

I get asked a lot what I think people want in there next President. And you know what it's simple; they want someone who they know they can trust to fight for them. They don't want someone who can simply reel off a textbook of policies, they don't want someone who says one thing in Iowa, and another in Boston, they don't want another bland, boring candidate promising slow, weak reforms.

I'm the only candidate running who isn't afraid to tell the truth. I don't care whether I'm talking to republicans, or Democrats. To Iowans, or New Yorkers. I'll always say the same thing. I'll tell them that we need to work together again in Washington to cut our run-away entitlement spending, we need to get people back to work by cutting regulations, not by cutting more checks to the special interest groups. 

I've done all this; in fact, I've done all in this in a state that was written off a too democratic, too broke and too divided. I stood up, and fought for real conservative values, and you know what; it worked. Give me the chance to do this in Washington, and join my fight to get this country working again.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »

Because in his time as US Attorney in New Jersey, that job that Governor Christie will tell you all about, he only prosecuted thirteen illegal immigration cases. Compare that to the 597 cases prosecuted in Kansas in the same time period -- I'm no mathematician, but there are a heck of a lot more people in New Jersey than Kansas

Well that's still thirteen more cases than you ever prosecuted Mitt.

You know it's pretty funny to see the Governor attack my record as a U.S Attorney. Because when I was sat in court, putting the terrorists, and arms smugglers behind bars, you were standing next to Ted Kennedy passing RomneyCare.

You know I'm never going to apologize for the fact that for me, and my office as U.S Attorney our number one priority was to combat terrorism. I'm never going to apologize for helping keep the American people safe. Never.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 03:05:23 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Schedule

October 1st-5th: Town Halls in New Hampshire.
October 6th: Special Veteran Of Foreign Wars Town Hall/Campaign Events.
October 7th: Fundraisers in Florida with Haley Barbour, and Jon Huntsman Jnr.
October 8th: Campaign Rally in Jacksonville, with Haley Barbour.
October 9th: Visit to Nevada to open new campaign HQ.
October 10th: Campaign Fundraiser in Las Vegas.
October 11th-15th: ''Telling it like it is'' Bus, and Town Hall Tour around Eastern Iowa.
October 16th: Visit to New Mexico, and Speech about Border Security with with Governor Martinez.
October 17th: Campaign Rally, and Fundraiser in Miami with Governor Martinez.
October 18th-23rd: ''Telling it like it is'' Bus and Town Hall Tour in New Hampshire.
October 24th: Meeting with Evangelical leaders in Iowa.
October 25th: Day of media interviews, fundraising and other campaign related events in New Jersey.
October 26th: Speech in New Hampshire: ''Two Choices.''
October 27th: Campaign Rally in Concord, New Hampshire.
October 28th-30th: Bus Tour, and Town Hall events around Western Iowa

Endorsements

Governor Haley Barbour

Governor Susana Martinez

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 06:21:32 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Media Appearances

Martinez: Romney wrong to attack Christie over immigration.

ABC Interview with Governor Christie

Q: Governor, you responded quite forcefully when Governor Romney challenged you over your record prosecuting Immigration laws whilst a U.S Attorney, did Governor Romney manage to rattle you?

Governor Christie: No, Jake, he didn't rattle me. He just disappointed me. Governor Romney for all his virtues has never prosecuted federal law, and frankly at the debate showed that he has no idea what being a prosecutor actually involves. Governor Romney has only ever seen criminal law as a politician; all he cares about is how it looks. When I woke up every morning as a U.S Attorney, I was thinking about who I would put on the stand, Governor Romney was worried about what would be put on the front of the newspapers. We have different priorities.

The truth is that my office, as every other Northeastern U.s Attorney's office was, focused on terrorism after 9/11. Unlike Mitt, I don't make every decision based on the next election. I make it based on what's best for the American public; and that meant devoting the majority of resources to preventing terrorism, as my office did, multiple times.

I don't know what Governor Romney is implying about my record; all I know is that he picked up some numbers of an old Lou Dobbs segment from 2007. If he thinks that I'm somehow relaxed about enforcing immigration law he should ask why I send prosecuted a Chilean immigrant for transporting abusive images or why I prosecuted an immigrant lawyer for falsifying driving licenses for illegals. I worked with ICE, and the FBI almost daily in order to keep New Jersey, and America safe, and frankly I don't appreciate Governor Romney trying to question my service when he standing in an ice-rink in Utah somewhere.

Q.) Do you expect this back and forth will continue with Governor Romney?

Governor Christie: If the Governor continues to manipulate, and distort my record, then I'm going to respond forcefully. The American public are sick of politicians like Governor Romney attacking people for actually putting their neck out on the line every day. Like thousands of other people in the Justice, and National Security departments, when I came into work, the last thing on my mind was how this would play in some distant election. I just got on with the job.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Campaign Highlights

Governor Barbour joins Christie for Florida Rally

Border Security Speech

Governor Christie holds a town Hall in Sioux City

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 06:09:08 PM »

Christie: Romney Ad is 'Complete Fiction'.

Oh yeah, it's an interesting little ad. I've faced $3 million dollars in attack ads from the Teachers Unions. As some of you have noticed I'm a big guy, and I can handle these ads.

It's more fiction from Governor Romney. It's complete fiction. If Mitt actually knew anything about New Jersey he'd know that we've done a hell of a lot.

We've passed a balanced budget, twice, without raising taxation. When the Democrats in the Assembly tried to put tax rise's into the Budget you know what I did- I told them, no chance in hell.

Heck if if there hasn't been any action in New Jersey why do you reckon the Teachers Unions are so pissed off at me? You know why they're pissed off; because I took on the unions, and I made them pay their fair share in pension payments. I lead the charge in fixing a pension system that was $121 Billion underfunded. Heck this was a bi-partisan fix we passed in Trenton.

I'd love Mitt to come down to New Jersey, and meet the 60,000 people we've helped get back to work. Come, and meet those folks, and tell them I don't deliver. I've only been a Governor for two years, and I've already done more to take on the status quo, to take on the vested interests, and to fix the real, problems in New Jersey, than Mitt ever did when he was Governor of Massachusetts.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »

Campaign Ad

Heartbeat

(Airs in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida.)

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 07:06:15 PM »

Campaign Advert: 'Get on with the Job.''

Run in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida

(Reporters Voice) A shock victory tonight as Chris Christie, a former U.S Attorney is set to win the the New Jersey Governors race. This is a crashing embarrassment for President Obama, and the Democratic Party.

(Governor Christie speaks one one one with the Camera)

When I became Governor of New Jersey a lot of people had written me off. They said that I'd be a powerless Governor who'd never get anything done. They said that the old school politicians would walk all over me, but the pundits have never been more wrong.

As Governor of New Jersey I showed that it's possible to be a principled Conservative, and still get real achievements done.

I walked away from the State Assembly when they tried to make me give the citizens of New Jersey a tax hike. The Assembly later caved in, and approved a balanced budget, without a single tax rise.

I worked with across the aisle to fix our broken, and underfunded pension system. For the first time in generations, we took on, and defeated the public sector unions, who refused to pay their fair share.

I worked with Democratic Mayors to fix our broken education system, to introduce merit pay for teachers and to give our kids, the proper education they deserve.

I capped increases in property taxes to help to pull down out of control spending, and I worked to help create 60,000 private sector jobs.

When I wake up every morning as Governor I don't think about what policy will appeal to what voter, or what will make me more popular. I just get up, and get on with the job. When I see something that's broken that's fix it. We need someone with this sort of attitude in Washington D.C, who can crack the heads together, and work out the real solutions, to problems like our out of control spending, our national debt, or are flat-lining Economy.

They said I couldn't sort out the mess in New Jersey. They were wrong. So don't listen to them when they say that I can't do the same for America.

I'm Chris Christie, and I endorse this message.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 06:34:22 PM »

Debate Answers

You know, as President, I'd be doing a hell of a lot more than address misgivings about Iran. I'd tell them a simple measure- there is no way that you're getting your hands on nuclear weapons. As President I'd use every single tool, and power of the Presidency to stop getting nuclear weapons; including military force. I know it's an awesome power, and a great responsibility for any President to use military force; but this is matter of National Security for the US.

If Iran gets nuclear weapons we know that they're then going to try and dominate the region even more; they're going to attack our allies in the region, they're going to try and use the Revolutionary Guards to spread their influence, they're going to pose a major risk to our Energy needs from the region. But that's not the most important threat; the biggest threat is by far, the threat that Iran pose to Israel.

Iran is the greatest threat to Israels existence; their Supreme Leader has said multiple times that Israel should be destroyed. We can't let Iran get their hands on nuclear weapons, and carry out another Holocaust. No way.  As commander-in-chief I won't be afraid to use military action to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons.

You know, time and time again, the Unions, and their leaders, in this country have been sat in the road, firmly blocking any meaningful attempt at reform on a whole host of issues. They don't care about the issue of unemployment, they don't care that our economy is slowing down; all they care about is themselves.

I support right-to-work laws; I think it's a massive erosion of freedom of association to force people to join unions when workers frankly don't want to.

It's easy though to stand up on this stage, and talk about what you would do. But I'm the only person running who's fought one the most powerful unions, the New Jersey's Teachers Union; and won. They spend over $3 million trying to defeat me in 2009, they even prayed for my death at one stag (laughs) because they knew, when I became Governor I was gonna fight their leaders, and force them to make a fair contribution to their unfunded pension system. And it worked; when you stand up to the bullies that run these unions they back down. 

But look, we need to make a distinction here, my mum was a card carrying union member. There's lots of hard working people out there who've been let down by their union leaders; we've known since Bobby Kennedy that the union leaders have not been well behaved, and frankly now is the time for serious, long term reform of our unions. Just like the politicians in Washington, the union kingpins have been letting down the people they're suppose to be protecting.

You know, when you've taken on almost every single democratic special interest, when you've had the sitting President come and campaign against you, and when you've had millions spend against you in negative ads, and you still win, as I did in 2009, you get a right to call yourself anti-establishment.

When you've prosecuted over 130 corrupt politicians from both parties, and put them behind bars, I think that makes you anti-establishment. But it's not enough for me to just stand here, and say 'I'm against the corrupt establishment' cause you know, no-one is going to stand up here and say they support the corruption, the failure and the decay we've seen in Washington.

The big issue to me is establishment thinking; harmful ideas, and policies dominate our politics, and no-one fixes them. To take just one issue; look at our tax code. I think I stand out from the establishment. I think we should go much further in making the tax system fairer, and simpler to get the economy booming; I want to get rid of the loopholes that allow jobs to be shipped overseas, I want to get rid of payroll tax for people aged less than 22, and older than 62, to help get them back to work, and I want to have three lower, rates of tax. We're not going to fix our broken tax code if we just send another bland politician to the White House.

I think the one thing that the folks at home should remember is that it's not enough to just vote for whoever sounds most impressive up here; it's about who's got a record to back up their rhetoric. In New Jersey, successive Governors, both Republican, and Democrat, had failed to take on the big, vested interests in the state. But when I was elected in 2009 I took them on; the Teachers Unions, the Democratic dominated Assembly, the increasingly out of control Supreme Court, I took them on, told them enough was enough, and we've managed to steer New Jersey around, out of the darkness of the Obama-Clinton Economy.

I'm the only candidate who has fought the establishment in their own state, and I'm the only one who will fight it, and whip Washington into shape. I'll repeal Obamacare, and replace it with a market orientated, state lead replacement, I'll sit the leaders of both parties down and begin to get rid of our out of control deficit. In my entire time as Governor, and as a U.S Attorney, I've stood up when the establishment have been wrong, and by god, I look forward to doing that as President.

Reply to Congressman Upton.

Unions, are not a fundamental good, or bad. We need to let the free market it take it's course and I don't think laws like Right to Work or Taft-Hartley are the answer to the free markets problems, but I think we need to work towards a future, I dont think we should break the people that built the American middle class. Unions helped build my home state and our country, Caesar Chavez is one of my heros and he helped build hispanic farmworkers and other migrant workers, into a force to be feared they did not settle things with violence, or intimidation but with cooperation. Why can't we Republicans and Democrats come together and repeal Taft-Hartley.

Congressman, are you seriously advocating getting rid of Taft-Hartley? Do you have any idea how dangerous that is?

It's Taft-Hartley that allows the President to designate a strike a a National Emergency, and which prohibits federal workers from striking. When President Reagan sacked the Air Traffic Controllers for illegally striking, that was done under the terms of Taft-Hartley. I don't know about you congressman, but as President I won't let any union dictate, or undermine the National Security of the United States.

Closing Statement

The topics that we've talked about tonight have all come back to one theme; who can stand up and protect America's interests, both home and abroad? Whether it's standing up, and stopping Iran's suicidal attempts to get weapons of Mass Destruction, or whether it's standing up to the Union kingpins, who block reform, it's clear that we need someone who can stand up for America.

As a U.S Attorney, and Governor, every morning when I woke up, I had to think about how I could keep millions of people safe. Political Campaigns shouldn't just be about who has the best speech, who has the best lines, or who you agree with the most. They should be about picking the candidate who has a plan to fix our problems both at home, and abroad, it should be about who has the record and experience at fixing these problems, and it should be about who you can trust. I'm the only candidate who has the experience to beat the Obama-Clinton Machine in 2012, and then as President, carry out the real, meaningful reforms that we need.   
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Governor Mitch Daniels endorses Christie in Des Moines Rally

Christie: 'Alito is my model of a Justice.'' Sioux City, Iowa. Town Hall.

Christie Tax Reform Speech: ''Let's Fight for Fairer Taxes''

Daniels joins Christie in New Hampshire, touts tax plan

Mary Pat jumps on the campaign trail. Des Moines, Iowa.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »

Campaign Ad- 'Citizens'. Airs in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada.

(Footage of Mary Pat Christie talking at a town hall)

When Americans have faced their darkest hour in the past, they haven't looked to the same old politicians from Washington to fix it. They've looked to heroic individuals to lead us; a General lead our nation out of the ashes, a lanky lawyer brought our nation together when it was more divided than ever, the man who defeated the Nazis helped protect America from the dangers of communism, and a charismatic actor from California inspired a generation with his hopeful vision of conservative reform.

My husband stepped forward after so many of you came to us, and told him to run. He's not running because of some long hold ambition, or some burning desire for fame and fortune. He's running because he knows that he's the best for the job. I've seen him get up every morning in New Jersey to fight for ordinary Americans. Let him do from the White House. Join our fight to save America's future.

If you agree with Mary Pat, please join our fight. I'm Chris Christie and I endorse this message.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »

(Narrator) For too long Washington politicians have been too scared to fix our tax code. But that ends today.

Chris Christie is running for President with the bold, brave plan to fix our broken tax system.

He'll cut all rates of income tax, to give every American a pay-rise.

He'll repeal Obamacare's job-killing mandates.

He'll gut the estate tax to stop Washington's out of Control Spending.

And he'll stop tax loopholes that let American companies shift your jobs overseas.

Isn't it great to finally have someone who can fix our tax code, and get high quality jobs back to America?

I'm Chris Christie and I approve this message.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 05:55:02 AM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Statement on Mitt Romney, and Barack Obama withdrawal.

Governor Barbour: 'We need unity. I know Chris Christie can deliver that.''

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »

Christie: ''Attacks are gonna start flying. My job is to whack 'em away.''

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 05:57:37 PM »

You know being a U.S Attorney in New Jersey I've seen political corruption from the school board, all the way to the statehouse. And you know what the worst part is; it absolutely rots everything else around it. You can't reform public housing if Assemblymembers are taking kickbacks, you can't fix the state's budget if Mayors are giving out jobs to their friends and allies, and you can't get ordinary voters to give a damn about politics, if they see the same old corrupt cabal just going around in circles to make themselves even richer.

I know that New Jersey has a reputation for corruption, but by god, I've fought against it. I made fighting corruption the 2nd most important priority for my office as U.S Attorney, behind counter-terrorism. And you know what, when you stand up and confront the rot of corruption you can get a lot done. I convinced 130 Politicians, from every level of state government, and from both the Republican and Democratic parties. Corruption is an issue frankly, that we cannot treat as a party political issue; and it's one that we need to tackle.

As Governor in New Jersey I've begun to tackle it. I've put forward a serious ethics program that would ban dual office-holding; the ridiculous practice where mayors were taking salary's to not even turn up to the State Senate. I've made sure elected officials release much more detailed financial transactions, and I froze, and reformed how the state created public jobs. But I know that we need to do a lot more.

That's why as President I'd introduce legislation to clean up our politics; I'd want to put at least a two year ban on elected officials becoming lobbyists, I'd want to ensure that people who are acting as lobbyists, like Tom Daschle, register as a lobbyist, I'd want to clean up some of the rules on Dark Money, to stop foreign money flowing into our politics, and like in New Jersey, I'd want members of congress to be submit more detailed, and regular financial reports.

If I'm elected President people will know that I'll take a tough stance because that's what I've done as US Attorney, and as Governor.

The thing I think a lot of the public forget about President Bush is just how instrumental he was in those hours, and days after 9/11. We all remember the pain that American was going through, the fear, the uncertainty. President Bush not only brought our country together, but he also brought the awesome might of the US against Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan, and against the Taliban. I'll tell you this; when I was a U.S Attorney I had every tool, every bit of funding and every bit of support from the Bush administration. It's thanks to President Bush, and the dedicated leadership that he put in, that our country has not suffered another awful day like 9/11.

I'll also say something else; President Bush knew how to win (cheers). It's hard to remember now we've got President Obama, but President Bush knew how to talk to Americans in states like New Hampshire, in New Mexico, in Florida, because he had a clear message. He gave Americans the biggest tax cut for a generation, he gave us two great Judges; Justice Alito and Justice Roberts on the Supreme Court, and he fought, and fought for pro-life values, with the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban.

Now look I'll be honest; I think President Bush struggled after 2004. Second terms are always hard for a President. As republicans we should have done more to tackle, and reduce the deficit. We relied too much on the housing bubble for economic growth, and didn't do enough to keep good, high quality jobs in America. Republicans simply didn't do well after 2004, and there's a reason we lost congress in 2006, and then the White House in 2008.

But it's not fair for our party to run in 2012 and just close our eyes, and pretend that it didn't happen. Where I agree with President Bush; whether on tax cuts, counter terrorism, or on expanding the republican coalition I'll be clear. And where I disagree; such as the national debt, the deficit or the economy I'll be equally clear.

Look me and Governor Romney exchanged some harsh words in the campaign. It's the nature of politics. Governor Romney believed he was the best candidate for the Presidency, and I believe I'm the best candidate, so it was only natural that we'd put forward our cases.

But I'll tell you what; if Governor Romney had won, I would have been by his side in every swing state after August, because Governor Romney would have been 100 times a better President than Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden.

I'd say to supporters of Governor Romney, that I'm not going to lie and say that you'll agree with me on everything, or think I'm perfect. But ultimately we've got the same goals; we both want to repeal the job-killing taxes in Obamacare, we both wanted to fix the tax system to reduce taxes for working Americans, we both wanted to create high quality jobs, and we both wanted to fix this mess that President Obama has left us in.

I've been delighted to have the endorsement of Governor Sandoval, and Senator Ayotte, who both endorsed Governor Romney to drop out, and I'm going to spend a lot of time in this campaign reaching out to supporters of Governor Romney. I know that me, Mary Pat and everyone in my campaign is praying for Anne's health, and we know that Mitt's service to America isn't finished yet.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »

Debate Answers Part 2

Reply to Adam Carolla

Mr Carolla, come to New Jersey and tell the servicemen and women in Fort Dix, that the Patriot Act hasn't stopped any major attacks, because if you knew anything about National Security, and Counter-Terrorism, you'd know that the Patriot Act has stopped numerous terror attacks.

I know this for a fact, because as U.S Attorney I used the Patriot Act to get roving wiretaps on the suspects in that case, when 5 radical Islamic terrorists plotted to gun down our brave soldiers. No-one ever said that the Patriot Act would be able to stop all violent acts; that's just absurd. But what it does is give our law enforcement agents the tools; whether that's roving wiretaps, or surveillance of lone-wolf terrorists, to stop a major terrorist attack.

So please Mr Carolla, can you actually learn the facts about counter-terrorism if you want become President. This isn't some radio phone in show where you can just say whatever pops into your head; this is serious.

Closing Statement

I think it's fair to say that 2011 has been a pretty grueling year for Americans. We've seen our economy continue to cater, our businesses continue to fail, and our reputation round the world continue to decline.

But we can change that. In Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida voters will be voting in the primary for who the republicans will nominate. It's a great responsibility, and frankly one that should be taken seriously.

I'm the only candidate running who can do three things; I can unite our party, I can beat Hillary Clinton, or whoever the Democrats nominate, and I can carry out real meaningful, conservative reform in Washington. I'm sick of seeing our country in the state it's in; jobs moving overseas, factories and businesses closing down, our allies in Israel wondering if we even care, our enemies in Iran wondering where they can expand next. It's no wonder that so many folks hate politicians, and ask 'when will will things get better?''

They'll get better if you put someone who fight for you interests in the Oval Office. We don't need another Clinton in the White House; we need someone who has the experience, and the skills to fight for America's interests both home and abroad. And you know what else we need; someone who can bring some hope to the people in this country. I'm the candidate who can do that.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 07:05:04 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Surrogate Performances
[/b]

Governor Sandoval endorses Chris Christie at Nevada Rally

Ayotte endorses Christie: 'We need someone ready to be Commander-in-Chief on Day one.''

Governor Huntsman joins Governor Christie for Carson City, Nevada Rally

Martinez: Governor Christie has a record that Floridians can trust

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 07:54:05 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2018, 04:36:36 AM by Blair »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Schedule

1st December-3rd December: Governor Christie held a new leg of his 'Telling it like it is' Tour in New Hampshire, with town halls across the state. Governor Christie told New Hampshire voters that his first legislative effort as President will be ''to get real, meaningful tax reform. Let's have 3, much lower tax brackets. Let's get gut the estate tax, let's get rid of the job-killing Obamacare mandates, let's get this country back to work''.

4th December: Governor Christie joined Senator Ayotte for a tour around the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, and meet with active service members, and officers to discuss National Security, and other military related matters. Later in the evening Governor Christie held a 'Veterans of Foreign Wars' Town Hall meeting, and then met military families at a meet, and greet in a Diner.

5th December: Governor Christie held a rally in Manchester, New Hampshire with Senate Majority Leader Jeb Bradley, and Senator Ayotte, where Governor Christie argued that ''Republicans need someone who can bring our country together, we need someone who can bring people together, but stay committed to our conservative principles''. In the evening Governor Christie held a fundraiser with Senator Ayotte.

6th December: Governor Christie traveled to Miami, Florida, to campaign with Governor Martinez of New Mexico. The Governor met with members of the Cuban Community, and in a speech reasserted his opposition to opening relations with Cuba, and denounced the Castro regime as 'the center of evil in the Caribbean''.

7th December: Governor Christie traveled to Tampa Florida to hold a series of Tele-Town Halls, where he took questions from voters around Florida about issues ranging from the deficit, to National Security. Governor Christie reaffirmed his intention to work together with ''both parties to eliminate the deficit'' and ''pay down our enormous national debt''.

8th December: Governor Christie returned to New Jersey to carry out his duties as Governor.

9th-16th December: Governor Christie kicked off his marathon 7 Day tour of Iowa in his campaign bus. Vowing to go to 'every corner'' of Iowa, the Governor begun with a fiery Q&A at the University of Iowa where he proclaimed ''you can shout at me as much as you want'' after being heckled for his support for pro-life causes. Later the Governor delivered a speech in support of 'Ethanol'' and other 'alternative energy sources'', telling the crowd 'it's bringing in jobs for rural America, we've gotta support that.'' Governor Christie held over 20 town hall events in Iowa over the 7 days.

17th December: Governor Christie returned to New Hampshire to hold a round-table discussion, and meet and greet with former supporters of Governor Romney. Accompanied by Senator Ayotte, Governor Christie told voters that he shared Governor Romney's commitment to 'cutting taxes, cutting regulations, and fixing this awful mess in Washington.''

18th December:
Governor Christie traveled with Mary Pat for a campaign rally in South Carolina where he announced that his number one priority to keep Americans safe would be to capture or kill Obama Bin Laden. Governor Christie also promised to appoint as Defense Secretary someone 'committed to protecting our military, caring for our veterans, and renewing American Leadership.''

19th December: Governor Christie returned to Sioux City, Iowa, to meet with Evangelical Leaders ahead of the caucus, and gave a speech where he pointed to his experience in New Jersey where he 'veteod, and blocked out of control activist judges, who were nothing more than rubber stamps for the Democrats.'' Governor Christie said that he would 'appoint Justices, who take a 'restrained view of the the Constitution like Justice Alito''.

20th-25th December: Governor Christie returned home to New Jersey to deliver a Christmas address to the state, to turn on the festive lights and to meet with the families of Military Veterans, and distribute Christmas presents on Christmas eve. He spend Christmas, and boxing day with his family in Trenton.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 07:54:44 PM »

Debate Response

That's not true Mr Carolla. As the person who was personally running the case, I know for a fact that the Fort Dix case used the Patriot Acts amendment to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, to get a wiretap on the suspect. But lets look at what the FBI Director, Robert Mueller, himself said

'' the PATRIOT Act has proved extraordinarily beneficial in the war on terrorism and has changed the way the FBI does business. Many of our counterterrorism successes, in fact, are the direct results of provisions included in the Act.''

You know I think we should trust the opinion of dedicated, career National Security officials on this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies