Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 06:29:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 74
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 79785 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 28, 2017, 10:27:29 AM »

If I had a dollar for every time Cassidy mentioned that he was a physician or doctor...
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2017, 12:05:59 PM »

October 26th, 2015

Secretary of State John Kerry endorses Barack Obama

Obama and Kerry hold campaign rally in New Hampshire

NASHUA - After remaining neutral for the early parts of the Democratic Primaries, Secretary of State, former Senator and former Democratic nominee for President in 2004 John Kerry announced his endorsement for his current boss, President Barack Obama. In a New Hampshire rally, Kerry called Obama "a true progressive leader in the home front, and in the global front", and "the leader America needs right now".

Kerry has had a rich experience in politics, and is still considered a popular figure in the Democratic party- his tenure as Secretary of State was seen very positively by doves and liberals, but negatively by hawkes and conservatives. Noteably, he failed to negotiate an agreement between the notoriously stubborn Israelis and Palestinians, but he did lead the efforts to reach the Iran Deal and under him, American foreign policy went through a relatively peaceful time.

The endorsement caused many to speculate that it meant another term for Kerry as Secretary of State, but the former Senator denied to rumour in an MSNBC interview. When asked about Barack Obama's main opponent, his predeccedor Hillary Clinton, Kerry called her "a find public servant, but not the leader to bring real change and reform".
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2017, 12:15:21 PM »

Experience
Southeast Regional Senator: July 03, 2009 - Mar 06, 2015
Senate President Pro-Tempore:  Dec 2009 - Mar 2010, Sept 2010 - Jan 2011, Mar 2011- Sept 2011, Mar 2012 - July 2014
Budget Revival Committee Member: Mid 2010
Government Oversight and Reform Committee Chair: 2012 - 2013 
At - Large Senator: May 01, 2015 - May 06, 2016
Southeast Regional Convention Delegate: Sept 2015 - Oct 2015
Senate Convention Delegate: Oct 2015 - May 06, 2016
South Judicial Overlord: May 24, 2016 - June 02, 2016
People's Representative: June 13, 2016 - July 14, 2016
Southern Judicial Overlord/Regional Associate Justice: July 14, 2016 - Dec 08, 2016
Vice President of Atlasia Dec 08, 2016 - Jan 06, 2017
President of the Atlasian Republic Jan 06, 2017 - Mar 03, 2017
People's Representative - Mar 03, 2017 -
People's Speaker - Mar 04, 2017 -
You swamp creature! Tongue
I choose as a favorite, despite being a Swamp Queen myself.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2017, 02:30:32 PM »

Time for you to get a watch

😔
   👊/||\_
      /¯    ¯\

👋
    \  😢
        || \_
      /¯  ¯\
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2017, 02:52:29 PM »

I don't like to pick fights, but...

Oh, screw it, you're a disgusting, classless pig. Onto ignore you go.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »

Kellyanne
August 3rd, 2017

Kellyanne was back on the job market! Having just been fired by Donald Trump for whichever of dozens of reasons -

Dropping approval ratings, an empty cabinet, leaks, policy failures, embarrassing gaffes, whatever...

It was just too much for an ordinary human to deal with as Chief of Staff.

But it's really insulting that he'd fire me in the middle of the night, kicking me out onto Pennsylvania Avenue like this. I mean, how the hell was I supposed to prevent Bannon's calls from being leaked?

Yes- someone in the White House leaked the records of illegal phone calls between Steve Bannon and several Russian officials. While this already looked bad, Kellyanne knew that the contents of those calls could bring down the administration. This had been several days ago, and the president was getting increasingly furious that the leaker hadn't been found and fired yet.

I tried my best. Good luck to whomever inherits this f***ing mess of an administration.

I swear, I will testify my *ss off in front of Congress when the time comes. See you in hell, Donald!

Trump Approval Ratings
Approve - 29%
Disapprove - 66%
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #231 on: October 01, 2017, 04:48:59 AM »

Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2017, 04:55:55 AM »

I would rather move to Stalinist Russia then New Jersey.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »

Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #234 on: October 02, 2017, 11:55:15 AM »

OH DEAR MOTHER OF GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #235 on: October 02, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »

God bless the People's Republic of North Carolina.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #236 on: October 02, 2017, 12:57:55 PM »

I don't like to pick fights, but...

Oh, screw it, you're a disgusting, classless pig. Onto ignore you go.
(is this recent enough?)
kyc0705

« Reply #237 on: October 02, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »

God bless the People's Republic of North Carolina.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #238 on: October 02, 2017, 03:50:10 PM »

I'm unsure. On one hand, this has been fairly well covered on the news. On the other hand, many people are just now discovering that Puerto Rico is a US territory and its citizens are American citizens.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #239 on: October 02, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: October 02, 2017, 04:16:01 PM »

Kasich is really pissing me off. If he wanted to stop Trump, he should have dropped out after the New Hampshire primary and endorsed either Rubio or Cruz. Instead, his ego wouldn't let him quit, and he played a major role in Trump winning the GOP nomination.

Maybe Rubio shouldnt have done so badly in NH.

Kasich came in 2nd in NH not Rubio , due to Rubio self destructing at the NH debate
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2017, 04:38:48 PM »

This is so damn sickening. I really hope the monsters get taken down now and that as many people as possible can be saved.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2017, 04:39:46 PM »

Eugenics, once again, is generally considered to be a bad thing.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #243 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »

Massachusetts

The question: can one make a Republican-leaning district in Massachusetts?

The answer: Kill me.

MA-01 - R+5
MA-02 - D+30
MA-03 - D+15
MA-04 - D+8
MA-05 - D+7
MA-06 - D+7
MA-07 - D+5
MA-08 - D+10
MA-09 - D+14

Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #244 on: October 02, 2017, 05:05:38 PM »

OH DEAR MOTHER OF GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2017, 12:19:45 PM »

Roy Cooper is My God; The Peebs Story
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2017, 04:47:02 PM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »

Cruz without question. Come on, guys.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2017, 06:10:37 PM »

SPECIAL: The 2004 Democratic Primaries Part 1

After nominating former President Bill Clinton as their presidential candidate in the last three cycle, the Democrats in 2004 were ready for a change. Many possible candidates were widely expected to run- from big guns everyone was watching like Senator Hillary Clinton, former Vice President Al Gore and even Bill Clinton himself, to other popular politicians like Tom Daschle, Dick Gephardt, John Kerry, Bob Graham, Joe Lieberman, Bill Bradley and Joe Biden.

Though Howard Dean, a popular, anti-war Vermont Governor who would later gain steam and a big grassroots following, announced an exploratory committee in May 31st of the year 2002, the race is considered to have truly begun in January 1st, 2003, when, in a joint New Year's Eve statement, former President Bill Clinton and Senator Hillary Clinton have both announced that they will not be running for President in 2004. These announcements cleared the field considerably, and caused a lot of jockeying among potential candidates- a day later, both Senators John Edwards (D-NC) and Joe Lieberman (D-CT) announced exploratory committees, and they were followed by Former House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt, Massachussetts Senator (January 4th) Senator John Kerry (January 6th), Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd (January 11th) and Florida Senator Bob Graham (January 12th).

However, everyone was still waiting for one, major hurdle to potentially get itself out of the way- former Vice President Al Gore was giving mixed signs about his intentions, and many of the more establishment-minded Democrats were anxiously waiting for his announcement. Though most assumed that he would decline to run after saying in a December interview that "the Democrats need a fresh face", he changed his opinion and surprised pundits by declaring a run in January 21st.

Al Gore's announcement in Nashville, Tennessee, surprised many and shook the political world

Gore's decision pulled the rag from beneath the potential candidates, deterring many of them from running. Polls were showing him decisively leading the pack, with his post-Vice Presidential environment advocacy adding grassroots popularity to his already existent establishment support. As a result, John Kerry, Joe Lieberman and Chris Dodd announced, in the following two weeks, that they would not be running for President, rescinding their exploratory committees.

However, some candidates were not deterred. Into a field populated only by Activist Al Sharpton and Al Gore himself jumped Rep. Dick Gephardt (D-MO) in January 29th, Senator Fmr. Sen. Carol Mosely Braun (D-IL) in February 18th, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) a day after her and finally, Senator Bob Graham in February 28th. Though both had been, de-facto, candidates for quite a while, Howard Dean and John Edwards both announced officially months after the others- Dean in June 23rd and Edwards in September 16th. A day later, September 17th, retired General Wesley Clark also announced his candidacy after many attempts to draft him. And thus, the field was complete, and the race was on.

The 2004 Democratic candidates

At first, as the primary season heated up, the biggest challenger to Al Gore, according to opinion polls, was Former Minority Leader Gephardt, who still had strength within the establishment and some support among grassroots. He was followed by Senator Bob Graham, whose popularity and location in a swingstate gave him a strong appeal. This is an example of a poll conducted during the month of September, that shows the state of the race:

2004 Democratic Primary (National)
Al Gore- 42%
Dick Gephardt- 17%
Bob Graham- 13%
Howard Dean- 7%
Wesley Clark- 6%
John Edwards- 4%
Dennis Kucinich- 2%
Carol Mosely Brown- 2%
Al Sharpton- 1%
Undecided- 6%

However, soon enough, both of Gore's major opponents begun to slip. Lackluster debate performances and an inability to excite the base and find themselves a niche to run on harmed both candidates, and their polling numbers swiftly decreased. Bob Graham dropped out of the race in October 6th, and though he stayed in the race, Rep. Gephardt was no longer that much of a viable contender. A new power rose to challenge Gore in their stead: Governor Howard Dean (D-VT).

Howard Dean swiftly gained grassroots popularity, becoming Al Gore's biggest challenger

With powerful, energetic speeches and a strong internet operation, Dean gained a strong, loyal and enthusiastic grassroots following of anti-war progressives. With that, he became Gore's major opponent, and started gaining endorsements from progressive politicians. Wesley Clark also rose in the polls, his experience as General earning him respect and support from some voters.

In January 13th, the non-binding Washington D.C. primary is won by Dean, though Gore didn't contest it. Braun, who placed third after Dean and Sharpton, withdrew from the race following it. With that contest out of the way, Democrats were ready for the early states to start voting. Gore was still strongly leading the polls, but his lead eroded and Howard Dean was breaking into the twenties:

2004 Democratic Primary (National)
Al Gore- 43%
Howard Dean- 21%
Wesley Clark- 14%
John Edwards- 9%
Dick Gephardt- 8%
Dennis Kucinich- 3%
Al Sharpton- 2%
Undecided- 5%

To be continued...

Looks like a great timeline, ParrotGuy Cheesy
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »

1. Eliot Engel, D-NY-16: Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal, hawkish in general
2. Josh Gottheimer, D-NJ-05: Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal, hawkish in general, fiscally moderate to conservative
3. Albio Sires, D-NJ-08: Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal, Anti-Castro, Anti-Maduro, hawkish in general
4. Ben Cardin, D-Maryland: Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal, sponsor of Anti-Boycott bill, hawkish in general
5. Bob Menendez, D-New Jersey: Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal, Anti-Castro, Anti-Maduro, hawkish in general
6. Ted Deutch, D-FL-22: Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal, hawkish in general
7. Collin Peterson, D-MN-07: Pro-Life, Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal, Pro-Gun Rights
8. Dan Lipiniski, D-IL-03: Pro-Life, Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal
9. David Scott, D-GA-13: Pro-Israel, Anti-Iran Deal, Pro-Johnny Isakson, Bipartisanship

there are prob some others, but these are the main ones.

Also, I like Joe Manchin, D-West Virginia, but I like Evan Jenkins, R-WV-03 more and am supporting Jenkins.

While I'm not a huge hawk, the pro-Israel beliefs of these politicians (and the occasional fiscal moderate/conservative) make most of them FFs and good endorsements.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies