Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:06:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 77061 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: September 17, 2023, 08:35:23 PM »

I have no idea how old he is, but he strikes me as pretty young, so it's hard to actively dislike him. If he's actually in his 40s or something, my opinion would drop substantially.

Apparently he's been posting since 2012, which suggests he should be old enough to know better.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #1826 on: September 17, 2023, 08:40:47 PM »

I have no interest in traveling to other star systems, let alone other galaxies. There's plenty to see right here in the good ol' Solar System. Taking a trip to Uranus or Pluto or the asteroid belt is worldly enough for me.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #1827 on: September 18, 2023, 11:39:43 PM »

I have zero people on my ignore list, and that will always be the case.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1828 on: September 19, 2023, 01:55:59 AM »

Your analysis on Cuba was well thought out and articulate but comparing me to GregtheGreat takes the cake.  
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #1829 on: September 19, 2023, 05:22:51 PM »

Senator Romney is one of the few neoconservatives that I have respect for on a political level and you cannot deny that he is a man of integrity and principle. His decision to not run for re-election shows how far some in the GOP have strayed from the principles of republicanism, institutional trust, and reason. And his willingness to buck the party on key issues showed that he had strong political instincts in which he remained apologetic even when the fallout was fierce. I wish that he may continue to be active in politics as he is a sane voice in a time of insanity, although I wish him the best in his retirement.

The Supreme Court issue is why I would’ve opposed his re-election campaigns in ‘40 and ‘44 although with hindsight his refusal to accept Jewish refugees is the most obvious mistake. The Japanese Internment Camps are a runner up.

I think it's in poor taste to pull up a quote from years ago and judge it. I feel it's akin to cancelling someone although I doubt that was OP's intention. But if you're asking how I feel about the quote itself, it's one that I strongly disagree with it.

Christian Man has so many good recent quotes that I couldn't decide on one Cheesy

BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #1830 on: September 19, 2023, 06:43:45 PM »

I'm Canadian. Canada is the best country in the world. Change my mind.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1831 on: September 19, 2023, 07:09:52 PM »

No one. I like to listen to what everybody has to say.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1832 on: September 19, 2023, 08:38:18 PM »

I have no interest in traveling to other star systems, let alone other galaxies. There's plenty to see right here in the good ol' Solar System. Taking a trip to Uranus or Pluto or the asteroid belt is worldly enough for me.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1833 on: September 20, 2023, 09:01:48 PM »

No. He only picked Pence to appease Evangelical Christians, who are a group that is very much behind him now. He will pick someone even crazier than himself.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1834 on: September 20, 2023, 09:20:44 PM »

Not to defend political journalism, but they're in completely uncharted waters here with a presidential re-match.

In the 67 years since the last re-match presidential campaigns have become far longer and far more media-driven, and political journalism has evolved into a major component of the modern American media landscape.

For the first time in all of our memories, we're having essentially the exact same election as before. That doesn't exactly create a whole lot of interest or drama.

So the political media is in a situation where they have to do something to gin up interest, be it the many, many "Biden is Old" stories, the Hunter Biden stuff and now this Trump interview. Not condoning their methods but this is hardly surprising.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1835 on: September 21, 2023, 12:55:23 AM »

Walter White is actually an real person, and the poster above is actually him, and is caught and sent to jail for his crimes
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1836 on: September 21, 2023, 01:37:42 AM »

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1837 on: September 21, 2023, 11:39:30 AM »

We believe our economic policies help the worker

The Aztecs believed that if they did less human sacrifice the sun would go out.

Is that a fact. Wonder where they got that idea?

In my defense, I merely suggested it to them as a joke. I didn't think they'd take it literally!
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #1838 on: September 21, 2023, 11:44:01 AM »

I'm really curious what my opposite would be. Sorry if this is attention whorey.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1839 on: September 21, 2023, 01:55:21 PM »

West Virginia was becoming a solidly Democratic state by the 1996 Election, but the 2000 Election set it on a rightward course.

Nevada was becoming a solidly Republican state by the 1988 Election, for it had not voted Democratic since 1964 at that point; but the 1992 Election turned it into a swing state.

Virginia was becoming a solidly Republican state by the 2004 Election, but the 2008 Election set it on a leftward course.

The elephant in the room, however, is 1964. Before that election, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana were all solidly Democratic; after the 1964 Election, however, these states were sent on a very sudden rightward trajectory, and by 2000, all of these states were solidly Republican.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1840 on: September 21, 2023, 04:40:58 PM »

I don't think so. I think Atlas has, for the most part, learned the hard lesson from 2016: Don't bet too much that a certain candidate will win the presidency.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies