Favorite recent post by the previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:16:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favorite recent post by the previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74
Author Topic: Favorite recent post by the previous poster  (Read 79362 times)
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2017, 09:51:00 PM »

[...]

I would have voted for an actual turtle over Mitch.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2017, 01:06:39 AM »

Arizona chances of going Democratic in 2020 just got 10 feet taller.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2017, 07:54:40 AM »

You don't see any blue avatars now
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2017, 07:55:48 AM »

(Ignore the fact that it's about me, okay? Tongue)
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2017, 08:00:22 AM »

Fairly Odd Parents hasn't been good since 2006.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2017, 08:01:36 AM »

Basically Warren G. Harding doesn't die in 1923 from a heart attack. He runs for re-election in 1924 with Calvin Coolidge which angers Robert M. La Follette who primary's them but fails so launches a third party campaign. The Democrats nominate William Gibbs McAdoo after a severely contested convention against dark horse candidate John Davis and Oscar Underwood. The Teapot Dome scandal still occurs so the President is still damaged by that. How would the map would like?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2017, 04:55:09 PM »

That's exactly what they want you to think,

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »

Why is this news?

"Oh no he confused two people. #NotMyPresident."

"I have a very good brain."
--Donald Trump, March 16, 2016

Do you (and the rest of Cult 45) really not know that he sets himself up to be called out for stuff like this?  He is supposed to be so smart, such a great businessman, such an outstanding negotiator, the only one who could fix our problems (yes, he actually said that), who only hires the very best people--yet how many of them has he now fired or had to resign?...the reason the media seems so negative towards him is because he has promised so many things that he is incapable of delivering, because they were never true in the first place, and he needs to be called out for them...simply reporting facts that contradict the wild claims he's made about himself and his administration and everything surrounding it is now seen as negative and "fake" by you and your kind.

And people like you need to stop treating current-day America like things are normal, and this is all just normal politics, and as if Donald Trump is being treated unfairly....and instead start acting like an American who cares about his neighbors, his country, his once held ideals (which you have abandoned by following Trump, if your ideals were anything with a semblance of American patriotism).  You elected this man, this authoritarian, this would-be dictator, and you're too blind to see him for exactly what he is, because you trust the things he's told you (see above) even though there is absolute proof to the contrary of all his boasts.

Cult 45 is the #1 problem with this country today, with the president directly behind them.  And yes, you are in a cult.  You, Saint.  Blind, religious devotion to a man with no interests outside of his own personal gain.  He would literally destroy this country if it meant furthering his brand.  And you know it.

And by denying what you know, you are everything that is wrong with America today.
I never said this is normal, and please save the stupid "you worship him" s***. I don't even support him anymore. I just think it's idiotic to complain and make a huge deal out of confusing two people.

Seriously, I have said a bunch of times that I don't support him and that I will vote for his primary challenger (if he doesn't get impeached first). Anyone can tell you.

If you're going to attack me, at least do it right.

I'll even spell it out in my sig for you and for anyone else who makes these silly comparisons between me and the extremely rare person who actually thinks Trump is a God Emperor.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2017, 05:08:48 PM »

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2017, 05:15:10 PM »

Yes, I know it's very early but as you all can see that it doesn't bother me much. Tongue

Anyways, this title is self-explanatory. Tell which states you're excited to see it's results the most and if you like to explain why.

Here's my map of interesting states marked green:

-Colorado: I think it's pretty obvious to see which way Virginia would swing... Colorado would likely swing the way Virginia did too, but what I'm more curious about is what would the map look like. Would many rural counties like Las Animas County go back into the D column again? How would college educated whites vote relative to last year's election? How many Latinos (rural ones in particular) would stay with Trump (or the GOP period)? A lot of questions indeed.

-Florida: This bellwether shouldn't be overlooked. There were a lot of big swings to Trump in the Panhandle that countered the swings toward Clinton in the Miami area. Cubans still mostly voted for Trump, but I could see them swinging against the GOP more due to the ongoing trend. One interesting that I just noticed from the exit polls was that the electorate was 35% white college-educated and 27% white non-college, yet those who are college educated voted for Trump 62-35 while those without a degree voted for Trump 66-30. Looks like Clinton couldn't appeal to them much, lol. Also, Seniors stuck for Trump heavily, but looking at approval ratings, that could change. Overall, a lot to look out for in the Everglades state.

-Alaska: Simple. Big swings to Democrats for a good # of years in a row and all of that stopped last year. Trump right now isn't looking too hot in such a cold state, however.

-Arizona: Do I need to explain? Trump's underwhelming victory, Flake News, Arpaio, McCain's popularity vs. Trump's, and ACHA. Enough said although more could be said.

-Texas: Sure, 2016 could be just a "fluke", but I think Trump has the potential to do worse. I'm not saying he would lose Texas, but I am saying that with growing urban areas, accelerating demographic changes, not so good approval ratings right now, and, like other states, an economy that may tank it's quite possible and I am pretty sure people are underestimating his ability to underperform last year's results.

-Nebraska-02: Was somewhat close. As we've seen in 2008, it's possible for a Democrat to win it. Yes it was redistricted but I think Omaha's district can flip in the right conditions.

-Pennsylvania: Right now, Trump's falling here, Michigan, and Wisconsin. The next Democratic nominee should really drive turnout up in Philadelphia, keep a lock on it's suburbs, and pick up some "Trump-pivot" counties like Erie and do better throughout the central portion of the state. It is a lot, but it's worth it.

-Indiana: Indiana is a very elastic state and there are a few signs that Trump could underperform here as well...just how big league would the underperformance be? I sorta wonder if Missouri could behave in a similar way. But anyways, Trump was tied in the Gallup average approvals and there are similar patterns throughout the Midwest that show that he might just do worse. Hopefully, if Indiana does become competitive, hopefully the next Dem nominee would seriously make a play for it.

Now what are your thoughts?
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »

(Re: Erdogan vs el-Sisi)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2017, 09:12:19 PM »

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »

Nailed Wanda behind Cosmos back. How could you?! HP!
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2017, 09:41:17 AM »

What the  did you just ing say about me, you little bltch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in technocracy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on extremism, and I have over 300 confirmed bipartisan bills. I am trained in maverick warfare and I’m the top compromiser in the entire US Congress. You are nothing to me but just another potential ally. I will bribe you the  out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ing words. You think you can get away with proposing bold legislation to me over the Internet? Think again, er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of donors across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your principles. You’re ing corrupted, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can corrupt you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with pork spending. Not only am I extensively trained in lobbying, but I have access to the entire arsenal of K Street and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ideas off the face of the continent, you little shlt. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shlt money all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ing corrupted, kiddo.

(Sorry if I'm a little slow on this, but were you mimicking VT Dems against Bernie here?)
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2017, 09:47:33 AM »

What the  did you just ing say about me, you little bltch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in technocracy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on extremism, and I have over 300 confirmed bipartisan bills. I am trained in maverick warfare and I’m the top compromiser in the entire US Congress. You are nothing to me but just another potential ally. I will bribe you the  out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ing words. You think you can get away with proposing bold legislation to me over the Internet? Think again, er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of donors across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your principles. You’re ing corrupted, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can corrupt you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with pork spending. Not only am I extensively trained in lobbying, but I have access to the entire arsenal of K Street and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ideas off the face of the continent, you little shlt. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shlt money all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ing corrupted, kiddo.

(Sorry if I'm a little slow on this, but were you mimicking VT Dems against Bernie here?)

(Yeah, and technocratic fiscally centrist liberals in general.)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »

(Yeah, and technocratic fiscally centrist liberals in general.)

Ah ok
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2017, 12:22:29 PM »

Now that he supports cutting taxes for coporations he's considered a contender on here...oh atlas...
He was mentioned loooooong before that happened.
(hides fetish for corporations)

Your getting close to Joan Walsh territory. No sh*t he was mentioned before since he was running against Pelosi as speaker. The fact that he puts out Republican talking points as a Democrat in that interview proves how useless he is and how he should be another Martin O'Malley candidate if he runs.

This should be evidence enough.
Must. Be. Pure.
Is that all your going to do on this forum, mock progressives that hate corruption? Have fun in the minority of the party Smiley
Have fun dealing with a Republican supermajority in the House and Senate due to your ideological purism Smiley

Didn't work out that way for the Tea Party, or Watergate babies.

And when this "balance" was attempted in 1980 or 2004 or every midterm since '94 sans '06, it just led to exactly that.

Ryan's a goner anyway.
The Tea Party lost winnable races and have managed no major legislation.
This. GOP could've won Delaware and Nevada in 2010 and Indiana in 2012 (Was Akin a Tea Partier too? If so, then Missouri 2012 as well). If the party nominated someone other than Gillespie in 2014, VA's senate race would not have been as close.
Very wise insight to ideological radicalism
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2017, 07:46:52 PM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2017, 09:19:19 PM »

Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2017, 09:21:49 PM »

my dad won 1 term in the Maryland state house.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »

From Stefany Shaheen's autobiography, Faith, Family and the Campaign

I very clearly remember that morning, November 9th, 2016. The president was still an unknown factor, both candidates claiming victory and refusing to concede, the media scrambling to put together a program on one of the biggest electoral events in history.

But in Portsmouth, everything stood still.

To my surprise, and to many others', New Hampshire had vote for Donald Trump. The margin was small, of course, but it felt as if, for the first time, I didn't know my home. A state that willingly voted for President Obama twice - hell, it even voted for John Kerry of all people - and was widely known for its libertarian streak, its rugged identity, its defiance of authority, for some reason voted for the authoritarian tyrant.

Of course, there was a ray of hope. My good friend, Governor Maggie Hassan, managed to unseat Senator Ayotte despite the state casting its votes for Trump. Maggie and I went back for a couple years. She's always been a sweetheart - a woman I was proud to call my friend. In fact, the only reason I didn't run for anything in 2016 was her - she was dead set on becoming Senator, so I offered to help her instead.

My other friend, Collin, was running for governor. I actually met him when he was just a little baby, 22 years old, as he was working as consultant Mom hired during her first senate campaign. And then, fifteen years later, he had not only become an Executive Councillor, he became the nominee for Governor. And it was really quite funny - the whole election was a little battle between our two houses - the Shaheens and their friends against the Sununus. Of course, I also knew Chris, from the days he tried to flirt with me... yes, we even dated for a bit, but I'll spare the details.

It was clear during election night that Chris prevailed. Of course, I was devastated - it was the only governor's mansion the Democrats lost that night - and Collin was too. Before this election, it was nearly twenty years of Democrats, except for a brief two-year break by Governor Benson, at Bridges House.

I went to sleep, or at least did the best I could. I was restless for the whole night, tossing and turning in my bed. Finally, when morning arrived, I made a decision.

I called up Mike Vlacich, Mom's 2014 campaign manager. Without introduction, for Mike knew me, I said just a few simple words.

"I'm in for 2018."

Delaware
John Carney - 60.3%

Carl Bonini - 37.9%

Indiana
John Gregg - 50.3%

Eric Holcomb - 48.9%

Missouri
Chris Koster - 52.1%

Eric Greitens - 46.8%

Montana
Gov. Steve Bullock - 56.2%

Greg Gianforte - 40.3%

New Hampshire
Chris Sununu - 49.8%

Collin van Ostern - 47.1%

North Carolina
Roy Cooper - 50.1%

Gov. Pat McCrory - 48.8%

North Dakota
Doug Burgum - 70.3%

Marvin Nelson - 28.4%

Oregon
Gov. Kate Brown - 56.0%

Bud Pierce - 43.1%

Utah
Gov. Gary Herbert - 66.6%

Mike Weinholtz - 30.9%

Vermont
Terry Bouricius - 53.4%

Phil Scott - 46.6%

Washington
Gov. Jay Inslee - 59.3%

Phil Bryant - 39.5%

West Virginia
Jim Justice - 53.4%

Bill Cole - 41.3%
Charlotte Pritt - 5.3%

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2017, 12:24:39 AM »

To be fair, a Western Democrat hasn't really been tried since McGovern, and The West was the weakest region for Trump.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies