The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:01:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 86
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 215590 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: October 03, 2019, 05:45:19 PM »

In 2013, at his papal inauguration of March 19-20, Pope Francis said he strives to “promote friendship and respect between men and women of different religions.” Does this respect between different religions, then to your mind suggest the Pope has no respect to any religion?

People like Georg are increasingly developing the belief that they are literally more Catholic than the Pope, so I wouldn't be surprised if he bites the bullet on this, honestly.
No, we "are literally not more Catholic than the Pope" - we are catholic and this anthropotheistic AntiChrist, who puts openly "<human> life over <DIVINE> doctrine", is not.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1501 on: October 04, 2019, 08:15:33 PM »

Maybe time to drag this thread back to life again. Tongue

It seems likelier each day now that Trump will be dragged out of office, especially after what happened yesterday.

Trump is not gonna be removed from office. Senate Republicans won't let that happen, regardless of how many criminal acts (& the severity thereof) that Trump might commit.

It depends on his approval rating with Republicans, and to a lesser extent with independents. We know by now that had it been a secret ballot in the Senate today or yesterday, then at least 30-35 of the Republican Senators would vote to remove Trump from office. Several Republicans with deep knowledge of the situation have said so by now.

If it gets bad enough, and he will become a drag on all Republicans seeking office, they will follow their conscience, heart and morals, and do the right thing. These things always seem impossible until you blink one eye and all of a sudden it's inevitable and you start blaming yourself for not having seen it sooner.

LOL you're giving the Republican Senators wayyyy too much credit. Remember, they have future primaries that they'd very much prefer to not lose.

If Republican disapproval of Trump gets high enough, it might be worth it for many of them.

It won't. Trump's base will never not be deluded.

Not only that, we're talking about the Senate here. I think the vast majority of those Senators up for reelection will be far more worried about winning the general than getting primaried.

The "vast majority" of Republican Senators hold safe Republican seats, meaning their only worries would be a primary, not a general.

And those who are not up for reelection have absolutely NOTHING, ZILCH, ZERO to lose. So why not vote their conscience then?

Every Senator is (until they say otherwise) always up for re-election, whether it's 1, 3, or 5 years in the future. Senators who were elected last year presumably still have primaries to worry about down the line. And you know what they say about elephants...

You're a pathetic nobody who just immediately decides to lie on the back as soon as trouble happens.

What I hate the most about Democrats is that they have an absolute resistance for ever fighting back. Why? When fighting in many or most cases is the only way where you move forward in this life. Time for Democrats to finally grow a spine. You're pathetic almost ever single one of you.

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1502 on: October 07, 2019, 08:19:34 AM »

Context:

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1503 on: October 08, 2019, 03:15:18 PM »

I'm still optimistic and say never. He will be the nominee and defeat Donald Trump to become the 46th President of the United States.
Context: September 29th.
NeverAgainsSock
Rookie
« Reply #1504 on: October 11, 2019, 07:48:32 PM »

We probably ought to “extinct” their “rebellion.”
it's a pity Sherman went east instead of west

I couldn't find the roast thread, but this belongs here too. F'ing brutal...
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1505 on: October 12, 2019, 11:11:21 AM »

Thank you, Thumbo. I'm honored to be here; I'll try to keep this short. The case for my candidacy is simple: I am the only conscious being in the world that exists.

It's true. The rest of you people may claim to be sentient beings with the capacity for self-awareness, but I know the truth-- you're all just complex simulations designed to give the illusion of consciousness. There is not another single soul in this universe capable of perceiving stimulus and then consciously synthesizing that information into a course of action. You automatons are incapable of proving the existence of your own sentience to me-- so don't even try.

All of human history and the physical world is nothing more than a fleeting daydream created by my awesomely powerful imagination-- aka the only thing that ever has existed or will ever exist in the universe. As such, you soulless holograms exist only to serve me. None of you are real. You are mere side characters in the grand narrative of my all-encompassing psyche. My anima is a boundless energy that extends beyond the farthest reaches of the universe. I alone am capable of thought, emotion, pain, happiness, or higher-order forms of contemplation.

You will vote for me because you owe the very illusion of your existence to the limitless capacity of my mind.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1506 on: October 12, 2019, 11:33:12 PM »

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I don’t think it would be out there for one to venture a guess that a large share of Atlas posters are quite literally controlled by demonic entities.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #1507 on: October 13, 2019, 12:27:52 PM »

We probably ought to “extinct” their “rebellion.”
it's a pity Sherman went east instead of west

I couldn't find the roast thread, but this belongs here too. F'ing brutal...
There's a burn thread, but it rarely gets posted in: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=258473.msg6989110#msg6989110
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1508 on: October 13, 2019, 09:10:56 PM »

How many people have fond memories of the booming "Ford recovery"? They were living through the worst economy since the Depression, and conditions would remain poor for much of the next decade, until sustained GDP growth resumed in the years following the Reagan recovery.
1. Appeal to the credibility of the recollection of the masses.

No, nobody mentions that Ford’s entire campaign was that he’d created millions of jobs; that he’d reduced inflation from 12% to 5%, unemployment from 10% to 6%, turned a -1% GDP growth into a 5.5% GDP growth; that goes against the prevailing dichotomy of the entire 1970s as a failed decade, to have a brief recovery period. He did this by reducing taxes and raising spending during a time of great economic crisis, and managed to do so thanks to a bipartisan Congressional effort.

Those numbers are better than even Reagan’s or Clinton’s. Ford was defeated because a humble Baptist peanut farmer was seen as better than four more years of any Republican.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1509 on: October 14, 2019, 09:03:49 AM »

You know what they say about jokes: If you need to explain it, especially with a paragraph filled with numbers and phrases like "prevailing dichotomy," then it must be really funny.
Thanks bud.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1510 on: October 16, 2019, 08:38:37 PM »

I believe this puts him as the favorite for the WV Primary.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1511 on: October 19, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »

Hogan could keep it competitive by stressing kitchen table issues. If there's any place Hogan has spent alot, its at the kitchen table so he knows what hes talking about
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1512 on: October 22, 2019, 06:31:11 AM »

For Trump-Maine, Minnesota, Nevada.   
For Dems-Georgia, North Carolina, Iowa.

"And we can now project, ladies and gentlemen, that former Vice President Joe Biden has officially carried the state of Texas.

And we can now project, ladies and gentlemen, that President Johnson has woken up from his wet dream.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1513 on: October 22, 2019, 05:03:12 PM »

Tulsi should get a 2-3% bump out of this. I still think she could end up getting close to 10% in this primary.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1514 on: October 23, 2019, 11:50:58 PM »

Context: """Wexit"""

Thats fine, they can join us if they want.  We definitely don't need a new unstable, nationalist, and angry country on our border though..  So if they're going to try and go it on their own, a peace keeping force will be necessary to secure the oil.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1515 on: October 25, 2019, 02:15:22 PM »

I'm more worried about suburban supremacist groups using the internet to radicalize white moms like poor Joanna here. Just the other day I was monitoring my mom's Facebook feed because I don't respect her privacy and I stumbled across some seriously disturbing content-- you know, pictures of box wine, outdoor lighting, wooden swing benches, and minivans with TV screens on the backs of the seats. There were even images glorifying hard criminals like Martha Stewart and dangerous conspiracy theories about vaccines causing autism. When I confronted her about it, she doubled down, trying to defend herself even as a I told her that the internet was warping her fragile, eggshell-like mind. Despite this, she keeps visiting dark corners of the internet like Pinterest, Facebook, and "household living" blogs. I've even heard her repeating phrases that she obviously heard from the internet, like "Can I speak to the manager" and "Live, Love, Laugh." At first I thought it was just a phase she was going through, but now she's started to meet up with like-minded people in real life at shady PTA meetings and bake sales. I'm scared. I don't want to turn a blind eye and suddenly find her sharing Minions memes and taking Xanax with chardonnay at two in the afternoon. I just want my mom back.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1516 on: October 25, 2019, 06:57:18 PM »

Disarm Gaddafi, free the people of Libya, and save the world from grave danger.

So basically what we did?

Ya but with more Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Blackwater, televised shock and awe, and tearing down of statues.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1517 on: October 28, 2019, 03:55:35 PM »

Heart murmers are a leading cause of death in your sleep.  Its important to keep your health up so that won't happen
Context: John Conyers death thread
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1518 on: October 28, 2019, 09:35:01 PM »

Hard to believe, but context helps.

Are you willing to submit to a cavity search?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1519 on: October 29, 2019, 12:56:16 PM »

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1520 on: October 29, 2019, 07:21:05 PM »

I really hope Farage gets a seat this time. He’ll be tempted to run in a Labour Leave constituency but that’s not the right move. I think he’s got conviction, believes in his cause and unlike his friend Trump - isn’t a fraud
Yeah, right.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1521 on: October 30, 2019, 04:15:27 PM »

If only Twitter could have been censored back then. I bet that would've stopped Hitler!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1522 on: October 31, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »

Wow, Tulsi Gabbard was the only Republican to vote for the inquiry. Crazy.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #1523 on: November 01, 2019, 09:57:53 AM »

Anywhere from 2 to a 5 point win for Biden (lean-D), toss up/tilt-D with Sanders and Warren.
ltomlinson31
Canada

« Reply #1524 on: November 01, 2019, 01:06:15 PM »

Yes, Biden and Sanders are out. Biden is indeed a sloth and he will go down as the Jeb of 2020😏😏😏😏

Biden is the sloth in the race and is the low energy Jeb in this race, its clear that he shouldn't be the nominee

Warren is the best thing to happen to Dems, sloth Biden doesn't have it, Biden deserves to lose.

This poll is consistent with the QU polls that has been conducted, sloth Joe isnt the frontrunner, anymore

These polls contradict the good polls sloth Biden had yesterday. I guess the Ukraine scandal has damaged Biden.

Sloth Biden >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sleepy Joe
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies