Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:00:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 210183 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: September 20, 2013, 09:50:58 PM »

Date>Oklahoma v. Notre Dame>CAD >{big gap}work.  Q.E.D. No one can question/Totally Legit

Relationships > Football
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #851 on: September 20, 2013, 09:51:32 PM »

Does she know that you're posting details of your plans to get to know her, in a Biblical as well as colloquial sense no doubt, on a public internet forum?

You're right.  I should cease posting about our developing friendship.

Don't you dare.

We'll see, Eraser!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #852 on: September 20, 2013, 09:53:40 PM »

this date will interfere with your 16 hours of tv viewing.

Good!  There are some things in life that are more important than 16 hours of football!
It's a Christmas miracle!

Funny you say that, because her birthday is in November. (I won't disclose actual date because you know her age), so while I focus on Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have a birthday to plan, as well. Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #853 on: September 20, 2013, 09:56:11 PM »

Good!  There are some things in life that are more important than 16 hours of football!

Funny you say that, because her birthday is in November. (I won't disclose actual date because you know her age), so while I focus on Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have a birthday to plan, as well. Smiley
Then be planning, you don't want to lose her over her birthday. Wink
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #854 on: September 20, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »

Then be planning, you don't want to lose her over her birthday. Wink

I was just thinking that myself!  I've got ~2 months...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #855 on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:25 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2013, 10:21:52 PM by Eraserhead »

I will off Facebook and off the forum during that time, so you will have to wait until late that evening before I tell you how it went.

Don't verbiate adjectives.  Unless you're trying to talk like a hit man.

Also, I'm still curious about this apparent desire by Allison to "adopt a Thai baby".  Do you mean adopt as a financial sponsor, or literally adopt, and become its legal guardian?  She's planning to do this while single?!?

Whoops, I thought I put the word "be" in front of each off...   Incidentally, in one of the old bulletins for Woods Church, we used to take up the "Children's Offering" at some point during the service.  Once I put "Children's Offing"...  I was given a hard time over that!

I'm curious about the Thai baby myself.  I'm really intrigued, and I just don't know.  I assume she means legally adopt because she used the qualifier "If I can't have children."  Plus, combine that with the phrase "sponsor a kid from Ethiopia", Its safe to assume she means legally adopt.  I'm curious how she plans on doing that.  She would likely need a husband, like I need a wife for my two Kenya kids.  We'll see.

Oh no, do you off children after you're done loving on them???

Also, can she not have children?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #856 on: September 20, 2013, 10:05:20 PM »

Good thing you haven't told anyone here your real name, haven't told us Allison's name, haven't made your Facebook friends list public, and haven't checked to see if Allison lists her birthday publicly on her Facebook profile for the whole world to see.  Good thing you haven't done any of those things, because otherwise it would be pretty easy to figure out her birthday.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #857 on: September 20, 2013, 10:09:00 PM »

I assume she means legally adopt because she used the qualifier "If I can't have children."  Plus, combine that with the phrase "sponsor a kid from Ethiopia", Its safe to assume she means legally adopt.  I'm curious how she plans on doing that.  She would likely need a husband, like I need a wife for my two Kenya kids.  We'll see.

Bushie + Allison get married, and they have a blended family with adopted Kenyan kids and an adopted Thai baby.  I see a great premise for a sitcom.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #858 on: September 20, 2013, 10:10:19 PM »

I will off Facebook and off the forum during that time, so you will have to wait until late that evening before I tell you how it went.

Don't verbiate adjectives.  Unless you're trying to talk like a hit man.

Also, I'm still curious about this apparent desire by Allison to "adopt a Thai baby".  Do you mean adopt as a financial sponsor, or literally adopt, and become its legal guardian?  She's planning to do this while single?!?

Whoops, I thought I put the word "be" in front of each off...   Incidentally, in one of the old bulletins for Woods Church, we used to take up the "Children's Offering" at some point during the service.  Once I put "Children's Offing"...  I was given a hard time over that!

I'm curious about the Thai baby myself.  I'm really intrigued, and I just don't know.  I assume she means legally adopt because she used the qualifier "If I can't have children."  Plus, combine that with the phrase "sponsor a kid from Ethiopia", Its safe to assume she means legally adopt.  I'm curious how she plans on doing that.  She would likely need a husband, like I need a wife for my two Kenya kids.  We'll see.

Oh no, do you off children after you're done loving on them???

Also, can she can she not have children?

I've got duffel bags full in the back yard...  (just kidding, of course)!

I don't know if she has the ability or not.  I felt it was a little too soon to ask...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #859 on: September 20, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »

Good thing you haven't told anyone here your real name, haven't told us Allison's name, haven't made your Facebook friends list public, and haven't checked to see if Allison lists her birthday publicly on her Facebook profile for the whole world to see.  Good thing you haven't done any of those things, because otherwise it would be pretty easy to figure out her birthday.

Good point...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #860 on: September 20, 2013, 10:13:44 PM »

I don't know if she has the ability or not.  I felt it was a little too soon to ask...

Sounds like a great question for a first date.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #861 on: September 20, 2013, 10:16:02 PM »

Sounds like a great question for a first date.

I'm sure it will come up in conversation at some point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #862 on: September 20, 2013, 10:23:56 PM »

With no alarm on the other side, I'm going to take this opportunity to hit the sack.  Over and out.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #863 on: September 20, 2013, 10:44:33 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2013, 10:51:55 PM by ProgressiveCapitalist »

I assume she means legally adopt because she used the qualifier "If I can't have children."  Plus, combine that with the phrase "sponsor a kid from Ethiopia", Its safe to assume she means legally adopt.  I'm curious how she plans on doing that.  She would likely need a husband, like I need a wife for my two Kenya kids.  We'll see.

Bushie + Allison get married, and they have a blended family with adopted Kenyan kids and an adopted Thai baby.  I see a great premise for a sitcom.

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #864 on: September 20, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »

Are there any non-chain restaurants in Oklahoma?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #865 on: September 21, 2013, 12:09:20 AM »

Date>Oklahoma v. Notre Dame>CAD >{big gap}work.  Q.E.D. No one can question/Totally Legit

Relationships > Football

If you make arrangements very early in the relationship, you can have both.  I made it clear to my wife before we were even officially a couple that I would not be missing an MSU football game for any reason ever, that I planned to spend fall Saturdays watching as much college football as possible, and that I expected her to console me whenever MSU loses.  Since I got it out of the way early, I got the best of both worlds.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #866 on: September 21, 2013, 08:10:03 AM »

Relationships > Football

If you make arrangements very early in the relationship, you can have both.  I made it clear to my wife before we were even officially a couple that I would not be missing an MSU football game for any reason ever, that I planned to spend fall Saturdays watching as much college football as possible, and that I expected her to console me whenever MSU loses.  Since I got it out of the way early, I got the best of both worlds.

Make no mistake, she is a huge college football fan.  She goes to most Oklahoma State home games since she lives in Stillwater.  I'm an Oklahoma Sooner fan, so we've talked about the fun Bedlam competitions we will have in the house!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #867 on: September 21, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »

Absolutely.  They are mostly diners, and there are some where you would be wise to stay away from, but others are really good.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #868 on: September 21, 2013, 08:20:36 AM »

Absolutely.  They are mostly diners...

Of course.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #869 on: September 21, 2013, 09:04:56 AM »

Are there any real Italian restaurants run by any of us real Italians? I couldn't bear the thought of not being near at least one.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #870 on: September 21, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »

Bushie, since your first date will be at Applebee's, I think you'll need to step it up for the second date, and go to IHOP:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=109091.msg2332294#msg2332294
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #871 on: September 21, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »

To be honest, I have only been to IHOP maybe once or twice since I came home from Utah 7 months ago.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #872 on: September 21, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »

This is scary for someone who has a second home in Kenya...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/21/world/africa/kenya-mall-gunbattle/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #873 on: September 21, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »

You have a home there? You have a home here???
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #874 on: September 21, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »

You have a home there? You have a home here???

If home is where the heart is, then yeah, it's home.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies