Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 10:39:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 210917 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: September 23, 2013, 11:28:36 AM »

I know some guys that did that because their girlfriends think its cute. I was talking about asking him if he could get serious. I've never heard of that before. Tongue

As for the parents, why would they reject Bushie? If they don't even know him, how would they be in the position to say yes or no? Wouldn't they trust her judgment?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #951 on: September 23, 2013, 11:35:14 AM »

Bushie, don't eat anything greasy or messy during your first lunch together.  Chew your food with your mouth closed and swallow it before you talk.  A double cheesburger and fries is NOT what you need to make a first impression.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #952 on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »

But what if that's what she likes too? What if they both eat burgers and fries? Love at first mouthful?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #953 on: September 23, 2013, 12:00:29 PM »

Bushie, don't eat anything greasy or messy during your first lunch together.  Chew your food with your mouth closed and swallow it before you talk.  A double cheesburger and fries is NOT what you need to make a first impression.

Having seen the girl on Facebook, I doubt she would object to said meal.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #954 on: September 23, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »

But what if that's what she likes too? What if they both eat burgers and fries? Love at first mouthful?

Well if they have similar food lusts he might as well just pop the question right then and there! 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #955 on: September 23, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »

Get serious means progressing this relationship further.  Engagement is still likely a few months away.  Mom is not buying her ring!!! 
This made my day. Thank you.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #956 on: September 23, 2013, 12:31:06 PM »

The asking permission to get serious is weird as heck, but I think everyone's overreacting to the whole asking fathers' permission for hands in marriage.  A lot of girls think it's "cute" to have the guy do that out of tradition, and nobody expects a boyfriend to ask the mother for permission.  I think you guys are being overly critical on Bushie for that aspect of it.
I actually agree with Inks here, this asking for permission talk is derailing the update right now.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #957 on: September 23, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »

asking for permission to do anything is weird, creepy, misogynistic and just wrong.

no 30+ year old man needs permission from parents to date or marry.  craziness.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #958 on: September 23, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »

Big and fat?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #959 on: September 23, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »

Get serious means progressing this relationship further.  Engagement is still likely a few months away.  Mom is not buying her ring!!! 

A few months away?!?!?!  What the frak, Bushie... you haven't even gone on a date yet, and you're planning on getting engaged?  I think Bushie is yanking our chain, because nobody on this planet is as stupid as Bushie is pretending to be right now.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #960 on: September 23, 2013, 01:38:24 PM »

A few months away?!?!?!  What the frak, Bushie... you haven't even gone on a date yet, and you're planning on getting engaged?  I think Bushie is yanking our chain, because nobody on this planet is as stupid as Bushie is pretending to be right now.

bushie believes in old fashioned values, such as getting married on a whim just so you can have sex.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #961 on: September 23, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »

It'd be funny if her dad said no
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #962 on: September 23, 2013, 02:05:50 PM »

It'd be funny if her dad said no
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #963 on: September 23, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »

Just let this play out..... don't ridicule him. This is how he operates!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #964 on: September 23, 2013, 02:26:11 PM »

Talks to her three times over Facebook = the engagement is only a few months away.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #965 on: September 23, 2013, 02:32:07 PM »

"Um, excuse me, sir, do you think it'd be alright if I banged your daughter?"
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #966 on: September 23, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »

Jeff, stupid question but are you capable of just dating someone without immediately jumping into thoughts of engagement/marriage/children?

Are you even attracted to this person physically? Have you even heard her voice yet?

(Okay, done being serious now. I think.)

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #967 on: September 23, 2013, 02:46:39 PM »

The asking permission to get serious is weird as heck, but I think everyone's overreacting to the whole asking fathers' permission for hands in marriage.  A lot of girls think it's "cute" to have the guy do that out of tradition, and nobody expects a boyfriend to ask the mother for permission.  I think you guys are being overly critical on Bushie for that aspect of it.

No one is gawking at asking permission for marriage (even though I've never heard of anyone I know actually doing that). It's beyond bizarre to ask permission just for a date though. Is he going to ask again for marriage or does this one cover it all?

Having said that,  if she asked him specifically to do it, he should.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #968 on: September 23, 2013, 02:49:57 PM »

asking for permission to do anything is weird, creepy, misogynistic and just wrong.

no 30+ year old man needs permission from parents to date or marry.  craziness.

I think the issue is more whether a ~30-year-old woman needs permission from her own parents.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #969 on: September 23, 2013, 03:58:56 PM »

I see there have been some goodies posted since lunch!  Where should I begin?  I think I'll start with this one:

I am not even thinking of engagement.  Knowing me, if I had, I would have nailed down a specific date.  I'm saying this to get the idea of speed dating out of the forum's collective head.  I see I have failed in that attempt.  Sigh.  Remember, on the previous page I answered Duke's question of odds of engagement by Monday with 0.0%.  I am going to at least attempt to act smarter with this one.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #970 on: September 23, 2013, 04:05:26 PM »

He certainly aught to if he knew what was good for him.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #971 on: September 23, 2013, 04:11:55 PM »

Big and fat?

I wanted to dance around that, but yes.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #972 on: September 23, 2013, 04:22:22 PM »

I see there have been some goodies posted since lunch!  Where should I begin?  I think I'll start with this one:

I am not even thinking of engagement.  Knowing me, if I had, I would have nailed down a specific date.  I'm saying this to get the idea of speed dating out of the forum's collective head.  I see I have failed in that attempt.  Sigh.  Remember, on the previous page I answered Duke's question of odds of engagement by Monday with 0.0%.  I am going to at least attempt to act smarter with this one.

Dude, you just the engagement is probably "a few months away"...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #973 on: September 23, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »

Dude, you just the engagement is probably "a few months away"...

It's a generalization, not an approximation.  Also, it is to reinforce not any time soon.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #974 on: September 23, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »

I think they make a lovely couple. I'm rooting for Jeffison!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies