Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:50:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 210477 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #925 on: September 23, 2013, 07:07:04 AM »

Don't play dumb, Mr. Morden. Why would he need the mother's permission? Women are 2nd class citizens in the great state of Oklahoma! Might as well be asking the pet goldfishes permission in Bushies view.

Yes, of course, but I'm wanting to see if Bushie will actually admit that, or if he tries to weasel his way out and pretend that it isn't sexist.  e.g., "I ask for her father's permission because that's what people do in Oklahoma.  Doesn't mean it's the only way to do things, but it's the way I was brought up, and there's nothing wrong with it."

How about that?  Is Bushie clueless enough to post that, and not realize how ridiculous it is?  Why am I even asking?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #926 on: September 23, 2013, 07:30:52 AM »

At least give it a month. I know how these meetings go....when you first met Tiffanye it was a few days until you were engaged and with Susan it was about the same, but this time at least get to know her a bit.

I know you won't, but this is my best advice. I can't wait for you all to meet! Cheesy
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #927 on: September 23, 2013, 07:33:10 AM »

Don't play dumb, Mr. Morden. Why would he need the mother's permission? Women are 2nd class citizens in the great state of Oklahoma! Might as well be asking the pet goldfishes permission in Bushies view.

Now you know that's not true.  I will ask both, but in the old fashioned traditions, the girl's father is giving his consent to hand over care of his baby girl to another man.  We plan to bring back old fashioned traditions.  They are generally so much better than today's crap.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #928 on: September 23, 2013, 07:47:03 AM »

Now you know that's not true.  I will ask both, but in the old fashioned traditions, the girl's father is giving his consent to hand over care of his baby girl to another man.  We plan to bring back old fashioned traditions.  They are generally so much better than today's crap.

Will she ask your parents to hand over care of their baby boy to her?  I mean, you're the one whose parents are "caring" for you, in a sense, so it seems like the sensible thing to do.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #929 on: September 23, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »

Royal "we"?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #930 on: September 23, 2013, 07:57:41 AM »

Will she ask your parents to hand over care of their baby boy to her?  I mean, you're the one whose parents are "caring" for you, in a sense, so it seems like the sensible thing to do.

Just an FYI.....pointing out the silliness in Bushie's post is making  you look equally silly. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #931 on: September 23, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »

Now you know that's not true.  I will ask both, but in the old fashioned traditions, the girl's father is giving his consent to hand over care of his baby girl to another man.  We plan to bring back old fashioned traditions.  They are generally so much better than today's crap.

Will she ask your parents to hand over care of their baby boy to her?  I mean, you're the one whose parents are "caring" for you, in a sense, so it seems like the sensible thing to do.

Just an FYI.....pointing out the silliness in Bushie's post is making  you look equally silly.  

Not at all.  We plan to bring back old fashioned Update traditions of drawing out Bushie-isms by pointing out his silliness.  Would we have gotten a gem like "the girl's father is giving his consent to hand over care of his baby girl to another man" if he hadn't been pressed on the matter?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #932 on: September 23, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »

Yes, the old fashioned tradition of treating women as chattle is certainly so much better than today's equality crap!

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #933 on: September 23, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »

Does she subscribe to old fashioned tradition as well? I need to find a girl like that. These modern girls are driving me insane.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #934 on: September 23, 2013, 08:25:57 AM »

Does she subscribe to old fashioned tradition as well?

He probably doesn't know yet, if all they've done is IM on Facebook.  "Do you subscribe to old fashioned tradition?" will be the second question he'll raise on their first date, just after "Why do you want to adopt a Thai baby?" and just before "When should we get married?".
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #935 on: September 23, 2013, 08:32:22 AM »

The anticipation of this date is unbearable. It's like the week before Christmas for me. I just know he is going to get engaged by Sunday but he's going to talk about talking it slow up until that very moment and it's going to be glorious when it happens. He's already planning to ask her dad to get serious. 

When is he going to reveal this relationship to his Facebook friends?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #936 on: September 23, 2013, 08:34:38 AM »

His status will be "in a relationship" when he gets home from Date 1.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #937 on: September 23, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »

What are the odds he pops the question before next Monday morning?

I have a feeling engagement and a disaster of a date have about the same odds, with taking it slow being far behind. Longtime Update fans should expect these two scenarios.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #938 on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:58 AM »

Does she want you to ask her father's permission to just date her?  If she has told you to do so, then OK,  but unless she specifically has, I wouldn't just assume that you need permission from a 30-year-old woman's father just to take her on a date...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #939 on: September 23, 2013, 09:38:21 AM »

Does she want you to ask her father's permission to just date her?  If she has told you to do so, then OK,  but unless she specifically has, I wouldn't just assume that you need permission from a 30-year-old woman's father just to take her on a date...

Bushie follows the old fashioned codes, Harry. It is legit and you're making yourself look silly by questioning his motives.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #940 on: September 23, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »

Bushie believes in those old-time sexual values, like paying for Playboy
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #941 on: September 23, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »

Bushie follows the old fashioned codes, Harry. It is legit and you're making yourself look silly by questioning his motives.

Harry and Mr. Morden.  Roll Eyes 

I'm with Dukey, but I think he waits til date 3 to get engaged.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #942 on: September 23, 2013, 10:42:39 AM »

Yes, the old fashioned tradition of treating women as chattle is certainly so much better than today's equality crap!

I like to treat mine with respect.  I open doors, buy flowers, and ask her dad's blessing.  That's not the same as permission.  She's 27 and can make her own decisions, but it is courtesy to her parents to ask their blessing to get serious.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #943 on: September 23, 2013, 10:44:13 AM »

Does she subscribe to old fashioned tradition as well? I need to find a girl like that. These modern girls are driving me insane.

Yes, as a matter of fact, she was the one who asked me to ask her dad's blessing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #944 on: September 23, 2013, 10:44:15 AM »

What does get serious mean? Buy flowers, open doors?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #945 on: September 23, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »

His status will be "in a relationship" when he gets home from Date 1.

Likely this, but I'm waiting for her okay to change my Facebook status.  She wants to wait until after we see each other for the first time before we make a relationship "official."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #946 on: September 23, 2013, 10:48:50 AM »

What are the odds he pops the question before next Monday morning?

I have a feeling engagement and a disaster of a date have about the same odds, with taking it slow being far behind. Longtime Update fans should expect these two scenarios.

The odds by Monday? 0.0%
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #947 on: September 23, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »

What does get serious mean? Buy flowers, open doors?

Get serious means progressing this relationship further.  Engagement is still likely a few months away.  Mom is not buying her ring!!!  The only way I can buy her ring is if I have a job and that won't happen until April.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #948 on: September 23, 2013, 10:57:34 AM »

I know this question will be asked, so I'll answer it now.  Suppose I don't get her Dad's blessing. What then?  I will ask Alli if she feels comfortable enough to continue.  If she does, I will work on mending my relationship with her parents.  If she is not comfortable, we'll split peacefully and gracefully.  Neither of us anticipate that happening, but if it does this is what we'll do .
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #949 on: September 23, 2013, 11:20:49 AM »

The asking permission to get serious is weird as heck, but I think everyone's overreacting to the whole asking fathers' permission for hands in marriage.  A lot of girls think it's "cute" to have the guy do that out of tradition, and nobody expects a boyfriend to ask the mother for permission.  I think you guys are being overly critical on Bushie for that aspect of it.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies