2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:19:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 81119 times)
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: October 11, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »

I'd prefer to jump to right before the conventions.
I like this idea.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #601 on: November 01, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

Bump--I'm trying to get the ball rolling on this. Jerry, you should pick your running mate soon.

Ventura Rally: Austin, Texas

Folks, this campaign has been going very well so far, and we're having the establishment cower. They don't just see us as a "spoiler" anymore, I'll tell you that much. Now they see that I may actually win, like I did the governorship! The donations are increasing by the day, our poll numbers are inching up across the nation, and the dedicated members of my campaign are beefing up offices in many states. With all of that said, you know I can't do this alone. I need a vice president by my side. For such a role, I need someone who sticks to principle, and who won't sway with the wind like these spineless politicians. They have to be somebody who takes the law seriously and who will apply it fairly and equally, unlike these Constitution-shredders who have been in office for so long. My VP must have a moral character and must have dignity and humility.

Well, I can tell you all that I've found such a person through my searching. For all of his life in public service he's been firm on preserving liberty for all. He's stood up to the lobbyists, to the corporations, and to his own party time and time again, never afraid to speak his mind the way he sees it. He's done more in Congress to stand up for the freedoms of all Americans than anyone else I can think of, and I see no better choice for my running mate. Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you to welcome the next Vice President of the United States, Texas Congressman Ron Paul!

Ventura/Paul 2012: The People's Voice
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #602 on: November 01, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »

I will have running mate on sunday
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #603 on: November 01, 2013, 05:49:38 PM »

Very good. Following the announcement, I will post the final update before the conventions, in which polling will reflect the turbulence of the GOP race.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #604 on: November 01, 2013, 11:01:48 PM »

Ron Paul, Vice Presidential Nominee with Jesse Ventura

A Campaign for Liberty and Freedom

"I obviously accept Mr. Ventura's generous offer. I've looked at his campaign, and everything he has said has impressed me deeply. Unlike any of the Republican candidates, he has a deep and profound respect for the constitution. Unlike any of the Democratic candidates, he actually has an understanding for personal liberty and a good, diplomatic foreign policy. Both parties have failed the American people, because they offer the same false choice of big v. small government. Republicans promise smaller government but only deliver bigger government. Democrats promise bigger government and deliver on their promises! Under every administration, Government has grown in size. Jesse Ventura and I want to break the trend.

I hear people in the media saying why should we be in this race, we're not going to win. Well,t they're wrong on that. Because first they ignore you, then they mock you, then they attack you, and then you win! This campaign will not be in vain, we will win in November and finally return this country to the constitutional principles that we were founded on!"

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #605 on: November 01, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »

POLITICO: Ventura-Paul Moneybomb Breaks Records

Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura has reason to be happy right now: One day after announcing Texas Congressman Ron Paul as his running mate at a rally in Austin, Texas, a 'moneybomb' set up on the Ventura campaign's website has collected nearly $9 million in fresh donations. This number is the most raised in one day by any presidential candidate in American history, and speaks to the level of grassroots support that the independent ticket has. "Our campaign has been contacting donors and building anticipation for the big reveal over the course of weeks, and even we were surprised by just how staggering the cash flow is," said Dean Barkley, former Minnesota Senator and Ventura campaign manager. "Everything just fell in place, it seems."

The news will help Ventura not only with funding campaign operations, but will garner him media attention and attests to the fact that his candidacy is a serious one. "You've got in Jesse Ventura the most serious threat to the Democrats and Republicans in a presidential election since Ross Perot," said Pat Buchanan, political commentator and former presidential candidate, "and I think this fundraiser of his is ample evidence of that. It would be foolish of them to laugh him and Ron Paul off at this point." Early reports suggest that much of the funds from the moneybomb will be used to improve state campaign offices as well as build new ones, and will also be utilized to expand the campaign's TV ad reach nationwide.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #606 on: November 03, 2013, 12:40:04 PM »

Saturday August 12th, 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia

"Today, I am here to announce my choice for the next Vice President of the United States.  When selecting a running mate I wanted someone who has had a background in law and who has been a Governor of a state.  I wanted someone, who like me is from outside of Washington.  I present to you the Next Vice President Chris Christie."

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #607 on: November 03, 2013, 01:01:37 PM »

RealClearPolitics

Polling Update

NATIONAL AVERAGE

Obama/Biden: 47%
Ayotte/Christie: 38%
Ventura/Paul: 8%
Undecided/Other: 7%

Analysis:
In what could be considered the most shocking twist in presidential primary history, the 2012 GOP Primary ended with the surprise withdrawals of both Daniels and Hutchison, leaving Ayotte, who was polling third in almost every poll, the default nominee. Many were originally hesitant to support her, and Governor Ventura capitalized on that by picking Ron Paul as his Vice President, a popular figure in the Tea Party movement.

Throughout the summer, Ayotte slowly clawed back - at one point, she was polling in the high 20's - as more and more Republicans start becoming more supportive of her. Half of this poll was done before her popular VP selection of Chris Christie, while half was not. His impact has already been seen throughout the Rust Belt, with many Independent voters becoming very interested in a campaign that is running much more moderate than anticipated. Things are certainly not over for Ayotte-Christie, despite their lack of experience, but will Ventura-Paul play spoiler, handing Obama-Biden a second term? Time will tell.

It is now time for conventions! Please post who you would like to speak at your respective conventions, as well as the President and Vice President's acceptance speeches. Afterwards I will make a post summarizing the conventions and awarding one side as the winner!

Turn will last for roughly 72 hours.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #608 on: November 03, 2013, 01:10:29 PM »

"I have an important announcement to make today. Effective noon tomorrow, I officially resign my position as United States Secretary of State. My letter of resignation has been given to President Obama. I have enjoyed and am proud of the work I have been able to do for the American people in my post, and hope to be able to do more in the years to come; but in a different way. Thank you."
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #609 on: November 03, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »

TV Ad: How Washington Works

Hello, I'm Governor Jesse Ventura. My running mate Ron Paul and I have never once met with a lobbyist in our time in public service, nor do we receive big donations from banks and corporations. Meanwhile, you see career politicians in Washington constantly get paid off: one big sum of cash for another vote. That's not how politics is supposed to work, and as independents, we belong to no party or special interest group. Our only representatives are the American people. This movement is growing stronger every day. Come and be a part of history with us. I'm Jesse Ventura, and I approve this message.

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #610 on: November 03, 2013, 03:04:46 PM »

To counter the Democratic and Republican National Conventions, the Ventura campaign decided to orchestrate a "super rally" in the same vein of the rallies for Ralph Nader in 2000, to be held in between the two conventions. Planned weeks in advance, the event was held in Madison Square Garden in New York City, and it was completely sold out very soon after tickets were announced. Along with Ventura and Paul, speakers came from all across the political spectrum to voice their support for the ticket.

Buddy Roemer

I ran for president going against big money and everything it stands for. While I never got the nomination, I helped expose the corruption of the status quo to everyday Americans across the campaign trail. Now Jesse is picking off where I left off, and we all need to rally behind him so that our voices are finally heard for once. I stand with the governor!

Ralph Nader

Corporate crime has been going through the roof over the last few decades. It's simply gotten worse with every passing administration, and it's not like our current president will stand up to his corporate masters. Nobody has been held accountable for this economic mess we've gotten ourselves into, and there's a reason for that: they're all working together! I know Governor Ventura well and I'm confident that he'll finally prosecute the crooks, so I encourage my fellow progressives to stand behind him and Congressman Paul so we can see an actual change for once.

Gary Johnson

As a businessman, I built up a construction company that eventually was worth millions. I came into the governorship of New Mexico with the same work ethic and determination, and I balanced our state's budgets and lowered people's tax burdens. I know what fiscal responsibility looks like, and I can't say that Barack Obama or Kelly Ayotte has a clue what that is. Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul have both been committed to living within our means and tampering down this beast of a government, and their records show it. We need to get behind common sense governing!

Rocky Anderson

While I can't say I agree with them on everything, I know where they stand and I know they're sincere about it. And on some of the most important issues of this age, we see eye to eye, like this awful War on Drugs which has cost us so much and we end up with so little. The two parties have both ignored pressing issues for years because they can't benefit from it in the short-term. It's time that Americans, left and right, unite together this time so we can make a change for the better!

Angus King

Jesse and I served together as governors years ago. I got to know him very well and we had a strong bond as the two independent governors of the whole nation. He had a solid record in Minnesota and tried to work with people in a constructive manner. You may not always agree with him, but you know that he takes his job seriously, and I'm completely confident that he'll make an excellent president.

Andrew Napolitano

There's no denying at this point that our Bill of Rights is vanishing before our very eyes, and both parties have been complicit in this. You can be droned overseas as an American citizen and they wouldn't bat an eye. They're peeking at all of our phone calls and emails without a warrant. I'm highly disturbed by all of this as someone who specializes in law. Governor Ventura and Congressman Paul are the only people in this election who care about civil liberties, and anyone who believes in freedom must go vote for them this November!

Walter Jones, Jr.

I used to be one of the biggest advocates for Iraq out there, but I came to realize how much of a failure the mission was and I became horrified at it. Now I know that the US must be very cautious in how to use our military, as we've gone beyond our boundaries for decades. We can't manage to be the world policemen: Not only does it backfire abroad, but we don't have the money to keep up this empire. Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul are the only candidates preaching the truth on foreign affairs, and their voices ought to be heard in this election cycle.

Ron Paul

For a long while I associated myself as a Republican. In theory, based on everything they say, the Republicans should be the party of small government, individual liberty, and personal responsibility. However, the elected officials I've seen for the most part have failed to live up to any of these mantras. I see the Republicans as just as bad as the Democrats in eroding freedom. No longer am I part of a party, because we must take a new approach for our problems. Jesse is just as committed to the cause of liberty as I am, and we appeal to anyone who is disgusted with how politics works right now. This November, let's give them a race they'll never forget!

Jesse Ventura

You've been hearing all of these fantastic speakers tonight. It doesn't matter whether they're liberal or conservative, Democratic or Republican, or whatever else. What counts is that we're all unified on taking back this country from the cronies who have occupied Washington for so long. Let's face it, the two parties have failed us time and time again. They never keep up with their big promises, and they rig the game so that they can still be in office as long as possible. You're not allowed to dissent from the establishment or else they'll call you a "kook." Well, are you really going to call millions of average Americans who believe in what we stand for "kooks" as well? Because they see through your lies, and they've had enough of it! This campaign continues to get momentum because people know that the Democrats and Republicans haven't represented them. I'm very pleased by what we've accomplished so far, but please, continue to spread the message however possible. With your help, I know that we'll not only give them a scare, but we'll win! Thank you, and good night, everyone!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #611 on: November 03, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »

Convention Motto and Theme:  A Better Future

Monday, August 27-We Can Do Better
-All activities cancelled due to Hurricane Isaac.

Tuesday, August 28 -We Can Do This
-Sharon Day, co-chairwoman of the Republican National Committee with Roll Call Vote
-Bob Buckhornn, Democratic Mayor of Tampa welcoming Delegates
-William Harris, CEO of the Republican National Convention.
-Al Austin, Chairman of the Tampa Bay Host Committee.
-Ricky Gill, Republican candidate for US Representative for California's 9th congressional district.
-Quico Canseco, United States Representative for Texas's 23rd congressional district.
Andy Barr, Republican candidate for US Representative for Kentucky's 6th congressional district.
-David Rouzer, member of the North Carolina Senate for the 12th district and Republican candidate for US Representative for North Carolina's 7th congressional district.
-Richard Hudson, Republican candidate for US Representative for North Carolina's 8th congressional district.
-Mark Meadows, Republican candidate for US Representative for North Carolina's 11th congressional district.
-Dan Benishek, United States Representative for Michigan's 1st congressional district.
-Tom Cotton, Republican candidate for US Representative for Arkansas's 4th congressional district.
Jackie Walorski, former Republican member of the Indiana House of Representatives for the 21st district and Republican candidate for US Representative for Indiana's 2nd congressional district.
Steve Daines, Republican candidate for US Representative for Montana's At-large congressional district.
Tim Scott, United States Representative for South Carolina's 1st congressional district.
Sean Duffy, United States Representative for Wisconsin's 7th congressional district.
Keith Rothfus, Republican candidate for US Representative for Pennsylvania's 4th congressional district.
Timothy Griffin, United States Representative for Arkansas's 2nd congressional district.
Deb Fischer, member of the Nebraska Legislature for the 43rd district and Republican candidate for US Senate from Nebraska.
Rick Berg, United States Representative for North Dakota's At-large congressional district and Republican candidate for US Senate from North Dakota.
Rae Lynn Chornenky, president of the National Federation of Republican Women.
Alex Schriver, National Chairman of the College Republican National Committee.
Mick Cornett, Republican Mayor of Oklahoma City.
Chris Fussner, Global Chair of Republicans Abroad and CEO of TransTechnology.
Lisa Stickan, Chairperson of the Young Republicans.
John Hoeven, United States Senator from North Dakota.
Marsha Blackburn, United States Representative for Tennessee's 7th congressional district.
John Boehner, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives.
Reince Priebus, Chairman of the Republican National Committee.
Mia Love, Mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah and Republican candidate for US Representative for Utah's 4th congressional district.
Janine Turner, actress and Tea Party activist.
Sher Valenzuela, candidate for Lt. Governor of Delaware.
John Kasich, Governor of Ohio.
Mary Fallin, Governor of Oklahoma.
Bob McDonnell, Governor of Virginia, accompanied by Bev Gray.
Scott Walker, Governor of Wisconsin.
Brian Sandoval, Governor of Nevada.
Phil Archuletta, New Mexico businessman.
Rick Santorum, former U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania and 2012 Presidential candidate.
Ted Cruz, former Texas solicitor general and 2012 Republican nominee from Texas for U.S. Senate.
Artur Davis, former Democratic United States Representative for Alabama's 7th congressional district and 2010 Democratic candidate for Governor of Alabama.
Mitt Romney, former Governor of Massachusetts and 2012 Presidential Candidate
Joe Ayotte Husband of nominee Kelly Ayotte
Nikki Haley, Governor of South Carolina. - keynote speaker.

Wednesday, August 29 -We Can Change It
Mitch McConnell, Republican Minority Leader of the Senate.
Rand Paul, United States Senator from Kentucky.
Christopher Devlin-Young, Salt Lake City Gold Olympian alpine ski racer, and Jeanine McDonnell
John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona and 2008 presidential nominee.
Pam Bondi, Attorney General of Florida, and Sam Olens, Attorney General of Georgia.
Bobby Jindal, Governor of Louisiana. (Cancelled due to Tropical Storm / Hurricane Isaac)
John Thune, U.S. Senator from South Dakota and 2012 presidential candidate.
Yash Wadhwa, Wisconsin civil engineer.
Tad True, vice president of a pipeline company in Wyoming.
Michelle Voorheis, Michigan businesswoman.
Rob Portman, U.S. Senator from Ohio.
Steve Cohen, CEO of Screen Machine Industries in Ohio.
Luis Fortuńo, Governor of Puerto Rico.
Tim Pawlenty, former Governor of Minnesota and 2012 presidential candidate.
Rick Santorum, former U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania and 2012 presidential candidate.
Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas and 202 presidential candidate.
Condoleezza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State.
Susana Martinez, Governor of New Mexico.
Chris Christie, Governor of New Jersey and nominee for Vice President of the United States.

Thursday, August 30-We Believe in America
Connie Mack IV, United States Representative from Florida's 14th congressional district and 2012 Republican nominee from Florida for U.S. Senate.
Newt Gingrich, former Republican Speaker of the House and 2012 Presidential candidate & his wife, Callista Gingrich.
Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida accompanied by teacher Sean Duffy and former student Frantz Placide.
Cathy McMorris Rodgers, United States Representative for Washington's 5th congressional district.
Thomas G. Stemberg, founder of Staples Inc.
Ray Fernandez, owner of Vida Pharmacy
Marco Rubio, United States Senator from Florida.
Kelly Ayotte, Nominee for President of the United States.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #612 on: November 03, 2013, 05:47:56 PM »

2012 Democratic National Convention

September 4th | Day 1-  "The Dream"

Mayor Cory Booker- Gives speech scathing Chris Christie for his performance in New Jersey and unnecessarily abrasive style. Christie is more interested in getting sound bites than getting things done.

MA Gov. Deval Patrick- Praises Obama's performance given the circumstances of his election and ascension to office and calls for Democrats to grow a backbone and keep him in office.

Congressional Candidate Joaquin Castro- Gives Keynote Address highlighting his family's experiences as immigrants and his mother's dream of keeping a broom out of his hand. He then tells of his dream for a better future, and how President Obama is making it happen.

First Lady Michelle Obama- Highlights her husband's accomplishments in office and calls for "4 more years to finish the job."

September 5th | Day 2-  "Working For Working Families"
Former OH Gov. Ted Strickland- Tears into Kelly Ayotte for her extreme lack of experience as right-wing policies. Lays into her as a "slightly less confused Christine O'Donnell with no plan for the future". Praises Obama's rescue of the Auto Industry.

Former MI Gov. Jennifer Granholm- Ticks off the number of jobs rescued in each of the Rustbelt States thanks to the Obama Auto Industry Rescue and praises the return of manufacturing jobs after over a decade of losses.

NH Sen. Jean Shaheen- Spends the majority of her speech picking Kelly Ayotte's experience and plans apart. Calls her "uniquely unprepared for the job, and that's coming from someone who knows her best." Talks up Obama's accomplishments in ObamaCare and the extremely low unemployment rate in New Hamoshire, in spite of Ayotte.

MA Sen. Candidate Elizabeth Warren- Talks up the accomplishments in Obama protecting from the excesses of Wall Street and calling Ayotte and Christie "pawns of the Big Banks". Calls for protections for consumers and a President that continues to lead the way.

Fmr. Pres. Bill Clinton- Lays into the lack of plans put forward by the Ayotte/Christie ticket and the dream of Republicans to go back to the days of trickle down. Defends Obama's records and says that "not he or any other President could've done a better jobs than Barack has." And then, in a surprise, puts forward Obama's and Hillary's names for nomination.

September 6th | Day 3-  "American Renewal"
MT Gov. Brian Schweitzer- Rips the Republican ticket as "as backwards as dog on roller skates" in their views and ideas and calls for a renewal of the American dream under and Obama/Clinton ticket.

Fmr. FL Gov. Charlie Crist- Laments the further rightward shift of the Republican Party and of how he "never left them, but they left me". Calls for moderation and common-sense solutions to bring upon American Renewal, and how that is being accomplished under President Obama.

Vice President Joe Biden- Defends the accomplishments of the Administration ranging from the Stimulus and ObamaCare, to the Iraqi Withdrawal and return of GM. "GM is Alive, Bin Laden is Dead!" Then goes upon to introduce his successor as Vice-Presidential nominee;

Fmr. Sec. Of State Hillary Clinton- Graciously accepts nomination as Vice-President of the United States. Call for a united Democratic Party and United States to come together and solve the problems afflicting working families and the middle class. Promises that renewal of the American Dream is accomplishable if we give the President "4 more years to fix the Republican mess".

" Up Next, Obama Acceptance Speech"
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: November 03, 2013, 06:11:29 PM »

"The President of the United States of America, my husband, Barack Obama!"

"Thank you! Thank you so much! We have work to do tonight's lets get to it!"

"Now, the first time I addressed this convention, in 2004, I was a younger man; a Senate candidate from Illinois who spoke about hope, not blind optimism, not wishful thinking but hope in the face of difficulty, hope in the face of uncertainty, that dogged faith in the future which has pushed this nation forward even when the odds are great, even when the road is long.

Eight years later that hope has been tested by the cost of war, by one of the worst economic crises in history and by political gridlock that's left us wondering whether it's still even possible to tackle the challenges of our time. I know campaigns can seem small, even silly sometimes.

Trivial things become big distractions. Serious issues become sound bites. The truth gets buried under an avalanche of money and advertising. And if you're sick of hearing me approve this message, believe me, so am I."

"Here, in this election, we face one of the starkest choices in history. Do we believe in a government that has no value in working families? Do we believe in a leader who takes us back to 1912 in her ideas, instead of forward into 2012?

I believe in American Renewal; renewal of our spirit, our dreams, and our way of life. Over 30 years ago, a candidate for this same office asked you "Are You Better Off Now, Than You Were 4 Years Ago?" The answer we gave was no, and the Governor was swept into office with a mandate and a legacy that still stands today.

Tonight, I ask you a different question. Instead of looking back, as some want to do, look Forward.
"4 Years From Now, Under Which Candidate Will Your Family Be Better Off Under?"
We're not there yet, the recovery is bit finished. But we have made progress. We have gone farther than many would've predicted. But we've still got work to be done.

Kelly Ayotte and the Republican Party have been putting forward the same old ideas and plans since 1979. They want your vote, but they don’t want you to know their plan. And that’s because all they had to offer is the same prescription they’ve had for the last thirty years:

“Have a surplus? Try a tax cut.”

“Deficit too high? Try another.”

Now I have a plan that will get the job done. The American Jobs Act will create millions of jobs without adding a penny to the deficit. My Deficit-Reduction plan cuts the deficit by 4-Trillion over the next 10 years and completely eradicates it by 2035. It also includes some stimulus, to rebuild our crumbling schools and infrastructure.

America, I never said this journey would be easy, and I won’t promise that now. Yes, our path is harder, but it leads to a better place. Yes our road is longer, but we travel it together. We don’t turn back. We leave no one behind. We pull each other up. We draw strength from our victories, and we learn from our mistakes, but we keep our eyes fixed on that distant horizon, knowing that Providence is with us, and that we are surely blessed to be citizens of the greatest nation on Earth.

Thank you, God Bless you! and God Bless The United States of America!"

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #614 on: November 03, 2013, 06:13:37 PM »

OOC: One does not simply drop Joe Biden from a Presidential ticket. (I know he was sick and all in this timeline, but still...)
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #615 on: November 03, 2013, 06:23:20 PM »

OOC: One does not simply drop Joe Biden from a Presidential ticket. (I know he was sick and all in this timeline, but still...)

It was a hard choice. But it was made easier having him on the '92 Gore/Biden ticket. It evened out.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #616 on: November 06, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »

I Give you the next President of the United States, Senator Kelly Ayotte.

Thank You Mr chairman, delegates, I accept your nomination to become the next President of the United States.

Tonight I talk to you not as party nominee, not as a senator from the great state of New Hampshire, tonight, I come to you as a American concerned as you are at what has happened to our country. I have been talking to people across this country and they are hurting.  The President, who promised to fix the problem has only added to it.  Instead of working with people across the isle like I will, he divided and conquered to get A Health Care Law which according to some will kill the healthcare market.  If elected president, I will repeal and replace this horrible law.  I will if elected I will take our country off of international oil and will repeal the job killing regulations which will destroy our coal industry. . .

I have learned over time that it applies just as much to leadership. In fact, I think that advice applies to America today more than ever.

I believe we have become paralyzed by our desire to be loved.

Our Founding Fathers had the wisdom to know that social acceptance and popularity is fleeting and that this country's principles needed to be rooted in strengths greater than the passions and emotions of the times.

Our leaders today have decided it is more important to be popular, to do what is easy and say "yes," rather than to say no when "no" is what's required.

In recent years, we as a country have too often chosen the same path.

It's been easy for our leaders to say not us, and not now, in taking on the tough issues. And we've stood silently by and let them get away with it.

But tonight, I say enough.

I say, together, let's make a much different choice. Tonight, we are speaking up for ourselves and stepping up.

We are beginning to do what is right and what is necessary to make our country great again.

We are demanding that our leaders stop tearing each other down, and work together to take action on the big things facing America
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #617 on: November 06, 2013, 07:13:34 PM »

Let me clarify - I had previously agreed with Clinton96 that Biden would have a heart attack and Clinton would step in as the VP nominee, so there will be no penalty for Obama dropping Biden at the last second.

While there will be no boost to Obama over the sympathy of a Biden heart attack, there are obviously certain advantages to having Clinton as the VP candidate, while there are also a couple drawbacks, and those will take effect.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #618 on: November 06, 2013, 07:20:31 PM »

Let me clarify - I had previously agreed with Clinton96 that Biden would have a heart attack and Clinton would step in as the VP nominee, so there will be no penalty for Obama dropping Biden at the last second.

While there will be no boost to Obama over the sympathy of a Biden heart attack, there are obviously certain advantages to having Clinton as the VP candidate, while there are also a couple drawbacks, and those will take effect.

So does that mean no convention bounce, 'cuz I think my DNC was pretty great? Or does it just mean no sympathy vote from olds?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #619 on: November 06, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »

There will definitely be convention bounces. I was just saying there won't be any sort of "sympathy bounce". Any bounce you get will come from 1) the convention, and 2) Clinton's strengths.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #620 on: November 09, 2013, 12:11:26 AM »

Bump. Let's see that update!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #621 on: November 09, 2013, 12:41:24 AM »

Building suspense!
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: November 10, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #623 on: November 10, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »

I just messaged Jerry on this - I'm currently finishing up a big presentation that I have to give tomorrow. If I'm not able to update this later tonight, it will come tomorrow.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #624 on: November 12, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »

RealClearPolitics

Polling Update

NATIONAL AVERAGE

Obama/Biden: 49%
Ayotte/Christie: 42%
Ventura/Paul: 7%
Undecided/Other: 2%

Analysis:
After an exciting round of conventions, we see things similar to how they were before. Republicans did well at handling Hurricane Isaac, and were able to put on a convention that was finally able to unite Republicans around the Ayotte-Christie ticket - conservatives and Tea Party members around the nation are finally starting to get excited about this election.

Meanwhile, in New York City, the Libertarians held their own convention rally, one that nearly sold out Madison Square Garden. Governor Jesse Ventura got major press as his convention speech was aired on multiple major networks.

Finally, the Democrats concluded conventions with an exciting and dramatic one in Charlotte, where Hillary Clinton was named the Vice Presidential choice. Despite poor economic conditions, Democrats are optimistic that "The Dream Ticket" will deliver them a big victory in November.

September 3rd - 9th has now begun! Smiley

Turn will last for roughly 72 hours.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies