2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:50:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 80929 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: August 20, 2013, 06:27:56 PM »

OOC: The suspense... Three states out of my reach already, and Ohio and Virginia are crucial...
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #576 on: August 20, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »

I'm not even participating in the primary and I'm still excited.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #577 on: August 22, 2013, 12:48:53 AM »

Sorry for making you guys wait - have been caught up with family here in Utah! I will be flying back to KC tomorrow, and hope to give you the results at my layover in Denver. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #578 on: August 22, 2013, 12:51:16 AM »

Tennessee Results

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison: 37%
Senator Kelly Ayotte: 32%
Governor Mitch Daniels: 31%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #579 on: August 22, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »

Virginia Results

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison: 36%
Governor Mitch Daniels: 31%
Senator Kelly Ayotte: 31%

Ohio Results

Governor Mitch Daniels: 34%
Senator Kelly Ayotte: 33%
Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison: 31%

Alaska Results

Senator Kelly Ayotte: 43%
Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison: 35%
Governor Mitch Daniels: 21%

Idaho Results

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison: 46%
Senator Kelly Ayotte: 29%
Governor Mitch Daniels: 24%

North Dakota Results

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison: 36%
Senator Kelly Ayotte: 33%
Governor Mitch Daniels: 30%

Oklahoma Results

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison: 51%
Governor Mitch Daniels: 25%
Senator Kelly Ayotte: 23%

Hutchison - 11 states
Ayotte - 5 states
Daniels - 4 states
Huckabee - 1 state
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #580 on: August 22, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »

OOC: Hmmmm... As much I would like to continue, and even considering that I still have some advantages going forward, I'm going to consider the possibility of dropping out after next update. Sure, I can still upset in several places, but too many defeats to Hutchinson are making my position far weaker than Santorum fighting Romney in OTL.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #581 on: August 22, 2013, 07:20:20 PM »

I don't think one could spin this as a bad night for Kay Bailey, though she probably should've won Ohio.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #582 on: August 22, 2013, 09:10:57 PM »

OOC: Hmmmm... As much I would like to continue, and even considering that I still have some advantages going forward, I'm going to consider the possibility of dropping out after next update. Sure, I can still upset in several places, but too many defeats to Hutchinson are making my position far weaker than Santorum fighting Romney in OTL.

Don't forget that you are Biden Tongue (in 92).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #583 on: August 22, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »

Indeed, I should focus on bringing the Biden Express to the White House! That said, my dream is to play as Dan Quayle in an election game or timeline (1996 or 2000), create an intellectual side for him and actually win, just for fun.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #584 on: August 22, 2013, 09:18:55 PM »

Indeed, I should focus on bringing the Biden Express to the White House! That said, my dream is to play as Dan Quayle in an election game or timeline (1996 or 2000), create an intellectual side for him and actually win, just for fun.

I'm willing to make a timeline of Jerry Brown's Presidency from 1980 to 1988. I would need to withdrawn from many other things, such as Atlasia and the 92 Interactive Timeline, so it will take time until the "The Shape of Things to Come: The Zen Presidency of Jerry Brown" happen!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #585 on: August 25, 2013, 12:04:15 PM »

OOC: Sorry to be insistent, but I'd like to know what happens next, when can we expect next update?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #586 on: August 25, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »

OOC: Sorry to be insistent, but I'd like to know what happens next, when can we expect next update?
Crap, I forgot to post it...I will later today, promise.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #587 on: August 25, 2013, 11:20:49 PM »

March 7th - 13th Begins Now! Next update will include Kansas, Hawaii, Mississippi, and Alabama results! Kansas is on the 10th, others are 13th.

RealClearPolitics

Polling Update

NATIONAL AVERAGE

Hutchison: 43%
Daniels: 29%
Ayotte: 24%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 4%

Kansas

Hutchison: 47%
Daniels: 23%
Ayotte: 20%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 10%

Mississippi

Hutchison: 46%
Daniels: 20%
Ayotte: 19%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 15%

Illinois

Hutchison: 31%
Daniels: 28%
Ayotte: 24%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 17%

Hutchison Wins Super Tuesday - Is it Over?

Despite a surprising win by Daniels in Ohio, built-in leads by Hutchison in many other states led her to a strong performance on Super Tuesday, and the options for both Ayotte and Daniels continues to narrow - perhaps a unified message against Hutchison could defeat her, but with opposition split, it's hard to see her losing.

This turn will last for 72 hours! Please PM me on which states would would like to see polled.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #588 on: August 26, 2013, 06:38:08 PM »

Governor's Mansion in Indianapolis, Indiana, March 7:

It feels very nice to return to Indiana after such a long race. From the moment I launched a late campaign for the Presidency in October I have been neglecting some of my duties as a Governor, and for that I ask the forgiveness of all hoosiers. This campaign has been long and hard, well fought and very tough. We got to the top, we won Iowa, we got to the bottom, we won Minnesota and Michigan, and we managed to win Ohio in Super Tuesday.

I entered this race with a dream and a vision, because I wanted to take care of the deficit and give America the change it deserved. I wanted to improve the economy and lives of Americans, and I wanted our nation to regain its strength and change the current course. I always tried to ran on that, and I'm happy that I never had to change my views or my message, since Republicans were always receptive to my ideas.

I enjoyed the support of many good hard working people: the Students for Daniels Super PAC, Eric Holcomb and my campaign staff, Herman Cain, John Sununu, Dick Lugar, my mentor, Cheri, my dear wife, and so many others… I am in debt to all to you for your constant support and help on the campaign trail, and I will always treasure the memories of my presidential campaign. As I said, we managed to win the polls, to outlast many candidates, and we won four states.

But it's not enough. I can't pretend to be the nominee after losing so many states, and I can't go on like this. These days have been filled with discussions with my staff, with my endorsers, with my supporters, and a decision has finally been taken. I am formally withdrawing my campaign for the Presidency of the United States today.

The Presidential nomination for the GOP has been reduced to two candidates: Senator Ayotte and Senator Hutchinson, who are truly remarkable choices to take down President Obama. Senator Ayotte has the necessary enthusiasm, the conservative views, and she can generate consensus. Senator Hutchinson has always been a voice of reason and moderation, and she was able to stand up to the negative campaigning of Gov. Huntsman and Gov. Huckabee, and that was brave of her.

It was a hard choice for me, but finally I understood that only one of them could really articulate the message we want to send in November to the White House. That's why I'm endorsing New Hampshire Senator Kelly Ayotte for President of the United States! Our beloved Grand Old Party can be sure that she has what it takes to lead, she has the message, and she has a good record! And I know some will say: She has no experience. And that's not right, since we have the good kind of experience and the bad kind of experience. Senator Ayotte has as much and even more experience than several former Presidents, and she will lead us to victory in November!

With those words my campaign ends, ladies and gentlemen, and I end it on a positive note.

Thanks to the staff, to my supporters, to the voters, thank you!
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #589 on: August 31, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: March 7-13

March 7
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fresno, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sacramento, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Long Beach, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Oakland, CA
-Appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews

Looks like we only have two Republicans left in the field, Chris, and neither of them are that great, let me tell you. Kailey Bay Hutchinson and Kelly Ayotte will both not hesitate one bit to bring us to war with Iran if they really want to, at the expense of the lives and well-being of our troops. I was a Navy SEAL during Vietnam, where 58,000 of my generation died because of lies and deceptions. We simply cannot afford to be so reckless in our foreign policy. Not only do we not have the money to wage these wars, but they only create more enemies abroad for us, so it's completely counterproductive.

March 8
-Rally and Fundraiser in Riverside, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Stockton, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Chula Vista, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in San Bernardino, CA
-Appearance on On the Record w/ Greta Van Sustren

March 9
-Rally and Fundraiser in Carson City, NV
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sparks, NV
-Rally and Fundraiser in Spring Valley, NV
-Rally and Fundraiser in Henderson, NV
-Appearance on CNN Newsroom

March 10
-Rally in Spearfish, SD
-Rally in Yankton, SD
-Rally in Brookings, SD
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rapid City, SD
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sioux Falls, SD

South Dakota, you and the rest of the nation have been fed a bunch of baloney for years, about how you shouldn't dare to "throw away your vote" by voting third-party. What the career politicians really mean when they say that is that they don't wanna risk losing their jobs! The Democrats and Republicans may have won the battles much of the time, but there's cracks in their perfect little world. Ross Perot once led in 1992 before he dropped out in the summer. And we can't forget about a certain fellow from Minnesota, now can we?

March 11
-Rally in Kodiak, AK
-Rally in Sitka, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Juneau, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fairbanks, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Anchorage, AK

March 12
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bloomington, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Duluth, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rochester, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Paul, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN

March 13
-Rally and Fundraiser in Woodbury, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Eagan, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Cloud, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Plymouth, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Brooklyn Park, MN

Minnesota, 14 years ago you voted me in as a referendum to the Democrats and Republicans in this state that the people were fed up. Remember how they tried to slander my name at every opportunity? They called me unqualified as well as a joke candidate even though I was the mayor of Brooklyn Park, the sixth largest city in the state, for four years. Well, now I've been receiving the same sort of reception running a national campaign, except they're doing more to just ignore me altogether this time around. But they can't ignore the voices of the people for so long, and they know it in their hearts!

Surrogate Schedules

Ron Paul: Barnstorming and Fundraisers in California, Texas, and Alaska

Gary Johnson: Barnstorming and Fundraisers in Wyoming, Wisconsin, and North Dakota

Andrew Napolitano: Barnstorming and Fundraisers in New York, Pennsylvania, and Maine

Penn Jillette: Barnstorming and Fundraisers in Nevada, Oregon, and Washington

John Stossel: Barnstorming and Fundraisers in New York, California, and New Hampshire

TV Ad

Voter discontent is at all all-time high. People are disengaged with the election process and turnout is low as a result. Why is that? It seems like for all the promises that the Democrats and Republicans make, they can't bother to uphold them when it counts. The American people deserve better than this. I'm Governor Jesse Ventura, and the voters of Minnesota came out for me in record numbers and gave a shock to the entire world. In office I was able to successfully accomplish many of my campaign goals despite a legislature and media viciously against me. The presidency is a serious office. It's time that we had a serious leader for once. I'm Jesse Ventura, and I approve this message.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #590 on: September 09, 2013, 05:39:29 PM »

OOC: It's beginning to look like as if this one died... I'm not a player anymore, but bump!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #591 on: September 09, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »

Spamage has expressed to me that due to Atlasia committments, Hutchison won't continue on. So that would make Ayotte the presumptive nominee, unless Daniels wants to jump back into the race. But I'm still waiting on schedules from those remaining.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »

OOC: Bumping this.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #593 on: October 09, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »

Hopefully we can get the ball rolling on this one again. JerryArkansas kinda stopped being active with Ayotte, so that has to be addressed first.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #594 on: October 10, 2013, 06:57:57 AM »

I'll start being Ayotte again, I want to restart this.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #595 on: October 11, 2013, 12:28:21 AM »

Reporter: Governor Ventura, what do you think of Senator Ayotte becoming the presumptive Republican nominee?

Ventura: What do I think? She's barely been a Senator for a year and now she wants to go for the highest office in the land? That sounds like a political opportunist to me, and we could do with less of those. When you get elected by the people you should take your pledge to represent them for the full term a little more seriously. That aside, she's just like the other chickenhawk Republicans who want to send our boys to war without hesitation. Her and Obama will only help my case to the voters, because I'm the only candidate who's actually talking about breaking from the status quo, and I think the American people are responding positively to my message.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #596 on: October 11, 2013, 02:27:30 PM »

Now that the nominations have been settled, how would the candidates like to go forward? We can do a couple expanded turns leading up to the General Election, or we can just jump to right before the conventions. Your call.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #597 on: October 11, 2013, 02:43:26 PM »

I'd prefer to jump to right before the conventions.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: October 11, 2013, 02:54:57 PM »

I'd also appreciate a status update on the American Jobs Act. It had originally passed Congress, but was changed to allow Hutchinson and Ayotte a chance to vote.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #599 on: October 11, 2013, 04:09:46 PM »

I'll wait to do a schedule and  I should have a vp by sunday
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies