Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:25:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 87
Author Topic: Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person  (Read 209859 times)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: December 25, 2020, 12:25:22 AM »

Hmm, my guess is a swing voter, probably voted for Biden? Hard to suss out, but could easily see something like Obama-Obama-Trump-Biden on this guy.

Ethnicity: White, German ancestry
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Relationship Status: Married, 6 children with twins on the way
Hometown: Greenwald, MN/Grove Township
Residence: Columbia Heights, MN
Religion: Catholic; regular church attendee
Education: Degree in Business from the College of St. Benedict
Income: $22,000 a year; $85,000 with her husband included.
Occupation: Bookkeeper at a Catholic refugee resettlement/missionary organization
Hobbies: Needlepoint, Choral Music, Poetry. Has been making masks and distributing them through her church.
Other: Has two much younger gay younger brothers who she supports deeply. Was once fluent in German due to her grandmother, who raised her, but now a little rusty.

Catholic Democrat, liberal on most issues (especially on immigration, capital punishment, and most economic ones) though personally pro-life. Big-time Biden supporter in both the primaries and general.

Based on a real person!

Race: White (Irish and Welsh)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Residence: San Francisco, CA
Hometown: Crete, Indiana
Religion: Atheist
Relationship Status: Widowed, seven children (6 of whom were adopted)
Profession: Retired Minister and Political Activist
Education: Bachelor’s in Education
Income: 30,000 dollars a year
Interests: Politics, Political Theory and Philosophy, Theology, Psychology, Hiking, Gardening, Survivalism, Guns
Other: -Has very strong ties to the Black community and was committed to racial egalitarianism from very early on, with the majority of his church congregation being Black when he was a minister
-Close friends or acquaintances with many prominent Bay Area and California politicians, was honoured with an award by Governor Jerry Brown in 2015 for his lifetime of service despite some controversy over past allegations of abuse of church members

Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1601 on: December 25, 2020, 12:35:40 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2020, 12:47:10 AM by gracile »

A Democrat, obviously* (no offense everyone, but some of these "Other" categories are way too explicitly political/give the person's views all away which kind of defeats the purpose of this whole game).

Race: Mixed White/Hispanic
Ethnicity: Mexican, English, Irish, German
Hometown: Lansing, MI
Current City: Lansing, MI
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Relationship Status: Boyfriend
Religion: Roman Catholic (mildly observant)
Education: High School
Interests: Art, Makeup, Music (Hip-Hop, R&B, Latin), Fitness

*I know what historical figure you're referring to btw, but we must play this game as if this person is purely hypothetical.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1602 on: December 25, 2020, 12:46:24 AM »

I know exactly who this is and I unfortunately think he would be a Democrat today.

*EDIT* I meant Jim Jones. gracile's character is also probably a Democrat, and is likely not the kind of Hispanic voter who'd be at all liable to shift towards Trump in 2020.

By the way, mine was George Bailey of It's a Wonderful Life fame; it's a very small-c conservative movie made by a mostly Old Right creative team but is interested enough in the material wellbeing of the poor and hostile enough to venality on the part of the rich that it comes across as having a leftist message in our own far more right-wing era. So, yeah, I think Obama-Obama-Trump-Biden is about right.

Another fictional character:

Race/ethnicity: Japanese
Sexual orientation: Isn't quite sure yet
Relationship status: Single but has engaged in "compensated dating" practices
Hometown: Sunnyvale, CA
Current location: Miyagi Prefecture, Japan
Religion: Soto Zen
Education: High school dropout
Occupation: Teen quasi-prostitute (see above) and generalized lowlife dropout. Aspires to be a nun.
Hobbies: Reading manga, studying French, learning about Buddhism, visiting family, blogging
Other pertinent info: Born in Tokyo to Japanese parents but grew up in the US before returning to Japan in late childhood.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1603 on: December 25, 2020, 01:43:23 AM »

I know exactly who this is and I unfortunately think he would be a Democrat today.

*EDIT* I meant Jim Jones. gracile's character is also probably a Democrat, and is likely not the kind of Hispanic voter who'd be at all liable to shift towards Trump in 2020.

By the way, mine was George Bailey of It's a Wonderful Life fame; it's a very small-c conservative movie made by a mostly Old Right creative team but is interested enough in the material wellbeing of the poor and hostile enough to venality on the part of the rich that it comes across as having a leftist message in our own far more right-wing era. So, yeah, I think Obama-Obama-Trump-Biden is about right.

Occupation: Teen quasi-prostitute (see above) and generalized lowlife dropout. Aspires to be a nun.
Hobbies: Reading manga, studying French, learning about Buddhism, visiting family, blogging
Other pertinent info: Born in Tokyo to Japanese parents but grew up in the US before returning to Japan in late childhood.

I intended to add I was more curious who Jim Jones would have supported in the primaries. His (albeit cultistic) far-left views imply support for Sanders but his ties to Bay Area Establishment figures and the endorsements of other Sixties New Left figures such as Tom Hayden may have meant he would have backed Harris or Biden. Interesting you made Bailey Irish Catholic, since I always read him as a WASP character

I'm guessing "nun" means a Buddhist nun? Definitely a Bernie supporter in the context of American politics and probably supports the Reiwa Shinsengumi in Japanese politics. Definitely hates Abe and the incumbent LDP government. Curious where she's from.

Yet another literary one (and Italian too!):

Race: Black (mixed Berber and Arab ancestry)
Residence: Venice, Italy
Hometown: Village near Rabat, Morocco
Religion: Roman Catholic (converted from Sunni Islam)
Relationship Status: Married, one child
Profession: Naval Officer
Education: Graduate of the Italian Naval Academy, further education at US Naval War College
Income: 65,000 Euros a Year
Interests: Politics, National Security Affairs, Military History, Poetry, Strength Training, Biking, Alpine Hiking
Other: -One of the most highly decorated and capable officers in the Italian Navy, served in numerous operations such as against Somali pirates and in the Libyan intervention of 2011

Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1604 on: December 25, 2020, 02:18:44 AM »

If the last one is Shakespeare's Othello updated to the 21st century: damn, awesome. 10/10
If he is actually a character from a recent (Italian?) book, then I have no idea who this is.

Either way, probably some sort of "national security conservative" but otherwise fairly moderate/liberal-leaning. May actually have voted Scelta Civica in 2013 and definitely liked Monti. Probably sucked it up and voted PD in 2019 but has now jumped ship with either Calenda or Renzi.

Someone else create the next character. I'm still having my head spin over this. It MUST be Othello right?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1605 on: December 25, 2020, 02:23:42 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2020, 02:29:44 AM by Marxpilled Red Tory »

I intended to add I was more curious who Jim Jones would have supported in the primaries. His (albeit cultistic) far-left views imply support for Sanders but his ties to Bay Area Establishment figures and the endorsements of other Sixties New Left figures such as Tom Hayden may have meant he would have backed Harris or Biden.

Yeah, that's actually a very interesting question, one I don't have a good answer for.

Interesting you made Bailey Irish Catholic, since I always read him as a WASP character

We very briefly see inside what's supposed to be his church (in the V-E Day and V-J Day sequence), and it's pretty obviously Catholic; otherwise I'd have pegged him as a WASP too. Jimmy Stewart was Scots-Irish Presbyterian himself, of course.

I'm guessing "nun" means a Buddhist nun? Definitely a Bernie supporter in the context of American politics and probably supports the Reiwa Shinsengumi in Japanese politics. Definitely hates Abe and the incumbent LDP government. Curious where she's from.

The character is Yasutani Nao from A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki and, yes, she wants to be a Buddhist nun. The book is pretty clearly anti-LDP and anti-"Japanese exceptionalism", although it's not a political novel as such.

Yours is Othello, and is a Luciana Lamorgese-esque unideological center-left-adjacent national security institutionalist.

Race: White
Sexual orientation: Bisexual
Relationship status: Divorced
Hometown: London
Current location: An army base in Wiltshire
Religion: Catholic
Education: Oxford dropout, later got a degree in fine arts from a less prestigious institution
Hobbies: His prior occupation, painting, has also been his main hobby for most of his life. Other leisure pursuits mostly bring up bad memories.
Other pertinent info: Has extremely upper-class social connections, but strong personal animosities with many of the individuals involved.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1606 on: December 25, 2020, 02:59:15 AM »

Yours is Othello, and is a Luciana Lamorgese-esque unideological center-left-adjacent national security institutionalist.

I'm almost surprised you even know who Luciana Lamorgese is, as she's basically never on the news here (especially, ahem, compared to her predecessor). And it's definitely the first time ever I hear someone using her as a term of comparison. Spot-on though.

The bisexual army officer in Wiltshire strikes me as some kind of socially liberal / culturally conservative / economically odd New Labour - Cameron??? - Lib Dems voter. I don't know, it's gut feeling.

Keeping up with the literary nerdfest, and using a *very* special character, in the vein of Mung Beans's:

Gender - Male
Age - 55
Race - White
Sexual orientation - Heterosexual
Residence and hometown - Padua, Italy
Religion - Roman Catholic
Relationship status - Married, two daughters
Profession - Doctor
Education - Graduate from San Raffaele University (private university in Milan affiliated with the homonym hospital)
Income - 80,000 euros a year
Other - From a wealthy, landowning family. Sets strict rules about the social lives of his daughters.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1607 on: December 25, 2020, 03:58:29 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2020, 04:19:56 AM by H. Ross Peron »

I'm almost surprised you even know who Luciana Lamorgese is, as she's basically never on the news here (especially, ahem, compared to her predecessor). And it's definitely the first time ever I hear someone using her as a term of comparison. Spot-on though.

The bisexual army officer in Wiltshire strikes me as some kind of socially liberal / culturally conservative / economically odd New Labour - Cameron??? - Lib Dems voter. I don't know, it's gut feeling.

Keeping up with the literary nerdfest, and using a *very* special character, in the vein of Mung Beans's:

Gender - Male
Age - 55
Race - White
Residence and hometown - Padua, Italy
Religion - Roman Catholic
Relationship status - Married, two daughters
Profession - Doctor
Education - Graduate from San Raffaele University (private university in Milan affiliated with the homonym hospital)
Income - 80,000 euros a year
Other - From a wealthy, landowning family. Sets strict rules about the social lives of his daughters.

Othello struck me as a perfect Shakespeare character to "modernize" since he isn't a monarch or aristocrat like so many other protagonists. Lamorgese seems interesting though there isn't much English language info on her.

I've no idea who yours is (was thinking Salo for a moment, but none of those characters are heterosexual) but he's definitely a right-winger in politics. Possibly a Lega Nord supporter, but he strikes me as an aristocrat with fascist sympathies like Evola or Borghese so I would say he's a hardline nationalist and nativist supporter of Fratelli d"italia.

Also literary, though adjusted somewhat

Race: White (German)
Residence: Great Neck, New York
Hometown: Cooperstown, North Dakota
Religion: Lutheran (non-practicing)
Relationship Status: Not married, engaged in an affair with a married woman
Profession: Investor, Venture Capitalist
Education: College dropout
Income: 40,000,000 dollars/year
Interests: Economics, Stock Markets, Business, Golfing, Yachting, Swimming, Cars, Politics, Literature, Fine Arts, Opera
Other: -Served in the US Army and was deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan
-Comes from a lower middle class small farming background but rose to prominence by becoming a stockbroker and then founding his own investment advisory firm, sometimes compared by detractors to Jeffrey Epstein
-Likes to ostentatiously show off his wealth but privately ridicules both old money and noveau riche individuals for their smugness and anti-intellectualism
-Sometimes accused of ties to organized crime or insider trading though nothing has been proven
-Has alternately been friends and feuded with Donald Trump

Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1608 on: December 25, 2020, 04:33:49 AM »

Othello struck me as a perfect Shakespeare character to "modernize" since he isn't a monarch or aristocrat like so many other protagonists. Lamorgese seems interesting though there isn't much English language info on her.

I've no idea who yours is (was thinking Salo for a moment, but none of those characters are heterosexual) but he's definitely a right-winger in politics. Possibly a Lega Nord supporter, but he strikes me as an aristocrat with fascist sympathies like Evola or Borghese so I would say he's a hardline nationalist and nativist supporter of Fratelli d"italia.

Noooooo I said it was in the vein of yours! It was none other than... my namesake. Battista Minola, from Shakespeare's The Taming Of The Shrew.
And I agree he'd be a right-winger, though I think not as radical as you've made him.

*SKIP*
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1609 on: December 25, 2020, 07:57:59 AM »

Also literary, though adjusted somewhat

Race: White (German)
Residence: Great Neck, New York
Hometown: Cooperstown, North Dakota
Religion: Lutheran (non-practicing)
Relationship Status: Not married, engaged in an affair with a married woman
Profession: Investor, Venture Capitalist
Education: College dropout
Income: 40,000,000 dollars/year
Interests: Economics, Stock Markets, Business, Golfing, Yachting, Swimming, Cars, Politics, Literature, Fine Arts, Opera
Other: -Served in the US Army and was deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan
-Comes from a lower middle class small farming background but rose to prominence by becoming a stockbroker and then founding his own investment advisory firm, sometimes compared by detractors to Jeffrey Epstein
-Likes to ostentatiously show off his wealth but privately ridicules both old money and noveau riche individuals for their smugness and anti-intellectualism
-Sometimes accused of ties to organized crime or insider trading though nothing has been proven
-Has alternately been friends and feuded with Donald Trump

I assume Jay Gatsby is not an especially ideological person, so votes for whomever he has the closest connections to/whichever party is closer to his personal interests.

Ethnicity: White, Sephardic Jewish ancestry
Sexual Orientation: Dislikes labels; in practice bi with a very strong preference for women
Hometown: Flat Rock, NC
Residence: Santa Monica, CA de jure, but has been living in Maui since the beginning of the pandemic
Religion: New Age mishmash; particularly highly eroticized goddess worship.
Relationship Status: Single
Profession: Ostensibly a CEO of a small tech/consulting firm with several other irons in the fire; in practice lives off of money her parents send her. Occassional confidence trickster/grifter.
Income: Negligible; is given $60,000 a year
Education: Flunked out of biomedical engineering at UNC; claims a UNC degree on her resume
Interests: Travel, sound healing, reincarnation, becoming an influential tech guru, attending Burning Man
Other information: Spent much of 2018 and 2019 traveling around the world. Prone to using her belief in reincarnation to argue a claim to Native American/Japanese identity. Has an unusually powerful ability to bullsh[inks] and persuade people.

Based on a rather unpleasant person I knew in college.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #1610 on: December 25, 2020, 01:36:20 PM »

This person could be a left-leaning or apolitical New Ager-turned-QAnon adherent when the COVID pandemic hit or somewhere around that time and flipped to Trump in 2020.

Race/Ethnicity: Black
Sexual Orientation: All genders
Religion: none (formerly AME)
Education Level: College (Graduate)
Income Level: $30,200/year
Military Status: none
Marital Status: single
Current Location: Philadelphia, PA
Birth Location/Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA
Issue(s) Prioritized: LGBTQ+ issues, hair salon safety, racial justice issues
Favorite TV Shows: black-ish, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy
Favorite Artists/Bands: Post Malone, The Weeknd, Lizzo, Cardi B
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1611 on: December 25, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2020, 04:16:15 PM by H. Ross Peron »

This person could be a left-leaning or apolitical New Ager-turned-QAnon adherent when the COVID pandemic hit or somewhere around that time and flipped to Trump in 2020.

Race/Ethnicity: Black
Sexual Orientation: All genders
Religion: none (formerly AME)
Education Level: College (Graduate)
Income Level: $30,200/year
Military Status: none
Marital Status: single
Current Location: Philadelphia, PA
Birth Location/Hometown: Virginia Beach, VA
Issue(s) Prioritized: LGBTQ+ issues, hair salon safety, racial justice issues
Favorite TV Shows: black-ish, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy
Favorite Artists/Bands: Post Malone, The Weeknd, Lizzo, Cardi B

Obvious Democrat. Only question is who they supported in the primaries. I suspect Bernie.

Here's an original character.

Race: White (Scots-Irish)
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Residence: Williston, North Dakota
Hometown: Odessa, Texas
Religion: Southern Baptist (only occasionally attends services)
Relationship Status: Single, has casual sex with other gay men in the area
Profession: Oil worker
Education: High school diploma
Income: 50,000 dollars/year
Interests: True Crime, Football, Basketball, NASCAR, Podcasts, Movies
Other: -Only "out" to a handful of very close friends or family members
-Moderate on lockdowns-thinks anti-maskers are idiots, but has occasionally violated social distancing rules himself
-Drinks beer regularly and occasionally smokes marijuana, but hates hard drugs (especially opioids) due to the impact it has had on family members
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1612 on: December 25, 2020, 04:53:53 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2020, 05:02:04 PM by Marxpilled Red Tory »

Your DL oil worker is probably at least mildly Trumpy, but not a Stop the Steal/QAnon diehard or anything. Might have voted for Heitkamp in 2012 if he was already in North Dakota by then, but definitely for statewide and Congressional Republicans since.

My last guy was Charles Ryder from Brideshead Revisited. In the book he's of pretty clearly reactionary sympathies, but the preferences and prejudices of the British upper-middle class have definitely changed a lot since it was written.

Somebody else feel free to post the next person.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1613 on: December 25, 2020, 06:27:27 PM »

Gender - Female
Age - 41
Race - White
Relationship status - Widow (had a daughter who died together with her husband)
Religion - Catholic (not very orthodox - better described as folk Catholicism)
Hometown - Verona, Italy
Current location - Verona, Italy
Education - Graduate from professional high school
Occupation - Baby sitter
Other things of note -
She specifically cares after a 13-year-old girl from a rich family whose parents both have to be away from home for extended periods of time. She is almost a second mother for the girl, and the girl is almost a second daughter for her.
Not very knowledgeable or educated on most topics, and frequently commits mistakes while speaking.

Battista Minola went down worse than Othello... let's see this one.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1614 on: December 25, 2020, 06:31:22 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2020, 06:35:52 PM by gracile »

Edit: Missed Battista - vaguely left-wing, though not incredibly political given her educational status/lack of knowledge.

(The partisanship should be pretty obvious, but I'm mostly just wondering how this person voted in the 2016 and 2020 primaries/general political views)

Race: Black
Ethnicity: African-American
Current Location: Uptown, Chicago, IL
Hometown: Kansas City, KS
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Religion: Non-religious
Education: Bachelor's
Interests: Cooking, Fitness, Music (Contemporary popular music/Hip Hop/R&B)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1615 on: December 25, 2020, 06:37:01 PM »

I think probably a Clinton voter in 2016; 2020 is harder to say. I think he had a decent chance of voting for any of Biden/Warren/Sanders; I'll go with Biden since he was far ahead in 2020 by the point that Illinois voted.

Ethnicity: Native American; Houma
Relationship Status: Dating another man long-distance
Religion: Nondenominational Evangelical Protestant; raised Catholic
Education: High School Dropout
Income: $18,000 a year
Hometown/Residence: Houma, LA
Interests: Football, Baseball, Basketball (is a stats junkie for all of these), Fishing, Military History
Other Relevant Info: Has traditional ideas about romantic love and family life; something of an autodidact; on the Autism spectrum
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1616 on: December 25, 2020, 07:15:00 PM »

Gender - Female
Age - 41
Race - White
Relationship status - Widow (had a daughter who died together with her husband)
Religion - Catholic (not very orthodox - better described as folk Catholicism)
Hometown - Verona, Italy
Current location - Verona, Italy
Education - Graduate from professional high school
Occupation - Baby sitter
Other things of note -
She specifically cares after a 13-year-old girl from a rich family whose parents both have to be away from home for extended periods of time. She is almost a second mother for the girl, and the girl is almost a second daughter for her.
Not very knowledgeable or educated on most topics, and frequently commits mistakes while speaking.

Battista Minola went down worse than Othello... let's see this one.

Obviously Juliet's nursemaid. From a working-class background but not as anti-elite as one might think due to her personal connections to them. I could see her as a Five Star Movement supporter.

SKIP
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1617 on: December 26, 2020, 08:33:13 AM »

I think probably a Clinton voter in 2016; 2020 is harder to say. I think he had a decent chance of voting for any of Biden/Warren/Sanders; I'll go with Biden since he was far ahead in 2020 by the point that Illinois voted.

Ethnicity: Native American; Houma
Relationship Status: Dating another man long-distance
Religion: Nondenominational Evangelical Protestant; raised Catholic
Education: High School Dropout
Income: $18,000 a year
Hometown/Residence: Houma, LA
Interests: Football, Baseball, Basketball (is a stats junkie for all of these), Fishing, Military History
Other Relevant Info: Has traditional ideas about romantic love and family life; something of an autodidact; on the Autism spectrum
Seems like a likely democrat.

Here’s another fictional character
Ethnicity: White, of Irish descent
Relationship Status: Married with 3 kids and a taking dog
Religion: Catholic
Education: High School
Income: $60,000 year
Hometown/Residence: Rhode Island
Interests: Beer, road house, women, food, being obnoxious
Other Relevant Info: his favorite song is Surfin’ Bird by the Trashmen
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1618 on: December 26, 2020, 09:55:16 AM »

Peter Griffin! Technically he was born in Mexico though. Anyway, "New England secular moderate" voter who went Obama-Obama-Trump-Biden.

Yet other two characters in the same vein, because Shakespeare for some reason loved Veneto so much.

Gender - Male / Male
Age - 37 / 56
Race - White / White
Sexual orientation - Homosexual / Heterosexual
Relationship status - Civilly united / Single
Religion - Christian / Jewish
Residence - Venice (Rialto) / Venice (Jewish ghetto)
Education - Both college graduates in Economics
Occupation - Merchant (sells stuff from the Orient in a store on the Rialto Bridge) / Moneylender
Other - The former owns big money to the latter. They hate each other; the former is also clearly an anti-Semite and the latter is clearly homophobic. Neither is particularly religious but both are viscerally attached to their respective identities for cultural reasons.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1619 on: December 26, 2020, 03:56:59 PM »

Peter Griffin! Technically he was born in Mexico though. Anyway, "New England secular moderate" voter who went Obama-Obama-Trump-Biden.

Yet other two characters in the same vein, because Shakespeare for some reason loved Veneto so much.

Gender - Male / Male
Age - 37 / 56
Race - White / White
Sexual orientation - Homosexual / Heterosexual
Relationship status - Civilly united / Single
Religion - Christian / Jewish
Residence - Venice (Rialto) / Venice (Jewish ghetto)
Education - Both college graduates in Economics
Occupation - Merchant (sells stuff from the Orient in a store on the Rialto Bridge) / Moneylender
Other - The former owns big money to the latter. They hate each other; the former is also clearly an anti-Semite and the latter is clearly homophobic. Neither is particularly religious but both are viscerally attached to their respective identities for cultural reasons.

Obviously these are Antonio and Shylock from the Merchant of Venice (watched a stage version of the play a few years ago that played up the homoerotic context considerably). I actually thought of doing Shylock before, but make him a more prominent financier type that attracted anti-Semitic conspiracy theorists as is the case with George Soros.

Anyways, Antonio is probably a classic petit bourgeois populist-for low taxes and minimal regulation but also against big business, corporate power, and mass immigration. Probably supports the Five Star Movement though he might be sympathetic to Lega nowadays. Shylock is probably a conventional centre-right, pro business type with strongly held Zionist views. I'd imagine he supports Forza Italia.

Based on an old high school crush of mine

Race: White (English, German)
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Residence: Provo, Utah
Hometown: Fountain Valley, California
Religion: Mormon
Profession: Writing Instructor/Graduate Student at Brigham Young University, Proposal Writer
Education: BA in English from Brigham Young University, currently obtaining a graduate degree from the same institution
Income: 30,000 dollars/year
Interests: English Literature, Movies and TV Shows, Writing, Cooking
Other:-Was a Mormon missionary in Japan for about a year

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1620 on: December 26, 2020, 11:31:59 PM »

Boy, you know how to pick 'em, Mung Beans!

She might have gone McMullin->Biden. I doubt she has any patience for Trump even after four years of getting inured to him, but who knows?

Race: White
Sexual orientation: Gay
Relationship status: Casually dating someone
Religion: Atheist
Hometown: Moscow
Current residence: The same US naval base as my character from a page or two back
Education: Came up through KGB-adjacent schooling back in the bad old days
Hobbies: Reading, going to restaurants on-base, meddling in local politics
Other pertinent info: Defected under unclear circumstances about five years ago.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1621 on: December 27, 2020, 01:18:52 AM »

If this guy is voting in the US, I'm guessing Democrats--hard to say but 5 years ago was about when Putin started turning up the heat on LGBT people in Russia so perhaps that motivated defection--plus possible loyalty to Obama. Hard to say though.

Race/Ethnicity: White, generic Southern "American" ancestry
Religion: Member of a small cult based in pseudo-mathematics and logic
Hometown: Albemarle, NC
Residence: Oberlin, OH
Education: Music degree from UNCSA; currently getting a master's degree at Oberlin
Income: Graduate Stipend, plus some slight support from parents
Interests: Logic, mathematics, Bach, psychedelics, self-improvement and fitness
Other notes: The cult which he's a part of veered into IQ-based racial theorizing about 3 years ago. Has steadily lost friends outside the cult over the years.
kwabbit

« Reply #1622 on: December 27, 2020, 01:34:42 AM »

Johnson/Trump voter. Held unorthodox, scattershot views prior to joining the cult, leading him to vote for Johnson in 2016, but as his cult became racialized starting supporting Trump.

Ethnicity: Anglo-American White
Relationship Status: Married
Religion: Went to the Church as a kid, on Christmas and Easter only currently.
Hometown: Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
Residence: Dallas, Texas
Education: Ph.D. in Economics
Occupation: Financial Analyst in Dallas for a medium-large firm
Income: 220k
Interests: Grilling, Baseball and Football, Guitar

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1623 on: December 27, 2020, 02:38:50 AM »

Johnson/Trump voter. Held unorthodox, scattershot views prior to joining the cult, leading him to vote for Johnson in 2016, but as his cult became racialized starting supporting Trump.

Seems like a classic Republican --> Democrat flipper. I imagine he voted for Biden but 2016 is a little more challenging; I'll say he reluctantly voted Trump then.

Your guess was fairly accurate btw; that person is based on someone I used to know. Idk if he voted for Trump (I don't socialize with racists) but in 2016 he wrote in the cult leader, Christopher Langan. A sad case.

Ethnicity: White, Polish and Italian Ancestry
Religion: Raised Catholic, now alternates between Unitarian and Presbyterian services as his husband prefers the former and he the latter.
Education: Degree in Philosophy and German from Bowdoin
Hometown: Rutherford, NJ
Residence: Montpelier, VT
Occupation: Unemployed; was a successful restauranteur pre-pandemic
Income: Joint income of $40,000; pre-pandemic was more like $120,000
Interests: Tabletop Games, Star Trek, Cooking, Canoeing
Other information: Is transgender, transitioned about 10 years ago. Has significant student debt.
kwabbit

« Reply #1624 on: December 27, 2020, 02:58:43 AM »
« Edited: December 27, 2020, 03:03:07 AM by kwabbit »

Seems like a classic Republican --> Democrat flipper. I imagine he voted for Biden but 2016 is a little more challenging; I'll say he reluctantly voted Trump then.

Your guess was fairly accurate btw; that person is based on someone I used to know. Idk if he voted for Trump (I don't socialize with racists) but in 2016 he wrote in the cult leader, Christopher Langan. A sad case.

Ethnicity: White, Polish and Italian Ancestry
Religion: Raised Catholic, now alternates between Unitarian and Presbyterian services as his husband prefers the former and he the latter.
Education: Degree in Philosophy and German from Bowdoin
Hometown: Rutherford, NJ
Residence: Montpelier, VT
Occupation: Unemployed; was a successful restauranteur pre-pandemic
Income: Joint income of $40,000; pre-pandemic was more like $120,000
Interests: Tabletop Games, Star Trek, Cooking, Canoeing
Other information: Is transgender, transitioned about 10 years ago. Has significant student debt.
Yeah, my idea was to do a Romney voter that is now at odds with the GOP but give him enough conservative-leaning tertiary qualities where he still could've voted Trump this year and defied his education level.

For yours, I'm guessing Sanders Write-In/ Biden. Sanders in Both Dem primaries.

Ethnicity: White
Sexual Orientation: Heteroflexible
Religion: None/Unitarian
Hometown: Concord, MA
Residence: Boston, MA
Education: B.A in English Lit
Income: 33k
Interests: Astrology, Instagram, the Occult
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 87  
« previous next »
Jump to: