Florida 2022 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:28:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 49
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 56996 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 12, 2021, 12:26:55 PM »

Governor Ronald D. DeSantis (R) - 5,062,052 votes, 51.2%
Fmr. Governor Charles J. Crist Jr. (D) - 4,607,279, 46.6%
How did you make such a realistic map?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2021, 02:10:02 PM »

Also — PPP is dropping a statewide poll today or tomorrow. Based on what I've heard about the figures, expect to see a lot of COPE from certain individuals on this web site.
Here's the first part of it:

(note that it's half landline/half text w/ a sample size of 274)

Given that this is being promoted by Fried's camp and Fried was telling the press yesterday that she had seen a poll showing DeSantis dropping significantly, have to imagine they also asked the head-to-head — not sure what they're waiting on.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #277 on: August 12, 2021, 02:15:02 PM »

Need more polls to see whether that number is valid. It's still pretty much a tie in that poll. I still believe Crist is the heavy favorite for the nomination and the stronger general election candidate until proven otherwise.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #278 on: August 12, 2021, 02:37:28 PM »

Howard Dean even said DeSantis will win Reelection and lose to Biden on GE
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #279 on: August 12, 2021, 03:03:12 PM »

I'm gonna stick with Crist here, I think he's a good statewide candidate in Florida. He got the shinks end of a stick back in 2014, but he's a legit candidate in 2022.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2021, 03:12:41 PM »

Crist will be the nominee.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #281 on: August 12, 2021, 03:54:25 PM »

FRIEDMENTUM

RESISTENCE TWITTER WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #282 on: August 12, 2021, 04:22:57 PM »

So long as Taddeo doesn't jump into the race, that poll locks me in for Fried, given my previously explained rationale:

Say what you want about Fried's "resistance" style, but her winning in 2018 wasn't really all that much of a fluke, unless DeSantis' & Scott's wins were flukes too: she overperformed the top-of-the-ticket all across the state at the same time that Sean Shaw for AG & Jeremy Ring for CFO were badly underperforming & she really stood out in a way that you just don't see in a Democratic candidate for a down-ballot row office like Ag. Commish. She also had an organizing field staff independent of the chronically incompetent FDP - although they obviously worked together when necessary - & she's an SFL candidate in a time that Democratic statewide races have recently been falling short here. I think that she's ultimately good enough at message-discipline, coalition-building, & campaign resource-allocation that she manages to edge Crist out for the title of "stronger GE candidate," even though - of course - nobody's beating DeSantis next year in any event.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #283 on: August 12, 2021, 04:29:28 PM »

Florida, the ventilator state
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #284 on: August 12, 2021, 06:33:54 PM »

The only reason I want Crist to be the nominee is so that he didn't abandon holding his congressional district for nothing. Of course, he will lose just like Fried would, but at least it wouldn't be completely for nothing...just mostly for nothing.

I personally don't care if Fried is no longer Agriculture Commissioner or not, she'd probably lose that election anyway, so she has much less to lose, but those things don't affect the Democrats' presence in the federal government.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2021, 07:06:01 PM »

Neither one are gonna win with Biden at 49% Approvals just like Biden didn't win FL in 2020 with 50% Approvals
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #286 on: August 12, 2021, 08:01:22 PM »

I personally don't care if Fried is no longer Agriculture Commissioner or not, she'd probably lose that election anyway, so she has much less to lose, but those things don't affect the Democrats' presence in the federal government.
If you don't care about any of this why do you post in this thread?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #287 on: August 13, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »

His predicting is on par with Snowlabrador, he believes WI is Lean R
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #288 on: August 13, 2021, 04:48:13 PM »

If you don't care about any of this why do you post in this thread?

Because when the result comes in being exactly what I expect, it will just be more vindication for me and my infamous "safe R Florida" takes.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #289 on: August 13, 2021, 05:49:53 PM »

I don’t think Fried would win, but I do think Crist is overrated and pretty much an empty opportunist.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2021, 11:35:14 AM »

In local news: Duval is the eighth school district to join the rebel alliance, along with Sarasota, Leon, Alachua, Hillsborough, Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade. The eight counties represent 44% of all public school students in Florida. Orange County Public Schools is expected to approve on a mask mandate at the school board meeting today; Pinellas also meets today but the outcome seems less certain. Eyes on Osceola/Seminole/St. Lucie, which all have a sort of mandate, but allow parents to opt-out without a doctor’s note. DeSantis has pledged to #defund schools that require a medical opt-out, which, once Orange moves today, will mean defunding the public schools attended by a majority of Florida's children.

Meanwhile, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas will require all visiting cruise ship passengers to present proof of vaccination. The requirement extends to private islands owned by cruise lines like Disney, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean. As a result of its proximity to Florida, a majority of cruises stop in the Bahamas. DeSantis has attempted to forbid cruise lines from requiring vaccinations, but following the Bahamas move and a loss in federal court, a majority of cruise lines are now requiring vaccination. (Including Disney, the people who really run this state.) L after L for Ronnie this week.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #291 on: August 24, 2021, 12:19:38 PM »

St. Pete mayoral election is today! Former County Commissioner Ken Welch (D), who would be the city’s first black mayor, almost certainly has first place locked up. Welch is the favorite of the local Dem establishment, with endorsements from outgoing Mayor Rick Kriseman and former Gov. Charlie Crist (as well as most of the city council), and (if you like) you could view his likely victory as an affirmation of Kriseman’s tenure in office. It’s unlikely he exceeds the 50% necessary to avoid a November runoff, but not impossible.

The race for second is a bit more competitive, but councilman Robert Blackmon (R) looks like a strong favorite ahead of Councilwoman Darden Rice (D). Both have faced their own scandals during the campaign — Rice a mailer, widely seen as dishonest, that attempted to tie Welch to Donald Trump by way of campaign contributions and endorsements from figures like Sheriff Bob Gualtieri (R), Blackmon for evicting tenants from properties he owns in south St. Pete. Rice actually has the fundraising edge, but Blackmon probably has an advantage because of his ability to consolidate Republican voters. Most polls have both candidates trailing Welch by double digits in the runoff.

Turnout has been light so far. The final poll, from St. Pete Polls, has it Welch 37%, Blackmon 27%, Rice 17%. State Rep. Wengay Newton (D), a conservative Democrat who represents the city’s south side in the legislature, trails with 6%; restauranteur Pete Boland (R) takes 5%.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2021, 04:08:18 PM »

u love too see it

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #293 on: August 24, 2021, 04:19:41 PM »

Lmao... no.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2021, 04:41:49 PM »
« Edited: August 24, 2021, 04:50:42 PM by Mr. Kanye West »

Great news GOV FRIED

We don't know the outcomes of Elections we can predict them but D's can win Elections as 2008/12 showed we can win FL, OH, IA and NC
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #295 on: August 24, 2021, 05:04:52 PM »

Rs won Florida big in 2018 when Hillary was loser. Biden approval down plus Rubio against AA Demings means Ds are lost.

Kelly, WARNOCK, Hassan, and CCM will decide inevitable fate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: August 24, 2021, 05:47:09 PM »

Rs won Florida big in 2018 when Hillary was loser. Biden approval down plus Rubio against AA Demings means Ds are lost.

Like Biden Approvals are gonna stay like that forever, some show him at 54%

Biden and Obama won FL, OH, NC, IN and IA I'm 2008/12 and the PVI was only 6 sux everything isn't about 2018
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2021, 05:48:11 PM »

Like Biden Approvals are gonna stay like that forever, some show him at 54%
Like Biden Approvals are gonna fall, some show him at 45%
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2021, 05:51:08 PM »

Obama was at 45 due to Unpopularity of Obamacare and Trump was going thru impeachment, there isn't any issue that will keep Biden polls at 45 and Lol Afghanistan isn't gonna do it, we haven't had an international Terrorist attack since the deaths of Arafat, Saddam, and Bin Laden

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2021, 06:16:16 PM »

u love too see it

I would love to see it on election day. But an undeniably flawed poll does nothing for me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 49  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies