Florida 2022 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:03:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 55314 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 03, 2021, 05:56:10 PM »

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if Rubio got over 60% of the vote in the next election, as well as De Santis.

That's about as likely as Masto and Sisolak getting over 60%.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2021, 06:09:17 PM »

Fun fact: in 1998, only 12 counties in Florida gave Jeb Bush more of the total vote in % terms than Escambia County did. In 2018, the number of counties that did the same for DeSantis was a whopping 43.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #252 on: June 03, 2021, 06:16:44 PM »

D's need to focus on OH, IA and NC that's the road from 51/55 seats not FL which is 56/57 and MO and KY

OH is our 53rd seat not FL that's why I have donated to Ryan and Whaley due to Mandel

Afro Americans are the Minority in OH

Cubans and PR outnumber Blks in FL
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #253 on: June 03, 2021, 07:27:54 PM »

Not sure why people here are so vehemently against Fried, when she was the only Dem who managed to get elected in 2018 and seems to be well liked in FL.

By 6,000 votes in a blue year. Even if she loses the primary, I'm very confident she'd lose the agricultural commissioner race this time around.

She can run in both races?

Technically but it's a long-shot: only in the event that she were to lose the Democratic gubernatorial primary, the winner of the simultaneously-held Democratic AgCommish primary were to withdraw, & the FDP's executive committee were to name Fried to fill the resultant vacancy in the Democratic AgCommish nomination would she be able to have run for both offices.
MARGINS6729
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2021, 03:30:42 AM »

I think she should wait to 2026. Crist is a better candidate for 2022, but neither is likely to win despite DeSantis being a poor governor.

Fried probably figured she was the underdog whether she ran for reelection or for governor, so might as well get more name recognition by running for higher office. Fried is also only 43 years old, so she could definitely run for Governor again in 2026 (or another office) if she loses the primary or general election this time (unlike Crist; this is probably his last chance to be Governor given his age and previous electoral losses).

I'm not sure who I support in this race, I like both Fried and Crist. I'd be happy with either as the nominee. I think it's unlikely to happen, but maybe Crist could choose Fried as his running mate if the primary doesn't get too nasty?

They need a Hispanic on the ticket. Fried being on the ticket wouldn't do much for Crist.
MARGINS6729
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2021, 03:42:45 AM »

Undecided 'til Taddeo confirms whether or not she's running too. If she doesn't, then I'll be for Fried, but if she does, then I'll have a real decision to make over these next 14 months.

In other news, the Florida Democratic Party forgot to renew the floridadems.com domain & the GOP bought it. Yes, short of perpetually losing winnable elections, that just might be the most 'Florida Democratic Party' thing to have ever happened.

That wasn't their domain to begin with I think- it was always Floridadems.org(https://www.floridadems.org/) and when you search the Florida Democratic Party via Google it is that that comes up, not this GOP thing.
MARGINS6729
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2021, 03:49:20 AM »
« Edited: June 27, 2021, 01:26:45 AM by MARGINS6729 »

Democrats absolutely can win Florida but they need to actually put in the work required to win there and the national DEMs need to treat it like a priority which they never do. You need to be working everywhere with every demographic in both the media and on the ground 365 days a year. The GOP does that. The Democrats don't.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2021, 05:29:42 AM »

Can't put my finger on why but Fried seems to be a very likable candidate. She may not be favored but I wouldn't underestimate her either.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2021, 07:18:25 AM »

It's wave insurance it's not that important of a race, DeSantis is up by 10 pts, Crist will win the primary, he was Gov already and kept taxes low and speak Spanish
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2021, 04:18:45 PM »

Undecided 'til Taddeo confirms whether or not she's running too. If she doesn't, then I'll be for Fried, but if she does, then I'll have a real decision to make over these next 14 months.

In other news, the Florida Democratic Party forgot to renew the floridadems.com domain & the GOP bought it. Yes, short of perpetually losing winnable elections, that just might be the most 'Florida Democratic Party' thing to have ever happened.

That wasn't their domain to begin with I think- it was always Floridadems.org(https://www.floridadems.org/) and when you search the Florida Democratic Party via Google it is that that comes up, not this GOP thing.

Yes, floridadems.org is & has always been the main domain, & it's the one which they'd actually make sure to never lose their control over. However, 'til recently, floridadems.com would just redirect to floridadems.org, 'til the FDP lost their ownership of the .com, of course, at which point it stopped redirecting because the FLGOP had already scooped it up.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2021, 05:20:34 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2021, 05:27:21 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Without HR 1 passing and DeSantis and Abbott Redistricting FL and TX anyway they want DeSantis and Abbott will win by landslides

This race WOULD be completive if HR 1 passed but it's not DeSantis is gonna win, too bad
55/45  by both

D's aren't gonna win 55/56/58 seats they will win 51/53 seat OH or NC wave insurence to GA when it goes to a Runoff
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2021, 06:03:37 AM »

Old news, but this should not have been overlooked here. Biden admin sides with Florida in lawsuit to import Canadian prescription drugs. It's the right decision, of course, and from a heartless electoral standpoint, not being outflanked on healthcare policy is important to shoring up Biden's chances in 2024. Nevertheless, if the bill (supported by DeSantis) goes into force before 2022, he will become that much harder to beat for FLGOV.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #262 on: June 13, 2021, 10:11:00 AM »

I am definitely more optimistic about FL, Rs were counting on Crist not energizing the CV others, now that Fried is tied with Crist, it's whole new ballgame and Fried can pull Val over finish line with Grayson own internal poll showing a 5 poly race for Gov and Sen, well within range for us to win in 500 days.

FL and TX are vital to keeping the House
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2021, 10:17:31 AM »

Not from Florida but officially endorsing Charlie Crist, will keep my eyes on this race
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2021, 05:05:25 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2021, 05:17:54 PM by UNBEATABLE TITAN WAYNE MESSAM »

IMHO Nikki Fried vs. Charlie Crist is a dog-and-pony show for the elite donor class.

The two frontrunners are unlikeable and have no real convictions or ideas to help the Floridian people out, only standing for not being DeSantis. It's basically Young Hillary Clinton vs. Male Hillary Clinton.

If forced to choose between these two, I'll go with Nikki Fried, but it's all still very upsetting.

I support one of these guys who I haven't crossed out. I really hope one of them gains traction:

Any one of them will have plenty of material to use luckily  Angry  Angry  Angry

"Charlie Crist is a flip-flopper" easy instakill

"How do you expect Nikki Fried to stand up to DeSantis, she couldn't even stand up for a $15 minimum wage" again easy

Also "Nikki Fried is a good-for-nothing career politician who's had her eyes on governor's mansion for far too long. Everything she does isn't to help the average Floridian, but is only to gain name recognition for her governor's run. Don't fall for her tricks."
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2021, 05:35:30 PM »

IMHO Nikki Fried vs. Charlie Crist is a dog-and-pony show for the elite donor class.

The two frontrunners are unlikeable and have no real convictions or ideas to help the Floridian people out, only standing for not being DeSantis. It's basically Young Hillary Clinton vs. Male Hillary Clinton.

If forced to choose between these two, I'll go with Nikki Fried, but it's all still very upsetting.

I support one of these guys who I haven't crossed out. I really hope one of them gains traction:

Any one of them will have plenty of material to use luckily  Angry  Angry  Angry

"Charlie Crist is a flip-flopper" easy instakill

"How do you expect Nikki Fried to stand up to DeSantis, she couldn't even stand up for a $15 minimum wage" again easy

Also "Nikki Fried is a good-for-nothing career politician who's had her eyes on governor's mansion for far too long. Everything she does isn't to help the average Floridian, but is only to gain name recognition for her governor's run. Don't fall for her tricks."

The D's weren't gonna win this anyways unless a major scandal breaks out with DeSantis that's what wave insurance means the opposite party can pick up a seat in an upset usually when a major scandal breaks out

Rs picked up IL but Kirk had a major strike and lost in a landslide
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #266 on: June 23, 2021, 01:40:54 PM »

In hindsight, Trump winning Florida had to be the best outcome for DeSantis’s future. If Trump had lost the state he would have picked a fight over “voter fraud” just like he did with Ducey and Kemp.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #267 on: June 23, 2021, 01:43:35 PM »

In hindsight, Trump winning Florida had to be the best outcome for DeSantis’s future. If Trump had lost the state he would have picked a fight over “voter fraud” just like he did with Ducey and Kemp.

Well, I guess he could have gone full MAGA and refuse to certify the election results and let the courts take care of the rest. Then he could have said that he tried everything in his power to overturn the alleged "voter fraud".
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2021, 02:01:15 PM »

It's too unfortunate his bid is such a longshot.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: June 26, 2021, 03:03:33 PM »

This seat is definitely wave insurance and we still have 500 days but some D's thought Fried was the strongest candidate, Crist is, and he can overcome a 10 pt deficit but it's wave insurance anyways
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2021, 03:07:36 PM »

I am pretty sure that Ron DeSantis would have invoked the dual elector scenario had Joe Biden won Florida, which might have made January 6 a bit more interesting considering that the dual electors might have got into armed conflict during the Capitol storming.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2021, 12:57:58 AM »

Rep. Al Lawson has endorsed Crist, who continues to lead the fundraising race. Crist is getting a lot of endorsements among black politicians in particular; could be an area of strength for him in the primary.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2021, 01:14:11 AM »

Ron DeSantis just said he isn't doing mask mandatory again, he does not believe in Science
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2021, 12:59:29 PM »

Ron DeSantis just said he isn't doing mask mandatory again, he does not believe in Science

And that changes the course of the race how? Republicans aren't gonna vote for Crist or Fried due to this issue alone.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2021, 04:30:33 PM »

DeSantis is heavily favored.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50