COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:27:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 201
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 268468 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2020, 06:37:04 PM »

As if this couldn't get any weirder, a white hat hacker group has just posted the online login information for all employees of the WIV, CDC, NIH, WHO, and the Gates Foundation. They say they are going through the data now, but one authentic appearing screenshot from an employee of the Wuhan Institute of Virology appears to show a discussion of inserting an HIV single nucleotide protein into a coronavirus. If this is true, prepare for World War III.

Oh God it's now here on the forum as if I didn't see enough of it on reddit and twitter
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2020, 06:38:40 PM »

As if this couldn't get any weirder, a white hat hacker group has just posted the online login information for all employees of the WIV, CDC, NIH, WHO, and the Gates Foundation. They say they are going through the data now, but one authentic appearing screenshot from an employee of the Wuhan Institute of Virology appears to show a discussion of inserting an HIV single nucleotide protein into a coronavirus. If this is true, prepare for World War III.

Oh God it's now here on the forum as if I didn't see enough of it on reddit and twitter

My sister has been talking about this for the past week. I just can't...
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2020, 06:41:25 PM »

Is it credible?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2020, 06:43:21 PM »

The dumps were uploaded last night. I would post more proof but I don't know if it's against the rules.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #279 on: April 21, 2020, 06:45:33 PM »

The dumps were uploaded last night. I would post more proof but I don't know if it's against the rules.
You chose wisely young padawan.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #280 on: April 21, 2020, 06:45:46 PM »

I can't say for sure about what you're referring to either, but what my sister was parroting was very much a conspiracy theory that resembles this.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #281 on: April 21, 2020, 06:58:11 PM »

I'm crossing my fingers desperately that this is just Beet being Beet.

But even Beet being Beet has proven to hold unappreciated wisdom at times, so consider me a little scared. Tongue
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2020, 07:00:22 PM »

Very sad this incompetent bozo wasn't removed.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »

Duh.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2020, 07:03:32 PM »

The good news is we'll probably be more prepared to deal with it, at least at the state level.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #285 on: April 21, 2020, 07:05:10 PM »

I'm crossing my fingers desperately that this is just Beet being Beet.

But even Beet being Beet has proven to hold unappreciated wisdom at times, so consider me a little scared. Tongue

I can't find anything about this on 4chan. If 4chan isn't eating it up already, it's a nothingburger.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2020, 07:13:11 PM »

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1252718536025239552

It looks like the Democrats got played again on stimulus funding. This is why we lose elections.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2020, 07:14:04 PM »

The US is going to set a new daily record for deaths today (at least according to the worldometers count).  The models that projected the peak to come around April 10 were clearly way off.

The peak in deaths isn't the same as a peak in new cases, and you must realize this is backlog right? It doesn't give an accurate picture into how many people are actually dying from this per day.

The cases are going to have a longer tail that many models predicted. Particularly with dumbass governors like in Georgia.

Well they haven't shown that they will. Every moment throughout the crisis, the result has been better than the projections. Almost every state, minus a handful, are seeing new case rates falling. Backlogs don't count.

I doubt that the reopening of a select amount of businesses in GA will have any real effect.

gurl where are you getting "select" from? the entire state is basically reopening
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2020, 07:16:40 PM »

Half the deaths are between those ages. Why did you not mention this? Most people who died are younger than 85.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2020, 07:19:38 PM »

The US is going to set a new daily record for deaths today (at least according to the worldometers count).  The models that projected the peak to come around April 10 were clearly way off.

The peak in deaths isn't the same as a peak in new cases, and you must realize this is backlog right? It doesn't give an accurate picture into how many people are actually dying from this per day.

The cases are going to have a longer tail that many models predicted. Particularly with dumbass governors like in Georgia.

Well they haven't shown that they will. Every moment throughout the crisis, the result has been better than the projections. Almost every state, minus a handful, are seeing new case rates falling. Backlogs don't count.

I doubt that the reopening of a select amount of businesses in GA will have any real effect.

gurl where are you getting "select" from? the entire state is basically reopening

I'm a dude, and the governor literally said select businesses. Restaurants among them, along with Salons and Gyms.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2020, 07:20:05 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2020, 07:23:38 PM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Today is turning out to be the deadliest day of the pandemic so far in the U.S at 2,800 deaths
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2020, 07:21:23 PM »

The good news is we'll probably be more prepared to deal with it, at least at the state level.

This. Hospital capacities will be swelled in anticipation, and treatments will be available, so we might not even need social distancing.

Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2020, 07:24:24 PM »

We'll be more prepared this time at least.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »

True. States will pick up the slack...again.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2020, 07:26:27 PM »

This is interesting.  Georgia seems like the libertarian version of Michigan in terms of handling this.  Nail salons and movie theaters are on a totally different level from parks and beaches.

Fortunately all of the major chains are shut anyway by corporate decision, and whatever does open won't have much to show. No big budget movies coming out till June and only a few for the entire summer. Everything else has been delayed.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2020, 07:27:44 PM »

Today is turning out to be the deadliest day of the pandemic so far in the U.S at 2,800 deaths

This would mean that the projected peak of April 15th was wrong. I am less optimistic this week from what I've seen than I was last week.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2020, 07:28:52 PM »

This would mean that the projected peak of April 15th was wrong. I am less optimistic this week from what I've seen than I was last week.

Apparently there was a backlog of really old cases in California.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2020, 07:29:15 PM »

It does mean though than the pandemic to this point has been worse than we realized.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2020, 07:30:02 PM »

Not sure. The virus is mutating.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2020, 07:30:17 PM »

I don't know what's crazier, that theory or the theory that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was studying bat coronaviruses but it was just coincidence.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 201  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies