COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:10:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 265964 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: April 20, 2020, 07:17:36 PM »

Brian Kemp is not an evil man. He is doing this because he fears the long term socioeconomic consequences of being on lockdown for several months. Whether this is the right decision or not remains to be seen.

But again, is it worth the risk to his residents' lives?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »

Sadly, regardless of how the election goes, Trump will still be President if this hits in December. I especially can't imagine that he'd be any more motivated to competently deal with it if he becomes a lame duck.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 06:38:40 PM »

As if this couldn't get any weirder, a white hat hacker group has just posted the online login information for all employees of the WIV, CDC, NIH, WHO, and the Gates Foundation. They say they are going through the data now, but one authentic appearing screenshot from an employee of the Wuhan Institute of Virology appears to show a discussion of inserting an HIV single nucleotide protein into a coronavirus. If this is true, prepare for World War III.

Oh God it's now here on the forum as if I didn't see enough of it on reddit and twitter

My sister has been talking about this for the past week. I just can't...
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 06:45:46 PM »

As if this couldn't get any weirder, a white hat hacker group has just posted the online login information for all employees of the WIV, CDC, NIH, WHO, and the Gates Foundation. They say they are going through the data now, but one authentic appearing screenshot from an employee of the Wuhan Institute of Virology appears to show a discussion of inserting an HIV single nucleotide protein into a coronavirus. If this is true, prepare for World War III.

Oh God it's now here on the forum as if I didn't see enough of it on reddit and twitter

My sister has been talking about this for the past week. I just can't...

The dumps were uploaded last night. I would post more proof but I don't know if it's against the rules.

I can't say for sure about what you're referring to either, but what my sister was parroting was very much a conspiracy theory that resembles this.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »

The good news is we'll probably be more prepared to deal with it, at least at the state level.

True. States will pick up the slack...again.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 06:18:47 PM »

Did Trump just suggest injecting isopropanol into your veins?

What in the actual ****

I never understood why anyone would want to vote for this imbecile, and I am now even more baffled somehow. This f***ing guy is the President of the United States. I still can't believe it!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »

If he's telling the truth, he's stupid; if a lie, he's dishonest.  Take your pick.

So it wasn't just the media that misinterpreted his "jokes" then, eh?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 06:21:51 PM »

Another whistle-blower complaint? Is this a record for an administration? At least when it comes to whistle-blowers we know?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 05:53:13 PM »

Everything is fine.

Who needs a mask when you have Jesus?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 06:27:06 PM »

This is how virus-truthers feel across the country. They are scared to acknowledge the truth so they stay buried under the sand in with fictitious beliefs that everything is normal and always will be. Basically a form of denial to cope with tough situations.
It’s truly an enviable way of thinking, to be able to be so willfully ignorant for your own happiness.

Their chief:

I mean, this is actually true.  If you do more testing you will invariably identify more cases.  Didn't we all agree on this several weeks ago?

Great. So I guess if the police stopped doing rape kits that would solve the rape and sexual assault problem.

Why stop there? If we don't investigate any crimes in general, it's like they never happened! America can truly become a crime free utopia!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 05:51:05 PM »

I am personally fine with continuing to wear a mask in public. I actually think I look better with one on. It covers my schnoz that I am so insecure about.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 06:29:24 PM »

Trump needs to stop being a coward and assemble a coalition of the willing to turn their full might on the Chinese government in retaliation for all this.

For some reason, I doubt the PRC government is very concerned about your scenario.

That second image looks like something out of '28 Days/Weeks Later.'
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 07:22:23 PM »

Actually, this would explain a lot:

I had really weird dreams when I took it. Maybe this all one of my hydroxychloroquine dreams I've been stuck in for nine years.

Twist ending! Our entire reality has just been your dream! Someone call M. Night Shyamalan! We need to make this a movie!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2020, 06:08:58 PM »

Actually, this would explain a lot:

Yeah, about that...

He'd be better off just burning whatever money he intends to spend there. This is why all the reporting of his record campaign coffers doesn't really intimidate me anymore. Anyway, so far the only ads his campaign has been making are embarrassing pop culture references where Trump is inserted into a movie or something.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »

The Least-Surprising-News-Ever Award goes to this!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 06:42:19 PM »

Why is that odd? 

Because they're reaching for anything that could stick to Biden and make him look bad. Somehow this is the most desperate and pathetic attempt yet.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 07:37:57 PM »

No it's called people who want to save lives vs people who care more about going to a football game then protecting people around them!

When did I say anything about football games? I could care less about the football games.

We have to have ideas that are realistic and workable.

I would also add that people aren't protesting against or criticizing the lockdown orders because they "care about football games" or "want to get a haircut." Many people's livelihoods are on the line if the economy is not reopened in due order, and this is to say nothing of the demonstrated psychological impacts which this is having for many. Essential surgeries have been delayed; the education of millions of children has been negatively affected; and unemployment rates have climbed to unprecedented levels. Bringing about the end of lockdown orders will alleviate the stresses that many are dealing with right now.
I’m sure a minority of the protestors are concerned about their jobs, but more of them seem to protesting out of some rather twisted idea of freedom/to own the media/libs/insert-group-here.

The economic damage of the lockdowns are real, but if that is truly what these people were concerned about, they would be more than happy to promote mask-wearing (so we don’t have to keep closed down) and to social distance so that they can get back to work without fear of a resurgence (and a potential second lockdown)
It’s common sense and has the added benefit of not killing granny.

Maybe I am expecting too much when I expect the working American to think rationally, but I just don’t think the protestors are really the ones who are suffering the most economically. It seems more like a middle finger to the “evil media/elites” than anything.

You make a great point here. These numbskulls are actually undermining their "cause" here.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 06:13:59 PM »

Just imagine if he wins re-election and has even less to lose!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »

Just from the numbers we have as of now, today is gearing up to be a terrible day in terms of new cases. This probably is due to a combination of increased testing, and a possible mini spike from reopenings. If the second is true, cases will continue to look worse than they were 7 days ago throughout next week.

I also can't imagine that the protests are helping much.

Side note: it's interesting to note that the Floyd unrest is probably the first thing to take attention away from the pandemic since its start.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »

So one of two things will happen:

1. There are minimal spikes in Covid cases and the sham will be fully exposed.
2. There will be a massive spike in Covid cases, essentially undoing any of the good work that lockdowns may have done.

In either case, you will never get a second lockdown after the absolute fukcery of the last two months.

Stop!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2020, 06:50:06 PM »

So one of two things will happen:

1. There are minimal spikes in Covid cases and the sham will be fully exposed.
2. There will be a massive spike in Covid cases, essentially undoing any of the good work that lockdowns may have done.

In either case, you will never get a second lockdown after the absolute fukcery of the last two months.

Stop!

He's 100% right.

No he isn't.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2020, 08:32:46 PM »

these bullsh**t health experts.
Del Tachi was 100% in calling our their absolute fakeness.

I should go to a protest with thousands of people but churches have a strict limit of 25. Huh

The virus spreads easier indoors.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 08:38:46 PM »

these bullsh**t health experts.
Del Tachi was 100% in calling our their absolute fakeness.

I should go to a protest with thousands of people but churches have a strict limit of 25. Huh

The virus spreads easier indoors.

It's a catch-22. You either let corrupt public officials do whatever they want  or abandon public health. We're really at the point of no return on so many things.

That's a good way to put it, everything is such a mess right now.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2020, 06:15:54 PM »

I was a supporter of the restrictions, but the political motivations and double standards of these "experts" has resulted in me cutting my support. I don't want to hear any more "6 ft apart" or "wear a mask". I will be doing neither. F*** you and your agenda.

Sorry but that's an incredibly embarrassing reason to stop supporting restrictions.

That's basically the anti-lockdown protests in summation.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2020, 06:54:49 PM »

In other words, they're snowflakes.  It's reprehensible to be against other people choosing not to risk their health just because they don't want to be reminded of the virus.  It's not over!

Well, I can't stop someone from masking up. But a lot of people see it and it really hurts morale.

Morale? Who cares about that?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies