Survivor megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:23:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Survivor megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Author Topic: Survivor megathread  (Read 16747 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2020, 01:24:43 AM »

I watched part of last season but it was pretty disappointing. I think ever since they stopped moving locations it really has taken a downturn.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 02:24:27 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2020, 04:31:58 AM by morgankingsley »

At season 50 they should do one mega mash up with all previous winners who are still alive for its final season

Yes I know, it would be more than 39 days, but I think should allow it for this
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2020, 01:17:01 PM »

Can't believe they're bringing back EoE after the backlash, but these jurors will probably respect the game enough not to crown a winner from there.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2020, 02:47:24 PM »

Extremely excited for this, I’m going to a watch party tonight and get to meet Dani from Guatemala! Agree with Harry, though, not happy that Edge of Extinction is back!!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2020, 07:10:49 PM »

This is the most excited I have been for a 'Survivor' premiere in quite some time.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2020, 07:34:48 PM »

This is the most excited I have been for a 'Survivor' premiere in quite some time.

Same, I hope this season is good

I have to admit I haven't watch survivor since Game Changers 3 years ago. I need to catch up on the seasons since 2014. I didn't like San Juan Del Sur, Cambodia, Kaoh Rong, Millenials vs Gen X, HHH, Ghost Island, and David vs Goliath. Not interested in watching EOE and Island of the Idols especially because of the Dan Incident. 

Island of the Idols could have been a great season if it wasn't for the Dan controversy absolutely ruining it.

The other seasons you mentioned I haven't disliked, but they never really stuck with me like some earlier seasons did. I can barely even remember most of the winners. I can't blame you for disliking them or not wanting to watch them.

I agree though, hopefully this season will live up to the hype!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2020, 07:42:14 PM »

I have to admit I haven't watch survivor since Game Changers 3 years ago. I need to catch up on the seasons since 2014. I didn't like San Juan Del Sur, Cambodia, Kaoh Rong, Millenials vs Gen X, HHH, Ghost Island, and David vs Goliath. Not interested in watching EOE and Island of the Idols especially because of the Dan Incident. 

Island of the Idols could have been a great season if it wasn't for the Dan controversy absolutely ruining it.

The other seasons you mentioned I haven't disliked, but they never really stuck with me like some earlier seasons did. I can barely even remember most of the winners. I can't blame you for disliking them or not wanting to watch them.

I agree though, hopefully this season will live up to the hype!

haha, I meant to put watch instead of like for the seasons I need to catch up on. oops

Hehe oh! Well either way, you're still not wrong.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2020, 07:55:37 PM »
« Edited: February 12, 2020, 07:59:39 PM by Pro-Life Single Issue Voter »

I have to admit I haven't watch survivor since Game Changers 3 years ago. I need to catch up on the seasons since 2014. I didn't watch San Juan Del Sur, Cambodia, Kaoh Rong, Millenials vs Gen X, HHH, Ghost Island, and David vs Goliath. Not interested in watching EOE and Island of the Idols especially because of the Dan Incident.  

David vs. Goliath is the best season of those (the Survivor Reddit ranked it #1 of all-time in its 2019 "What Season Would You Watch" countdown), but several of them are decent (HHH is controversial and GI is predictable, but the others are pretty good).

Although, I don't think any of them live up to Heroes vs. Villains and Cagayan, which are probably my two favorites.

Also, Gabon is a classic (your sig)!  It was the season that got me into Survivor!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2020, 10:08:36 PM »

Won't spoil anything because the West Coast hasn't seen it yet, but I thought it was a very good premiere, though I hope that EoE doesn't take up too much of the airtime.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2020, 05:53:48 AM »

This is like the Avengers: Infinity War/End Game of Survivor! All the stars of their seasons coming together for this one. I was so hyped to see all these interactions between Survivor legends.

Really could do without EoE and fire tokens though. This cast is great enough to make the season stand on it own, production is ruining the flow of the season with all these over the top twists.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2020, 03:43:18 PM »

This is like the Avengers: Infinity War/End Game of Survivor! All the stars of their seasons coming together for this one. I was so hyped to see all these interactions between Survivor legends.

Really could do without EoE and fire tokens though. This cast is great enough to make the season stand on it own, production is ruining the flow of the season with all these over the top twists.

Some of the contestants wouldn't come back without EoE.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2020, 06:52:20 PM »

Hoo boy! Rob is going to be on a warpath after Amber got voted out! Their marriage was always going to be one of the most interesting aspects of this cast all interacting, but it's already paying off!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2020, 11:36:03 PM »

Three thoughts from the premiere:

• At first I thought it was ridiculous to say that the contestants could use their fire tokens to buy food or alcohol, because surely a winner wouldn't just blow them like that, but then I thought that having fire tokens might make someone a target, and it might be a good way to lower the target on yourself by spending tokens to buy a few pizzas for a tribal feast, and also get in everyone's good graces. Just don't overplay it like Angelina did.
  • Kim or Tyson never made the point (at least not on air) the so-called "poker alliance" supposedly included Jeremy. Because Natalie was voted off, the "poker alliance" must not exist, because it means either Boston Rob was on the losing side of the vote (unlikely because surely Rob would have been voted out had he not been on the winning side of the numbers) or else Rob voted off Jeremy's close ally, meaning the alliance isn't real. I think Kim making that point to Yul privately might have convinced him. On the other hand, I was impressed that Yul pretty much made that whole thing up and got everyone to believe it.
  • I didn't actually expect this or anything, but I was really hoping Natalie would show up to EoE and Chris would be there as the surprise 21st contestant on the game. I think it would have really fit to have a direct reminder to the contestants that you can come out of EoE and win, and also put Chris at a deserved disadvantage, since most people don't really consider him a legit winner.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2020, 10:23:05 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2020, 06:35:44 AM by Farmlands »

Good start in my opinion. One thing I'm enjoying is how the fire tokens are actually helping to fix the EOE twist, by letting the players there actually be involved in the game while out of the main story. Loved seeing Parvati, Yul and Sophie in action.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2020, 09:11:39 PM »

I really enjoyed the premiere. I've been watching the show regularly for five years now, but my mother tells me that she watched it during a brief hospital stay I had as an infant. In any case, it's a great show, and I look forward to seeing more of this season.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2020, 12:33:40 AM »

OMG! Loving this season.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2020, 05:24:01 PM »

It looks like someone's coming for the Queen's Title!

If it makes Sandra feel better though she probably had the most insane boot yet. I don't know if it will be topped.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2020, 06:25:21 PM »

This season is so good, even with the three biggest legends having just gone back-to-back-to-back!  I sense that we will have some new legends in a couple months (I hope they are able to do some sort of reunion, even if there's no live audience).
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2020, 02:57:58 AM »

It looks like someone's coming for the Queen's Title!

If it makes Sandra feel better though she probably had the most insane boot yet. I don't know if it will be topped.

I don't understand how Sandra couldn't have anticipated Denise would do what she did.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2020, 10:36:20 AM »

Is it safe to say Wendell was just trying to scam Parvati out of her fire tokens and Nick and Yul were in on it?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2020, 07:44:34 AM »

Classic Sandra move, and the right one, she wouldn't be able to win her way back in.

But they took out my boy Yul. Cry
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2020, 05:57:20 PM »

Those songs that have playing during the episodes lately are really weirding me out. They're probably the worst thing about this season so far.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2020, 04:28:12 PM »

Let me just say that my fantasy team is dominating my friends' teams right now since Tyson came back from the Edge.  I went from tied for first before the merge to 9 points up now!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2020, 06:14:39 PM »

Let me just say that my fantasy team is dominating my friends' teams right now since Tyson came back from the Edge.  I went from tied for first before the merge to 9 points up now!

Fantasy Survivor? Now I've seen everything!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2020, 11:18:08 PM »

Adam was playing way too aggressive again and he paid the price for it. He should of kept his mouth shut...  Lmao thinking the Fleur-de-lis attached to Jeff’s podium was a HII.

That was right up their with Billy confessing his love for Candice (who he'd never met) in the rankings of the funniest moments on Survivor.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies