Survivor megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:56:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Survivor megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Survivor megathread  (Read 15765 times)
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« on: March 10, 2019, 07:19:40 AM »

Thanks to this thread, I started watching Survivor's supposed best seasons (Borneo, Pearl Islands, China) and I am addicted to the show. I tried watching one of the most recent seasons, Cagayan, but I found it too gimmicky and with the #hashtags splashed all over the screen, it just was not for me.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 10:23:05 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2020, 06:35:44 AM by Farmlands »

Good start in my opinion. One thing I'm enjoying is how the fire tokens are actually helping to fix the EOE twist, by letting the players there actually be involved in the game while out of the main story. Loved seeing Parvati, Yul and Sophie in action.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 07:58:28 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2020, 05:09:18 PM by Farmlands »

Good final overall. Michele getting third place with her game leaves me feeling sad for her, but she's at peace with it. The key move for Tony's game really was the Sophie blindside, it made Sarah and Ben have to work with him and I have no doubt she would've worked something to get him out eventually.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 05:10:11 AM »

Anyone else watch the most recent season of Australian Survivor, that ended this past Sunday?

Those last few episodes just go to show why the new fire-making challenge actually ends up making things a lot less exciting than it used to be. Way less strategy and more plain luck. The winner was fantastic as well, I was fully rooting for them at the beginning of the episode.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 08:35:35 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2021, 03:10:01 PM by Farmlands »

It was a fun ride, but I think I'm tuning out of US Survivor for now. It's already impossible to keep track of who has which advantages now, and it's only going to get worse with twist island every week. And I don't see the producers interested in taking it in any other direction. A shame, because the cast seems really solid.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 01:19:52 PM »

A few episodes in: is anyone else loving this season? I think it’s certainly leagues better than 41 at this point if only for the lesser focus on advantages and more well-rounded editing in general.

So much better than 41. The editing is a lot better, the twists haven't occuppied half the episodes' runtimes, and in my opinion, this cast having a wider range of beliefs and personalities helps as well, because it's not just about life experiences sometimes.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 03:22:41 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2023, 03:34:57 PM by Farmlands »

https://www.justjared.com/2023/03/17/survivor-contestant-calls-out-winner-turned-politician-nick-wilson-for-voting-to-pass-anti-trans-anti-gay-legislation/

Unlikely we ever see Nick on the show again after he voted for Kentucky's brutal anti-trans bill. Honestly he is in the same tier as Jeff Varner going forward.

We get it, any remotely conservative people should be banned from all media, and wanting to prevent experiments on minors is as bad as outing someone on national TV and trying to profit off of it with a book. In any case, I doubt Survivor wants to cast any partisan politicians.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 08:10:20 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2023, 08:32:42 AM by Farmlands »

Great season and a solid winner. The Tika three are one of my favourite alliances for sure, each one of them with a different style of gameplay and personality, and their strategy really paid off. I'd say the players I enjoyed the most were Yam-Yam, Carolyn and Jamie.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies