January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:18:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 151
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 141598 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: April 25, 2022, 10:31:38 AM »

Did anyone not assume this stuff was going on?

Judging by the responses from people TRAITORS like Fuzzy Bear, Grumps, etc they simply don’t care.

FTFY.  I would not have reported your consistency as a personal attack.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #701 on: April 25, 2022, 10:38:14 AM »

Judging by the responses from people TRAITORS like Fuzzy Bear, Grumps, etc they simply don’t care.

Am I wrong though?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #702 on: April 25, 2022, 10:51:51 AM »

Am I wrong though?

Oh just string us up like Benedict Arnold and call it a day.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #703 on: April 25, 2022, 10:55:14 AM »

Am I wrong though?

You snark on him but you guys clearly don’t actually love this country in the way you guys like to present as considering you hold the democracy that is supposed to be the cornerstone of our nation completely in contempt
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #704 on: April 25, 2022, 07:55:05 PM »

Am I wrong though?

Blue posters wish they could retire as Russian generals with a pension.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #705 on: April 26, 2022, 01:57:19 PM »

Marjorie Taylor Greene texted Mark Meadows to get him to press Trump to declare martial law.

Days before Joe Biden’s presidential inauguration, Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene appeared in a text to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows to press for Donald Trump to overturn his 2020 election defeat by invoking martial law, new messages show.

The message – one of more than 2,000 texts turned over by Meadows to the House select committee investigating January 6 and first reported by CNN – shows that some of Trump’s most ardent allies on Capitol Hill were pressing for Trump to return himself to office even after the Capitol attack.

“In our private chat with only Members several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call Marshall [sic] law,” Greene texted on 17 January. “I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next.”
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #706 on: April 26, 2022, 02:44:30 PM »

Am I wrong though?

Blue posters wish they could retire as Russian generals with a pension.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #707 on: April 28, 2022, 09:18:51 PM »

The first hearing is planned for June 9.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #708 on: April 29, 2022, 02:10:02 AM »

The first hearing is planned for June 9.

Will certainly be entertaining no matter your thoughts on all this.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #709 on: April 30, 2022, 04:32:34 PM »

I think we've seen enough of Fox News conspiring with the White House on Trump's attempted coup.

We need a total and complete shutdown of Fox News until our representatives can figure out exactly what went on.  
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #710 on: April 30, 2022, 04:53:42 PM »

Wow that was almost word for word.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #711 on: April 30, 2022, 08:37:40 PM »

Wow that was almost word for word.

LOL.
I almost died laughing.
She and Fox are such a fraud.
If you look at the text she sent Meadows, she even listed it as "1Q" (first question).
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #712 on: May 01, 2022, 05:11:05 AM »

What the F was her lawyer even arguing about?
Did I hear him correctly? ... That, because he (MTG's lawyer) also represented (or currently represents) donald Traitorous trump, that their side gets to claim "Executive Privilege" for MTG not to answer a question?
What kind of Bizarro world law, is that crap? Some people have no shame.
Only two ways this makes sense

MTG is claiming to be working at the direction of the President or MTG is claiming to be the President
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #713 on: May 01, 2022, 05:44:25 AM »

Without Garland these Congressional investigation into Jan 6th isn't damaging the R party they have the lead now on the Generic Congressional ballot but there hasn't been an election yet but as far as Damaging the brand name of R party it's having no impact right now

But, there isn't any election yet and voters will take it into the Voting booth
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #714 on: May 01, 2022, 09:56:28 AM »

Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #715 on: May 01, 2022, 11:58:18 AM »

Aure would be nice if anyone prosecuted these people
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #716 on: May 01, 2022, 01:00:12 PM »

For?

I thought this sham panel was investigating a riot, not recount lawsuits from a month prior.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #717 on: May 01, 2022, 01:07:44 PM »

For?

I thought this sham panel was investigating a riot, not recount lawsuits from a month prior.
It really is unbelievably creepy that these people try to destroy our democracy and your general attitude of the situation seems to be “So? Lol who cares”
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #718 on: May 01, 2022, 01:32:15 PM »

I know it's hypocrisy when BLM protesters storm the street it's Mob action but when Tea Party does it, it's a typical tourist visit like RoJo of WI said it if it was BLM it would be a riot but he was scared because they were white and they.put a pipe bomb near DNC where Harris could of been assassinated.

But it's Mob action when George Floyd protesters did, but Floyd was commented with Kyrie Irving and Lebron that's why it was such a big deal

But, we need Garland, he has said nothing
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: May 01, 2022, 01:47:11 PM »

For?

It really is unbelievably creepy that these people try to destroy our democracy and your general attitude of the situation seems to be “So? Lol who cares”

Lol. As much as you like to pretend 200 morons breaking a book shelf and rubbing poop on the walls of the capitol during a riot is literally trying to literally destroy literally democracy literally, its not. Its just one of 600 riots that occurred within a year of the covid outbreak. And again, thats referencing the capitol riot, not random legal strategies from November seeking recounts, which is what I was addressing.

Again, its the 1/6 Commission, so why are we talking about stuff unrelated to the riot? You are right, lol who cares about recount lawsuits.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #720 on: May 01, 2022, 01:57:14 PM »

Can you believe there are people out there that think that all the transpired on Jan 6th was 200 morons breaking a book shelf and rubbing poop on the walls?
These people need mental assistance.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #721 on: May 01, 2022, 02:03:11 PM »

For?

Lol. As much as you like to pretend 200 morons breaking a book shelf and rubbing poop on the walls of the capitol during a riot is literally trying to literally destroy literally democracy literally, its not. Its just one of 600 riots that occurred within a year of the covid outbreak. And again, thats referencing the capitol riot, not random legal strategies from November seeking recounts, which is what I was addressing.

Again, its the 1/6 Commission, so why are we talking about stuff unrelated to the riot? You are right, lol who cares about recount lawsuits.
Are you really so obtuse you don’t see how Trump and his allies trying to come up with schemes to overturn the election and then these exact people egging on a riot that stormed the capital in an attempt to overturn the election might be linked to each other? 🙄
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #722 on: May 01, 2022, 02:49:04 PM »

For?

Are you really so obtuse you don’t see how Trump and his allies trying to come up with schemes to overturn the election and then these exact people egging on a riot that stormed the capital in an attempt to overturn the election might be linked to each other? 🙄

Havent seen much evidence presented that Drumpf on purpose wanted a riot, same as I havent seen any credible evidence that Drumpf is a Russisn spy who only won because of Russian collusion and a hooker piss tape. Maybe if we didnt have 3 years non stop of that conspiracy people might take your other conspiracy seriously. But alas, crying wolf and all that. The 1/6 commission should stick to investigating the moron rioters and not this mission creep into Dem conspiracy theories.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #723 on: May 01, 2022, 04:06:21 PM »

Can you believe there are people out there that think that all the transpired on Jan 6th was 200 morons breaking a book shelf and rubbing poop on the walls?

I don't think Mr. R really believes that's all it was; for one thing, he never acknowledges the documented assaults on police officers, which is something that in other settings I think he'd care very much about.  He repeatedly chooses to focus on lesser aspects of the riot in order to downplay the worst aspects.  And frankly, that's worse.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #724 on: May 01, 2022, 05:16:32 PM »

I don't think Mr. R really believes that's all it was; for one thing, he never acknowledges the documented assaults on police officers, which is something that in other settings I think he'd care very much about.  He repeatedly chooses to focus on lesser aspects of the riot in order to downplay the worst aspects.  And frankly, that's worse.

I guess after more than 2000 cops were injured during the 2020 Antifa riots and it was all dismissed as just an idea and mostly peaceful the additional 100 cops injured on 1/6 sort of get lost in the noise. Especially when we are told this riot is so much more special than the 2020 riots despite having 1/20th of the police injuries.

But again Ive said countless times capitol rioters should go to jail. Yall just dont like that i wont fall for your conspiracies again. My understanding is the idiots started rioting before Drumpf even gave the "incitement" speech.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 151  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies