Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:40:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 46066 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: May 26, 2020, 10:35:46 PM »
« edited: May 26, 2020, 10:39:49 PM by Face Masks Prevent You From Speaking Moistly »

If you haven't watched the video, watch the video.

I hadn't watched it until just now. I want to vomit. This is WAY more disgusting than I thought. There's no way that isn't manslaughter or murder. Every minute that goes by where that cop isn't fired is a f____ng disgrace.

EDIT - Four cops fired, okay. The beginning of justice.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 12:03:08 AM »

MAKE WHITES GREAT AGAIN COP dot jpg
That's a photoshopped picture ... right?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 12:29:43 AM »
« Edited: May 27, 2020, 01:44:15 AM by Face Masks Prevent You From Speaking Moistly »

Doesn't really look like the same guy honestly. Ears and eyes both appear not to match.

Neither does the chin. Those two men don't really even look that much alike, right?
I think it could be him 100% if the picture is at least 6 months old and if he's put on at least 10 lbs.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 01:46:14 AM »

You know what? I don't even care if he's a Bernie supporter. I care what he did to that man and how he did it. It's not partisan really.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 10:57:37 PM »

Anybody who defends the cops = massive HP

Anybody who defends the looters = massive HP

Anybody who defends the non violent protestors = massive FF
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 11:12:59 PM »

Broken windows can be fixed and shelves restocked but the numerous black people who have died by the hands of police officers will never come back. At this point, who gives a crap? The Target will get fixed. When will innocent black people stop being killed though, that's the more pressing concern I reckon.

I mean, point taken I guess, but how do you know who owns these stores?  They could be people absolutely outraged by this tragedy and doing all they can to make a difference...

Respectfully, how many peaceful protests need to happen before the powers at be do something?

There have been hundreds of peaceful protests about police brutality yet black people keep getting killed. What are they supposed to do?
This?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 03:19:44 AM »

Yellow avatars care more about windows than black lives
If a police officer kills somebody in a racist wrong way 2 blocks over and a riot breaks out, that doesn't make it okay gor rioters to come to my business and break my windows and steal my property. I'll probably scare the rioters off with a weapon and would be justified in doing so.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 11:21:10 AM »

HOT TAKE UPCOMING:

The looters aren't wrong because they engage in looting/violence but because it serves no purpose/harms your own cause.
Looting isn't in any way moral or defendable. Not sure why you're defending it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 12:39:42 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now? I sure hope they don't break into your home, steal your belongings, sexually assault your wife/daughter and kill your dog. Too bad it would be wrong to defend yourself.

To be clear, I am VERY MUCH with these protestors on this unjustified killing. A destructive violent mob and protestors are two different things though. One understands right/wrong and processes logic and reason, the other does not.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 12:54:53 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now?

To be clear, I am VERY MUCH with these protestors on this unjustified killing. A destructive violent mob and protestors are two different things though. One understands right/wrong and processes logic and reason, the other does not.

This isn't Canada, fam.

"Peaceful" protests have failed time and time again. Is this the right answer? Almost certainly not but it isn't unreasonable for desperate times to call for desperate measures. People are already on their last legs due to the pandemic, it's the perfect storm.
When a mob evolves into a violent mob and then eventually into anarchy, there is literally no organization where the rioters can come together and accomplish anything constructive in the way that protestors could. The only thing anarchy can try and succeed to accomplish is... anarchy. Nothing that helps race relations or brings justice for this travesty can be accomplished by anarchy.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 01:05:04 AM »

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now?

This isn't Canada, fam.

"Peaceful" protests have failed time and time again. Is this the right answer? Almost certainly not but it isn't unreasonable for desperate times to call for desperate measures. People are already on their last legs due to the pandemic, it's the perfect storm.
When a mob evolves into a violent mob and then eventually into anarchy, there is literally no organization where the rioters can come together and accomplish anything constructive in the way that protestors could. The only thing anarchy can try and succeed to accomplish is... anarchy. Nothing that helps race relations or brings justice for this travesty can be accomplished by anarchy.
I understand that. Decrying certain behaviors doesn't create a solution, though. What is the fix, and when? This issue isn't going to go away without action.
I wish I had the answers.

I do know though - and this is PURELY hypoethetical - that if that angry mob had gone from precinct to precinct and destroyed every police behicle they saw (including parked helicopters) and burned down every police station in the entire city, that might have been a violent and destructive response that I could get maybe behind and it might have led to something good in the long run. What's happening right now is NOT that. It's literal anarchy with no rhyme or reason. Innocent people's homes, businesses, vehicles are being stolen / destroyed and apparently some innocent people are being harmed. I'm not sure you understand how DEEPLY f___ed up anarchy can become. I hope that the number of rapes and murders end up being minimal or zero by the end of this.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2020, 01:15:59 AM »

ok sauron

This isn't Canada, fam.

I understand that. Decrying certain behaviors doesn't create a solution, though. What is the fix, and when? This issue isn't going to go away without action.
I wish I had the answers.

I do know though - and this is PURELY hypoethetical - that if that angry mob had gone from precinct to precinct and destroyed every police behicle they saw (including parked helicopters) and burned down every police station in the entire city, that might have been a violent and destructive response that I could get maybe behind and it might have led to something good in the long run. What's happening right now is NOT that. It's literal anarchy with no rhyme or reason. Innocent people's homes, businesses, vehicles are being stolen / destroyed and apparently some innocent people are being harmed. I'm not sure you understand how DEEPLY f___ed up anarchy can become. I hope that the number of rapes and murders end up being minimal or zero by the end of this.

Starting a war with cops isn't a viable solution for anyone.
Okay, so hear me out here.

You're saying that there's a simmering rage slowly bubbling under the surface due to all of this injustice, and when injustuces like this happen, there is an unavoidable violent backlash of rage that will be expressed. Are we in agreement so far? Makes sense? Now let me ask you this. That violent rage backlash IS happening no matter what right? And nobody can stop it and it's unavoidable. SO, what's "better" / closer to justice / more moral and righteous? Direct that rage at the perpetrators of the injustice, OR let the destruction and violence eminate as chaos in every direction to the surrounding geography which includes innocent civilian property, homes and persons? Which is closer to justice / less immoral / more constructive?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 01:25:24 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 01:56:23 AM by Face Masks Prevent You From Speaking Moistly »

You're saying that there's a simmering rage slowly bubbling under the surface due to all of this injustice, and when injustuces like this happen, there is an unavoidable violent backlash of rage that will be expressed. Are we in agreement so far? Makes sense? Now let me ask you this. That violent rage backlash IS happening no matter what right? And nobody can stop it and it's unavoidable. SO, what's "better" / closer to justice / more moral and righteous? Direct that rage at the perpetrators of the injustice, OR let the destruction and violence eminate as chaos in every direction to the surrounding geography which includes innocent civilian property, homes and persons? Which is closer to justice / less immoral / more constructive?

Destroying police buildings and vehicles has a social cost as well and provides opportunity for hundreds of thousands of people to be even less safe. It's an all around terrible situation and next time it's going to be even worse than this.
*Police murder innocent black guy*

*Angry mob shows up on your street, torches your car, break your elderly white neighbour lady''s jaw, smash the front window of the nice couple that live across their street, steal their big screen TV and attempt to gang rape their 15 year olddaughter. Three or four other houses are burnt to the ground.*

You Some - "Welp, good thing they came here instead of taking their anger out on the immoral police department that wronged them and p___ed them off!"
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2020, 01:54:43 AM »

Destroying police buildings and vehicles has a social cost as well and provides opportunity for hundreds of thousands of people to be even less safe. It's an all around terrible situation and next time it's going to be even worse than this.
*Police murder innocent black guy*

*Angry mob shows up on your street, torches your car, break your elderly white neighbour lady''s jaw, smash the front window of the nice couple that live across their street, steal their big screen TV and attempt to gang rape their 15 year olddaughter. Three or four other houses are burnt to the ground.*

You - "Welp, good thing they came here instead of taking their anger out on the immoral police department that wronged them and p___ed them off!"

That's not me, wtf.

*insert letter from Birmingham here*
This post is going to sound snarky, but let me assure you that I'm just genuinely just trying to understand your position here.

So I went back and read all your posts and you are correct. You didn't actually say that what's happening now is the preferable outcome to the rioters focusing their energies on the policy instead of civilians, private property, businesses. Obviously, either outcome is really really bad. I'm sorry that I jumped the gun a bit there.

What is your position on this, if you don't mind me asking? If this horrible situation is/was truly unavoidable, what is the "less bad" version? Should the mob have devolved into anarchy (what actually happened) and caused violence and destruction all over the place, or should the mob have picked a target (police) that they had legitimate bones to pick with and targetted the guilty parties in an organized fashion, leaving totally innocent civilians out of it? Whi h scenario is "better", which is more morally justified and which is more contructive long term? Perhaps that's three different questions.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2020, 02:16:46 AM »

I'm not a mod, but can we PLEASE postpone the "people of color do/don't face daily discrimination" debate for another day? Please?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 02:25:01 AM »

I'm not a mod, but can we PLEASE postpone the "people of color do/don't face daily discrimination" debate for another day? Please?
When is the right time to talk about it, then?
Almost literally any other time when there aren't out of control massive racial justice riots going on, buildings burning and a few people dying.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2020, 02:33:18 AM »

The lesson was that LAPD deliberately excluded non-White areas from their protection. This is a complete societal failure and burying your heads in the sand like a god damned ostrich is not going to make anything better.
It's easier to be okay with things not getting better if you're white and living in white areas though. It makes sense that the majority of those willing to kick the can down the road to deal with later on are white. It won't affect them either way.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 02:38:28 AM »

When is the right time to talk about it, then?
Almost literally any other time when there aren't out of control massive racial justice riots going on, buildings burning and a few people dying.
This sounds a lot like conservatives saying we can't talk about gun control after a mass shooting
Maybe at least in a different thread? Is that too much to ask? It's a very sensitive time. I don't condone censirship but there's a time and a place and this particular thread at this particular time are not the time and place.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 02:44:28 AM »

I'm hoping things are mostly done for the night. A cold front came through recently and instead of the hot and humid we've had for most of the week, it's now about 57°, which isn't really all that chilly for Minnesotans, especially with fire all around, but it's enough of a cool down that I hope people are heading to bed.
58 degrees is t-shirt weather for Southern Ontario, and I'm assuming Minnesotans feel the same.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 03:16:29 AM »

I know a lot of you think Cenk Uygur is a HP, but this is a very good (and long) video discussing the riots tonight, Trump's disgusting tweet and of course the murder of George Floyd. I think a lot of red avatars would agree with him here and possibly think better of Cenk after having heard it.

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »

CNN headquarters has been stormed by protesters.
Good thing it wasn't Fox News. Dobbs, Pirro, Carlson or Ingram might have been harmed.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 07:00:20 PM »

Good thing it wasn't Fox News. Dobbs, Pirro, Carlson or Ingram might have been harmed.
Creepy post from a sinister poster.
Lol. I'm just saying, these rioters are ANGRY and those 4 have said hateful things about blacks whilst defending cops. It's not unreasonable to fear for their safety.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 07:04:58 PM »

Creepy post from a sinister poster.
Lol. I'm just saying, these rioters are ANGRY and those 4 have said hateful things about blacks whilst defending cops. It's not unreasonable to fear for their safety.
It seems as if you want that to happen, which doesn't surprise me.
You're entitled to imagine that.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2020, 06:13:02 AM »

Alright, let's kick the can down the road hypothetically. When do we actually level with this and demonstrate any sort of future? Lives and livelihoods are being lost. Im too young to have any direct memory of the Rodney King events, but I'm old enough to know that decades of non-action has gotten us nowhere.
I don't really know who will solve this or how, but I know that it's not going to be a Republican. Not without a complete party make-over.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2020, 06:16:48 AM »

Alright, let's kick the can down the road hypothetically. When do we actually level with this and demonstrate any sort of future? Lives and livelihoods are being lost. Im too young to have any direct memory of the Rodney King events, but I'm old enough to know that decades of non-action has gotten us nowhere.
I don't really know who will solve this or how, but I know that it's not going to be a Republican. Not without a complete party make-over.
We will either solve it or have it solved for us.
Honestly, I don't agree. I see it possibly going on for the next 50+ years. Obviously I'm hoping that's not the case.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies