Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:43:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 47278 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: May 29, 2020, 12:54:53 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now?

To be clear, I am VERY MUCH with these protestors on this unjustified killing. A destructive violent mob and protestors are two different things though. One understands right/wrong and processes logic and reason, the other does not.

This isn't Canada, fam.

"Peaceful" protests have failed time and time again. Is this the right answer? Almost certainly not but it isn't unreasonable for desperate times to call for desperate measures. People are already on their last legs due to the pandemic, it's the perfect storm.
When a mob evolves into a violent mob and then eventually into anarchy, there is literally no organization where the rioters can come together and accomplish anything constructive in the way that protestors could. The only thing anarchy can try and succeed to accomplish is... anarchy. Nothing that helps race relations or brings justice for this travesty can be accomplished by anarchy.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #301 on: May 29, 2020, 12:55:05 AM »

Yeah this is insane. George Floyd would be aghast to see this happening.

Keep his name and what he would feel out of your mouth, you don't know.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #302 on: May 29, 2020, 12:55:11 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now? I sure hope they don't break into your home, steal your belongings, sexually assault your wife/daughter and kill your dog. Too bad it would be wrong to defend yourself.

To be clear, I am VERY MUCH with these protestors on this unjustified killing. A destructive violent mob and protestors are two different things though. One understands right/wrong and processes logic and reason, the other does not.

Right, everyone should just say "I'm sorry" and sing kumbayah over some poutine. Police brutality solved 🙄

But seriously, this has been boiling over for years. Maybe it isn't right, but it's nothing compared to what police have inflicted on minorities for centuries. I don't condone it, but I get it.

This is how I feel.  They've tried everything and nothing has changed.  What are they supposed to do?  Peaceful protest?  Taking a knee was about the most respectful thing they could've done to protest police brutality, and they were mocked and vilified by the President and his ilk for it.  

AtorBoltox

« Reply #303 on: May 29, 2020, 12:56:05 AM »

If some users here were alive in the 70s they'd label the Soweto uprising 'unproductive'
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #304 on: May 29, 2020, 12:56:29 AM »

The Michigan protest while which you can disagree with politically was mostly peaceful.

Storming the capital with assault weapons is NOT peaceful.

Sorry bud, just because you don't like guns doesn't mean people carrying them are committing a violent act.
Storming a legislature with the express purpose of intimidating elected officials is domestic terrorism

No one "stormed" anything. Also they did so in an open carry state.
Nothing wrong was done, and unlike the scum rioting in Minnesota, they aren't causing harm to people and property.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #305 on: May 29, 2020, 12:56:34 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 01:00:22 AM by lfromnj »

Why don't you stop agitating for riots?
https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/george-floyd-s-girlfriend-riots-would-have-devastated-him
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #306 on: May 29, 2020, 12:56:57 AM »

I can do what I want. You can be horrified by the killing of George Floyd, and be against looting and arson.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #307 on: May 29, 2020, 12:57:11 AM »

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now? I sure hope they don't break into your home, steal your belongings, sexually assault your wife/daughter and kill your dog. Too bad it would be wrong to defend yourself.

Right, everyone should just say "I'm sorry" and sing kumbayah over some poutine. Police brutality solved 🙄

But seriously, this has been boiling over for years. Maybe it isn't right, but it's nothing compared to what police have inflicted on minorities for centuries. I don't condone it, but I get it.

This is how I feel.  They've tried everything and nothing has changed.  What are they supposed to do?  Peaceful protest?  Taking a knee was about the most respectful thing they could've done to protest police brutality, and they were mocked and vilified by the President and his ilk for it.  

Oh yes, Donald Trump will end police brutality and usher in a golden age of race relations.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #308 on: May 29, 2020, 12:57:57 AM »

No respectable person would support what is happening.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #309 on: May 29, 2020, 12:58:04 AM »

ok sauron
So... the angry anarchy mob can just do whatever they want and they can't be met with force? Defending your home, business and family members from pitchforks and torches makes you Sauron now?

This isn't Canada, fam.

"Peaceful" protests have failed time and time again. Is this the right answer? Almost certainly not but it isn't unreasonable for desperate times to call for desperate measures. People are already on their last legs due to the pandemic, it's the perfect storm.
When a mob evolves into a violent mob and then eventually into anarchy, there is literally no organization where the rioters can come together and accomplish anything constructive in the way that protestors could. The only thing anarchy can try and succeed to accomplish is... anarchy. Nothing that helps race relations or brings justice for this travesty can be accomplished by anarchy.
I understand that. Decrying certain behaviors doesn't create a solution, though. What is the fix, and when? This issue isn't going to go away without action.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #310 on: May 29, 2020, 12:59:02 AM »

The riots are a reaction to injustice. The proper way to end is to provide justice, not to tut tut and say 'can't everyone get along'
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #311 on: May 29, 2020, 01:00:11 AM »

I'm not sure you would make a good judge of who is or isn't a respectable person.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #312 on: May 29, 2020, 01:01:38 AM »

I'm not sure you would make a good judge of who is or isn't a respectable person.

Says the person who supports harming people and destroying property for no valid reason. 
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #313 on: May 29, 2020, 01:02:25 AM »

The people trying to articulate a case for or against the riot are missing the point. There is no argument for it. There is no argument against it. It is simply an expression of blind rage.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #314 on: May 29, 2020, 01:02:32 AM »

Says the person who supports harming people and destroying property for no valid reason. 

Hmm, I feel like that's incorrect. Perhaps there is a problem with your judgment?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #315 on: May 29, 2020, 01:02:33 AM »

If his most loved one doesn't want the riots then why should anyone else be out there rioting? She was the biggest victim of this murder
No one's voice is being unheard besides her right now.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #316 on: May 29, 2020, 01:05:01 AM »

If his most loved one doesn't want the riots then why should anyone else be out there rioting? She was the biggest victim of this murder
No one's voice is being unheard besides her right now.

Can you stop pretending that the protests/riots are in response to a singular incident?  This is the result of decades of injustice and inaction. 
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2020, 01:05:04 AM »

ok sauron

This isn't Canada, fam.

I understand that. Decrying certain behaviors doesn't create a solution, though. What is the fix, and when? This issue isn't going to go away without action.
I wish I had the answers.

I do know though - and this is PURELY hypoethetical - that if that angry mob had gone from precinct to precinct and destroyed every police behicle they saw (including parked helicopters) and burned down every police station in the entire city, that might have been a violent and destructive response that I could get maybe behind and it might have led to something good in the long run. What's happening right now is NOT that. It's literal anarchy with no rhyme or reason. Innocent people's homes, businesses, vehicles are being stolen / destroyed and apparently some innocent people are being harmed. I'm not sure you understand how DEEPLY f___ed up anarchy can become. I hope that the number of rapes and murders end up being minimal or zero by the end of this.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2020, 01:05:21 AM »

Um, hate to break it you but this issue is a lot bigger than one incident. Rodney King came out and spoke against the riots as well. When justice isn't served, we are all victims.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2020, 01:07:10 AM »

As a principled libertarian, I support the destruction of government property but not private property.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2020, 01:07:17 AM »

ok sauron

This isn't Canada, fam.

I wish I had the answers.

I do know though - and this is PURELY hypoethetical - that if that angry mob had gone from precinct to precinct and destroyed every police behicle they saw (including parked helicopters) and burned down every police station in the entire city, that might have been a violent and destructive response that I could get maybe behind and it might have led to something good in the long run. What's happening right now is NOT that. It's literal anarchy with no rhyme or reason. Innocent people's homes, businesses, vehicles are being stolen / destroyed and apparently some innocent people are being harmed. I'm not sure you understand how DEEPLY f___ed up anarchy can become. I hope that the number of rapes and murders end up being minimal or zero by the end of this.

Starting a war with cops isn't a viable solution for anyone.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2020, 01:09:06 AM »

I really hope no one dies tonight

From what I've heard it's already too late.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2020, 01:10:28 AM »

Good on Gov. Walz for calling up the national guard. It may be necessary to call up more than 500 guardsmen, though.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2020, 01:11:02 AM »

For anyone who can and will read.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2020, 01:12:40 AM »

OK, Twin Cities Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 43  
« previous next »