Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:33:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 46948 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: May 29, 2020, 02:24:25 AM »

This is the best part of the night for me so far:

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #351 on: May 29, 2020, 02:25:01 AM »

I'm not a mod, but can we PLEASE postpone the "people of color do/don't face daily discrimination" debate for another day? Please?
When is the right time to talk about it, then?
Almost literally any other time when there aren't out of control massive racial justice riots going on, buildings burning and a few people dying.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #352 on: May 29, 2020, 02:26:19 AM »

Woke Twitter
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #353 on: May 29, 2020, 02:28:15 AM »

I just want to get this off my chest. All you edgy libertarians idolizing Roof Koreans and all of you diseducated reactionaries who want to pretend like you aren't THE problem with America, we need not look any further than what happened in Central Park. An entitled white woman felt so comfortable weaponizing the police against an innocent black man who asked nothing more than for HER to follow the law. That's where our country is at. Say what you want about "roof Koreans", I can empathize with them and I'm not in the mood to make a moral judgment on their actions. However, the moral of the story is not that only you can defend yourself or whatever. The lesson was that LAPD deliberately excluded non-White areas from their protection. This is a complete societal failure and burying your heads in the sand like a god damned ostrich is not going to make anything better.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #354 on: May 29, 2020, 02:33:18 AM »

The lesson was that LAPD deliberately excluded non-White areas from their protection. This is a complete societal failure and burying your heads in the sand like a god damned ostrich is not going to make anything better.
It's easier to be okay with things not getting better if you're white and living in white areas though. It makes sense that the majority of those willing to kick the can down the road to deal with later on are white. It won't affect them either way.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #355 on: May 29, 2020, 02:35:15 AM »

AtorBoltox

« Reply #356 on: May 29, 2020, 02:35:59 AM »

I'm not a mod, but can we PLEASE postpone the "people of color do/don't face daily discrimination" debate for another day? Please?
Almost literally any other time when there aren't out of control massive racial justice riots going on, buildings burning and a few people dying.
This sounds a lot like conservatives saying we can't talk about gun control after a mass shooting
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #357 on: May 29, 2020, 02:36:36 AM »

The lesson was that LAPD deliberately excluded non-White areas from their protection. This is a complete societal failure and burying your heads in the sand like a god damned ostrich is not going to make anything better.
It's easier to be okay with things not getting better if you're white and living in white areas though. It makes sense that the majority of those willing to kick the can down the road to deal with later on are white. It won't affect them either way.

That's why I referenced Dr. King's Letter from Birmingham. It's also why I posted about race in the "biggest blind spot" thread. I understand it, but I want to try to help build some understanding of what it's like outside of that bubble.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: May 29, 2020, 02:36:47 AM »

Re: 4th precinct:

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #359 on: May 29, 2020, 02:38:28 AM »

This sounds a lot like conservatives saying we can't talk about gun control after a mass shooting
Maybe at least in a different thread? Is that too much to ask? It's a very sensitive time. I don't condone censirship but there's a time and a place and this particular thread at this particular time are not the time and place.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: May 29, 2020, 02:42:27 AM »

I'm hoping things are mostly done for the night. A cold front came through recently and instead of the hot and humid we've had for most of the week, it's now about 57°, which isn't really all that chilly for Minnesotans, especially with fire all around, but it's enough of a cool down that I hope people are heading to bed.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #361 on: May 29, 2020, 02:44:28 AM »

I'm hoping things are mostly done for the night. A cold front came through recently and instead of the hot and humid we've had for most of the week, it's now about 57°, which isn't really all that chilly for Minnesotans, especially with fire all around, but it's enough of a cool down that I hope people are heading to bed.
58 degrees is t-shirt weather for Southern Ontario, and I'm assuming Minnesotans feel the same.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #362 on: May 29, 2020, 03:16:29 AM »

I know a lot of you think Cenk Uygur is a HP, but this is a very good (and long) video discussing the riots tonight, Trump's disgusting tweet and of course the murder of George Floyd. I think a lot of red avatars would agree with him here and possibly think better of Cenk after having heard it.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #363 on: May 29, 2020, 03:27:02 AM »

I wonder when Trump will send a tweet threatening to mobilize the National Guard to shut down Twitter.   Huh
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #364 on: May 29, 2020, 03:38:22 AM »

I know a lot of you think Cenk Uygur is a HP, but this is a very good (and long) video discussing the riots tonight, Trump's disgusting tweet and of course the murder of George Floyd. I think a lot of red avatars would agree with him here and possibly think better of Cenk after having heard it.

I mean he makes good points, almost exactly what I've been saying, then at 3:30 he starts blaming Democrats and I shut it off. Cenk Uygur is an HP. He makes no attempts to reconcile or bring people together. He does divisiveness. We have real problems in this country and he'd rather re-hash a settled primary. Democrats aren't blameless, but when the current President is literally trying to invite violence, even being censored on Twitter, this is totally inappropriate and he can f right off.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #365 on: May 29, 2020, 03:56:01 AM »

I mean he makes good points, almost exactly what I've been saying, then at 3:30 he starts blaming Democrats and I shut it off. Cenk Uygur is an HP. He makes no attempts to reconcile or bring people together. He does divisiveness. We have real problems in this country and he'd rather re-hash a settled primary. Democrats aren't blameless, but when the current President is literally trying to invite violence, even being censored on Twitter, this is totally inappropriate and he can f right off.

I was almost warming slightly to Cenk based on his relatively pragmatic and reasonable Tweets in recent days basically telling off lefties who say they won't vote for Biden. But then he says stuff like this which, wittingly or not, gives the busters ammo to justify their refusal to vote for him. It's one step forward, two steps back every time with this guy.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #366 on: May 29, 2020, 03:58:45 AM »

Rumors again, this time about Columbus, OH's statehouse having been taken by protestors.

It's confirmed.

Welp... Flip another one of those infamous Lichtman keys against Trump's re-election prospects (civil unrest).

This has been one of the most discouraging, sobering, and distasteful presidential terms in the history of this country, to be rivaled by those already recognized as the absolute worst.

I don't know. The more white midwestern voters see this, there is always a chance they might pour out more for Donald Trump. It's the "law and order" thing.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #367 on: May 29, 2020, 04:16:59 AM »

He's claiming now that he misspoke.

And that what he meant was look at all evidence before filing charges including evidence that wouldn't support a charge. Not to imply there's exonerating evidence.

But that's ONE HELL OF AN AWFUL MISSPEAK.

Misspoken or not, people in authority HAVE to be careful with what they say (and how they say it) right now.  There's a big difference between:

A.  We have evidence to the contrary.  But we will take this seriously and do our due diligence. 

and B.  We may have evidence to the contrary, but we will take this seriously and do our due diligence.  

American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #368 on: May 29, 2020, 04:18:10 AM »

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #369 on: May 29, 2020, 05:08:54 AM »

Not the worst thing he's lost
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #370 on: May 29, 2020, 06:12:42 AM »

CNN team arrested live on air
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #371 on: May 29, 2020, 06:32:36 AM »

Looks like CNNs Omar Jimenez and his team, who were arrested earlier, have now been released
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #372 on: May 29, 2020, 06:33:21 AM »

When it rains it pours. Identified themselves as press, said if the policy wanted them to move to another area they would. Nope, arrested. They're trying to destroy their police department I guess.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #373 on: May 29, 2020, 07:20:50 AM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #374 on: May 29, 2020, 07:34:11 AM »

The arbitrary arrest of the CNN team was illegal and disgusting.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies