Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 02:54:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 43
Author Topic: Minneapolis cops slowly murder handcuffed man in front of crowd  (Read 47242 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2020, 11:58:30 PM »

They just burned the Minneapolis Police precinct.

Shoutouts to Mike Freeman for making this all possible
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2020, 11:58:37 PM »

When was the last race riot this bad or worse in this country? Do you have to go back to Rodney King? Crown Heights?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #252 on: May 28, 2020, 11:59:01 PM »

... is he publically calling for a massacre?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #253 on: May 29, 2020, 12:00:03 AM »

My solution

1. Fire any police officer who kills anyone, anyone, regardless of race, unarmed.

2. Charge the police officer to a maximum death penalty.

3. Prevent police unions from making political endorsements. POLICE WORK FOR ALL AMERICANS, NOT JUST RIGHT LEANING AMERICANS. ACT LIKE IT.

4. Police officers: DROP THE ATTITUDE DURING ENCOUNTERS. You work for the people. Don't have an attitude with a citizen and vice versa with a citizen and a cop.

5. ANY POLICE OFFICER WHO MAKES RACIST/HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS ON FACEBOOK OR OTHER ONLINE SOCIAL MEDIA SHOULD BE FIRED AND CONTAINED

6. DE-ESCALATION. USE FORCE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRANDISH GUN ON SUSPECT UNLESS NECESSARY

7. AMERICA NEEDS TO REALIZE THAT WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO WITH RACE. WE HAVE OVERCAME, BUT WE HAVE A FAR WAY TO GO

8. POLICE OFFICERS NEED TO REALIZE THEY ARE BAD APPLES AND ROOT IT OUT. KEEP YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS OUT OF MIND AT WORK.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #254 on: May 29, 2020, 12:00:12 AM »

... is he publically calling for a massacre?

Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #255 on: May 29, 2020, 12:00:37 AM »

Yes, Trump is calling for a massacre, and I hope Walz told him to **** off.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #256 on: May 29, 2020, 12:00:45 AM »

When was the last race riot this bad or worse in this country? Do you have to go back to Rodney King? Crown Heights?

This isn't a race riot.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #257 on: May 29, 2020, 12:01:14 AM »

My solution

1. Fire any police officer who kills anyone, anyone, regardless of race, unarmed.

3. Prevent police unions from making political endorsements. POLICE WORK FOR ALL AMERICANS, NOT JUST RIGHT LEANING AMERICANS. ACT LIKE IT.

4. Police officers: DROP THE ATTITUDE DURING ENCOUNTERS. You work for the people. Don't have an attitude with a citizen and vice versa with a citizen and a cop.

5. ANY POLICE OFFICER WHO MAKES RACIST/HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS ON FACEBOOK OR OTHER ONLINE SOCIAL MEDIA SHOULD BE FIRED AND CONTAINED

6. DE-ESCALATION. USE FORCE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BRANDISH GUN ON SUSPECT UNLESS NECESSARY

7. AMERICA NEEDS TO REALIZE THAT WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO WITH RACE. WE HAVE OVERCAME, BUT WE HAVE A FAR WAY TO GO

8. POLICE OFFICERS NEED TO REALIZE THEY ARE BAD APPLES AND ROOT IT OUT. KEEP YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS OUT OF MIND AT WORK.

Woke Bronz. What a world we live in.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #258 on: May 29, 2020, 12:02:35 AM »

Looks like the undercover cop story is gaining some traction.
I wouldn’t doubt that there is some agent saboteurs among the crowd
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #259 on: May 29, 2020, 12:03:23 AM »

Looks like the undercover cop story is gaining some traction.
I wouldn’t doubt that there is some agent saboteurs among the crowd
I am talking about the specific cop story in the gear, don't want to post it yet because it has names and isn't confirmed.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: May 29, 2020, 12:04:36 AM »

This is one of the few riots based on a police shooting that I can think of that is relatively integrated.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #261 on: May 29, 2020, 12:04:52 AM »

My solution

Woke Bronz. What a world we live in.

I have been calling for solutions for years, I just don't like it when people demonize all cops or whatever, it creates the Tomi Lahrens of the world, etc.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #262 on: May 29, 2020, 12:05:23 AM »

I am surprised that Tomi Lahren, Harry Houck, Jeff Roorda and David Clarke did not speak out yet?

Where's Clarke?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #263 on: May 29, 2020, 12:06:45 AM »

This is one of the few riots based on a police shooting that I can think of that is relatively integrated.

Which is a big reason why I think, in the long run, this one will do a lot more good than Ferguson, for example.
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #264 on: May 29, 2020, 12:07:12 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #265 on: May 29, 2020, 12:07:50 AM »

Force needs to be applied to curb the actions of the criminals that are looting and destroying businesses, how much economic damage is being inflicted upon normal business owners as a result of these riots. As for the issue of Floyd, it's clear the police attracts some sadists and when you have hundreds of thousands of police officers, you will get a few sadists who enjoy causing pain and killing people, its unfortunate but inevitable, the only solution is a trial for the police officer who was involved with killing Floyd.

ok sauron
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #266 on: May 29, 2020, 12:10:02 AM »

Idiot president gonna idiot.  I sincerely hope nobody gets shot tonight.  This is awful.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #267 on: May 29, 2020, 12:14:27 AM »

Interesting way for Trump to frame it on literally the same week we're supposed to be standing up for HONG KONG. Trump may be tough with China, but he's simpatico with the CPC on ideology. And wanting to shut down Twitter too. The Democrats should OWN the China issue. They're the only ones who oppose the CPC's actual IDEOLOGY. Trump's Minneapolis tweet shows his only problem with them is that he isn't as powerful.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #268 on: May 29, 2020, 12:19:10 AM »

Heating rumors that live ammunition is/was being used in the Louisville protest and there may be injuries there. Things seem fairly quiet in Minneapolis, though tons of fires still burning.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #269 on: May 29, 2020, 12:20:05 AM »

Heating rumors that live ammunition is/was being used in the Louisville protest and there may be injuries there. Things seem fairly quiet in Minneapolis, though tons of fires still burning.
I'm hearing that rioters have entered an apartment building in Uptown.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #270 on: May 29, 2020, 12:23:14 AM »

Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #271 on: May 29, 2020, 12:23:35 AM »

That’s disappointing.

What's "disappointing" about it?
They need to restore order, and not have fires everywhere.
I mean, it's disappointing they have to do it, but it's a necessity before nightfall (is this what you mean?)

I am so glad to see people fighting back against the pigs and the public is generally supportive of it. The police in this country need to be sent a message that we’re not going to tolerate them killing people and occupying our neighborhoods with a military force. They also need to be told where they can shove their traffic tickets as well.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #272 on: May 29, 2020, 12:25:27 AM »

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2020, 12:28:38 AM »

WTF is going on.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #274 on: May 29, 2020, 12:31:15 AM »

Humvees arriving in city, if not already mentioned. Can't believe cops are being so cowardly. Trump's response to this makes me genuinely like him for once -- "When the looting starts, the shooting starts" is exactly the kind of message we should be sending out, even if he's not (as the President, when this is really more of a state issue under the Constitution) the right messenger.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies