Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:06:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 347801 times)
Spectator
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2275 on: October 28, 2021, 07:26:34 PM »

The fact that the democrats in Virginia don’t want parents involved in their kid’s education is horrifying and I hope the voters of Virginia punish them for it

This is just such a bizarre talking point. How do you even dignify crap like this with an argument?

The reason it’s a crap argument is because Virginia Democrats deserve to get punished by their voters for handing over the keys of the redistricting power to the Republicans. What could have been an 8-3 Democratic map is probably going to be a 6-5 R map next year.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2276 on: October 28, 2021, 07:27:16 PM »

The fact that the democrats in Virginia don’t want parents involved in their kid’s education is horrifying and I hope the voters of Virginia punish them for it

This is just such a bizarre talking point. How do you even dignify crap like this with an argument?

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2277 on: October 28, 2021, 07:27:47 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2278 on: October 28, 2021, 07:28:28 PM »

The reason it’s a crap argument is because Virginia Democrats deserve to get punished by their voters for handing over the keys of the redistricting power to the Republicans. What could have been an 8-3 Democratic map is probably going to be a 6-5 R map next year.
That...is a completely separate issue lmao
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #2279 on: October 28, 2021, 07:30:23 PM »

Congrats, you shared a tweet from a GOP US Senate candidate for Pennsylvania where she posts an image of an an astroturfed sign. Very convincing.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2280 on: October 28, 2021, 07:33:16 PM »

These are not official McAuliffe campaign signs, or Youngkin campaign signs either.  (Clue: in Virginia, it’s actually illegal for a candidate to make a yard sign without a disclosure saying who paid for it.)  It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that a Republican source is behind these signs, in order to dupe the credulous.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/keep-parents-out-of-classrooms-signs-not-made-by-terry-mcauliffe-or-glenn-youngkin-campaigns/65-a662fafc-fdc4-4424-82f1-bc12bf24dce8

https://www.restonnow.com/2021/10/28/possible-fake-campaign-sign-spotted-in-herndon/
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2281 on: October 28, 2021, 07:33:23 PM »

Congrats, you shared a tweet from a GOP US Senate candidate for Pennsylvania where she posts an image of an an astroturfed sign. Very convincing.

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2282 on: October 28, 2021, 07:35:03 PM »

If parents want to control school boards and not voters at large, then only parents should pay for schools.  It's pathetic that the GOP thinks they can make this an issue. 
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2283 on: October 28, 2021, 07:38:00 PM »

That has to be a fake.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2284 on: October 28, 2021, 07:42:51 PM »

That has to be a fake.

The signs are real, but the source is unknown.  See the links I posted a few replies above.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2285 on: October 28, 2021, 07:44:02 PM »

There’s a world of difference between parents being involved and letting them call all the shots and believing that they know better than teachers.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #2286 on: October 28, 2021, 07:45:08 PM »

And then you share a video from the campaign pushing this talking point, which include a dodged question, conveniently cut soundbites, or things that sound completely correct anyway ("don't want 25 parents deciding what schools teach"). Give context to what he's saying, and it's clear that he's talking about the kind of insane parents who will come to school board meetings and complain about CRT/gays/whatever issue because right-wing media was talking about it.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2287 on: October 28, 2021, 07:45:14 PM »

BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2288 on: October 28, 2021, 07:49:06 PM »

The McAwful campaign is trash
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2289 on: October 28, 2021, 07:49:08 PM »

There’s a world of difference between parents being involved and letting them call all the shots and believing that they know better than teachers.

Exactly.  Parents being personally involved in their children's education is great.  Parents giving input to school boards and professional educators is great.  Parents overruling those professionals and defining the curriculum is a terrible idea.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2290 on: October 28, 2021, 07:50:25 PM »

Exactly.  Parents being personally involved in their children's education is great.  Parents giving input to school boards and professional educators is great.  Parents overruling those professionals and defining the curriculum is a terrible idea.

Maybe if it comes to Math and Hard Science cause those things are 100% factual but not when it comes to social studies.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2291 on: October 28, 2021, 07:50:37 PM »

As we prepare for the inevitable Gov. Glenn Youngkin, share memories of Democratic Party achievements in the state before they are repealed in one fell swoop.

Thanks for nothing, Jayapal

Just preserving this post so it cannot be deleted after Nov. 2.

I'll make u a bet.

If McAuliffe wins I will slither away from Atlas back to my hole until 2023.

If Youngkin wins you stay off Atlas until 2022.

Deal?

preserving this here so it cannot be deleted in the other VA thread by deleting the entire thread.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #2292 on: October 28, 2021, 07:50:40 PM »

Turns out that McAuliffe's gaffe about the parents is truly coming back to haunt him. I hope Youngkin wins and proves us all wrong. I'll still wait on the Q poll to change my prediction/rating though.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2293 on: October 28, 2021, 07:51:37 PM »

The McAwful campaign is trash

you're sounding really desperate.  if you care this much about a Gov. race in a state you don't live in, maybe it's time to take a break?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2294 on: October 28, 2021, 07:52:06 PM »

Maybe if it comes to Math and Hard Science cause those things are 100% factual but not when it comes to social studies.

That’s why we have school board elections?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2295 on: October 28, 2021, 07:52:42 PM »

Why? Social studies teachers have to have at least some level of expertise in their field to be endorsed in the subject, as is the case with any subject.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2296 on: October 28, 2021, 07:53:12 PM »

Well...
A poll released on Tuesday by Suffolk University asked if parents or school boards should "have more of an influence on a school's curriculum?" It found 50% of overall respondents and 57% of independents said parents should have more of an influence.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2297 on: October 28, 2021, 07:54:36 PM »

Why? Social studies teachers have to have at least some level of expertise in their field to be endorsed in the subject, as is the case with any subject.

cause Social Studies is the subject that can be potentially used for propaganda. Things like the 1619 project and making our founding to be evil should not be taught in public schools
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2298 on: October 28, 2021, 07:54:40 PM »

parents can vote for school boards and other officials just like everyone else, that's how democracies work.

parents cannot storm school board meetings and act like terrorists.  that's how the modern GOP wants society to function (see Charlottesville and Jan. 6th insurrection for more) but is not how it does.  

Spectator
United States

« Reply #2299 on: October 28, 2021, 07:56:43 PM »

Well...
A poll released on Tuesday by Suffolk University asked if parents or school boards should "have more of an influence on a school's curriculum?" It found 50% of overall respondents and 57% of independents said parents should have more of an influence.

I don’t need another psycho bitch Karen telling me my kids can’t be read Harry Potter in school “since it’s anti-God”. That happened to me when growing up.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies