Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 12:07:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 351478 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3425 on: November 02, 2021, 10:47:10 AM »

I have very little interest in any one side winning, as I'm just observer, but it strikes me as very bizarre to declare quasi-victory at 10:30 before any vote counts are revealed. Why set yourself up for such potential failure?

who declared victory?

Many, many people on both sides are stopping one step short of declaring victory, but they might as well be.

are you referring to people in this thread or the campaign operatives?

Both
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3426 on: November 02, 2021, 10:47:21 AM »

Bruh... If this is true... I wish

Source: Someones A**

Twitter bio:

Conservative Christian. Love @BeccaRyun. Dad of 4. Jayhawk. CEO @AM_National, @VoterGravity
. @theamgreatness Senior Fellow.
I think that's someone we could call a...non-swing voter. Tongue
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3427 on: November 02, 2021, 10:47:33 AM »

It feels like there's a bandwagon effect on saying Youngkin is favored.

Republican-leaning pollsters release a disproportionate of the polls in the final two weeks, average starts to favor Youngkin, Crystal Ball moves to Lean R because they didn't want to do a tossup, other prediction groups follow suit. Beltway types wet themselves at the prospect of a truly competitive race in their backyard and entertain every inkling of Dems being in disarray in a Biden +10 state.
Youngkin would need to overperform with usually straight ticket Democrats even with poor minority turnout and good R-leaning election day turnout. I just don't see it in the numbers or feel it in my gut. It'll be closer then 2017 but not under <2%.

Well one thing is clear to me so far

That fox news poll showing a 8 point win for Glenn Youngkin probably isn't happening and if anything, I'm kind of surprised that the Republican turnout so far has not been as high as I was expecting it to be.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3428 on: November 02, 2021, 10:48:01 AM »

Sounds like a turnout surge in Republican areas.

Again, he could be right, he could be wrong. But his prognostications were a mess on election day 2017.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3429 on: November 02, 2021, 10:48:20 AM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3430 on: November 02, 2021, 10:48:43 AM »

It feels like there's a bandwagon effect on saying Youngkin is favored.

Republican-leaning pollsters release a disproportionate of the polls in the final two weeks, average starts to favor Youngkin, Crystal Ball moves to Lean R because they didn't want to do a tossup, other prediction groups follow suit. Beltway types wet themselves at the prospect of a truly competitive race in their backyard and entertain every inkling of Dems being in disarray in a Biden +10 state.
Youngkin would need to overperform with usually straight ticket Democrats even with poor minority turnout and good R-leaning election day turnout. I just don't see it in the numbers or feel it in my gut. It'll be closer then 2017 but not under <2%.

Well one thing is clear to me so far

That fox news poll showing a 8 point win for Glenn Youngkin probably isn't happening and if anything, I'm kind of surprised that the Republican turnout so far has not been as high as I was expecting it to be.

It’s a possible result if a number of Biden voters switched/reverted to R. I’m not saying I believe it will happen, but it’s what I’m steeling myself for.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3431 on: November 02, 2021, 10:48:44 AM »

Again, he could be right, he could be wrong. But his prognostications were a mess on election day 2017.
What precisely did he predict?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3432 on: November 02, 2021, 10:48:48 AM »

Early turnout reports are fantastic and accurate when they support my narrative/what I want to happen, and completely anecdotal and not trustworthy when they don't.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3433 on: November 02, 2021, 10:51:07 AM »

I would really like to see a turnout report from some of the bigger rural counties. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3434 on: November 02, 2021, 10:52:07 AM »

Bruh... If this is true... I wish

This seems unlikely as well-

Early modeled vote was 603K D, 352K R, 183K I.

Even if you gave Youngkin a +20% lead on those 183K Is, assuming both Ds and Rs mainly vote their party, you still get a +20% lead for Ds (676K vs. 462K out of 1.14M)
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3435 on: November 02, 2021, 10:52:36 AM »

Early turnout reports are fantastic and accurate when they support my narrative/what I want to happen, and completely anecdotal and not trustworthy when they don't.

*How to define NSV in one sentence
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3436 on: November 02, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »

What I remember from 2017 was that he was saying turnout was looking great for Ds in the morning, and then by midday he was dooming say turnout was terrible for Ds. Then by afternoon it was magically better for Ds. It was all over the place.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3437 on: November 02, 2021, 10:53:52 AM »

Hmm. Seems like early voting and voting reports coming in so far might be indicating a slight McAuliffe win. It's still way too early to tell as to who will ultimately come out on top, But I think the early voting and turnout reports coming in are pointing to a narrow McAuliffe victory at the moment.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3438 on: November 02, 2021, 10:53:57 AM »

I would really like to see a turnout report from some of the bigger rural counties. 

yeah, there's been virtually no anecdotal turnout reports from any of the SW, rural or Trumpy counties
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #3439 on: November 02, 2021, 10:54:03 AM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3440 on: November 02, 2021, 10:54:09 AM »

Looks like a lot of mail in ballots have trickled in per VPAP's update numbers.  Now only 90,000 outstanding/unaccounted for.  Number was 108,000 yesterday.  These 90,000 could theoretically trickle in today and over the next 3 days.  They will skew very heavily Dem so it's important to keep an eye on.

Total early turnout now over 1,161,000.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3441 on: November 02, 2021, 10:54:52 AM »

Hmm. Seems like early voting might be indicating a slight McAuliffe win. It's still way too early to tell as to who will ultimately come out on top, But I think the early voting reports coming in are pointing to a narrow McAuliffe victory.

Interesting.  You are more fair minded than most on this forum, why do you think it's pointing that way?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3442 on: November 02, 2021, 10:55:27 AM »

What I remember from 2017 was that he was saying turnout was looking great for Ds in the morning, and then by midday he was dooming say turnout was terrible for Ds. Then by afternoon it was magically better for Ds. It was all over the place.

What's his Atlas moniker?
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3443 on: November 02, 2021, 10:55:43 AM »

Can you quote me? Exactly where have I discredited information or proclaimed Youngkin's victory?
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3444 on: November 02, 2021, 10:57:52 AM »

Hmm. Seems like early voting might be indicating a slight McAuliffe win. It's still way too early to tell as to who will ultimately come out on top, But I think the early voting reports coming in are pointing to a narrow McAuliffe victory.

Interesting.  You are more fair minded than most on this forum, why do you think it's pointing that way?

Turnout seems to be going steadily for McAuliffe in NOVA. Same with the downstate areas but I don't know if I can say the turnout reports we're getting so far indicate a Youngkin victory. A Youngkin victory is certainly possible, but I think the race is leaning slightly for McAuliffe based on turnout reports so far but I also concede I could very well be wrong.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3445 on: November 02, 2021, 10:58:23 AM »

Limoliberal posting that guy is giving me 2017 flashbacks
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3446 on: November 02, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »

Limoliberal posting that guy is giving me 2017 flashbacks

Aw, I miss King Lear. LOL.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3447 on: November 02, 2021, 11:00:45 AM »

Yeah, that's, as you said, a mess.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3448 on: November 02, 2021, 11:02:34 AM »

I think I'm going to finalize my prediction as a McAuliffe+2. I could be right on the money or off by several points in either direction. I could be off by several points in either direction but that's okay.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3449 on: November 02, 2021, 11:03:40 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies