Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:47:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149909 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: November 10, 2018, 11:25:10 PM »

I'm officially moving in a few weeks.  Since this is Atlas, I will share my new representatives:

Old:
US House: Jim Cooper (D)
TN House: Jason Powell (D) (re-elected 64-36 in 2018)
TN Senate: Steve Dickerson (R) (re-elected 56-44 in 2016, I kind of worry about what might have happened had it been up in 2018)

New:
US House: Mark Green (R) (well, Marsha Blackburn technically until January)
TN House: Majority Leader Glen Casada (R) (re-elected 68-32 in 2018)- probably the favorite to become Speaker in 1/2019 as Speaker Harwell retired
TN Senate: Jack Johnson (R) (re-elected 67-33 in 2018)

Election Results (2018 precinct results not yet available, so I will provide the primary results even though they were too favorable to Republicans statewide due to having a more competitive race):

Old:
2018 Primaries: 61% Democrat (GOP Primary was 42% Lee)
2016: 56-35 Clinton (although I was pretty much right on the border with an alternate precinct that was 52-48 Trump in the 2-party vote)
2012: 53-46 Obama (Romney easily cleared 60% in the neighboring district)

New:
2018 Primaries: 71% Republican (GOP Primary was 47% Lee)
2016: 62-32 Trump
2012: 74-25 Romney
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 10:30:52 PM »

I am moving in just a few days now
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:53:58 PM »

I'm moving tomorrow- I'm almost kind of packed.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 07:17:44 PM »

Haven't done as much international travel as I would have liked the past few years, so I booked a trip to Argentina and Brazil for this April.  Looking forward to seeing somewhere new!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 12:34:30 AM »

I decided to poll my Facebook feed (largely the same vein of movement conservatism that I am) on a hypothetical Romney vs. Trump 2020 primary, and it is a nail-biter right now!  Trump currently leads 51% to 49%, and it's going back and forth.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 01:09:37 AM »

I decided to poll my Facebook feed (largely the same vein of movement conservatism that I am) on a hypothetical Romney vs. Trump 2020 primary, and it is a nail-biter right now!  Trump currently leads 51% to 49%, and it's going back and forth.

damn how many friends you got on fb?

I once did a poll on facebook asking whether the ceiling or the sky was what's up, the results were interesting, all my friends who voted for "the ceiling" were male and all my friends who voted for "the sky" were female. lmao

Probably about 1000 friends or so, but this is out of 76 voters.  Trump led 39 to 37 when I posted this.  A slight gender gap with women going 55% Romney and men going 54% Trump (more men than women have voted).

Will provide the final numbers tomorrow night.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 12:47:39 AM »

I decided to poll my Facebook feed (largely the same vein of movement conservatism that I am) on a hypothetical Romney vs. Trump 2020 primary, and it is a nail-biter right now!  Trump currently leads 51% to 49%, and it's going back and forth.

damn how many friends you got on fb?

I once did a poll on facebook asking whether the ceiling or the sky was what's up, the results were interesting, all my friends who voted for "the ceiling" were male and all my friends who voted for "the sky" were female. lmao

Probably about 1000 friends or so, but this is out of 76 voters.  Trump led 39 to 37 when I posted this.  A slight gender gap with women going 55% Romney and men going 54% Trump (more men than women have voted).

Will provide the final numbers tomorrow night.

Barring any late movement, it looks like Trump has this vote.  He has 52.6% of the 95 votes cast in my informal poll.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 12:23:03 AM »

It just occurred to me that there was an election between Mike Pence and Rupert from Survivor (and some Democrat too), and I don't know why, but I can't stop laughing at that image.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 10:30:38 AM »

It's not my best pic of a lunar eclipse, but I didn't feel like more set up at 3o to get a longer shot (with a sharper image) of last night's eclipse.

It was so cloudy when I went outside at about 11 CT that I couldn't see anything.  I heard it may have cleared a bit right around the end of totality, but I didn't get to see it.  Oh well, I saw the total solar eclipse without obstruction in 2017.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 11:20:43 PM »

When you have a 6-point lead on your home floor against your arch-rival (who happens to be ranked #1) with a minute to go and (with the assistance of the referees) find a way to blow the game, it is such a terrible feeling
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 10:11:14 PM »

First time I'm not at CPAC in years this year.  I'm going on a big vacation in April, so I didn't feel I had the PTO days to use so soon in the year.  When I see others' pictures there, I do miss it so much!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 10:23:40 PM »

My sister has an addiction to Xanax, so now she's in rehab. Really shook me and my family up because we had no idea this was happening. Given the circumstances, I know people will be joyful that people I care about are suffering and I've gone through a sh1tload in the past 24 hours, but just need that off my chest.

My dad has been addicted to xanax for years and there are times where it is really tough.  I'll pray for your family.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 09:07:39 PM »

Leaving for Argentina on Saturday!  Also going to Brazil and maybe to Uruguay as well!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »

Leaving for Argentina on Saturday!  Also going to Brazil and maybe to Uruguay as well!

Leaving for the airport in four and a half hours!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 01:02:45 AM »

Saw my first in-person no-hitter tonight, courtesy of Kumar Rocker!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 11:35:14 PM »

ANCHOR DOWN!!!!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 11:47:12 PM »

Nah, it's the Vandy sports saying (because Vandy baseball won the national championship last night)!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »

I'm feeling so politically disenfranchised:

Donald Trump's recent comments and actions have been inexcusable. As a Republican, it really disappoints me that he is what people think our party is. Populism, nationalism, and the like should have no place in the Republican Party. I vote Republican because I am a social conservative (meaning stuff like pro-life and pro-faith in society), but this direction of Trumpism has made me feel so disenfranchised. I will be voting against Donald Trump in the 2020 primaries unless he decides to be a strong Christian leader in everything he does, even if that means casting a write-in vote (since I'm not voting for pro-choice Bill Weld either).

I try to come to all of my beliefs based on my faith in Christ and nothing else. While the Republican Party is closer to supporting Christian positions on most issues, this party could not be more wrong when it comes to immigration and nativism. It pains me to see how far downhill the Republican Party has gone in just three years- how did only four Republicans vote to condemn obviously racist comments as racist? Really, our whole political discourse has fallen so far. I'm so over politics, except for the fight for the right to life and religious liberty. That's all that keeps me invested politically. Only God can turn this nation around, but this society (even on the political right) seems to be turning more and more away from Him every day. Pray for America!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 09:13:09 PM »

I'm feeling so politically disenfranchised:

Donald Trump's recent comments and actions have been inexcusable. As a Republican, it really disappoints me that he is what people think our party is. Populism, nationalism, and the like should have no place in the Republican Party. I vote Republican because I am a social conservative (meaning stuff like pro-life and pro-faith in society), but this direction of Trumpism has made me feel so disenfranchised. I will be voting against Donald Trump in the 2020 primaries unless he decides to be a strong Christian leader in everything he does, even if that means casting a write-in vote (since I'm not voting for pro-choice Bill Weld either).

I try to come to all of my beliefs based on my faith in Christ and nothing else. While the Republican Party is closer to supporting Christian positions on most issues, this party could not be more wrong when it comes to immigration and nativism. It pains me to see how far downhill the Republican Party has gone in just three years- how did only four Republicans vote to condemn obviously racist comments as racist? Really, our whole political discourse has fallen so far. I'm so over politics, except for the fight for the right to life and religious liberty. That's all that keeps me invested politically. Only God can turn this nation around, but this society (even on the political right) seems to be turning more and more away from Him every day. Pray for America!

Vote for OUR GREAT PRESIDENT, Donald J. Trump, on November 3, 2020. Tennessee is safe GOP but we gotta have his popular vote margin as high as possible.

BTW Trump ain't racist and keep in mind that your personal stances are more unpopular than what he said (not an insult, my personal stances are more unpopular as well)

I haven't said who I will vote for in the general election because I don't know for certain.  All I know is that it won't be anyone pro-choice and that I will pray heavily about whether to vote for Trump or write-in/third-party.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 08:05:11 PM »

I met Marco Rubio tonight
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 01:37:06 PM »

It was actually at a fundraiser for my local State Senator.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »

Yeah, and I think the 5'10" he claims to be is overstated because I was probably 10 inches taller than him and I'm not 6'8".
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 11:21:00 PM »

Can someone explain the Grand Mufti forum meme?  I missed whatever started it and now I just feel so confused when it comes up.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2019, 06:55:26 PM »

I've gotten myself into a tough situation from the opposite place I usually am:

So, last week, I decided to give a try to the new Facebook Dating feature.  On Sunday, I matched with this girl, and we started to text.  On paper, it seems like a really good fit- she seems like a very strong Christian, she has some similar interests, we have talked over text about all of the moral issues, etc.  But, tonight is the night that we are supposed to get dinner, and I'm just feeling like I'm not interested at all.

Part of it is something that I probably overlooked at first.  She's 20 and I'm 23; I didn't view that as a big deal at first, but, the more I think about it, she is a sophomore in college and I've been out of college for a year and a half.  We are just at completely different stages in our lives.  When I text with her, I'm starting to feel that majorly for some reason.  But, I think there is something else at play here too- every night, I go to bed thinking about a girl from my church, not this girl I'm supposed to get dinner with.  The problem is that I know that my friend from church (who is still a very good friend) isn't interested because I asked her in July.  So, I feel like I have to move on, but, when I try, I can only think of her.

The other side of this is that it's not that often that I get dates, so now that I have a girl who seems like a very sweet and nice person interested in going out with me, part of me feels like I would be making a big mistake by turning it down.  Regardless, it's too close to the date to cancel without being a total jerk, so maybe it will go better than I expect it to.  I've never met her, so maybe I am underselling her based solely on texts.

I want a wife and kids so badly, and every other time I have gone out to eat with a girl even when it wasn't explicitly a date, I was so excited, but I just feel nothing this time.  And, I fear, that, as much as I want to make excuses of why she isn't the perfect girl, the real reason is that I have such strong feelings for a girl from my church that I know I can't date.

If you are of the sort, please say a prayer for me!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2019, 09:13:34 AM by Grand Mufti of NY »

I want a wife and kids so badly, and every other time I have gone out to eat with a girl even when it wasn't explicitly a date, I was so excited, but I just feel nothing this time.

Is that really necessary?  I don't fit that belief set at all.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies