Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:48:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 148931 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: April 04, 2019, 08:33:05 AM »

Haha what's with all these people radically swinging parties and ideologies so often, I have been almost the same ever since the start for me.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #651 on: April 04, 2019, 02:16:17 PM »

To be honest, right now, for the first time in forever, I truly think that I might be alright. That maybe my life isn't screwed. That I might have a future. I might be happy one day.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #652 on: April 04, 2019, 06:43:23 PM »

Donated to Tulsi Gabbard to help her get into the debates. One of the few Democrats with sane views on foreign policy.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #653 on: April 04, 2019, 08:55:55 PM »

https://youtu.be/gE42cZw34OI
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #654 on: April 04, 2019, 09:07:39 PM »

Leaving for Argentina on Saturday!  Also going to Brazil and maybe to Uruguay as well!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #655 on: April 05, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »

Made the mistake of taking out my earplug just as I was hearing someone call me a "he". I crave death.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #656 on: April 05, 2019, 12:53:36 PM »

CEO stopped by my office on my last day of work to wish me well. Still pretty surreal to get the job I’ve been after for two years. Hoping this isn’t a prank or a misinterpretation.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #657 on: April 05, 2019, 04:33:08 PM »

Walked out of my current job for, presumably, the last time.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #658 on: April 06, 2019, 01:26:00 AM »

My grandmother just passed away. We knew it would happen eventually, since her health has been deteriorating rapidly lately, but I'm still in complete shock. I was really close to her, and this is really hard to process for me right now.

Sorry to hear that.     It's tough to lose someone like that though you can appreciate that you were able to have a close relationship with her.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #659 on: April 06, 2019, 08:37:54 AM »

My grandmother just passed away. We knew it would happen eventually, since her health has been deteriorating rapidly lately, but I'm still in complete shock. I was really close to her, and this is really hard to process for me right now.
I went through this in October. I was also close with my grandma, who’d be 77 tomorrow. I have never missed someone like this, and it really does leave a big hole in life. I’m so sorry for your loss Sad
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #660 on: April 06, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »

Leaving for Argentina on Saturday!  Also going to Brazil and maybe to Uruguay as well!

Leaving for the airport in four and a half hours!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #661 on: April 06, 2019, 08:22:51 PM »

brah I passed out in the Walmart parking lot and now I think maybe it was aliens trying to abduct me.

My fiancee tried to say it's bcuz I haven't been eating or sleeping but you know she also doesn't believe the walmart alien theory so who knows.

either way it was scary af. I was walking up to the doors and next thing I knew I was on my back looking up at my fiancee and our roommate.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #662 on: April 07, 2019, 08:45:10 PM »

I'm spending a week in ME. As part of my travels around the state, I had brunch with Kevinstat. The brunch took an unusually long time to serve, but the conversation was fine. For those who don't know Kevinstat, he's a poster who dates to the old Forum before 2003.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #663 on: April 08, 2019, 04:28:22 PM »

Start a new job and U Oregon finally decides to let me in. Would’a been nice to hear back sooner, bro. The pay crap anyway.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #664 on: April 10, 2019, 12:59:26 AM »

Last year I started thinking seriously (again) about pursuing grad school in psychology or a related field.  So this Spring I began taking classes at ODU to get some more psych credits.  It's been harder though than when I was last taking classes a decade or more ago in terms of focus and time management. Hopefully I can sort of get the hang of it again.  But academic work has always given me plenty of anxiety. Somehow I managed to get a BA from a prestigious college in less than 5 years, though I had some emotional breakdowns along the way, looking back I don't know how I did it.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #665 on: April 10, 2019, 04:11:59 PM »

I found a job. A real one, with good entry-level pay, and not another f-ing internship.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #666 on: April 10, 2019, 08:24:13 PM »

Missed my flight, so I'm stuck in Austin overnight.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #667 on: April 13, 2019, 10:26:30 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2019, 11:20:47 PM by Let Dogs Survive »

Just got back from a long day over in the city/Marin County with retromike and Rfayette....I also remembered why I simple refuse to drive on the rare occasions I'm over there.

Y'know what, they were good dudes...even that Republican one whom I had a bit of a schadenfreude moment over when he mentioned working on Jeff Denham's doomed campaign, or that Goldwaterite [by which I do not mean an acolyte of US Senator Barry Goldwater, but rather an acolyte of Atlas Poster Goldwater and rather bizarre taste in weather choices] ocean hater that seems to be confused for creepy...whatever. Also surprised how short both of them were.

Funnier thing is, Mr Denham-supporter and myself, if we debated and someone heard only a few heteredox positions we have...they'd assume he was the liberal dude from California and I was the Trumpist carpetbagger. ...Eh, oh well, in a bizarro world or decades down, perhaps the two of us could establish a sorta Will Hurd/Beto kinda thing.

In conclusion, unlike the kinda "huh, no kidding" kinda encounter I had with Citizen, The Doctor [in fairness, I was at one my jobs so I couldn't really do much]...I'm a bit more pumped to do meet-ups now...I mean, if anyone here is in my area [whichever area I'm in] and willing.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #668 on: April 14, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »

One of my friends mentioned last night her sister's 20-year-old kid had changed names and wants to be referred to as "they/them".

All of us 50-somethings (i.e., late 40s to early 60s) were discussing how hard it was to adjust to gender-fluidity, as opposed to the old "classical transgender" issues.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #669 on: April 14, 2019, 12:25:20 PM »

Turned down the offer from Oregon and turned down my local school fellowship. Stings, but this looks like the best path for now.
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #670 on: April 14, 2019, 01:44:10 PM »

Life has been pretty good for me in 2019, and that's rather nice.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #671 on: April 15, 2019, 09:09:00 PM »

So guess who is going to start day trading full time this May?

I'm at least going to give it a go. I've been doing it part time for the past 3 or so years and I finally feel ready to take the plunge into having it as my main income source. It's still scary af tho.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2019, 06:32:31 PM by FM Scott🦋 »

Does anybody know how to treat chronic fatigue?  I've been exercising more and eating healthier lately, but I'm still exhausted all the time and it's killing me.  I normally get 8-9 hours of sleep each night, too, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I'm thinking about talking to my psychiatrist about it, but I'm afraid he'll pull my Xanax or antidepressants (Paxil/Lyrica), or my Ambien which I actually need to fall asleep.  My whole body's a mess.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #673 on: April 18, 2019, 07:10:50 PM »

Does anybody know how to treat chronic fatigue?  I've been exercising more and eating healthier lately, but I'm still exhausted all the time and it's killing me.  I normally get 8-9 hours of sleep each night, too, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I'm thinking about talking to my psychiatrist about it, but I'm afraid he'll pull my Xanax or antidepressants (Paxil/Lyrica), or my Ambien which I actually need to fall asleep.  My whole body's a mess.

Maybe you are anemic or have mono?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #674 on: April 18, 2019, 07:16:32 PM »

Maybe you are anemic or have mono?

Taking a quick look at list the symptoms, I'm probably more likely to have anemia than mono.  I definitely need blood work done.  I just don't want a doctor to assume that these are all side effects from all the medications I'm taking and have them pulled, because then I'd be really screwed.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies