Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:27:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 148922 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: June 21, 2019, 11:45:58 PM »

Another death in the family. This is like the fifth this year. My eldest cousins wife died after a long battle with cancer. I feel particularly bad for my great-aunt, who since last March has seen her husband, two sisters (including my grandma), and now her daughter-in-law pass away. I did not know the departed particularly well but saw her once every few years or so. Very sweet lady, and a devoted mother and grandmother. She’ll be missed.

Speaking of death, my brother’s gf’s best friend died a week after being discovered unconscious in an abandoned Detroit house. She had been in a coma and on life support. Now my brother’s GF is trapped in Michigan as her parents won’t pay for her return to Florida, nor will they let her stay with them, so she’s functionally stranded and homeless. My brother is getting her a bus ticket to Orlando and I’ll probably have to go there and pick her up next week.

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #951 on: June 22, 2019, 01:26:55 AM »

Another death in the family. This is like the fifth this year. My eldest cousins wife died after a long battle with cancer. I feel particularly bad for my great-aunt, who since last March has seen her husband, two sisters (including my grandma), and now her daughter-in-law pass away. I did not know the departed particularly well but saw her once every few years or so. Very sweet lady, and a devoted mother and grandmother. She’ll be missed.

Speaking of death, my brother’s gf’s best friend died a week after being discovered unconscious in an abandoned Detroit house. She had been in a coma and on life support. Now my brother’s GF is trapped in Michigan as her parents won’t pay for her return to Florida, nor will they let her stay with them, so she’s functionally stranded and homeless. My brother is getting her a bus ticket to Orlando and I’ll probably have to go there and pick her up next week.

I’m sorry man, this sucks to here.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #952 on: June 22, 2019, 01:38:39 AM »

I'll be praying for all of you, man.  I truly wish there was more that I could do. Sad
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #953 on: June 22, 2019, 03:46:09 AM »

I'm reconnecting with my best friend from college.  She lives in Colorado now and wants me to come visit.  I don't expect much to happen given my life circumstances, but if the stars align for us then who knows?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #954 on: June 22, 2019, 06:16:44 PM »

I'm back on Ambien again!

I'll try to keep my Ambienposting to a minimum this time. Wink

Does Ambien help for shift working?

You on night shift too?

Yep. My problem is it's hot and bright now in summer, had an easier time when I was first starting in April.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #955 on: June 22, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »

I'm back on Ambien again!

I'll try to keep my Ambienposting to a minimum this time. Wink

Does Ambien help for shift working?

You on night shift too?

Yep. My problem is it's hot and bright now in summer, had an easier time when I was first starting in April.

I hang a blanket up over my windows every day when trying to sleep and have gotten pretty decent at passing out naturally.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #956 on: June 25, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »

I just came back from voting in the primary for Queens District Attorney. Filled in the ballot for Tiffany Caban. Excited to see the results tonight!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #957 on: June 26, 2019, 07:30:19 AM »

Booked a table for 4 at Alinea next month. Been a few years since I've eaten there, so looking forward to it!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #958 on: June 26, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »

An update on my life: I am no longer in Tallahassee and am working for my dad at the trucklot. We spent several hours in 93 degree heat using his 40+ year old forklift to place heavy concrete barriers in front of the grass by the front gate to keep other local businesses from parking their own rigs there.  They’re killing the grass (the city of Pompano is anal about environmental qualities even though this is a ghetto - the county jail is literally right behind us ffs) and don’t rent space, so they have no business being here. By the end of the work, I think I was suffering heatstroke. I had a splitting headache and was exhausted, ended up sleeping for sixteen hours straight after.

Have you ever tried untying rusty old chains that have been knotted in 90+ degree heat? It freaking sucks. Plus I’m pretty sure that violates OSHA standards Tongue
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #959 on: June 26, 2019, 10:43:53 AM »

tfw the sky is actually on fire

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #960 on: June 26, 2019, 10:59:52 AM »

What? That's just a normal summer day in South Texas, maybe a tad warmer than a normal summer day in North Texas, but still lmao.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #961 on: June 26, 2019, 11:01:37 AM »

What? That's just a normal summer day in South Texas, maybe a tad warmer than a normal summer day in North Texas, but still lmao.

Continental Europe is an actual civilized place, not Texas.

And yeah it's been a scorching month in Switzerland.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #962 on: June 26, 2019, 11:05:59 AM »

Continental Europe is an actual civilized place, not Texas.

And yeah it's been a scorching month in Switzerland.

Very funny, but the stereotypes of TX are confined to places like Ochiltree and Guthrie.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #963 on: June 26, 2019, 11:15:06 AM »

Same here, we broke a 70 Year record for June. 38,6 Degrees in parts of east germany. Highest since records were taken. Its unbearable because most houses in central europe-unlike texas-dont have air conditioning.

My dad grew up in an area with many dozens of days of the year well above 40 celcius with heavy humidity and never had an ac. And it even got worse when he would spend weeks at a time at his paternal grandparent's mud house during summer break, and there are millions if not billions of people who had and have it worse than he did, so like yeah. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #964 on: June 26, 2019, 11:17:59 AM »

Yeah, there's a reason I don't go anywhere during the day if I don't have to.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #965 on: June 26, 2019, 11:35:14 PM »

ANCHOR DOWN!!!!
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #966 on: June 27, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »

I finally got tired of seeing olawakandi post nonsense onto the forum to the point of adding him to ignore.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #967 on: June 27, 2019, 11:13:24 PM »

This whole freshman orientation thing has been miserable daunting and lonely, if things don’t go well the next few months I might not be able to take it and just join the military or get a job or something, because this just seems undoable, kudos to all of you for being able to get degrees, it is an impressive accomplishment.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #968 on: June 27, 2019, 11:24:32 PM »

This whole freshman orientation thing has been miserable daunting and lonely, if things don’t go well the next few months I might not be able to take it and just join the military or get a job or something, because this just seems undoable, kudos to all of you for being able to get degrees, it is an impressive accomplishment.

Thank you, though I'm starting to feel the same way on my quest to the teaching certificate. Two-thirds of the way done with this program. And yet...
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #969 on: June 27, 2019, 11:30:53 PM »

r u on a boat?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #970 on: June 27, 2019, 11:47:12 PM »

Nah, it's the Vandy sports saying (because Vandy baseball won the national championship last night)!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #971 on: June 28, 2019, 01:10:06 AM »

That was pretty much how I felt for much of September my freshman year. I sadly don't have much advice to offer since my way out was going Greek, which isn't for everybody and differs from school to school and chapter to chapter.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #972 on: June 28, 2019, 09:18:48 AM »

Zurich, but in French? This will not do.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #973 on: June 28, 2019, 09:34:44 AM »

Well, yesterday I had a meeting regarding a trip I won in a contest organized by the local government and I apparently knew one of the people who will be going with me!

I had not seen her in ages in fact so it was nice to meet her again even if I barely knew her.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #974 on: June 28, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »

I'm a brave pioneer who has risked my life by moving across the language divide to live with our barbarian German speaking cousins Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies